Start by marking “Forsaken Prince (Kilenya Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Forsaken Prince (Kilenya Chronicles, #1)

Forsaken Prince

(Kilenya Chronicles #1)

Jacob refuses the role of Forsaken Prince. Until his father and little sister are kidnapped...

When an attractive girl tells Jacob he's the Forsaken Prince and that an entirely different planet needs his help, he calls her crazy and sends her on her way. But then he discovers dead demons in his house, his mother beaten, and his father and sister kidnapped, and he's forced
Published November 1st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Forsaken Prince, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forsaken Prince

Belinda
Jan 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
4,25 stars - English Ebook - rewrite of the Key of Kilenya -
Quote from the book : Where there more of those things in the house? 🍀🍀
I turned the pages and had a bad feeling when I put this book down. I do read 3 other books at the same time. It’s a great start for a good serie. Will read the next book in this series soon. I hope that one is a five star read. 🌹🌷🌸
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
***3.5 stars***

This is a great fantasy book for young fantasy lovers. It moves at a quick pace and the writing is easy to read and understand. I think that it would be a great fit for an in-between reader, someone who needs a little more to a story and not ready for the in-depth plot of a more advanced book.

I enjoyed the story and the characters. Andrea Pearson did a great job at laying down the foundation for her series. A young man finds that he is a Prince from another world and is called to
Daydreamer
Aug 28, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
I got to 50%, then I just couldnt take it anymore.

The story starts average with a boy being told that he is a prince of some other planet. His father and sister are taken hostage by some evil dudes and he has to save them.
And his reaction is nonexistent to that. No screaming, shouting, telling them to solve their own problems?
Just "kay mommy, will do so." While his mom stays at home....
Seriously? He doesn`t klnow Sh... about it?!

And of course he has to have some super powers.
Seriously, the
Tamera Westhoff
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Updated Series

I wasn't sure how I would feel about an update, because I loved the Kilenya series so much the first time. It far exceeded my expectations! There is so much action without a lot of boring descriptions and I love that Jacob is older! My daughter wanted a lot more information, because she hadn't read the series and was lost. I feel that this is a great restart to an amazing series!
Irene A.
May 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received a free e-book copy in exchange for an honest review.
This is a phantasy book aimed at teenagers/YA, but even as an adult I enjoyed it very much.
The book is about Jacob, a boy who finds out in reality he is a prince from another world and he has to fulfil a quest in order to save his father and sister from the evil creatures that have taken over their kingdom. Along the way he has to overcome many obstacles and fight for his life and his companions.
It is fast-paced but even so manages
Anie
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: magic
Received from Author in exchange for honest review

Key of Kilenya is one of my favourite books, so going into Forsaken Prince (which is Key of Kilenya rewritten) I was a bit reluctant. What if it isn’t as good? Well, it’s even better. 😏
Jacob is 16 year old boy. One day girl approaches him, to take him to Makalos so he can help find Key of Kilenya and he just dismisses her, thinking she talks crazy. 😏

He raised an eyebrow. “Excuse me?” Was that even English? “Key of . . . colon? Uh . . . Who hired
Topsues
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a re-write of the book called The Key of Kilenya. At first I was un-sure how much more a re-write of this story could offer, and did I really want to re-read a book I found although good, but also quite young in vocabulary and action. I am glad I decided to see. This version offers the reader an older version of the main character and with that comes a more commercial range of readers who I believe will enjoy this story. Andrea Pearson has managed to add more depth to the characters, I n ...more
Crystal
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book in exhange for an honest review.
I've wanted to read this when it was known as The Key of Kilenya, and even though it's had some changes made, I'm so glad I finally read it. It's an easy read and since I wanted to read it, I knocked it out in two days.

Pearson doesn't hesitate to jump right into conflict, and that probably helped draw me in. I knew enough going on from reading the description, and then enough was explained after a tense moment, and then I was flying through th
T.M. Blayte
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A big thank you to Inspired Kathy for this e-book.

Jacob Clark is your average teenager. All he worries about is school, and his afternoon job. And then he is thrown into this magical mess.
I have to say I like the way Jacob handles it. He doesn’t work hard to not believe the obvious. What is noteworthy about Jacob’s character, is how normal he is. Most human characters who stumble into magic worlds, always remark how weird things happened to them all the time, how they thought they were crazy, e
Amber Jones
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was a great start to the first in this book series. It really grips you and takes you into the story and what happens to Jacob throughout it.

Jacob is an interesting character he doesnt know about his family history or where he really comes from he thinks he is human and an average one at that. Until Aloren comes to his town and starts talking about things he thinks are crazy. He blows her off until his family calls him numerous times he rushes home after they dont answer him and when he arr
Susan
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you like fantasy, magic and adventure, you will like this book and series. Forsaken Prince is the first book in the Kilenya Chronicles series. This is an updated version of The Key to Kilenya series which was geared more towards middle schoolers. You can read this book as a standalone, but it does set the stage for future books. There is violence and use of magic.

The book blurb adequately describes the storyline so I'm not going to repeat all of that info here. The characters are well written
Monica
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
First I have to say that the book was a great beginning for a promising series. As a beginning I tent to books seems to be “missing” something that for sure will be address in the next ones. I also think the ones to come should be more interesting and engaging. The story is intriguing and the concept of the fantasy is rich and has depth to it. To me the characters have a lack of depth and it was hard to relate or engage with most of them. At some point, it seems that it was written to be a fast ...more
Keith Phelps
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantasy and action lovers you need to read this book. First book in this series. Great for teens and up. I couldn't put it down so I think it has it all. It starts right away into the action and then the fun begins. I don't like to tell much of the story when I write a review but here goes... Jacob comes home to find ugly creatures from a sci fi movie dead in his home and no Mother or baby sister. He was told a strange story earlier by some stranger that says she knows who he is and that she nee ...more
Kaye
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
KICKING UP DUST!!!
Talk about playing for keeps. This is another solid gold creation by Andrea. She really rocks this page turning bombshell 100%. If you're looking for an action packed, fast paced, hard hitting read, congrats my friends you've found it. Twists and turns abound bringing more suspense to keep your attention on the pages and your rear glued to your seat. It doesn't hurt that Andrea knows how to tell a story either. The characters are well developed and believable. Their personaliti
Daniella Marchand
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Events start to happen quickly, and the action is immediate,
Jacob is soon on his way to rescue his father and sister as well as recover the stolen key of Kilenya that only he can activate and use.
Aloren's allows their friendship time to grow from the beginning, and also meet Akeno, Jacob's new friend among the Makalos.
It was my first book of the Kilenya Chronicles. The storytelling is treat, full of heart; Rel
Heather
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Forsaken Prince is a significant rewrite of The Key of Kilenya. The basic story is the same and most of what the travelers encounter is the same, but it happens at a faster pace with more sophisticated vocabulary as it is intended for a more mature audience (young adult vs. middle grades). From the very first page, the story just takes off. Even though I basically know what was going to happen having read The Key of Kilenya a few months ago, I was still sucked right in and could barely put the b ...more
Fiction
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book is the rewritten version of "The Key of Kilenya", book 1 in the Kilenya Chronicles. The beginning starts off just right with action and revealed secrets. This time we are not overwhelmed with a barrage of characters all at the beginning. Great for teens and adults alike. A fun and mysterious book that is so well written, it draws you into a whole new world. Magic, monsters, and mythical beings make up this new universe. This is a clean read with no sex or swearing. However, the fightin ...more
Diana Page
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you love fantasy stories with enough "real life" in them that they could almost be true, this is the series for you !! Jacob is told he is a "Prince" from another world by a girl named Aloren, he telks ger she's stark raving crazy, until Demons attack, leaving his Mom beaten and his sister and Dad prisoners in the other world. Jacob has a limited amount of time to master his magical powers and find a way to get his family back without plunging the new world into a war that will leave it steep ...more
Margaret
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hidden Prince find out his heritage and goes on a quest to find his kidnapped father.
Jacob is approached by a young woman asking him questions. What she tells him has him headed home where he finds his mother injured and his father and sister kidnapped. He then receives a message telling him to find the Key of Kilenya and bring it to them. if he didn't his father and sister would die. This sets him off on a fast paced adventure full of monsters and traps. A great read for sitting and relaxing.
I
Frank Bertino
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Continuous Action

Jacob is rudely yanked into a world of fantasy that is real yet has been hidden from him. He can't believe that he is a prince or that his subjects are depending on him to right what is wrong with their world. I like the action, watching his growth, and his concern for his friends and all people as he seeks to rescue his father and sister. Will there be a bit of romance when he goes off to rescue Aloren in the next book? I am about to start the next book.
Cassie
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fantasy Lovers
I received this book free with the intention to review, this didn't effect my opinion of the book.
This is a very intriguing fantasy, Jacob a Junior in high school is suddenly thrown into another world in order to save his dad and little sister, but the world is quite dangerous especially for one not familiar with it. This book was fun to read and held my interest throughout. I would recommend it to all lovers of fantasy.
Suzanne Withers
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review. The first book in a new series by this author. Excellent start with great descriptions of the characters and new world environment.Jacob's quest to save his family and kingdom. There is danger on all sides as he starts to come of age and into his magical abilities. There is action, adventure and magic to be read about. I can't wait for the rest of the series.
Margaret McCormack
Apr 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
The forsaken prince is easy pleasant reading. A boy discovers he is a prince from another world. His father and sister are abducted by strange creatures and he has to go back into that world to rescue them. One thing that did confuse me slightly is that he had an older brother who did not take part in this quest nor does he appear to know anything about this land despite moving to their current life when his younger brother was born.
Elda
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Forsaken Prince has gone on a quest with some very unique characters to find his father the king and his sister. They have plenty of adventures along the way and some near death experiences. But since this is the first book in the series you know they don’t actually die. Some high action and tense moments keep the reader in suspense though. I would highly recommend this book to all young adults and older who still think they’re young ;;-).
Nydia Burdick
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book. I thought the writing was excellent as was the character development. I had a lot of distractions going on when I was reading this, nevertheless, I could easily pick up the thread of the story. I still have questions about why the main character’s (the prince) parents didn’t tell him anything and didn’t train him. Seems like a crime. I guess this will be revealed in a sequel.
Fiona
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, 2018
Good start to new series.

I found the book was easy to read with likable characters. Jacob just gets the job done in order to save his family. I loved picturing the scene where he found the key/keyboard where he opens it, just wow.

Andrea is one of those authors who knows how to use the written word to put her readers under her spell.

I have read the original Kilenya Chronicles yet but intend to.
Lorella Piras
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a freecopy of this book via Booksprout and am voluntarily leaving a review.
I really like this author so I was excited to read a re-write of her stunning series
This book really draws you into the story and makes it hard to put down. The characters and storyline are very intriguing and I'm excited to read the next book in this series. Highly recommended!
Tonya D Flores
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jacob finds out he is the Prince in another world that he's never heard of before. And that world is in trouble. It is being ruled by an evil race called Lorkin. The Lorkin have kidnapped Jacob's father and sister and he is the only one who can save them. A roller coaster ride of surprises and action. So hop on a take a ride, it's lots of fun!
Gail McCarthy-Bennett
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Will definitely recommend!

I love this author so I knew this book would be good from the beginning. And she did not disappoint! You took the journey with the main character, gaining knowledge together as if you yourself was on the expedition. Can't wait to read the next book in the series.
Joanne Hampton
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exciting, terrific reading. The story flows well and the characters are realistic with lively intervention. Jacob is the Forsaken Prince to save his father and sister that was kidnapped and in another realm. He has to learn who the bad guys are while trying to rescue his father and sister. Lots is action, good storytelling. Loved reading this book. I received a complimentary copy of this book.

• The Alpha (The Vampire and Werewolf Chronicles #1)
  • Mission Improbable (Carrie Hatchett, Space Adventurer #1)
  • Criminal Enchantment (Enchanted, Inc. #0.5)
  • Beyond the Trail
  • Love in an Elevator: A Romantic Comedy Anthology
  • The Art of Goodbye (Where I Belong #2.5)
  • The Sage After Rain
  • Take a Picture
  • Wild Heart Summer (Sugar Creek #2)
  • Red Hot Squeaky Clean ROMANCE Collection
  • The Wrecker
  • Bethany's New Reality
  • Beyond the Fortuneteller's Tent (Beyond, #1)
  • The Case of the Displaced Detective: The Arrival (Displaced Detective, #1)
  • The Mikado
  • Christmas at the Red Door Inn (Prince Edward Island Dreams, #3.5)
  • My Fair Lacey & A Perfect Fit
  • The Secrets of Ivy Garden
Andrea, a Brigham Young University graduate, is an avid reader and outdoor enthusiast (hiking, fishing, boating, biking, spending time in the Rocky Mountains, and taking walks). She spent a year and a half serving the Spanish speaking community in Toronto, Canada, and fluently speaks 2 languages. She plays several instruments, not including the banjo, and loves putting together musical arrangemen ...more

Kilenya Chronicles (7 books)
  • Ember Gods (Kilenya Chronicles Book 2)
  • August Fortress (Kilenya, #3)
  • Stolen Princess (Kilenya Chronicles)
  • Rise of Keitus (Kilenya, #4)
  • Eyes of the Sun (Kilenya Series, 5)
  • Golden Symbol (Kilenya Chronicles Book 6)