Start by marking “Corrode (Surface Rust, #2)” as Want to Read:
Corrode (Surface Rust, #2)

Corrode (Surface Rust #2)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  509 Ratings  ·  151 Reviews
A standalone second chance romance.

It didn't matter how young we were.
We just knew.
Forever was stamped on our hearts, no matter what forces tried to keep us apart.
They tried, and they failed.

We were happy.
We lived, we loved, and we made plans.
But as the years went by, we watched helplessly as those plans faded into dusty aspirations.

Yet we endured.
Time and time
Published November 4th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Corrode, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Corrode

KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

All roads in life...no matter where I've been or where I'm going...every single one will always lead me back to you. In this and every life after.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

‘CORRODE’: Is the second instalment in Elle Fields ‘Surface Rust Series’ and is spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’

The story starts off with Felix finally being released from his stint in prison, whilst incarcerated the only ones who visited him were his brother and Sam, leaving a big gap where his Doe should’ve been. He’s not seen or heard from her
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“All roads in life…. No matter where I’ve been or where I’m going… every single one will always lead me back to you. In this and every life after”.

It’s no secret that this book has been one of my most HIGHLY anticipated reads this year and I couldn’t wait to get my hands on it. This author came out of nowhere and cemented her words on my heart without ever giving me a proper warning. Her storytelling is what keeps me coming back for more like an addict who doesn’t know they have a problem,
Malene
I’m so freaking happy I discovered Ella Fields two months ago! Her two previous books Frayed Silk and Cyanide were incredible and with Corrode she’s cemented herself as a favorite author of mine. Damn, all the feels she delivered with this story. They kept coming at me constantly and hit me right in the heart and gut. It was pretty intense and it’s because she’s created some strong, flawed and well developed characters.

The foundation of Felix and Maggie’s relationship was created when they firs
Jeannine Allison
***LIVE!!***

Amazon: http://amzn.to/2zV5iUy
iBooks: http://apple.co/2yP9RC5
Nook: http://bit.ly/2zJXHaG
Kobo: http://bit.ly/2yayp9c

*an infinite amount of stars!*

I can count on one hand the number of books I would describe as perfect, and Corrode joins that very small list. It had EVERYTHING I love in a story. Seriously. I think I've only given an infinite amount of stars rating to two others books, soon to be three when my lazy ass gets around to writing my review for Kyland (another book that is
Paige
5 “Life Long Love” Stars

Angsty. Soul deep. Unique. Second chance love story. Perfect.

Every. Time. Ms. Fields does it every time. She writes something new. Something heart breaking. Something sexy. Something jaw dropping. But the romance bleeds through each and every page. Felix and Maggie’s story took everything from me and I don’t want it back.

Corrode followed Maggie and Felix as they shared a young love that was more real than most grown people ever get to experience. But their road was not p
Nazanin
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 "Little Doe & Big Guy" Stars

Really loved it! Even more than the first book! Maggie and Felix’s relationship was special! There were all the emotions you like to see in a book; love & hate, funny & sad moments, smiling & crying, regret & redemption...! Really enjoyed how they fell in love, how they fought with problems, how they tried to fix the mistakes they did…

Told in dual POV, 1 st person. It’s the second installment in the "Surface Rust" series but it can be read as a
NMmomof4
3 Stars

Overall Opinion: I enjoyed this, but maybe not as much as I thought I would. Expectations suck like that! I didn't mean to set the bar so high, but after reading so many raving reviews I couldn't help it. I didn't like how the H behaved when they were reunited. I get that he was upset, but I didn't ever really understand his reasoning. (view spoiler)
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

Take the Big Bad Wolf set back on the right path when he met his heart just to slip years later and fall on his behind.

”fallingbambi”/

Take a Little Doe attracted by the Big Bad Wolf and not afraid to slum it up if it meant following her heart.

”love”/

They live happily for years except life is sometimes a cruel mistress. In every good tale people make mistakes and there is a jealous villain ready to pounce! Everything is destroyed.

”fire”/

Lessons learned Big Bad Wolf will have to grovel to get his heart back except.
Claypot_Reads -  Michelle
It's no surprise that I was impatiently waiting for Felix and Maggie's story. I adore Ella Field's writing style and I knew this one would pack plenty of punch. I was not wrong.

Nobody else writes characters that I want to equally strangle and cuddle quite like Ella. She has a natural gift for creating beautifully flawed, real, raw characters that stay with you long after you finish the story. They're not always the easy, popular characters but they are ones who will move you.

Love stories that ma
Auden Dar
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Six glorious stars!

After enjoying FRAYED SILK and CYANIDE, I couldn’t wait to get my hands on CORRODE. And when CORRODE finally hit my Kindle, it felt like Christmas in October.

Upon reading the dedication in the book, “To those who seek forgiveness, may you one day be granted a second chance,” I knew instantly this story was going to be special.

I took my time devouring CORRODE because Ms. Fields is simply put, a wordsmith. The author's prose is stunning, and I had to pause several times during
Yasmin
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I feel like I’ve been waiting forever for this book. So the moment it landed on my kindle, I dove right in. I stayed up until the wee hours of the morning finishing it. And honestly, I have no regrets. Corrode is a book that is hard to put down.

Corrode is a complete standalone but if you read Cyanide, you know exactly who Felix is. To say I was impatiently waiting for his book would be a huge understatement. I knew it was going to hurt so good but I was prepared for it. And Ella didn’t disappoi
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
All the stars!

photo 771DD62B-4D3B-48DE-AF0E-C7DC83B940CE_zps5ywgckee.gif

Corrode, I must say, was one of my most anticipated reads for this year. The second book in the Surface Rust series, this book focuses on Felix, brother of Jared from Cyanide. I'm not going to delve too deep in plot except to encourage readers to start with Cyanide. Though both books can be read as standalones, I think we get a decent background to these characters in that first book. I liked Cyanide, but I LOVED Corrode.

Corrode, a second chance romance between two souls who cou
Deanna❤Pink Lady❤️
5 “Made Me Happy” Stars

A romance......spanning from high school to 10+ years, in good times and bad, from being together to being separated to maybe having a second chance at love. An encompassing story of two souls that find each other early in life and have to learn to navigate life through its ups and downs. They aren’t rich or privileged, they are everyday people who have to reformulate their life when they find love with one another. And from the very beginning to the very end, their love
♚Julia ~ The Romance Rebels ♚
5 "Love is always enough" Stars

Life happened in unpredictable waves, and we just had to keep swimming above the surface. As long as we had each other, we wouldn't sink."

This book.... this fucking book... RUINED ME. Took my very soul and crushed my heart to dust. Ella Fields has a way with words that gives you goosebumps, and in big crocodile tears. There wasn't one moment while reading Corrode that I wasn't tearing up.

Felix and Maggie's love story is one that will pull your heart string
Briana Pacheco
😍😭👌🏼 This is my favorite Ella Fields book. And that's saying a lot because I loved the other 2 👀💙💙💙💙💙
Paula D
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book from beginning to end. A heartbreaking romance story with a second chance. Maggie i loved her strength even though she thought she was weak. Felix at first I was angry with him but I fell deeply in love with the man we saw his true side of himself come out and I cried with him. If you love romance book this is definitely a must read. 5/5 stars *** I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Copy of this book ***
Nicole Erard
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Omg Ella Fields has hit it out of the park with Felix and Maggie’s story!! An emotional read that grabs you and won’t let go!! I love how she gives us their past and the present. I love Little Archie and her supporting characters are just as amazing as her main characters and let’s not forget a glimpse of previously loved characters!! Don’t miss this story!!
Vanessa
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Being excited for this release doesn’t even begin to describe my feelings for this book. Once I received the book on my kindle. I could not wait to read it. From the very first page to the last it left me wanting so much more. The author makes you feel as if you are a part of the story watching from the sidelines as all this is happening around you. There are not enough stars I can give this book. I feel as if giving five stars is doing it injustice. Can’t wait to read what’s next.
Vanessa (nessreads)
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*ARC kindly provided in exchange for an honest review*

5 "Little Doe" Stars!!!!!

After I finished reading Corrode last night, I just needed some time for myself and my feelings. You see, I knew what I wanted to say, or I thought I did, but it was as if the words were lodged in my throat and wouldn't come out. And even having the words, I'm not so sure I could've formed complete sentences. There are a few books that have left me in this state. The state of wonderment. The feeling of euphoria after
Bella
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, arc
This was my first read by Ella Fields and it won't be my last!!

What I loved best about this book:
~Alternating POV (my favorite way to read a book)
~Second chance romance (swoon!) These characters get together young and the book spans many years. I love their shared history.
~Flawed characters - Felix and Maggie aren't perfect (far from it!!). I wanted to reach in and strangle and hug them both in equal measure.
~Hot motorcycle man with a baby!!! The scenes with Felix and Archie seriously melte
Laila-Emilie
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is one of the BEST books I have read, like ever❤ I’m so much in love with this story. I really loved Felix and Maggie’s relationship, and the way they loved each other so deeply. This is a book you all just absolutely need to read, it’s unique. I really liked how we got to read how they met and got togheter when they were young. This is an sweet, angsty, perfect second chance love.. I have no regrets for reading this beautiful book. This is a book people really should read and experien ...more
Lisa Staples
Well, yet again, I'm not surprised Ella has delivered an outstanding story, this time of second chance love, that is far removed from any other I have read, suffice it to say it stands alone, immaculate in it's rendition and depiction.

Be prepared however, this is not a story you view from the sidelines like an audience at the theater.
Check your heart in at the cloakroom, for you will be walking through this story with it's characters, stumbling when they fall, breaking when they come apart, laug
Ayennix
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ella Fields is such an amazing author with a gift of story telling that enthralls and engages the reader, inviting them to live the story as their reality. Corrode was no different.

It is an amazing story of two people, two souls, that meet by chance and discover a spark of such a strong connection that survives time, experiences and betrayals.

I loved her characters so much, all of her characters. They have depth, and yet, their humanity shows through the weaknesses they give-in to and their emot
A.S
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this author and her books.

There were so many stages to this book, from Felix and Maggie meeting young to dating to spending their life together, to after everything that happened in between.

"Seeing you happy makes me happy."
Their love and the nicknames and the small jokes and everything -I totally enjoyed throughout this book.
I can’t say more without spoiling anything but damn.. I wish I could!

It felt so real reading it like I was watching their story through my eyes. I don’t know if th
Annette Brignac
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW. Im so grateful for receiving an ARC of this book!!!! Ella Fields has hit home run number 3 with this absolutely stunning story! I have been looking forward to Maggie & Felix's story since reading Cyanide and Ella did not disappoint. Beautiful writing. A wonderful balance of drama, humor, sadness, and excitement. You absolutely must read this book!
RaChelle
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*ARC received for honest review*

"I'm sorry," I croak, my eyes closing.
"Don't be. All roads in life... no matter where I've been or where I'm going... every single one will always lead me back to you. In this and every life after."

I'm not going to lie, when this ARC hit my kindle, I squealed in joy, making my husband roll his eyes at my nerdness. (You'd think he'd be used to it by now!)

Ella's words spin and weave Maggie and Felix's past and present flawlessly, allowing every aspect of their de
Kelly Green
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
💖💖"All the roads in life...no matter where I've been or where I'm going...every single one will always lead me back to you. In this and every life after."💖💖

If I'm being honest I was not really as excited for this book. I love Ella Fields writing and have loved the stories she has told me so far, so I figured I would like this one too. But seriously I was not too sure I was going to love a story about a guy who wound up in jail for bad choices he made trying to support his family and the girl who
Yvette (Booksandbandanas)
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was introduced to this phenomenal author this year. Every book of hers I’ve read I HAVE LOVED. This story is in connection to her previous book, but can be read as a complete standalone. I’m familiar with Ella’s writing but had no idea she would pull so much out of me as a reader with this one.

The writing is Devine. The characters in this story you could feel every emotion, from kids, to adults, to sadness, to happiness, I went through a range of emotions I couldn’t put into coherent words ot
Konny
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Corrode by Ella Fields is the second book in the Surface Rust Series. Every book can easily be read as a standalone. Book one, Cyanide is Vera and Jareds book. Corrode is Maggie and Felixs book.

Felix is back from prison. Hes bitter and angry. He left a real mess behind and now he wants to fix things. But instead fixing he lashes out. He feels betrayed and robbed of his right.
Maggie is a young woman with a hard life. Shes good people, but she made mistakes too.
And now fate has decided the time h
Stephanie Osborne
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ah... Ms Ella Fields. The queen of love stories that have a way of gutting you first. Corrode is unique in that both h & H are strong likable people from the beginning, who just want to do right by one another. One terrible mistake changes their path, and tears them apart. The road to forgiveness is hard, and even in the midst of healing, threatens to destroy them both.

“Because at the very foundation of it all, we had a deep understanding of each other. We were friends. Friends who were in
Ella Fields is a mother and wife who lives in the land Down Under. While her kids are in school, you might find her talking about her characters to her cat, Bert, and dog, Grub.
She's a notorious chocolate and notebook hoarder who enjoys creating hard-won happily ever afters.

Stalk her here:

Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/authorellafields/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/authorellaf...

Twitter:
More about Ella Fields

Surface Rust (2 books)
  • Cyanide (Surface Rust, #1)

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
  • Bittersweet
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Twilight / Life and Death (Twilight, #1, 1.75)
    $10.99 $2.99
  • Siege and Storm (The Grisha, #2)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Hard Love (Hacker #5)
    $7.99 $0.99
  • A Walk to Remember
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Secrets in Death (In Death, #45)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hard Limit (Hacker #4)
    $6.99 $0.99
  • Lumière (The Illumination Paradox, #1)
  • Valorous (Quantum, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tempting Dusty (Temptation Saga, #1)
  • When Never Comes
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures with the Boss (Misadventures, #12)
  • Baby Daddy
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twice Bitten (Argeneau #27)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Misadventures of a Good Wife (Misadventures, #6)
  • Calendar Girl: Volume Three
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Love and Other Unknown Variables
    $7.99 $0.99
  • Storm Warned (Grim, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Real Thing (Sugar Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Bronze Horseman (The Bronze Horseman, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
“Because you two are my heart, and I can’t live without my heart.” 0 likes
“Comfort brings strings that don’t like to untie themselves just because you know something is wrong.” 0 likes