Start by marking “The Final Six (The Final Six, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Final Six (The Final Six, #1)

The Final Six

(The Final Six #1)

When Leo, an Italian championship swimmer, and Naomi, a science genius from California, are two of the twenty-four teens drafted into the International Space Training Camp, their lives are forever altered. After erratic climate change has made Earth a dangerous place to live, the fate of the population rests on the shoulders of the final six who will be scouting a new plan ...more
Published March 6th 2018 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about The Final Six, please sign up.

Start your review of The Final Six (The Final Six, #1)
Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
RATING: 4/5

*I recieved an e-ARC from Edelweiss and HarperCollins in exchange for an honest review*

This is a fast-paced dystopian/sci-fi novel with an interesting concept and a lot of romance.
Our main characters, Leo and Naomi, are competing to become one of The Final Six (teenagers who will be sent to Jupiter's Moon ''Europa'', in hopes of making it a safe place for mankind). In order to be chosen, they'll have to overcome obstacles and pass certain tests.

I really enjoyed this book. I think the
Ishmeen
Jun 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was everything I wanted out of this story y’all it was so interesting and my scifi heart is super content 👏🏼 I have to say though the ending did seem a bit rushed and there were some areas I wish had been explored more in depth but I am still looking forward to the next book which I’m sure will be even more exciting to read about :)
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin

There’s some challenges, teen angst, sabotage, alien stuff and kissing!

Mel 🖤🐶🐺🐾
Kassidy
Apr 10, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5*

It was a very interesting and emotional story!
chloe ♡
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD!*

So, I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi.

Sure, I enjoyed reading Your One and Only by Adrianne FInlay and Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff, but sci-fi in general is not my type of book? (Ugh what am I talking about please ignore my rambling.)

The cover is so beautiful! I love galaxy backgrounds <3 (My old Wattpad account username was galaxywifi. Apparently galaxy backgrounds and Wi-Fi were two of my favorite things back when I was in the fifth grade.)

To be honest, I di
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
description
Check out more reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

Earth is now ravaged with megastorms that beat against the cities on the coasts all around the world. As those cities are flooded one by one, humanity finds they are no longer safe on the earth. Scientists and astronauts work together to prepare a final six for a mission to Jupiter's Moon to terraform a new beginning. When Leo, an Italian championship swimmer, and Naomi, an Iranian science genius from California, are 2 of 24 teenagers drafted f
Karen’s Library
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbr-2020, sci-fi
When I read the synopsis of The Final Six, I was immediately drawn to the premise. The keywords for me were Space Training Camp, establish colony on Jupiter’s moon Europa, cutthroat atmosphere, Earth is dying... Yea! All of my favorite things to read about!

And I was NOT disappointed! In fact, if it wasn’t for the fact that I had to put the book down to sleep (finally at 2ish am), I would have read it in one sitting.

24 teens are chosen from around the world to begin training for a colonization
Niki Hawkes - The Obsessive Bookseller
A fun YA read in the same vein as Nyxia by Reintgen. RTC :)
Chelsies Reading Escape
This book is about 24 teens who get drafted into a space training program where the final six will be sent to Jupiters moon in the hopes of making it habitable for a human civilization. With Earth being ravaged by mega storms and a rising tide they're humanities last hope. Our female main character is a science prodigy who's more aware than most the risks involved with this mission and her gut is telling her the mission leaders are hiding something from them. With nothing to go back to and nothi ...more
Alison
Aug 16, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 STARS
This was a really fun read. It was a little scary to see how this could be our world someday (nature is uncontrollable and unpredictable and natural disasters are killing people all over the world). I liked the concept of sending people to a space camp to train to get ready to go live on one of Jupitar's moons.
I wish we had gotten to see more of their training, especially with something so important, I feel like it would have taken more time and skills. It seems like they are basically
Mila
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In case you didn't know, the sequel called "The Life Below" is going to be released on February 18th, 2020. Yay!

***

Okay, but I'm just really confused. How's there no sequel announced after this book ends on such a good cliffhanger? I don't understand.

I really enjoyed this book, it was addicting. I loved both the narrators, especially Leo, he's such a sweet guy. And it's also sciency but not that complicated so even I could get most of it.

I'm really hoping for the sequel because this can't be a s
bee  ˘͈ᵕ˘͈
Sep 09, 2018 rated it liked it
three stars ∗ alright, i was genuinely surprised by this book? i went into it not know anything, and just the fact that it’s about nasa and space exploration made me love it so so much!

everything about this book was executed perfectly. i loved the characters (naomi and leo own my heart omg), i loved the writing style, i loved the plot, i loved everything!

my one wish is that it would’ve been told in third person pov rather than first, but overall i’m very satisfied with this book as whole. i’m
Fanna
Dec 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
February 21, 2020:

➝ Sum it up in points!

✔ twenty-four teens compete to be the final six
✔ space mission to Jupiter's moon
✔ racial diversity
✔ desperate for survival
✔ shocking extraterrestrial revelations

The Final Six brilliantly paces the world ending due to catastrophic natural disasters and the possibility of a setting a new world on the largest planet's moon. It sets up a diverse array of teenagers selected from different countries, with individual abilities that are beneficial to the overall
Sara Saif
Apr 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing

I flew, I mean legit FLEW, through this. One day, 24 hours, that’s how long it took and not because it was a small book. I still cannot believe how fast I read it. It was BRILLIANT!

I dig space shit. Besides fantasy stuff like kingdoms and witches and dragons, sci-fi is my go-to genre. Especially the ones that are set in other planets or about trying to go to other planets. The Final Six is about 24 teens are chosen in a draft to train for a space mission to colonize one of Jupiter’s moons Europa
Myrna
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Fun read with a Hunger Games/Divergent vibe and some twists thrown in. Can’t wait to read the next book! Ugh, that ending!
Nicole (Reading Books With Coffee)
I had a hard time getting into this book, to the point that I did not like it.  At all.

I mean, sure, I read this book in three days, but the more I read, the more I didn't like it.  Is it an interesting idea?  Absolutely.  A book about a group of teenagers trying to start a settlement on Jupiter's moon sounds cool.  But this book just didn't work for me.

One of my biggest issues were the narrators.  The Final Six follows two teens, Naomi and Leo, as they go through training at the ISTC.

For
Tanja Berg
Twenty-four teenagers from an earth badly suffering from climate change are chosen as potential crew on a mission to Europa. Jupiter's moon has been chosen as potential future habitat for humanity, given that Earth has been used up.

Given that we are depleting resources and polluting the very Earth we depend on to feed us, the underlying theme of the book - an uninhabitable planet - feels urgent and relevant. The beginning of the book is thus quite promising. It does not hold up.

I had of course
Jenni Frencham
Climate change has wrecked Earth, so twenty-four teens from around the globe are chosen to compete for a slot in the shuttle that will go to Europa with hopes of establishing a human settlement there. Told from the perspectives of Leo, an Italian swimmer recently orphaned when Italy went underwater, and Naomi, an Iranian-American science nerd from California who is suspicious of this entire mission.

What I Liked: The premise is kind of interesting. I was intrigued to see what would happen - how
Karen
Feb 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya, sci-fi
See my full review and much more on my blog KissinBlueKaren

The characters in the book are pretty awesome. Naomi is brilliant. She really loves, and lives for, her little brother who has a heart condition. Her whole life has been trying to figure out a cure for his heart and stay with her brother. Being drafted isn’t anything she is interested in. Her goal in the competition is to be sent home to her family.

Leo, like many kids in the competition has nothing to go home to. His whole family was
Lilly (Lair Of Books)
***3.5 STARS***

Which means I enjoyed my time with this book/characters & the premise isn't too far fetched at all given our current climate but it left some things to be desired ...Full RTC on Lair Of Books (Link is in the bio)

*HUGE thanks to HarperTeen, Edelweiss & Alexandra Monir for the ARC copy ofThe Final Six

UPDATE: FINAL REVIEW MAY ALSO BE VIEWED ON MY BLOG LAIR OF BOOKS

MY REVIEW

March was the month of Sci-Fi for this little bookworm & I really had a blast spending time with one of my fave
Cori Reed
Aug 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars!
Anne (The Reading Life)
The Final Six is another science fiction young adult book that shows us another devastating future possibility we are heading towards. In this book, due to human's abuse of Earth's environment, global warming finally reached a point of no return, with earth's habitat becoming a ticking time bomb. All resources are not used to other than finding a survival for the human race, which in this case is Europa, humanity's last hope.

Twenty-four teenagers chose from all over the world, the best of the b
Madison
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Final Six combines thrilling tension, intense romance, heartbreaking grief, and sci-fi speculation in a world that is facing the disastrous consequences of climate change.

Leo has nothing left to live for. His family were killed in one of the massive natural disasters to hit Rome, and with no one to care for, he has given up all hope. Until, shockingly, Leo is drafted to the new world army. He is now one of twenty-four teenagers battling it out to become one of the Final Six. The chosen six
Heidi
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Three and a half stars: A thrilling, dystopian book featuring teenagers competing to colonize Jupiter’s moon.

Another devastating storm has decimated another major city. Earth and all of its inhabitants are in extreme danger due to catastrophic climate changes. The only hope now rests on the shoulders of an elite group of twenty four teenagers, picked from the entire world’s population for their gifts. They will compete for six coveted spots to head into space. The destination is Europa, one of
nivedha
Apr 10, 2020 marked it as dnf
Shelves: lost-interest
DNF at 40%.
I just couldn't get into this.
Vicky Again
I'm so sad this book just wasn't for me. I know a lot of the other reviewers really enjoyed reading it, but I was not a fan.

Conceptually, it was interesting and I requested it because of this--the Earth's climate has forced us to scope out a new living possibility--but what I got was a lackluster execution that made this book less enjoyable than it could have been.

It all starts with the actual situation at hand. It sounds nice--climate change, global warming, boo--but the way it's phrased and ex
3.5/5 stars

The Final Six is a Young Adult Science Fiction novel. There is a sequel planned.

The story is set in the future (the date is not specified). The basic premise is that the earth is in dire shape with floods and earthquakes. Twenty-four teens are being drafted to the International Space Training Camp. These teens will be competing to become one of six teens sent on a mission to Europa (Jupiter’s moon).

The narrators are teenagers Naomi and Leo (1st person POVs). Leo is from Italy and is a
Zemira (Kylo Ren fangirl) Warner
It's written by Alexandra Monir so of course I knew there's going to be a lot of romance. I didn't mind that at all because the pair wasn't too dramatic. They were matched pretty well.

I was impressed with the setting and the whole theme of The Final Six and now I'm very excited about the sequel because the cliffhanger was cruel. Just as we were getting some more information about the whole process of colonization, it ended. Can't wait to see what's going to happen next.
Caitlin
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked from the very first line. THE FINAL SIX by Alexandra Monir is a fast-paced and completely engrossing YA Sci-Fi novel. This book is serious page turner! MAJOR cliffhanger warning: the ending is completely unexpected and you will be left wanting more… Highly recommend!!!
Dayle (the literary llama)
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Duuuuuude. I need book 2. NOW! ... more intelligent thoughts coming soon (ha!).

I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
Play Book Tag: The Final Six by Alexandra Monir - 3 Stars 1 7 Apr 29, 2020 04:21PM
Literally Leander: Final Thoughts - July 2 6 Jul 16, 2019 02:30PM
Literally Leander: First Impressions - July 4 10 Jun 11, 2019 02:48PM
Goodreads Librari...: This topic has been closed to new comments. Please Replace Cover 6 241 Oct 29, 2017 04:03AM

• Dare Mighty Things (Dare Mighty Things #1)
  • One Giant Leap (Dare Mighty Things, #2)
  • Honor Among Thieves (The Honors, #1)
  • Honor Bound (The Honors, #2)
  • A garota do banco de trás
  • Sanctuary (Sanctuary, #1)
  • Aurora Burning (The Aurora Cycle, #2)
  • Contagion (Contagion, #1)
  • The Loneliest Girl in the Universe
  • Be Not Far from Me
  • Nyxia (The Nyxia Triad, #1)
  • The Disasters
  • Entre Porcos e Sangue
  • Nyxia Uprising (The Nyxia Triad, #3)
  • Immunity (Contagion, #2)
  • Stolen Time (Dark Stars, #1)
  • Aurora Rising (The Aurora Cycle, #1)
  • Twisted Fates (Dark Stars, #2)
Alexandra Monir, Iranian-American author and recording artist, has published five novels for young adults, including her popular debut, Timeless. A Barnes & Noble best-seller and one of Amazon’s “Best Books of the Month,” Timeless and its sequel, Timekeeper, have been featured in numerous media outlets and been published in different countries around the world. She followed the duology with Suspic ...more

The Final Six (2 books)
  • The Life Below (The Final Six, #2)