Start by marking “Lover (Survivor, #2)” as Want to Read:
Lover (Survivor, #2)

Lover

(Survivor #2)

Lover – A Survivor story

Life has not always been kind to Shannon Dupree. On the outside he’s carefree and fun loving, but when it comes to his past he’s evasive and secretive. Running away from emotionally bereft parents at just fifteen, Shannon escapes life with them but steps into the waiting arms of the devil.

Rory Landers is a rising star at the Bureau. His personal li
ebook
Published April 19th 2018 by TTC Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lover, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lover

Carra
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: beta
So first things first…Lover is the second book in this series, and I would strongly recommend you read the first book, Survivor before starting this one. While Survivor does focus on Taylor and Frank’s story, the events that occur and the characters that are introduced in that book directly shape Lover and you may find yourself lost at some points during the story if you haven’t read Survivor beforehand.

Lover centers on three of the men we met in Survivor: Shannon, Rory, and Rand. Shannon’s past
Joyfully Jay
Jun 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kris
A Joyfully Jay review.

Okay, quickly let me start by saying that this book includes talk of child abuse and domestic violence. While neither is particularly graphic, there is enough detail that it could be triggering to some people. I won’t be going into detail here, but I will say that I thought the author handled it well. Now that everyone is aware, onto the review.

This is the sequel to Survivor and while all these characters and some of their history together were introduced in that
Rachel Emily
This story takes place both before, during, and after the events of the first story, so I would definitely recommend having read Survivor before this one to familiarize yourself with the overall story and the characters, since we meet them in that story.

Lover revolves around 3 men - Shannon, who escaped from a horribly abusive relationship; Rory, an FBI agent who was working undercover in the last story; and Rand, a police officer now working on the case, too. Shannon and Rory are in a relation
SoCalBookReviews
~ 5 Stars Book & Narration ~

I really enjoy reading the stories that T.M Smith puts out, no matter how many main characters we get, whether it’s MM or MMM. They are all just fabulous, well rounded, thought out stories. With this one, I really do believe you need to read book one Survivor first or you will be a little lost and confused as to who the characters are and how they came to be at this point in the story and series. But, this book is a great addition and second installment to this fu
Barb ~rede-2-read~
ARC provided by the publisher through Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words in exchange for an impartial review.

Shannon Dupree is a survivor. He managed to escape from a brutal relationship with an older man who first treated him like a special bauble and then beat him up every time Shannon did something he didn’t like. As the story opens in 2010, Shannon has just managed a successful escape and has made his way to Texas while hiding in fear of his life from his abuser.

The early chapters of the st
Kendra T
Wow. Every time I start to read a T.M. Smith book, I remember why I love her writing so much. I find myself completely captivated by the writing and the characters, and I get anxiety when I see things about to cause them trouble. I wasn't really invested in Trevor/Rory as a character in Survivor, but I definitely felt bad for him as we got to learn more about him and his true feelings for Frank as he fell in love with Taylor. We only briefly met Shannon and Rand in Survivor, but they ended up be ...more
Happily Ever Chapter
> > Judging a Book by it's Cover < <
Collage style, with broad stroke painting effect.
Menage. Synopsis sounds like it will be every bit as good as Survivor was, if not better!

> > Looking Deeper < <
POV ~> Third-person

It amazes me, the improvements and differences that can be made between edits... normally I do not include a review of a BETA read-through but I wanted to provide others with a glimpse of how much this author takes notes into consideration to create a mu
Kimmers of Kimmers' Erotic Book Banter
Lover is a thrilling journey you don’t want to take if you haven’t yet read the first book in T.M. Smith’s A Survivor Story series. Which by the way is fantastic! For those who have read Survivor, you’re gonna love the secrets this book reveals about Taylor Langford’s parents deaths, the behind-the-scenes, as well as the build-up of more thrills that bring Detective Davis, Agent Landers and the loveable Shannon Dupree together.

Within a three year time span during the Langford investigation, Smi
Beverly Southern Babes Book Blog
Rory, Shannon and Rand...... where to start with these three. Well first off if you haven’t read Survivor you’re going to need to do you get to meet everyone from the beginning. You don’t have to but it would help understand a little more. TM Smith has just pulled me in and I never want to be let go.

Shannon, a man that has lost his way trying to move on from his past. Trying to make a better life for himself. Wants to find what his best friend has. Living life without regrets.

Rory, FBI agent t
Georgiana
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
~AUDIO REVIEW~

"They’d been dancing around each other for months"

This beautiful, emotional, heartfelt, and at times heart wrenching story revolves around three men, Shannon, Rory and Rand. Shannon and Rory are an established couple when Rand comes along. The three men have different personalities, but together they are better men.

I’ve just started getting into MMM relationships and I have to say this one was different than the few I have read/listened to in a great way. Lover is a slow dance be
Natosha Wilson
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I honestly did not think that TM Smith could make Book two better then the first but boy was I wrong. I really liked the fact that TM Smith kept with all the original characters from book one even though the main characters in book one is now supporting characters in book two. It made the book so much better because not only did we get a new story about some supporting characters from book one but we also got to check in with Frank and Taylor and got some more information about how their re ...more
Lisa1269
Apr 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
“The way each of them loved might be different, but it was no less honest or pure; it was the glue that held them together.”
I really enjoyed this book, the way Shannon, Rory and Rand came together felt so natural to me, like they were *supposed* to find each other. With the first few chapters offering readers a glimpse of the journey that brought these three men to the point where their lives intersected, I particularly liked that the introduction of Rand to the relationship wasn’t because there
Ashley Carr, LSoR
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would recommend reading the first book, Survivor, to fully understand the relationships between the characters in this story. The story was heart wrenching. Rory, Rand and Shannon have complicated pasts, but they find solace in each other. Rory and Shannon are in an exclusive relationship and Rand is on the periphery. Rory and Rand are working together on a cold case. Rand respects the relationship Rory has with Shannon, but the chemistry the developing between the three is undeniable.

This
R
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the Survivor series. To get the full understanding of the dynamics between the large cast of characters, I recommend reading Survivor first.

All the people central to this story we met in the first book. Shannon the cute blonde twink, Rory the undercover FBI agent, and Rand the cold case detective.

Everything has settled down for our characters. Shannon and Rory have started a relationship. Rand is on the outside, watching and wanting them both. Suddenly they are on the
Happily Ever Chapter
Solid Story and Strong Narration
First, I'd read this story as a beta reader. Later, I read it once it was released. Now, I've had the opportunity to listen to the narrated version. Nick J Russo manages to bring a story to life with an enunciation and pace that is an auditory delight. I did note that in one part a character name was incorrectly used but that's an editing issue. Also, there were two spots where the narrator slipped his character. Other than that, I truly enjoyed the emotions portr
Rachel
Apr 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well where to start with this. I loved it. I feel like I should leave it there really.
But I cant . I'm going to start with saying that you need to start by reading 'survivor'. The characters in 'lover' are all introduced in that book and it does help in the reading knowing the back story. Also the timelines are the same at the start of the book.
I loved the humour that was apparent from the start of this book. The relationships between the three main characters was slow to develop a lot of the bo
Laurie
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I will say from the start, you need to read book one, Survivor before reading this one. It is the start of their story. And wow, the things Shannon went through may be triggers for some. If they’re not, then this is an emotional read, well worth the rollercoaster ride you will take.

This is an incredible read. You watch the slow buildup of the relationship between the three of them. Rory and Shannon are an established couple when Rand comes along. For Rory and Shannon, there are conflicted emot
Zane Kage
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 4-5
Jessica
May 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cathy Brockman
At fifteen Shannon ran away from home into what seemed to be a loving perfect relationship to turn into a nightmarish hell he barely escapes. He and Taylor become best friends and like a second family.

Rory thought he and Frank would step up their relationship once the Landers case was solved but when it became obvious Frank and Taylor were in love it left him out. But he met Shannon and things began looking up for both of them.

Rand is fortysomething and single when he finds his longtime lover ch
SiKReviews
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
What happened to Shannon was just awful. I was so happy when he got out and started a new life. Rory is the type of agent I would want to have working on my case. When Rory meets Shan, it is love at first sight for the pair. Add on sexy Detective to the pair and you get a throuple that will fight against Shan's past.

Action, passion and true love.
Kimmers of Kimmers' Erotic Book Banter
If you’re like me and need just the right book to grab you in audio, then TM Smith’s Lover is one you don’t want to miss. In fact you should nab up the Survivor series and listen, because Nick J. Russo’s narration is the perfect marriage to Ms. Smith’s emotional words.

I rarely do the audio version once I’ve read a book, as it tends to change how I see and hear (yes I see and hear) the characters. But Nick J. Russo couldn’t be more on point with his portrayals. In fact, he heightens the experienc
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
Story: 4 Stars
Narration: 5 Stars
Overall: 4.5 Stars!

First of all, I can't stress enough that you need to read Survivor before reading Lover. Not only are there recurring characters that we met in book 1, but the series follows a certain line and you'll be lost otherwise.

Lover is told from Rory, Shannon and Rand's perspectives, and spans over several years, showing us some of the experiences that made them who they are in the present. The book focuses mostly on the case both Rand and Rory are work
Morgan  Skye
Nov 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio, reviewed, 2018
I definitely enjoy this series. I thought book 1 was amazing and really heart wrenching at times. This had some of that same emotional pull but didn’t feel as tightly presented as book 1.

I’m not always a big fan of ménage and it has to be done right for me to enjoy it versus think it’s ok as far as the romance goes. For me – the chemistry and the hurt/comfort was right on target for this throuple – however, I didn’t always feel they were equal partners and that Rand sort of felt like a addition
ButtonsMom2003
Jun 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook review:
Story - 5 stars
Performance - 5 stars

Nick J. Russo's narration was great. His voice is soothing to listen to and he gives each character a unique voice.

As I'm writing this review, I realize that if I say anything too much about this story it will create spoilers for Survivor. So, fair warning – If you haven't read Survivor you might want to stop reading here.

We met Shannon, Rory and Rand in Survivor. Shannon is Taylor's best friend; Rory was an undercover FBI agent and Rand a Col
Shannon Tolen
After how much I enjoyed the first book of the series, I was worried that I would be disappointed with the second book of the series. I was NOT! This series got even better with this book!
You first meet Shannon, Rand and Rory in the previous book. Rand is a police officer that worked on Taylor's parent's murders (in Survivor), Rory is the FBI agent sent to follow Frank and Shannon is a former lover of Taylor. Shannon and Rory meet and begin dating while Rory and Rand are working together to sol
Esther Alayeto
Jul 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The beginning of this story overlaps somewhat with the first book of the series, Survivor, but focusing on three characters that were introduced in that one, Shannon, Rory, and Rand. We learn so much more about these characters and get to watch them come together. First, Shannon and Rory as a couple are spectacular but when they finally admit their feelings for Rand it takes it to a completely different level, it's just so special. More than anything I love watching Shannon get his HEA after eve ...more
Dixiecowgirl
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Rory, Shannon, and Rand are fantastic together. Watching the love grow between these men was amazing! Lots of slow burn and development for the threesome which i really appreciated.

I loved the plot, the action and trying to find the bad guy was well done and kept me reading from cover to cover! I really enjoyed the flow of the writing and like how this author develops the characters and sets up the scenes with such precision and care. Terrific read!!

I was gifted this book from the author and i
Laura ~Passion flower
Jul 29, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: mm-romance

Lover (Survivor, #2) was graciously provided to me by the author for an honest review. I will voluntarily read this book and provide my honest opinion. Review to follow.
Dennis
Jun 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lover

Loved the characters and the story was wonderful. Full of love and sex and romance with a hint of drama.
TM Smith
Author bio and links:

A military brat born and raised at Ft. Benning Georgia; TM Smith is an avid reader, reviewer and writer. A Texas transplant, she now calls DFW her home. Most days she can be found curled up with a good book, or ticking away on her next novel.

Smith is a single mom of three disturbingly outspoken and decidedly different kids, one of which is Autistic. Besides her writin

Survivor (3 books)
  • Survivor (Survivor, #1)
  • Fighter (Survivor #3)