Start by marking “Buddhism for the Unbelievably Busy” as Want to Read:
Buddhism for the Unbelievably Busy

Buddhism for the Unbelievably Busy

Dear Reader – This is not a book about coping with unbelievable busyness. It’s a book about making it stop.

What if I told you that a lot of what keeps you unbelievably busy is not only pointless, but avoidable, nonsensical and entirely driven by your own fears, insecurities and ego? You’d probably want to slap me, if you could find the time, right?

Don’t worry, I was once j
Published November 27th 2017 by Nero

To ask other readers questions about Buddhism for the Unbelievably Busy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buddhism for the Unbelievably Busy

Start your review of Buddhism for the Unbelievably Busy
Josephine Moon
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this so much! It has challenged me and already helped me to start making changes. Meshel is witty, compassionate, unflinching in her criticism of herself and inspiring. I’m so grateful to have read it. Highly recommend.
Taryn
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Insightful
Practical
Funny
Carly Findlay
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read Buddhism for the Unbelievably Busy on my flight back from Hobart. It's so well written - funny and relatable, with some good advice. I love how Meshel has included so many anecdotes from her own life as well as case studies about other busy people.

She writes warmly, it's funny and practical. It's not ever preachy.

While my life isn't anywhere near as busy as Meshel's, I've felt like I've been on a hamster wheel of busyness for the last two years - really struggling to get business admin
Jan 17, 2020 rated it liked it
Read this due to being a massive Meshel fan after listening to her podcast The Nitty Gritty Committee. Loved her voice on that program, was very sad for it to end!

For me, this book contained many home truths that resonate with me, but that I often fail to practice due to overwhelm etc blah blah blah. Being constantly reminded is important! and I am glad I read this book for that reason, and I also loved Meshel's honesty here in writing about her own experiences.

If I'm being honest though, I didn
Emma Balkin
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-books
This book was refreshingly honest about how Meshel Laurie found herself to be a workaholic. Her insights are candid and interesting. While the Buddhist philosophy didn’t really appeal to me, I found the ideas to be quite useful. A book with alliteration in the title, a book about mental health, a book about a problem facing society today.
Vanessa
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am a huge fan of Meshel Laurie’s work. This book is an interesting way to learn about Buddhism through Meshel’s own life. She is also a brilliant narrator of her own life. I did really enjoy it.

I was looking more for a book to help teach me about the basic principles of Buddhism and how I can apply them - which is what I thought this book was about.
Jackie
Jun 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. I laughed and cried, was challenged, poked and prodded into thinking about life. How you live it, how you cope with challenges, mindfullness, meditation, all the good stuff and the gritty stuff as well.
Nicole Maree Foster
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful enlightening read that challenges and encourages you to reflect on the contents of your life.
Victoria
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny, pithy and highly relevant book for this over busy working mum. Gave me serious kick up the pants and a refreshing take on Buddhist basics. A surprising gem.
Justine Puls-welsh
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Life changing. I recommend extremely highly! Loved it. Will be rereading many times.
Charmaine Mirigliani
May 19, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Your Own Kind of Girl
  • 488 Rules for Life
  • Phosphorescence: On Awe, Wonder and Things That Sustain You When the World Goes Dark
  • The Mummy Bloggers
  • Too Much Lip
  • The Fast 800: How to Combine Rapid Weight Loss and Intermittent Fasting for Long-Term Health
  • How to Be Second Best
  • Boy Swallows Universe
  • Fight Like A Girl
  • The Coconut Children
  • 5 Ingredients 10 Minutes: A Vegan Handbook to Quick and Easy Nutritious Meals: (Vegetarian, Vegan Cookbook, Vegan Recipes, Vegan Slow Cooker, Raw Vegan, Dairy Free)
  • Grown Ups
  • The Happiest Refugee
  • The Ex Girlfriend
  • See You In September
  • Taboo
  • Riders (Rutshire Chronicles, #1)
  • The Man Who Made Husbands Jealous (Rutshire Chronicles, #4)
Meshel Laurie is a comedian presently on air (Nova) in Melbourne. You'd have seen her on television on Can of Worms, Spicks and Specks and GNW; she was a regular on Rove and the Circle. She also writes for Mamamia and is highly active on Twitter, where she has over 50,000 followers.

Meshel has been a stand-up comedian since 1994, and appeared in fourteen Melbourne International Comedy Festivals, th