Start by marking “Buddhism for the Unbelievably Busy” as Want to Read:
Buddhism for the Unbelievably Busy

Buddhism for the Unbelievably Busy

Dear Reader – This is not a book about coping with unbelievable busyness. It’s a book about making it stop.

What if I told you that a lot of what keeps you unbelievably busy is not only pointless, but avoidable, nonsensical and entirely driven by your own fears, insecurities and ego? You’d probably want to slap me, if you could find the time, right?

Don’t worry, I was once j
Published November 27th 2017 by Nero

To ask other readers questions about Buddhism for the Unbelievably Busy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Buddhism for the Unbelievably Busy

Josephine Moon
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this so much! It has challenged me and already helped me to start making changes. Meshel is witty, compassionate, unflinching in her criticism of herself and inspiring. I’m so grateful to have read it. Highly recommend.
Taryn
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Insightful
Practical
Funny
Carly Findlay
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read Buddhism for the Unbelievably Busy on my flight back from Hobart. It's so well written - funny and relatable, with some good advice. I love how Meshel has included so many anecdotes from her own life as well as case studies about other busy people.

She writes warmly, it's funny and practical. It's not ever preachy.

While my life isn't anywhere near as busy as Meshel's, I've felt like I've been on a hamster wheel of busyness for the last two years - really struggling to get business admin
Emma Balkin
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-books
This book was refreshingly honest about how Meshel Laurie found herself to be a workaholic. Her insights are candid and interesting. While the Buddhist philosophy didn’t really appeal to me, I found the ideas to be quite useful. A book with alliteration in the title, a book about mental health, a book about a problem facing society today.
Vanessa
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
I am a huge fan of Meshel Laurie’s work. This book is an interesting way to learn about Buddhism through Meshel’s own life. She is also a brilliant narrator of her own life. I did really enjoy it.

I was looking more for a book to help teach me about the basic principles of Buddhism and how I can apply them - which is what I thought this book was about.
Nicole Foster
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful enlightening read that challenges and encourages you to reflect on the contents of your life.
Victoria
Jan 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Funny, pithy and highly relevant book for this over busy working mum. Gave me serious kick up the pants and a refreshing take on Buddhist basics. A surprising gem.
Justine Puls-welsh
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Life changing. I recommend extremely highly! Loved it. Will be rereading many times.
Morgan Charis
Alexis Ramage
Sep 09, 2018
Angela
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very relatable, insightful & funny. Enjoyed reading this.
miss eloise j cotton
Dec 09, 2018
Abby Sewell
Feb 24, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Meshel Laurie is a comedian presently on air (Nova) in Melbourne. You'd have seen her on television on Can of Worms, Spicks and Specks and GNW; she was a regular on Rove and the Circle. She also writes for Mamamia and is highly active on Twitter, where she has over 50,000 followers.

Meshel has been a stand-up comedian since 1994, and appeared in fourteen Melbourne International Comedy Festivals, th