Start by marking “The D-Man” as Want to Read:
The D-Man

The D-Man

(Redtails Hockey #6)

Opposites attract…and ignite.

On the ice, Justin Perry is always in control. As one of the Reading Redtails’ best defensemen, he plays with an intense focus and skates like he was born on blades. Off the ice, he’s content to keep his head down and his eyes on the prize: a spot on an NHL team. Except when Vivi Martin’s around. She’s bright, bold and beautiful and Justin can
ebook
Published January 14th 2019 by Moonlit Night Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The D-Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The D-Man

Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
I’M VERY LUCKY TO HAVE A GREAT START TO THE New Year it’s seems I’ve had the pleasure to enjoy every book I’ve read so far, and this book was so different.
I love sports romances, but this was different where our hero Justin comes across shy and reserved toward Vivi the waitress his has pining after for a while but is nervous about asking her out.

Vivi has sworn of men and her ex left a nasty taste in her mouth, but when Justin a Redtails Defense-men as
Christine
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The D-Man by Stephanie Julian is a sweet love story between Justin, Redtails defense man, and Vivi, a free spirit artist. I loved the chemistry between these two and how shy/old school Justin was at the beginning of the story. Let me tell you when these two finally connect it will scorch your kindle. I couldn't put this story down and read it in one sitting because I needed to know how these two end. To me this felt like one of the most realistic hockey romances with down to earth characters. I ...more
Sassy Southern
Justin knows control and lives by it as much as possible, personally and professionally. That focus serves him well on the ice as a defenseman, off it he tends to keep his head down, his focus still on his job. Only one thing, or should I say woman, breaks that concentration...Vivi.

Vivi isn't immune to Justin's looks nor charm, though she pretends to be. See, her ex was an athlete too and it soured her on having a relationship with another...ever. Besides, working three jobs leaves little time f
Jennifer Pierson
Jan 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Stephanie Julian is a new to me author, so The D-Man is the first book that I've read by her, and I enjoyed it. Justin Perry is one of the Reading Redtails' best defensemen, but when it comes to women, he's not as sure about himself. He's not a playboy like his teammates, and he's a bit clumsy all the way around, nothing like he is on the ice. Justin has has a thing for Vivi Martin for a bit, but he's never really been able to talk to her. Vivi has noticed Justin's interest in her, but she's gun ...more
Kelly
Shelves: books-2-blog
Sweet, funny and steamy

My first read by this author was The Playboy (like this book, it’s part of the Redtails Hockey series), which I read in the Hockey Holidays anthology. I loved it—it was one of my favorite stories in the anthology—and I immediately added the series to my TBR, so when I saw this new book coming out, I jumped at the chance to read it.

Justin and Vivi are classic opposites attracting. Justin is quiet, an all around nice guy (so nice to get a hero who is actually a decent guy f
2kasmom
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is book #6, in the Redtails Hockey series. This story can be read as a standalone novel. For read understanding and to avoid spoilers, I recommend reading this series in order.

Justin is getting ribbed by his friends about watching Vivi when she is near. It is true he is interested. When you are tongue tied, when do you make your move?

Vivi does not usually go out with good guys. Commitment gives her hives. Justin is so different from what she is used to. He treats her like a man should treat
Jackie Wright
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The D-Man may be the first book I have read in the Redtails Hockey Series but it won’t be the last because I loved everything about this book.
Justin Perry is a man in control both on the ice and off, he knows what he wants and that’s a spot on a NFL team he has no time for romance or a woman except when ViviMartin is around ...
Vivi Martin is beautiful bold and very bright and she is not immune to Justin’s awkward charm or his fabulous grin but falling for yet another athlete is not in her game
Gladys
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was blindsided by how much I enjoyed this romance. This is a new author to me and it is book six in a series, so I had some reservations when I started. All those were very quickly laid to rest as I read Justin and Vivi's story. An opposites attract romance that provides readers with loveable characters and a story that is loaded with deep emotions. I loved the balance that was brought to this book by having both characters have emotional baggage and be wounded from having been burned by love ...more
Gwen Shafer
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First book I have read by Stephanie definitely won't be the last. This is the first one I read in this series and it was enjoyable. Opposites do attract. Justin is a hockey player who got hurt badly by his ex. All he wants to do is start over and play hockey. Viv keeps to herself and got hurt by her ex. She really doesn't want to try again but really likes Justin. Will these two get together or will the past come between them when Justin does something to help her? Love the chemistry and the ama ...more
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
5 STAR Review by Jodi for Ruby Red Romance Review

I've had the pleasure of reading a couple of Stephanie's books now. I must say, every time I read a new story I fall further in love with her writing. I'm a sports romance junkie anyway, so The D-Man was right up my alley.

Justin is shy and focused on his dream. but Vivi might make him step outside his comfort zone. She might make him want other things. Vivi loves her photography and she loves the idea of having a man that supports her. But when Ju
Renee Entress
4 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, secrets, and heartbreak.

If you have not read the below I would recommend reading those books(s) first
The Brick Wall (Redtails Hockey, #1)
The Grinder (Redtails Hockey Book 2)
The Enforcer (Redtails Hockey Book 3)
The Instigator: Redtails Hockey

This is Vivi and Justin‘s story. Vivi is working three jobs to support herself and not interested in dating a athlete. Justin is all about control on the ice but off the ice he just keeps his he
Isha Coleman
Jan 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
The D-Man (Redtails Hockey #6) by Stephanie Julian

Julian proves that brash and sexy is not exclusive to males. Vivi is a hot mama who doesn't sit back and watch from the sides. She makes things happen. We need more women like her in the world. The D-Man dares to be bold on and off the ice. Justin is the spark to Vivi's match and the sparks are epic. An explosion of sensuality and heart makes for a tantalizing experience.
Christina Montminy
Loved it. This series just keeps getting better and better with each new book. I enjoyed the slow passion between Justin & Vivi. I also enjoyed how shy Justin was around her until they started getting to know each other & then he showed us who he really was. I felt bad about the insecurities that Vivi had when coming to trying to figure out what she wanted from life because of an ex boyfriend. In the end we get a feel good addition to a wonderful series.
Lauren
Jan 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by this author and it didn't disappoint. Justin is super likeable and down right adorable and Vivi is the perfect amount of spunk and ambition but she's holding herself back. These two are down right adorable together and they definitely have the heat. I love that all of there friends want them together and push it and I love that when she pushes him away his brother is the one who gets her thinking. Really enjoyed this book!!!
Diane Lynch
Jan 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, hockey-romance
Stephanie Julian scores with THE D-MAN. Reading Redtails’ defenseman Justin Perry has had a crush on Vivi Martin for a long time. Vivi had a bad break up with an athlete and refuses to put herself in that situation again. However, she is intrigued by his tattoos and begins to get to know him better. Justin is nothing like her ex.

I like Justin and Vivi. Justin is on the shy side. He is quiet and kind. He has high moral standards. Vivi is artistic and bold. She is hard working and sociable. They d
RMC
Jan 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Enjoyable addition to the Redtails Hockey series. A quick read with strongly written characters. Vivi and Justin has undeniable chemistry. Loved Justin from the start. Didn’t really connect with Vivi until the end when she stopped her excuses and overcame her insecurities.

I voluntarily reviewed an ARC.
Amy Stephens
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm all about a great hockey story, as it's become one of my favorite sports romances to read!

Stephanie Julian is a new author to me, and I must say, she's won me over as a fan. Sometimes I struggle starting in the middle of a series, reading about characters I'm not familiar with, but the author did a pretty good job keeping everyone straight. In fact, I was so intrigued by the other characters, I cant' wait to read more about them.

And though the story itself was a little short, I found that I
Chris
Jan 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
The D-Man is definitely a hot hockey romance with a sweet storyline and flawed characters. That quality simply makes them more endearing.
Jess is strong and independent but is weighted down with so many insecurities from her past relationship that it takes a while for Justin to break down her barriers and for her to stop comparing him to her ex.
Justin is a big, strong hockey player yet he is shy, sweet, patient and almost old fashion in his way with Jess. He wants more than just a quick fling a
Emily Utsch
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have a new book boyfriend!
This was the first book I have read by this author. It is in a series but could be read as a standalone. I am sure I would have gotten more out of the secondary characters if I had read the previous books, but I didn't miss out on the main love story. I am going to go back and read all of the books in the series cause I love it! Hockey romance is my jam.
I loved that the H was such a throw back to old school values, just made my heart melt. And I loved the h, she was s
Jackie Ziegler
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Justin is the shy quiet defensemen who has his eye on the going Vivi. When they finally get to talking and learning about each other he finds that Vivi is an amazing photographer and that she really should pursue this dream. Will one misunderstanding be the end for this dynamic pair

Justin is just everything Vivi wants but is the total opposite of her. He is focused on his dream and wants her to focus on hers but when she feels like he is trying to tell her what to do with her life will she run?

L
Tara Peters
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Justin stole my heart from the beginning and didn't give it back. He has been attracted to Vivi for awhile, but doesn't believe she will give him a chance. He is always awkward around her. Vivi finds Justin attractive, but not her type. Even her sister tells her maybe she needs to give Justin a chance.
As they start spending more time together they both start developing feelings for the other. Neither has been happier, but she is skittish due to a previous relationship. When he does something she
Kari Hansen
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
On the ice Justin is an accomplished defenceman for the Reading Redtails’ full of swagger and confidence but when it comes to a certain waitress, he is tongue tied and unsure. He has been trying to work up the courage to ask her out, but she takes matters into her own hands.

Vivi is working three jobs as she tries to find a way to make her dream job a reality. She isn’t interested in dating athletes but from the moment she met Justin she knew there was much more to him than that.

Justin and Vivi b
Downward dog
Jan 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the sixth book in the Redtails Hockey series and it is a sweet, feel good story. Justin, a shy hockey player, stole my heart. Justin has had a crush on Vivi for a while but doesn't have the confidence to ask her out on a date.

Vivi has always been attracted to bad boys and Justin is too sweet and nice for her. Plus, Justin is an athlete and Vivi doesn’t date athletes. Even though Justine is not Vivi’s type, there is something about him that she can’t resist. I liked Justin and Vivi and wa
Cindy Hughes
Sweet Sexy Funny!

This was the first book by this author that I’ve read and it won’t be the last!
I love hockey romance and this one was great! This story is a classic opposites attract romance. It was a sweet, funny, steamy and sexy story! It has wonderful characters and a great storyline! I loved the interaction between Justin and Vivid and their amazing chemistry! After reading The D Man lm going to read the rest of the series! I highly recommend this book to everyone!
Chris
This is my second book by this author and first that I've read in the Redtails Hockey series. I was immediately hooked. While Justin's cluelessness and shyness were endearing, I think it definitely hurt his budding relationship with Vivi. I'm really glad Vivi gave him a chance. I can't wait to read the rest of the series!
Heather andrews
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Justin is often times confused, I guess I would say, " she wanted to see his ink?" Justin doesn't mind giving his girl free reign, "his smile disappeared but the heat in his gaze burned hotter. “It wouldn’t matter if I did. You can touch me wherever you want.” I liked thia book, I loved Justin.
Kelly Graham
Jan 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the first time i've read anything by this author I did finish the book within a night as not mega long but to be honest it made me realise that I prefer books written from the characters point of view more than third person.
I'm usually a fan of the slow burn romance but dont think I was that fussed about the actual characters in this book.
In the beginning of the book Vivi comes across as a fiesty character with a sharp tongue but alot of that disappeared when she was with justin there wa
Patti Correa
Jan 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yet again, blown away, another new author to my list! Love this series and the guys on the Redtails!!! The struggle is real people, when the hot hockey guy cannot come up with words to even speak to the crush of his life, you know this is going to be good. Such a great story, I did not have to read all of the other books to understand the series, did not get confused by the other characters. Cannot wait to go back and read them all... :)
Angel
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, mf
I loved-loved-loved Justin. His crush on Vivi was adorable in the beginning. And, once they got together, they had great chemistry. Great storytelling!
Leah Dynes
Jan 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This book was a quick, ok read. Justin is a hockey player, but not the usual cocky, trying to get with all the girls one. Viv is working three jobs, fighting against her parents to get a “normal” adult job. When they meet, neither is sure about the others interest. But once they get to know each other, they realize their off the charts chemistry.

The story was decent for this book, but there was a lot of the same internal back and forth with the characters, which led me to skim some parts.
Stephanie Julian writes sultry romance for adventurous readers.

She is the author of the best-selling Salon Games and Indecent series. INVITE ME IN (previously published as BY PRIVATE INVITATION) was an RT Magazine Top Pick. AN INDECENT PROPOSITION was named by BookBub as one of the 20 Best Erotic Books.

Stephanie is happily married to a Springsteen fanatic and the mother of two hairy sons.

Find out

Redtails Hockey (7 books)
  • The Brick Wall (Redtails Hockey, #1)
  • The Grinder (Redtails Hockey Book 2)
  • The Enforcer: Redtails Hockey