Start by marking “Almost (Iron Orchids, #2)” as Want to Read:
Almost  (Iron Orchids, #2)

Almost

(Iron Orchids #2)

Some people are unforgettable.
Like, the first sheriff that pulled you over for speeding.
The first person to kiss you senseless on the hood of a car.
And, the first guy to make you orgasm.
But, when all of those things are from the same man; let’s just say unforgettable doesn’t even come close.

I wonder if he ever thinks about me and everything we ALMOST had.
~~~
Oh, he remember
Published January 4th 2018 by F Squared

To ask other readers questions about Almost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Almost

Eve (Between The Bookends)

description
descriptionI LOVED the first book in this series so I was super excited to get my hands on this one! Alas, it didn't quite live up to my expectations. Don't get me wrong it wasn't a bad book by any stretch. I still enjoyed it overall and will continue with the series. But there were just a bunch of little things (and one big thing) that over the course of the book annoyed me and therefore I disconnected from both the couple and the story itself.

description

So I found this one to be just as well written as book one.
Kate's Corner
3 'Well the whole book was rather convenient don't ya think?' Stars.

My believability muscle nearly snapped on this one.

I’m not entirely sure how to rate this book. I like the author's style but it was all too smooth. But the author sure does know how to keep you entertained. But if you look closely and past the entertainment factor there are I’m afraid to say some things that don’t make sense
After reading the prologue which I thought was completely unnecessary. I was wondering how it was relev
Nicole
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Almost is the second book in the Iron Orchids series, this time the story of Carter and Sophie. I should say that I read the first book and was immediately looking for this one, so I am glad it is here. Almost features some of the same characters as Enough (Stella, Ariel) with the same wit and humor. One of the things I love most about this series is that it feels like real life. No one is perfect, "In my mind, I wanted this moment to be like An Officer and A Gentleman when Richard Gere strode i ...more
The Book Bee
Jan 11, 2018 added it
Shelves: dnf
Again.....another DNF book for me this year. :(

When I read a new author, I want their words to carry me through the story and I don’t like finding myself forcing myself not to skim because it’s wordy and there is no focus. She needed to focus more on their story and less on outside characters.

I also cannot stand drama being made INTO drama, for the sake of drama. The two big "secrets" that each main character had were awful. Eye-rolling awful. We don’t hide that we are a breast cancer surviv
Liz
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Almost by Danielle Norman is my first read by this author and second book in her Iron Orchids series. This is a second chance romance and can be read as a standalone.

In this story we get Carter and Sophie’s story. They are reunited after ten years apart and find the attraction is still there. Their chemistry is off the charts. But a lot changes in ten years and both hide secrets. Their journey is not an easy one, but it is not overly angst filled either.

This was an enjoyable story that had gre
Sara Oxton
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Almost by Danielle Norman a fabulous four-star read. This is the second book in the Iron Orchids series but they can be read as stand-alone. The secondary characters in this book really make it, they are brilliant. Sophia and Carter have a great relationship and it faces many challenges but it also has some amazing comedic value, there are some great one liners in the story, but there is also a depth and passion as well. Overall a great story.
Isha Coleman
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
Almost is small town to the core. It's sweet, heartbreaking and bigger than the pages it's written on. Sophie and Carter took readers on a road trip through first love, missed chances and new beginnings. Ms. Norman tempts readers with angst, seduces them with love and even adds in a few wise life lessons with some heartwarming moments. This is a story too precious to walk away from.
Jacinta
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another 5 star story from Danielle Norman.

I just loved this!
I stayed up way too late because I couldn't put it down.
Sophie and Carter's journey will hit right in the feels. It's heartbreaking, sexy, funny and beautiful.

This is a well written story that flows wonderfully.

I think I loved this more than I did Enough and I freaking love that book!

You definitely need to read this book!

*I voluntarily chose to review an advanced copy of this book.*
Alexis Krobatsch
"Ten years ago you sped into my life and, Sophie, you've never left" is one of my favorite lines in Almost, the second Iron Orchids story. Carter and Sophie reunite after a decade apart, and the sparks fly between them. There is no denying that they are still very much attracted to each other but they both have secrets that could destroy a "happily ever after." When all the cards are on the table only real love can surpass the obstacles.
With the same wonderful wit and humor in Enough, Almost in
Libby Harrison
What gives him the right to be angry with her when he was the one who kept secrets from her and just expected her to forgive him!!

Franci Neill
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
5 The Second Chance Neither of Them Saw Coming

I absolutely love second chance books and for me this one has now moved into my top favorites of second chances. Sophie and Carter are a couple that were torn apart ten years ago only Carter had no idea why. And as tormented as he was, he continued life with a new outlook on life and love....
"I had a motto: girls were like dessert. You savored dessert, you made room for dessert, but did not eat the same dessert every night for the rest of your li
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
I’m still trying to think of enough words to express how much I love this book. Absolutely captivating, it had me hooked right from the prologue. I devoured every page in just a few hours because I simply could not stop reading. An emotional ride bursting with all the feels, Almost sent me through a wide range of everything from laughing, crying, and throughly melting at times from the sheer beauty of the love between Carter and Sophie. This is a second chance love you do not want to miss!

Carter
Brandy Roberts
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Almost was an enjoyable read I did get a little frustrated with both hero and heroine at times but over all this was a good story with interesting characters . This would also be the first book I've read by Danielle Norman and it wont be my last . The blurb is what drew me in including the cover it did take me some time to connect with the story itself along with the characters .
copy provided for honest review
****************************************
hero=7 heroine= 7 secondary characters=7 Chem
Konny
Dec 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Almost by Danielle Norman is the second book in the Iron Orchids Series. Every book can easily be readas a standalone. Book one, Enough, is Ariel and Kaysons story and well meet them again in Almost.
This is Sophie and Carters book. Sophie - Sophia Kostas - is a successful writer of childrens books. 10 years ago she left her hometown, but now shes back in Orlando and with her big greek family.
Carter Lang works in law enforcement. Many years ago he pulled Sophie over for speeding. And she left him
Amber Goodwin
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm a sucker for second chance romance books and this one did not disappoint.

Sophie had to leave 10 years ago. She never forgot about the one who stole her heart. Can she take seeing him again 10 years later?

Carter has tried for 10 years to get over the one that got away. When she areives back in town can they pick up where they left off? Will they be able to get past the hurt?

This book had twists and turns I didn't see coming. This was great book!
Lisa Guertin
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There’s nothing “Almost” about this book. It’s totally awesome!

I thoroughly enjoyed book one of this series, Enough, but this book reached out grabbed my heart, threw it on the ground, stomped it with biker boots, may have run over it a couple of times, then picked it up, rinsed it off, wrapped it with love and handed it back. Sophie and Carter are such fully developed characters. Carter’s birthday present will have you laughing out loud so be careful where you’re reading.
JJ The Book Boss
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I listened to this book on Audio (through Audible) and was COMPLETELY blown away!! Wonderful story, full of angst and who the heck doesn’t LOVE a second chance romance?

Can’t wait for book 3 :-)

Ps.
Stella Bloom (of the Rock Chick audiobooks by Kristen Ashley) and Jonathan Ash narrate this and I can’t say enough about what a FANTASTIC job they did! Bravo 💜❤💙💚
Dawn Black
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After reading Danielle Norman's debut book, Enough, and loving it, I knew i was going to love the second book in her Iron Orchid's series, Almost. I just didn't realize how much this book was going to hit me in the heart and how much it was going to move me.

You know the saying 'If it's too good to be true, it probably is?' That saying fits a small part of this story. The second chance Carter and Sophie have, it goes too smoothly, you just know that something is going to come along and mess it u
Maddy's Reading
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs, law-enforsement
A second chance romance, the book was a nice addition to the iron orchids series. The couple were very sweet and you could feel right from the beginning that they were just meant to be together.
I somehow still felt that enough was better though this story kept me intrigued enough.
ARC generously provided by the author in exchange of an honest review
Skylar
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
3.5
There were some pretty unbelievable choices from both MCs. I'm all for creative license. I said, "F*ck it" and kept right on reading. I was about to DNF this puppy when the H's moronic decision suddenly became sweet and beautiful. I'm gonna keep on with this series.
Jenessa
Dec 20, 2017 rated it liked it
It is 1:20 in the morning on December 20th, I just finished Almost. I started it during my down time at work yesterday and couldn't wait to finish it! I liked that this book can be a "stand alone" book or be read as the second in the Iron Orchid series. Carter is the hero, and while he is definitely that, I felt he came on too strong and needed to back down a bit. Sophia is the heroine and her character came off as an independent woman that also seemed lonely. I loved their romance though, Carte ...more
Susan
May 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved Sophie & Carter’s story. Heartbreaking and heartwarming all wrapped up with a happily ever after!
Christiann Igou
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-2018
Becky Wise
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love love second chance romances. Almost is an incredible second chance romance. I defiantly had tears streaming down my face at one point. Almost is so so good. You get a little taste of Carter in Enough. Let me tell you in this one oh boy do you swoon for him. He can pull me over anytime. Sophie how my heart ached for her. Once you hear her story you just want to squeeze her tight. What is awesome about Almost is you get a little bit of everyone you meet in book one Enough. Be prepared for s ...more
Yvonne V (Naughty Professora)
Poof!

Carter meets Sophie when she's entirely too young for him. He's a cop that pulls over this little speedster, and continues to do so until her 18th birthday when he pulls her out of her car and makes her his. Turns out, that lasted only one night.

Sophie disappears, only to return ten years later. She has a good reason for being gone, and Carter is determined to find out what it is, and to not let her go again.

This pulled me out of my book funk! This was heartbreaking, hopeful, and hilariou
Tania's Book Blog
Dec 25, 2017 rated it liked it
It wasn’t bad but I just couldn’t connect or get involved in it. Sophie held on to a secret that I thought was extremely bad since it was dragged out. Don’t get wrong it was bad but not for it to be dragged out so long. At first I was a bit confused because of how the book started with Carter in the past but then towards the ending it adds up. Carter was determined to win back Sophie after 10 years regardless.

The secondary characters weren’t bad and overall it wasn’t bad but I just couldn’t conn
Chris
Normally I love second chance romance stories and that's what reeled me in with the book blurb. Unfortunately this fell kinda flat for me.
I never really "got it" as to why their relationship was so special. They go from not talking and ignoring each other to going to bed together. Again, not usually a problem, but it just didn't fit.
The other thing about this story that I didn't get was the Iron Orchids themselves. Why would you invite women to join your club that don't own and have never ridde
-  Michelle Claypot_Reads
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars for me

This story was engaging and the characters were very likeable. Carter and Sophie were in love as teenagers but haven't seen each other in a decade and both have secrets they are keeping. Throw in a major plot twist plus great chemistry and fun supporting characters and you have an easy read.

I received an ARC of this book.
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)
I jumped in feet first with this book since I only recently discovered Danielle Norman and I was beyond intrigued with the books blurb and cover art...I mean come'on that's an intense and beautiful image for sure. Therefore I skipped book one in this series and started with book two. Readers will love this sweet and easy romance that isn't overly angsty and offers plenty of sizzle and a few plot twist that aren't expected.

In Almost, we meet Sophie, a woman who fell in love 10 years ago with the
Beth
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have read both book 1 & 2 in this series, for some reason I felt I connected with these characters and felt more in tune with these words more than the 1st book?? (I see I differ in opinions, more than a lot of folks out there??! odd?) Wish I could explain it more, I couldn't put it down. Such a fan of Danielle's writing. She just has a way with words. 2nd chance romance. I love Sophie, love the name, maybe that is part of the reason why I am pulled in ..a bit of the cover too. that cover ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• A Marriage Resolution (Protectors #3)
  • Final Reckoning
  • Double Cross (Doubleback Book 3)
  • Abandoned Heart
  • The Complete Nectar Trilogy (Nectar, #1-3)
  • Blame it on Romeo (Beach Read #2)
  • Uneven (Hooked, #2)
  • Rock Gods of Romance Boxed Set
  • Relentless Pursuit (Private Protectors, #5)
  • Blackout
  • Burned
  • The Silver Cross (Vampire Nightlife, #1)
  • That One Time
  • Blackness Within (The Blackness, #5)
  • Montana Destiny
  • Don't Ask
  • His Hunger (The Hunter Brothers Book 3)
  • Take Me If You Can (ARTemis, Inc. #1)
Before becoming a romance writer, Danielle was a body double for Heidi Klum and a backup singer for Adele. Now, she spends her days trying to play keep away from Theo James who won’t stop calling her or asking her out.
And all of this happens before she wakes up and faces reality where in fact she is a 50 something mom with grown kids, she's been married longer than Theo’s been alive, and now get

Iron Orchids (6 books)
  • Enough  (Iron Orchids, #1)
  • Impact (Iron Orchids, #3)
  • Often (Iron Orchids, #4)
  • Until (Iron Orchids, #5)
  • Under The Stars (Iron Orchids Book 6)