Start by marking “The Spitting Post” as Want to Read:
The Spitting Post

The Spitting Post

Vincent Carpenter’s life is a wreck. He has given up his dreams. He has lost his job after an economic disaster. His ten-year marriage is crumbling. Then he awakens in a maniacal land of frighteningly vivid realism with skull trees, glowing forests, ravenous beasts, and other psychologically haunting adversity.

While traveling through this demented unearthly world, he has
Published December 8th 2017 by The Wild Rose Press

To ask other readers questions about The Spitting Post, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Spitting Post

Start your review of The Spitting Post
Janet Robel
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I'm giving this five stars for originality. Compelling from the first page. This is told from a first person viewpoint. I was completely surprised and immensely pleased at how good this is. After reading the blurb, I was intrigued. When starting to read about Vincent Carpenter, you get pulled in at the beginning. There's this need to know more in this strange fantasy world with a medley of even stranger characters throughout.

Vincent is on a quest to find The Green Maiden, and so his adventure b
C.B. Calsing
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love stories which are reminiscent of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, where a hero or heroine is whisked off to another land and you're not entirely sure whether what's happening is a hallucination, coma dream, or reality.

While not a children's book, Jason R. Barden's The Spitting Post is firmly rooted in that tradition. Our main character (or so we are led to believe) is in a car accident and wakes up in another world. He then embarks on a quest to find the lo
JustLoveBooks
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"Find me at the spitting post. The Purple Swan knows the way."

This cryptic instruction probably sums up the mysterious and intriguing nature on everything about The Spitting Post - from the title itself to each of the sections in the book. Yet thru it all this, I find the book quite an entertaining read. I can't help but wonder if ever The Spitting Post were to be made into a movie, it may even turn out to be a blockbuster!

The story focuses on Vincent who, after getting into an accident, starts
Debbie Littley
Jul 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a brilliantly creative psychedelic mind fuck of a book, bonkers crazy but bonkers brilliant!

Vincent has fallen down the proverbial rabbit hole and woken up in Oz. Yes, I know that that is two different movies but this is like an adult version of Alice in Wonderland, Wizard of Oz and Pan’s Labyrinth. I would sell my soul to the devil for Tim Burton to turn this into a movie! It is certainly original and I can safely say, hand on heart, I have never read anything quite like it before!

Vincents
Leslie OBrien
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Vincent Carpenter isn’t having a good day. It’s the weekend and he forgot to turn off his alarm. When he rolls out of bed, he’s surprised to see that his wife, Erika, isn’t there. When he does find her, he mentions the dinner reservations he’d made for their tenth anniversary but she doesn’t want to go. What follows is a slow trip down a rabbit hole to the land of the mundane.

Until it isn’t.

Suddenly, he awakens in a strange world where nothing is normal. From the glowing forests to the skull tre
GothicMom'S Reviewers
Feb 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: janet

Vincent is on a quest to find The Green Maiden, and so his adventure be
C. Gonzales
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, horror
How gorgeous is the woman on this cover. I love the vibrancy of the colors on the cover and you know what, that completely translated in the writing. The authors writing is so vivid.

This is the epitome of a unique read. Kudos to the author with being so very original and really acing the story he set out to tell.

So many things to learn about the world and characters he created, but he helped write in a way that allowed us to navitage his world seamlessly.

I thoroughly enjoyed this one.
Jeanne Richardson
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I've read written by Jason Barden; he has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of his books.

I loved the characters.

Bin Blogs Books
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-ebook
A 5 star review for this twisted and imaginative tale. The Spitting Post, by Jason Barden, is a richly creative story with a surprise ending you'll love.

Find my complete review here: https://binblogsbooks.wordpress.com/2...
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

Vincent Carpenter is an everyday man with an everyday life... Until he wakes up... And things just aren't right. Then, this ordinary man wakes up in a dark and eerie world that rivals the most terrifying nightmares. In this new and horrible world he meets the Green Maiden. The Green Maiden sends him off on a journey alone to find a place called the Spitting Post. On this journey he faces many intense evils and each one brings him further and further into this world.

This is an amazi
Carl R.
Calvin

• Where the Wildflowers Grow: Southern Fiction for Women
  • Heaven Denied
  • Behind Blue Eyes (Stockholm Murders #1)
  • Alexis vs. the Afterlife (The Alexis McRiott Jams, #1)
  • A Divided Mind
  • Section Roads
  • Kicking Financial Ass
  • Of Sound Mind and Someone Else's Body
  • Rich and Gone (Red Farlow Mysteries, #1)
  • The Making of Daisy Hart
  • High Flying
  • Legend of Song de Light
  • Beneath the Mountain
  • Echo Hall
Jason R. Barden began writing poetry around the age of thirteen. At age thirty-three, he transitioned into dark fantasy and horror fiction. His first novel, The Spitting Post, is available at Amazon and other online retailers. Also, his short fiction and poetry have appeared in several magazines. In addition to writing, Jason enjoys hiking and photography.

News & Interviews