Start by marking “Juniper Unraveling” as Want to Read:
Juniper Unraveling

Juniper Unraveling

( Juniper Unraveling #1)

Get ready for a heart-wrenching story of survival, set in the post-apocalyptic southwest, with an all-new dystopian romance from the author of Ricochet and Backfire.

Papa says everyone has a story that deserves to be told.

Most begin years ago, after the second bomb hit, unearthing a deadly contagion that divided the population into the pure, the infected, and the Ragers
Published October 31st 2017

Start your review of Juniper Unraveling
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS

This is our fragile dance of understanding and confusion. Pain and lust. Roughness and reverence. This is who we are—two damaged souls trying to figure each other out.

A dystopian romance with Keri's signature grit and dark undercurrents? Sign me up!
I didn't even need a blurb to know that I'm going to love this book. And you know what? I was NOT wrong. This is what wclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
Jen
My brain is going a mile a minute right now!! I just finished this amazing book, and I must say that Keri Lake has taken her writing talent to a whole new level! I am so impressed by what she has written...I was a fan before; but now I will be hanging on every word she writes in the future!!!

This book reminded me a lot of the "Divergent" series, although "Juniper Unraveling" is way darker, grittier, and down right chilling! I loved how even with the story having a major dark tone to
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦I can't even tell you how long it's been since I've read a dystopian novel. Probably a year. Which is like, such a long time. In blogger years, that's probably an equivalent of 7. Give or take.

➦I won't bore you with details. But, there's a virus. And if you like zombie-like creatures then you'll probably enjoy Keri Lake's variation of them. In the midst of all this awesomeness is a love story and a very very tortured hero. If y
Liz
"We're the perfect, twisted match, destined for pain like a sad tragedy."
description

Juniper Unraveling is a simply stunning dystopian romance full of action and grit that will leave you completely breathless the entire read. I have long been a fan of Keri Lake's work and she has truly delivered a blockbuster hit with a gripping plot, complex characters, and smoking hot romance all set in a dystopian society like none I have ever experienced before.

"We're the perfect, twisted match, destined for pain like a sad tragedy."

description
"I can't breathe as he kisses me like he's trying to suck the pain from my lungs and free me from this suffocating guilt."
Set in a different time and place, Juniper Unraveling is told in two parts. As the horrors of this world are slowly revealed, a young girl befriends a mute boy. As young love fights to bloom through the cold hard world that they live in, the young lovers are torn apart. Death, destruction, and heartache coexist with a burning desire to go on, live, and find a brighter future. As the lines of right and wrong are blurred, love still remains.

description
"We don't see the world. We only see our world."
Told in first person POV, Juniper Unraveling offers an unforgettable love story set in a dark and twisted world. The plot is quite complex and a good majority of the read is focused on setting the backstory in order for the characters (and their relationships) to be revealed. The world in which this story is set is dark and the pain is raw and real and yet, I found a great deal of beauty and tenderness existed. The text flows naturally as the tempo of the read remains intense. The characters face insurmountable situations and yet, they find the strength to overcome any and all obstacles that are placed in their way. Although I would love to elaborate more on the plot of this read, I highly recommend going in blind. Every moment is critical to the story and the stakes are high for these characters to find their way.

description

Overall, I highly recommend Juniper Unraveling as your next read. Undoubtedly it is one of my favorite reads of 2017! Keri Lake is an extraordinary storyteller who creates characters I love and never want to let go of. Although this is a stand-alone, I can only hope that Ms. Lake will venture into this world again because I WANT MORE! Bravo Ms. Lake! Bravo!

*ARC graciously provided via author in exchange for an honest review!

For more reviews/reveals/giveaways visit:
Stacey is Sassy
IT'S ALIVE!!

What does a monster look like?

***4.5 stars***

It’s Friday night and I’m having a glass of wine. I feel like I deserve it after spending the whole day reading Juniper Unravelling. I admit that some of this day has been mired in frustration, disgust and horror but most of the day has been sucked into the vortex of an epic read. This was a journey that left me a little battered and bruised but triumphant in the end.

There’s this little part of me that thought that Keri Lake had got this one wrong. I’m kind of used to unwillingly falling in love witlike?
***4.5ALIVE!!
What
Olga therebelreader
**4.5 stars**

This book was absolutely awesome. I was taken on this incredible ride and hung on to dear life throughout the book’s entirety. Keri Lake is an incredible writer. She has created a vivid, disturbing world. I loved her writing style. It pulled me in quickly and I found myself irritated whenever I had to put the book down.

There's some genuine moments where I was so moved with compassion and emotion. The story, the characters will pierce your heart and slowly, so slowly, rip it out. The characte
warhawke
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Dystopian lover
Genre: Dark Dystopian Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Females
Rating:

It's been years since the world first fell into chaos, but it didn't made it any less harsh to live. With limited resources, a safe haven was highly sought after, but safety was just an illusion. In order to survive, one must learn to recognize who's friend and who's foe.

I love dystopian stories for the potential of bleakness. This book was not as dark and depressing as I thought it would be, but I still really enjoyed it.

He wears his wo
Females
Rating:Romance
Type:
Penny
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Actual Rating 3.5 stars.

There are two books here. The first half, which I really liked, and the second half, which I couldn't much care about. I would give the first half a solid 4.5 stars, but the second half is a mere 2 stars review for me. In the end, the first half of the book had such a strong pull on me that I decided to give the book a 4 stars rating on Goodreads.

What I liked most about this book was that you never new where the story was going. That was brilliant for me and very gratifyi/>There
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

✮✮✮ 4.5 STARS ✮✮✮

...there isn’t a vaccine in creation that can cure hatred and indifference to human suffering. They are the most virulent diseases in existence.

Keri Lake ventures with Juniper Unraveling into uncharted territory. I am convinced that she can write anything she sets her mind on but I was a little nervous on her behalf. She is o
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4.5 Brilliant stars ❤

Wow it was amazing , at the beginning I didn't know what to expect and what I found was brilliant.What a wild ride, I was on the edge of my seat most of the time wondering what will happen next.I never get bored, it has action,it's dark,emotional and romantic.

I loved everything about it and especially the world Keri created.It's not your typical story, it's so different and unique.I’m not going to say anything about the story because you need to experience this one, but believe me you hav
Lyn
80% dnf

Great start but when the 8 year time jump happens, I don't like how the story or characters change.
Deborah
Jun 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a good dystopian and this book is fabulous. I will warn you it’s not an easy read. At times I was well outside my comfort zone. But it was worth it. This book hooked me early on and just never let go. My only real cause for concern was the eight year jump in time. I’m not a fan of losing years and I wasn’t happy. But I soon got over my mini tantrum and continued on. ...

The world has been decimated by the Dredge. A virus or prion designed to spread. And spread it did annihilati
Bex (Beckie Bookworm)
35172048._SY475_-1.jpg

Bloody hell this book!!
I don't even know where to start with this review all I know is this was just so magnificent from start to finish and words can't do justice to how much this actually managed to impress me.
Everything about this worked for me and I was transfixed from the second I picked this up.
A totally new author for me but one I will definitely be reading again.
So this was set against a dystopian postapocalyptic backdrop and for humans, life has essentially evolved into a battle of daily survival against the Ragers.
Ragers are esse
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
3.5 Stars

First, let me get a couple of caveats out of the way. I don’t do zombies. They gross me out and I don’t like them. Though Ragers aren’t labeled as such, that’s what they are. I also don’t like motorcycle men/clubs/whatever. They aren’t my jam. Guess what’s also in this book? I got about 2% in when I figured out what was what and you should’ve seen the look on my face when I realized I’d chosen a %^&%$# zombie book! Fit to be tied, I was. God damn cover being all intriguing and whatnot.

Now, having said all that
Jennifer Kyle
3.5 Stars.
FMABookReviews

❝We're the perfect, twisted match, destined for pain like a sad tragedy. The moth who fell in love with the flame. He's the reaper, and I'm his disciple.❞

As a blogger, I am amazed and honored each time I am given the offer to read books before they go on sale. I cannot always read what is offered due to time constraints, as well, I don’t sign up for every book available to me, no matter how much I love the author, because if the book is a genre I don’t typically read (ie PNR, Fantasy, Dys
Eliza
May 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, oct-2017

★5 STARS★

I think it’s fair to say I had a slight cause for concern when going into Juniper Unraveling. I’ve never had any interest in reading a dystopian novel before, but such is the power of Keri Lake, I couldn’t have trusted a better author to take the leap with. The fact that it also hinted to harbouring one of her darkest heroes yet may have also given me reason to clear my throat with nervousness.

I’m the first to admit I’m a wimp when it comes to reads such as these. But if you were to ask me
Betül
**ARC provided in exchange for an honest review**

description

"Two damaged souls trying to figure each other out."

I absolutely LOVED Juniper Unraveling. Dystopian/Post-apocalyptic romances are my guilty pleasures, and I am always on the hunt for more books in this genre. When I read the blurb and early reviews of this book, I just knew I had to get my hands on it. T
Mimiorphee
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, arc
Keri Lake said she wanted to try something new, here it is Juniper Unraveling, her new book, a dystopian romance.

I'm just going to be straight here, take the plunge, you won't regret it because whatever that author writes is simply gold.

That book broke my heart, for the characters and for the horrible nature of the humanity it paints. It explores the darkest hours of a world that's been subjected to a virus, the Dredge that infected the population, turning them into
Corina
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: apocalyptic
I had this book on my kindle since October of last year. I'm ashamed that it took me this long to pick it up. A change in genre, a reading flunk, and a new author - sometimes all that's necessary is the right time for the right book.

Today, Juniper Unraveling was the right book for me.

I never read anything by Keri Lake before. And I can't remember the last time I read a zombie or apocalyptic story that had me this engrossed. But boy, am I glad that I picked up this book.

Juniper Unraveling started slow, with many twists and
Jess-i-ca ~Sometimes a Gif Witch~
5 - LOVED IT! - Stars

I seriously laid in bed all day yesterday ignoring my husband and kids to read this. The story kept me interested and I had to find out what happened.

Full Review to come

ARC provided in exchange for an honest review
Pam Godwin
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Unputdownable, unforgettable, and utterly brilliant, this book is a must-read for all romance enthusiasts. It's emotional, action-packed, and simmering with filthy sensuality. Gawd, I love a tortured hero, and Six doesn't disappoint. He's guarded and vicious, broken and strong, delicious and captivatingly complex. Put aside any bias you might have for the sub-genre, and read this book. I can't recommend it enough.
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 5 Stars *****

Keri Lake has outdone herself. Juniper Unraveling blew me away! It's got everything: mystery, romance, suspense.

I couldn't put this down. So many surprising twists and turns. This is landing on my shelf of favorites.

The story does take place in a zombie apocalypse type world, but don't let that stop you from picking up this book! This is a must read!

description description description description

CC

After a deadly virus infects the community, the population becomes divided among the uninfected and the Ragers. As a means to protect themselves, a wall is built to separate the afflicted but what’s lurking on the other side is a different kind of plague. There are those who know the truth, while others continually look away. For Dani, Wren and Six, their experiences are completely unique yet they manage to affect each other in profound ways.

“We don't see the world. We only see our world.”

In this dystopiaways.
Annika
description

Wow. Well. That was... something.
Certainly something that completely took me out of my comfort zone.

To be honest, I'm not sure what I was expecting when I started this... Sure, some kind of dystopia, some zombie action, maybe some YA romance thrown into the mix? Oh, how wrong I was.
This was brutal - and I don't mean the gory kind of brutal (though, mind you, there was quite a bit of blood, brains and guts involved), but more of a psychological kind of torture. So much tragedy, bleakness and violence, especially during the first hal
Alexander Hamilton
What did I just read
AJ
“When the world is at its darkest, somehow love still carries the light.”

4 stars!

Wow, what a read! I’m a big fan of Keri Lake’s dark and gritty romances, and she’s definitely delivered that, but this time she’s added a dystopian/post apocalyptic twist, giving us a fully immersive story that completely captivated me from start to finish. It’s violent, twisted and brutally disturbing, but there is also a beautiful story of hope and a gorgeous romance, and with wonderfully descriptive writing I feel like I’ve been
Timitra
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Rated 4.5 Stars

Juniper Unraveling is an epic dark dystopian romance with sprinkles of light that is not for the faint of heart but I truly believe should be experienced by everyone.

The journey of these characters was painful to read at times but there were beautifully broken moments between them that warmed my heart. I loved them both.

I also loved how the author crafted this story, I thought it was masterfully done. I hope she writes more stories in this world.

I highly
Emma
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is not PNR but PAR (post apocalyptic romance). Normally I scoff at this ‘type’ of story, but this just caught me at the right moment. Gruesome scientific experiments, camps where subjects are held for experimentation, very much in the vein of Nazi concentration camps. The story starts off with 2 different story lines for 2 different girls.
Leigh
Oct 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 5-stars
So first let me start by saying I was very excited to receive an ARC of Keri's latest novel Juniper Unraveling. As I started reading I wasn't exactly sure what to expect but as the story took hold I couldn't put it down. The world Keri created is not an easy one, it's dark and brutal. Your either lucky enough to live behind the walls or your subjected to horrible conditions where to me death is definitely a better option. I don't want to give anything away but I would definitely recommend this o ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Venom
  • Unforgettable (Indulgence, #3)
  • Cold Queen
  • The Five
  • Damage
  • Collateral
  • War (The Four Horsemen, #2)
  • Take (Deliver, #5)
  • Promise of Darkness (Dark Court Rising, #1)
  • Manipulate (Deliver #6)
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet, #1)
  • Savaged
  • War of Hearts
  • Willow (Defy the Ravaged Book 1)
  • Like Dragonflies
  • Heartless Hero
  • Noble Savages Box Set
  • Devastate (Deliver, #4)
Author of dark romance who specializes in demon wrangling, vengeance dealing and wicked twists.

I love connecting with readers, so feel free to join my reading group: http://bit.ly/2lWjOFg

Juniper Unraveling (2 books)
  • Calico Descending (Juniper Unraveling, #2)
“When the world is at its darkest, somehow love still carries the light.” 2 likes
“I also believed that love was nothing more than a precursor for pain.
After all, this world has no room for love. It’s harsh and violent and thrives from taking, but still we seek it out, because the will to live and love is the only universal thing that binds us as a species and ensures our viability—an ever-constant pulse that drives us, in spite of the pain and hate that seeks to destroy us along the way.”
0 likes