Start by marking “Fluid Art Mastery: 8 Steps to Being a Paint Pouring Artist” as Want to Read:
Fluid Art Mastery: 8 Steps to Being a Paint Pouring Artist

Fluid Art Mastery: 8 Steps to Being a Paint Pouring Artist

Also known as paint pouring, flow art, liquid art, etc. Is a form of abstract art that uses acrylic paints with a runny (fluid)consistency. The acrylic paints react with each other when combined together to make interesting and visually organic motifs. This type of art is fun for all ages. Fluid acrylics can be used on many types of substrates and in many different forms s ...more
Published September 2nd 2017 by Independently Published

To ask other readers questions about Fluid Art Mastery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fluid Art Mastery

Start your review of Fluid Art Mastery: 8 Steps to Being a Paint Pouring Artist
Lynn Hall
More of an outline than a real book

For the price I kind of hoped for something that would take me more than a half-hour to read. The author's paintings are quite lovely, but the text reads like the outline of a real book, or a well-illustrated book proposal.

Perhaps the only way to learn this technique is by watching videos on You Tube, or by taking classes. I was hoping for something a little more in-depth. For example, the author admits that some of the materials he uses frequently are not arc
Shari
Feb 05, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, non-fiction
Got this through ILL. I learned about dendritic monoprinting and had to try it.
Lisa Drum
Oct 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Reference Book

This book inspires me to go out immediately and start paint pouring! Author provides easy to understand techniques (no techno babble :) and beautiful examples to guide fledging pour artists through the process.
Candace Engel
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I had been struggling to find all of this information in one place and Rick nailed it! Very easy for the beginner to understand.
M
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Quite basic

I feel the book would benefit the reader more if it had more step by step process pictures included with the narrative.
Kheeria
Sep 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Paint pouring made simple!

I have been hearing about and viewing online blogs on Paint Pouring and I must say I'm fascinated. When I found this book for free on Amazon I just grabbed it. Having gone through it I really feel that most of the mysteries of this technique has been cleared up for me. The book is definitely for a newbie, is simply written and can be understood by anyone who has an inclination towards this type of painting. I now want to go and start being dirty!!
Kerrie
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Tips n tricks for fluid painting and cells

Great source of information and clear definitions. Looked at on kindle and would have liked to be able to make paintings bigger but still great images. Open commentary on what works why how and what doesn't. Good YouTube tips too. A book to dip back into over and again.
Jason Hallmark
Dec 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: miscellaneous
I got this book for Christmas, as I am new to “pouring art”. This is a helpful book for beginners. Unfortunately, it doesn’t go into very much depth that one could not learn from watching a handful of YouTube videos. Still, I did pick up a few helpful tips that I plan on experimenting with. I would recommend this books to anyone who is absolutely new to pouring art, or art in general.
Joan S
Aug 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a simple to follow beginners book for Acrylic pouring. The author explains his methods clearly and offers choices for budgets. He doesn't go into archival methods for pouring but he does have a website and further information is available there. I gleaned a lot of good information from reading this book. ...more
Linda Fricker
Not great

While this is a good quick read about paint pouring, I found it very basic and not very helpful. The writer clearly knows his stuff, but I didn't feel like he was really sharing his knowledge. I've learnt far more from YouTube! I'm glad this was free on Kindle Unlimited as I would have been annoyed if I had paid for it!
Barbara Chandler
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good Info for a beginner

All the info I needed to get started. Have never done this, watched many many hours of videos. Then I said, “sure, I’ll do a hands on class with our people.” Senior citizens, I think it will be great and your book has got me started. I’m going to practice at home first.
Thank you.
Kath
Jul 29, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Very basic, and in one case outright incorrect. PVA (polyvinyl alcohol) bookbinders glue is archival only for its intended purpose but not when mixed with acrylic paint. If you use any product outside of its intended use then all guarantees are out the window. To recognise this with silicone additives but not PVA baffles me.
Elizabeth Read
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspires you to start pouring!

Well written and organized; author-artist very enthusiastic about paint pouring; instructions are easy to follow for the beginner; author gives low-cost as well as more expensive materials options. Strongly recommend this book.
William
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thanks, Rick!

My husband surprised me with this book in our Kindle library. He had no idea Rick Cheadle is someone I follow regularly in this art form. Thanks, Rick for your book. Great to have every detail you include!
Jacquie Parry
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfect introduction

This book is a wealth of knowledge and tips
It's perfect if you want to dip your toe into the world of fluid art
It contains very good links and suggestions for further reading and artists to check out
Jim
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A reasonably complete guide to acrylic pour painting

Rick methodically covers the required materials and approaches to creating amazing abstract art effects. His Edemy course is also recommended.
Josiah
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring

I'd never heard of fluid art or paint pouring before. I found this book to be very inspirational. Please fix the text on kindle, the formatting needs some adjust.
Ione DeOllos
May 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clear directions that are good for the beginner. It is nice to find a how-to book that explains why certain procedures are done.
Alison Bozman
Great information

The book has some great information but not enough illustrations for someone new to this technique. Nice references to websites in the back though
Jaida Ishmael
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Clear and concise

I learned a lot of good things about paint quality and consistency, and many techniques that come in handy when creating art
Dhruv Nath Aplash
Wonderful

Very precise information. Useful for beginners. Go and watch more of his videos. Recommend strongly specially for techniques. Go and explore
Roy Crick
Dec 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Beginnings

Excellent information for the Beginning Acrylic Pour Artist. Start correctly-Finish proficiently. Easy read - excellent format - expect awesome results.
Lisel33
May 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Such a generous and creative man

This book is a great primer on paint pouring. I also love Cheadles videos. Try it you'll like it. Paint pouring is fun.
Donia
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent Information

I'm new to pouring and this information is detailed and thorough enough to give most anyone encouragement to try it.
PAUL WHALLETT Deborah Whallett
Succinct

Easy to understand guidance for the lay person who just wants to have a go at being a bit creative.
Inder Grewal
Dec 03, 2017
Hazel M  Chatwin
May 08, 2020
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Absolute Beginner's Guide to Acrylic Pouring: Everything You Need to Know to Get Started
  • Mrs. Smith's Spy School for Girls (Mrs. Smith's Spy School for Girls, #1)
  • The Brightest Night (Wings of Fire, #5)
  • The Burning Issue of the Day (Lady Hardcastle Mysteries, #5)
  • Moon Rising (Wings of Fire, #6)
  • Ninth and Nowhere
  • Winter Turning (Wings of Fire, #7)
  • Escaping Peril (Wings of Fire, #8)
  • The Disappearances
  • The Debriefing
  • Verona
  • Acrylic Painting: The Ultimate Guide to Mastering Acrylic Painting for Beginners in 30 Minutes or Less! (Acrylic Painting - Painting - How to Paint - Acrylic Painting for Beginners - Acrylic Paint)
  • Double Cross (Kindle Single)
  • Surprise Ending
  • Pardonable Lies (Maisie Dobbs, #3)
  • The Conjurer (The Vine Witch #3)
  • Shine, Pamela! Shine!