Start by marking “Merry & Bright: A Christmas Anthology (Nocturne Falls Universe)” as Want to Read:
Merry & Bright: A Christmas Anthology (Nocturne Falls Universe)

Merry & Bright: A Christmas Anthology

(Nocturne Falls Universe)

The nine holiday stories in this collection:

Have Yourself a Merry Little Alien by Fiona Roarke
Draeken and Stella Phoenix are celebrating Christmas in Nocturne Falls with a festive holiday party in their new vacation home. Each has a big surprise for the other, but all’s fair in love and secret Christmas presents. Right?

The Wizard’s Mistletoe Magic by Jax Cassidy
Sent on
Published November 24th 2017 by Sugar Skull Books

To ask other readers questions about Merry & Bright, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Merry & Bright

Madison Warner Fairbanks
Merry and Bright, a Christmas anthology from the Nocturne Falls Kindle world.

9 short holiday novellas by the same authors and storylines in the Nocturne Falls Kindle world.
Several of the stories revisit couples from previous stories in the kindle world. Christmas celebrations that include heart and misty eyes. To fully appreciate these short stories, you should read the associated Kindle world books by each author. It can be read as a standalone but you won’t appreciate the relationships.
My tw
Hsu Lee
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC - I voluntarily offered to review this book with no obligations and my opinions are honest!
I loved this Christmas anthology
It was wonderfult to revisite the NFU universe during Christmas time.
You won't regret buyting this anthology
I loved the storytelling + the characters.
Kay
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My review is for The Mistletoe Misstep by Wynter Daniels.

This story is short but packed full of mystery, love and second chance romance. Amethyst is a hair dresser at Hair Scare in Nocturnal Falls. She had recently dumped Dustin, the local auto repair owner, on her mother’s wishes. When her mother sets Amethyst up for a date with a vampire she has no desire to see. Amethysts mother tells her that if she dates the vampire he will give her father the money they need to help his inventions. Will A
Anna Salamatin
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Mistletoe Misstep by, Wynter Daniels
Amethyst is a psychic hairdresser and yes, her hair is the color of her name. She’s fallen for Dustin, the superhuman mechanic and the feeling is mutual for him. ... there’s only one little thing. ...
Her fathers business is in financial trouble. Her family is facing ruin. That’s until a wealthy Vampire offers his help. All he asks for in return is Amethyst!
How can her family so easily ask her to sacrifice her own happiness? Is she willing to give up on lo
T.M. Payne
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed: Merry & Bright: A Christmas Anthology (Nocturne Falls Universe)
Authors : Fiona Roarke, Jax Cassidy, Kira Nyte, Wynter Daniels, Candace Colt, Alethea Kontis, Cate Dean, Larissa Emerald, Sela Carsen
Publication Date: 11/24/2017
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 5 Stars

REVIEW
I am at this time leaving review for the following story in this box set.
The Mistletoe Misstep
Wynter Daniels

Nocturne Falls has another heart about to be broken why? Well since her sister Emera
Barbara
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Mistletoe Misstep by Wynter Daniels is a very enjoyable holiday read. Amethyst (love this name) is a hairdresser at Hair Scare, whose hair matches her name, in Nocturne Falls. Though Ami has empathic abilities, it is hard for her to read her mother, who had her give up her boyfriend Dustin and now wants her to date a vampire. Though the motivation is to help out her father's business, Ami finds it hard to move away from her feelings for Dustin. Dustin, who has super strength and speed, finds ...more
Betty
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
My review is for The Mistletoe Misstep by author Wynter Daniels
What happens when a manipulative and greedy mother wants her daughter, Ami Powers to date and get close to a wealthy and handsome Vampire? Trouble and angst since Ami is in love with Dustin Ruiz, the owner of his own auto shop, Spot on Auto, and whom her mother disapproves. Will Ami be a dutiful daughter and do as her mother asks or will she go with her heart?
I loved this story which has angst, humor and romance.
Niken Widyastuti
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Overall, this Christmas anthology was a winner. We got to visit previous characters and saw their HEA live. A merry atmosphere was palpable throughout the book, well, throughout some stories I’ve read at least.

Great book for the holiday season.

I was provided a complementary copy by the author / publisher, but this in no way influenced my thoughts or opinions.
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is a great collection of holiday themed stories. I enjoyed all the stories in this collection, it was nice to see some of the characters from previous books again. A great anthology for the busy holiday season.

I received a copy from the publisher, my review has been voluntarily submitted.
Ann Brookens
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
A holiday continuation of the Nocturne Falls Universe, this anthology brings together 9 authors who have contributed before. All have made interesting contributions to the structure of Nocturne Falls. I found a couple of stories to be not to my taste, but most of them were very enjoyable and I especially enjoyed Alethea Kontis' The Meddlesome Misadventures of Merri and Bright! This is a nice way to get into the holiday spirit!
David  Vise
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A nice little collection of 9 Nocturne Falls Universe short Xmas stories by authors who have previously written for the series.
This collection is both a great way to discover new authors (and Nocturne Falls itself if you are a NFU newbie!) and a way to get extra Nocturne Falls action (for existing fans).
All the stories were well written and easy to read PNR making it hard to pick a favourite....although if pushed I would choose the story 'Merry & Bright' itself as I love the way it weaves i
Sally906
I wish you could do half stars! As with all anthologies some story you love, some leave you scratching your head and the rest are good.

All the stories are set in the fictional place of Nocturne Falls which is the literary invention of author Kristen Painter. She invited some other authors to write books set in her world called Nocturne Falls Universe. Now these authors have each written a Christmas themed chart story.

I haven’t read many of the invited authors so feel this might have effected
Lisa
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Overall, this was a the most delightful read. It gives you that warm fuzzy feeling of Christmas cheer. It was nice revisiting some of the characters in the stories we have all grown to love. Of course, if you haven’t read any of them don’t worry, you can still read these as a stand alone. My favorite was The Psychics Say I Do By Candace Colt. I loved seeing all these characters again. I do have to admit the two brides sort of got on my nerves some but not too bad. Mainly Brianna. It was nice to ...more
Suzan
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this Christmas anthology and getting to see how some of the characters I grew to love in the previous books are enjoying their happy ever afters.
Myriam
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
The Anthology contains nine brand new Nocturne Falls Universe stories by nine Nocturne Falls Universe authors, and it is dedicated to Christmas holiday spirit. I did not like all of the stories equally, hence the four stars. However, there were some stories that I absolutely adored, Fiona Roarke, Alethea Kontis, Jax Cassidy and Sela Carsen. The stories are reviewed in order in which they appear.
*Have Yourself a Merry Little Alien by Fiona Roarke
This is the fourth story relating to Aliens from Al
Stephenee
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
* I received an ebook from the author, however, that in no way affects my review or opinions. *

I have read EVERY book in the Nocturne Falls and Nocturne Falls Universe series and each book makes me fall more and more in love with the characters, the town and the idea of having Halloween EVERY day of the year!! I felt like this anthology was all about hope, family and love and I enjoyed all of the stories!

Nocturne Falls is in for a population growth in the near future, especially after reading t
Gwessie Tee
Naughtiness 3 *

Wow definitely doesn't cover how much I loved these stories. I pretty much knew I'd love this anthology but absolutely love it a lot more than I thought I would if that is even possible.

Every single story in this anthology blew me away in the best possible sense, I definitely cried a few times for the best reasons. Loved seeing so many characters aswell as older characters already well established by Kristen before there was a universe.

All the authors brilliant as always have done
Jaime
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved these stories! It was so awesome to go back to Nocturne Falls during the Christmas season. I loved reading about the Nocturne Falls characters again. Full of holiday cheer, this is a great book for the Christmas season. You can’t help but feel festive when reading it!
Dana Whyte
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This overall is a great Christmas anthology, and a fantastic visit to Nocturne Falls! We get to revisit some great characters that I have come to love! Some of my favorite stories that I really enjoyed was A Dragon’s Christmas Mayhem, The Psyhics Say I Do, and the Meddlesome Misadventures of Merry and Bright. This is a fun cozy read over the Christmas holiday! I can’t wait to revisit Nocturne Falls again!
Melindeeloo
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Most of the shorts in this were pretty thin. But there were a few that made good use of the Nocturne Falls World and squeezed a decent story with a touch of romance into the small word count. My favorites were: The Meddlesome Misadventures of Merry and Bright by Alethea Kontis and Winter's Frost by Sela Carsen.
Ashley
3.3 stars.

The overall rating is from the average of all the ratings listed below.

Have Yourself a Merry Little Alien by Fiona Roark: 4/5
The Witch's Snow Globe Wish by Larissa Emerald: 3/5
Magic's
Alexandra
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Alethea Kontis' story (which I started with). Can't remember the last time I cried so hard about a book where no one died... The characters are so lovely, their story so heartwarming and heartbreaking and heartwarming again, I enjoyed every last sentence and it made me feel very christmassy - and in the mood for some mischief!

The other storys I liked more or less too, none of them really got to me though, this was the one to stand out and alone worth more than I paid for the w
Helen Moxham
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet snapshots

The stories in the anthology were all sweet little snapshot bites of characters from nocturne falls universe. Some of the previous stories I had read and some I hadn't however, these stories stood on their own without need of reading previous titles. Most brought a smile to my face, some I could have easily read more of and others were a sweet little insight into nocturne falls tales. Overall, short but sweet reads that I enjoyed and where the appetite for more from nocturne falls
Gg Girl
Jan 02, 2018 rated it liked it
Something missing

I love nocturne falls. I did not love this book. All the stories were about characters created in the nocturne universe, which are pricey books that are very short reads

If you haven't read that universe story, then these shorts make no sense. The characters in these shirts seem like great characters. But there is just not enough substance without the backstory

I couldn't finish it. Just not enough there to care about the characters. I may go and find the original stories and try
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great boxed set with some amazing authors. There are nine books in this set and each of the books are written in the Nocturne Falls Universe. Each book was great and had a wonderful story which kept me reading way past my bedtime. They all have well developed characters are all very entertaining. Each of the books were full of surprises and I didn’t want them to end. If you are looking for a great boxed set then you need to get this one. I am looking forward to reading the other books ...more
Michael D. Kanner
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun book for the season for those that are fans of the Nocturne Falls Universe. Although some of the inhabitants of the original universe show up, most of these involve new characters and supernaturals.

The reason that it did not receive 5 stars was that with so many new characters there were no back stories and so you are not as invested in the outcomes of the stories. It is also obvious that all of the romantic issues (and all the stories were about winter romances) would be resolved, so the
Christine Lee
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Merry & Bright: A Christmas Anthology (Nocturne Falls Universe), various authors.

I love anthologies because you can quickly experience new authors and stories easily. This anthology is a series of shorts in the Nocturne Falls Universe for Christmas.

It's wonderful revisiting many of our favorite new Nocturne Falls citizens, and specially at the wonderful Christmas season. Visiting our Aliens, Arkansas neighbors, our Fire-Dragons and their Keepers, and others was enjoyable.
Denise
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love a good anthology

Christmas in Nocturne Falls and many authors interpretation of magical creatures. Most of these authors I had read before. Some of the stories had connections to other books written in the Nocturne Falls universe. I enjoy that because it is a way to feel more immersed in a story without too much backstory. Overall, I enjoyed these stories and I recommend Nocturne Falls to spend a little of your time.
Norma Storms
Apr 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Short stories that rock!

All of the stories are set in the Nocturne Falls universe. Well written without a yawn among them. I laughed out loud and got tears in my eyes while reading these. A nice addition to this unusual small southern town that has a Halloween theme all year round.
Denise Snider
Jan 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
This anthology has 9 novellas in it...all wrapped around Nocturne Falls. Each novella is written by a different author who has previously written a Nocturne Falls Universe book. Each book was enjoyable, however, most were predictable. Overall, the book was a light read with plenty of laughs and romance.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Fiona Roarke is a multi-published author who lives a quiet life with the exception of the characters and stories roaming around in her head. She writes about sexy alpha heroes and used them to launch her very first series, Bad Boys in Big Trouble.

Next up, a new Sci-Fi contemporary romance series set in Arkansas. When she's not curled on the sofa reading a great book or at the movie theater watchi

Nocturne Falls Universe (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Magic's Song (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • The Vampire Bounty Hunter's Unexpected Catch (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Close Encounters of the Alien Kind (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • The Witch Rescues Her Werewolf (Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • The Truth About Cats and Wolves (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Reaping The Immortal (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • A Dragon Speaks Her Name  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Invasion of the Alien Snatchers  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)
  • Magic's Fate (Nocturne Falls Universe)
  • The Mermaid Catches Her Mate  (A Nocturne Falls Universe story)