Start by marking “Escape (Getaway, #3)” as Want to Read:
Escape (Getaway, #3)

Escape

(Getaway #3)

Everything inside of him is screaming that he needs to run, he needs to go, he needs to escape.

Lane Warner is used to being overshadowed and overlooked.

After all, he’s the youngest brother and the most laid back one in the family. He’s the one known for going with the flow and not making waves, even when things seem to be at their worst.

Very few things in life have had the
ebook
Published January 30th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Escape, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Escape

Start your review of Escape (Getaway, #3)
Dali
Brooding cowboys are a romance subgenre favorite and Crownover continues her heartfelt romantic series “Getaway” with this tale of tall and sexy cowboy Lane Warner and the woman he’s always loved but will never have Brynn Fox.

As the youngest and usually overlooked Warner brother, Lane was proud to be Brynn’s protector at school since they were children until the day she accepted his father’s help instead of his because the dangers she faced were too big for a teenager to help with. For years La
Shayna
“When did looking at me start to make you cry instead of smile?”

Oh baby Warner, you break my heart! I knew this book was going to wreck me in the best possible way, and I’ve never been more glad to be right! Jay Crownover brings us ALL THE FEELS with her final (hopefully not - crossing fingers) book in her incredible Getaway Series! ESCAPE is the HIGHLY ANTICIPATED love story of Lane Warner and Brynn Fox/Warner. My heart was aching before I even cracked open the book and then the prologue hi
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

“From the very beginning, since before I was old enough to know what it meant, I wanted it to be you and me, Brynn.”

We’ve followed them through Retreat and Shelter, catching snippets of their unrequited love story along the way, all the time eagerly awaiting the moment we finally got to know the nitty-gritty of the youngest Warner, and the woman he loved from afar, so it was fitting the final book in this fabulous series we’ve devoured, should belong to Lane Warner and Brynn Fox-Warner.

Michelle
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jay-crownover, 2018
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

597c9cd4bd1c6151c59ef105ab2107

Oh the feels!!!! Reading a Jay Crownover book is indeed an escape. An escape to get loss in her words, characters and the raw emotions. and in her latest release, Escape, she swept readers away with her magnetic prose. This book was just pure bliss in my opinion. It was a story that took the concept of friends to lovers onto a whole new level of trust, love and and understanding. The story of Lane and Brynn was heartbreaking and yet emotion
Kim
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5+ stars
Lane Warner and Brynn Fox have been through so much together. They were best friends, first loves, family, and roommates, and all along they carried a torch for each other but were afraid to take a chance again. But when Lane stands to lose Brynn to another man, instead of fighting for her, he takes off.

Lane was always just needing to have his own identity separate from his brothers and to be seen. He was usually the funny and easy going brother, but just hid his pain and insecurities.
♡Julalicious Book Paradise♡
Original review on Julalicious Book Paradise

I was really happy to finally get to Lane and Brynn's story because I really wanted to know just how they would be able to salvage their friendship and move on after hitting pause all these years ago and I was also wondering how their story would be like after what the first two brother went through in the first books, but like always, Jay Crownover didn't disappoint.

When Lane leaves the Ranch, he's trying to put as much distance between him and Brynn,
Karen Mc
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing

There was no escape from love once it got its claws into you.

Oh Jay Crownover, what an ESCAPE!!! The Getaway series continues to be one INCREDIBLY INTENSE ADVENTURE!!! Escape is a vividly told tale that is full of steam, suspense, and second chances. This book buzzes with excitement and energy that ENGULFED ME. Escape is a heart-pounding journey filled with HEAT and HEART that is one HEADY HIGH!

Escape is tale of tough and tender love but also a story of survival, second chances, and
Nancy The book junkie
Rating: 4.5/5

Review to come!
Alexandra
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 1018
I received an e-ARC in exchange for an honest review. Review and blog tour can be found on *Milky Way of Books*

The final (?) book in the Getaway series was a whirl of emotions and action. I had anticipated Lane's and Brynn's story since book 1 and I was glad to their own HEA. The trope of friends to lovers is one of my favorite and while it dragged at some points it was a good book with romance, some comedy and a sub-plot that made me feel like I was watching an action movie.

The end of the book
Emma
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-wishlist
Escape might just be my favorite of the Getaway series. The details of the relationship between Brynn and Lane have been unfolding through the series so we are already aware of the background details and barriers between the pair. However, the ending of Shelter was the tipping point for Lane forcing him to confront everything he has tried so hard to bury.

The history between Lane and Brynn is majorly messed up and exasperated by Lane's blinkered youthful viewpoint and his own issues with relatio
Nalla Reads
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviews
Originally posted on NallaReads.com

description

Crownover's final installment in the Getaway Series is a heartbreaking tale of first love and lost chances. After the drama of Cy and Leo in the wilderness and the chaos of Em and Sutton's survival, I didn't think Lane and Brynn's story could pull me in another emotional direction. But I was wrong in the best of ways. Everyone knows that Brynn and Leo belong to one another. They've gravitated and circled one another like planets for years and finally they've cr
Cindy
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thought I knew what this book was going to be about before reading it. Two people who since they were little formed a strong bond in friendship that turned into unrequited love and circumstances broke that bond for many years. I thought it would take the whole book for these two to mend their friendship and finally become lovers. Color me pleasantly surprised when that was resolved within the first couple chapters.

Now what does that mean for the rest of the book? Well a story thread from her
Pam Nelson
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Escape Stars

I have been waiting for this beauty for a while, it delivered and then some. I loved the story and all the ups and downs.

Lane has always been a favorite character of mine. My heart was breaking for him. I really didn’t know if Brynn was good enough for my Lane but she so was.

It only took me a chapter or two to fall in love with Brynn and to see that she was hurting just as much as Lane was. I can’t believe how much she has had to go through in her life.

Her heart is so big you ca
Mandy
Loved Lane and Brynn's book! Long time friends to lovers story with a sexy cowboy - I couldn't ask for anything more!
Born To Read
Jun 18, 2018 rated it liked it
This time the story is about Lane, the youngest Warner brother. He has always been in love with Brynn. But her circumstances have never been easy. She wanted to leave behind her life in the reservation. Her mother was really nasty. So she accepted Lane's marriage proposal.
Obviously, that made Lane and Brynn drift apart.
When he is about to lose her again, he just escapes. But this time, Brynn is determined to bring him back home. This is their journey together.
I liked the story. Honestly, I was
HMS
So this was just about a woman who goes after the man she has loved for as long as she can remember
and their long drive from California to Wyoming....

It wouldn't be JC without some action and suspense.
Heather andrews
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lane tries to be the gentlemanly type, “oh, I’m trying, believe me. It’s taking everything I effing have not to come before you.” Lane always tries to be a considerate man, “uh, I’m never going to say no to a ****job from that pretty mouth of yours, but are you sure you want to start that here? Not to mention I’m all dirty and I stink.” I liked this book, I loved Lane. The man was so kind and sweet.
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jan 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018

Three Chicks
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review by Trinette Dungee

Lane Warner is the baby of the Warner Brothers; he’s the one who can put anyone at ease with his laid back nature and easy giving smile. That smile has gotten him many women in his bed except the only one he really wants; Brynn Fox-Warner. He and Brynn were the best of friends for years, until he offered her a way out of her horrible life and she turned him down and accepted his father’s help instead…hence the “Warner” last name. Broken hearted Lane basically slept his w
Rachel
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5+ stars

Lane Warner is used to being the overlooked brother, the one who tries to keep the mood light, but he can’t stay at the ranch anymore and watch everything he wants and can’t have. Running to Sutton wasn’t really his plan, but California seems like as good a place as any to figure out what Lane will do next.

Brynn Warner (formerly Fox) found a home at Warner Ranch, but an unconventional one. Marrying into the Warner family might have solved some of her problems, but put her heart in a di
Mel Shank
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Escape by Jay Crownover is the 3rd book in the 3 book Getaway series that tells the tales of 3 brothers.
In Retreat, book 1, and Shelter, book 2, we hear and see glimpses of Lane and Brynn's relationship and know that life has torn these two apart even though they belong to each other. All 3 books can be read as standalones but you will want to know all the brothers.

Lane is the youngest of the 3 Warner brothers and he has been in love with Brynn from the first moment he saw her way back when but
Lindsey
Jan 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lane and Brynn might be my favorite. I enjoyed how the problem with the couple got taken care of right away at the beginning of the story. It was refreshing not to have the typical all goes well, then a problem occurs before all can be right again. The add on of Bauer in the story was nice as it showed just how great of people Lane and Brynn are. I just wish there were some more couple moments with Lane and Brynn.
-C-
Aug 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lane and Brynn have such a complicated relationship. They were best friends then they were almost strangers. There is so much going on, and yet my main focus was on the healing of these two unforgettable characters. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect happily ever after for these two.

Lisa
Feb 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’ll start by saying this book was not what I expected. The storyline was a combination of the long awaited love story of Brynn and Lane plus an emotionally packed story that will tug at your heartstrings.

Great end to the series!
Jessica
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lane and Brynn are just magic! I love this book!
Amanda Koziczkowski
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have been so pumped for Lane and Brynn's story. They have such the tension surrounding them and it made for quite the build up. I enjoyed their relationship a lot and was so glad to see things broken down between them. There was a whole suspense element that I did not see coming that was a lot of the main plot line. I did like it, I was just thrown off at first. I am really hoping she will continue in this world and bring us more!
Jenn
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it

Brynn and Lane belong together but circumstances have prevented them from finally doing just that. But when Lane decides that he can't take anymore and leaves the ranch, Brynn must pull up her big girl panties and take the step they both need her to take, and go and bring him home to her. But the journey is not without drama. They must figure out how to repair their friendship before they can move forward into something more.

I love them together. I understood why Lane was hurt by her de
RentasticReads
“We fell apart without a kiss. Maybe we can put ourselves back together with one.”

I know I’ve said this countless times before, but I’ll go right ahead and say it again—this is THE BEST series Jay Crownover has ever written. Ever. And knowing how much I love and adore all the books she already wrote, that’s truly saying something. But these brothers... they’re just absolutely EVERYTHING. I want to be a Warner; I want to be a part of their family. My heart is still pounding wildly in
Akshi
Jan 30, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars
I’m a huge Jay Crownover fan and I couldn’t wait for Lane’s book. I thought the story was pretty good, but I thought the secondary storyline detracted from the whole book. I agree with other reviewers- I wanted more Lane and Brynn and their story development versus the development of a completely different storyline. I also felt like the development of secondary characters in this book seemed a little forced. Usually I fall in love with her secondary characters and their potential for
Cassie C