Start by marking “The One Night Stand (The Players, #3)” as Want to Read:
The One Night Stand (The Players, #3)

The One Night Stand

(The Players #3)

Gabriel Torres thought his life after Major League Baseball would be simple and quiet, or at least quieter. However, as he takes over running the exclusive Players Club, he finds himself continually embroiled in scandal and drama. Surely nothing, and no one could make his life any crazier...Right?

Rachel Adler is a blast from Gabe’s past who crashed back into his life with
Published December 12th 2017 by NYLA

To ask other readers questions about The One Night Stand, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The One Night Stand

Red Cheeks Reads
Dec 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As a longtime fan of Elizabeth Hayley, I am always excited to one of their books on my kindle. One Night Stand is the third standalone in The Players series and yet another one I couldn't put down.

Rachel and Gabriel have a past that formed in college but never developed into more when they both went their separate ways after graduating. Now they have run into each other once again and the passion they feel is instant and dynamic. While on a personal level they seem perfect -- they generally like
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was ok
***ARC Provided by the Author/Publisher via InkSlingerPR***

2.5 Stars

I wanted to like this book. I liked Rachel and Gabe. And, while I am not the biggest fan of books that start with one of the characters not being honest with the other, I can usually get past it if it is handled well, and in this case it was handled well enough that I was able to believe the characters and their attraction to one another.

Unfortunately, the subplot of the player's club...and it being this secret society that no o
Franci Neill
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Chasing the Elusive and Exclusive Stars!!!

This is my first book by Ms. Hayley and what an introduction to her writing this has been. I'm a huge sports book fan and since I wanted to be a sports broadcaster when I was in college this book is a natural fit for me.

Gabe and Rachel knew each other ten years ago but for several reasons didn't explore that zing they felt. Fast forward and they meet again when he's retired from the MLB and she's a reporter on the hunt for a story that will figurativ
Sofia Lazaridou
Dec 16, 2017 rated it it was ok
The One Night Stand is the third book in The Players series and it can be read as stand alone. It follows Gabe and Rachel's story. These two had met and hooked up in the past, but after a long time, fate and a phone call brought them together again. For years, Rachel has been trying to get info about an exclusive athlete club which happens to be owned by Gabe. This is recipe for disaster. What bothered me the most about this book is that from the beginning until the end the whole relationship wa ...more
Megan  ~The Never Ending Book Basket
I have loved and enjoyed all of Elizabeth Hayley’s Players novels so much. These books are the perfect sports romance. They’re funny as all get out, filled to the brim with distinctive and memorable characters, and they have each given me love stories that packed the perfect amount of heat and fun and feels. Elizabeth Hayley has delivered it all once again in the third installment of this series. They have once again created a story that was so easy to get swept into and that gave me it all.

The
Christie72
One Night Stand by Elizabeth Hayley is ANOTHER WINNER! This book is about Gabe, and I’ve been waiting for his story! All of the guys are funny, but Gabe just takes it to another level. He has the reputation as the player. With Ben and Jace settling down, thoughts of settling down have crossed his mind lately. Yet, no woman has made him feel that way with the exception of a girl he briefly dated in college, Rachel. As fate would have it, the two run into each other at the Super Bowl. Sparks fly, ...more
Meagan
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
So this book was interesting and went down a path I expected and didn't expect at the same time. Rachel is a journalist who works for a sports magazine. She works on different assignments related to sports and on the side she is searching for a special story that is only whispered about. I think my biggest issue with the book is this unicorn assignment. It kind of came out of left field and then just kept getting bigger. Like where did she first hear about this? How does she know about it? Just ...more
Christina
Ten years after college graduation Gabe and Rachel manage to meet up at a Super Bowl party. There had been a sizzle between the two of them back then, but with graduation looming and the start to both of their careers (Gabe an MLB shortstop and Rachel a sports reporter), there isn’t enough time to start a relationship. So when Rachel comes waltzing back into his life, there seems to be no time like the present to pick up where they left off.

After one very hot and heavy night at an hotel, the pai
Bec
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Gabriel Torres hasn't been doing much since retiring from Major League Baseball, except taking over running the exclusive Players Club. However, it's not simple and easy like he thought it would be. Instead, he's got members he needs to keep happy and a club he needs to keep secret. Yet, when Rachel Adler -- a blast from Gabe's past -- begins sniffing around and doing everything she can to uncover information on the club, will she follow through with writing the story that could take her career
Crystal
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
****REVIEW TO COME***

3.75 Stars
The One Night Stand (The Players #3)
By Elizabeth Hayley

This is my first book by author Elizabeth Hayley and overall I enjoyed the book. This is the 3rd book in the Players Series and is the story of Gabe and Rachel.

Gabe is a recently retired baseball player and has inherited the Players club that is top secret and NO ONE can know about it. He has found that it is more of a burden than anything else and is truly regretting agreeing to run it.

Rachel is an investiga
Mile High KINK
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WoW! Who is Elizabeth Hayley? And where have I been? From the minute I started reading this book I knew I was going to love it. I highly recommend anyone who enjoy sport romances with heat and heart, this is the book for you. This was my first Elizabeth Hayley read and I will be binge reading The Bet and The Proposition. Hopefully I can find more information on THE PLAYER'S CLUB, the club that doesn't exist.
This is retired MLB player Gabriel Torres' story. He has inherit a new business and juggl
Lynn Reynolds
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
Rating: 3.5 Stars

Rachel Adler has a job that some sports fans would envy. Gabe Torres has lots of friends but still seems alone. They have friends, Kellan and Camille, are two people that I would love in my life. But they become a good part to the story that becomes unfair to both Rachel and Gabe. When you get toward the end, you may understand why I liked them so much.

We have two people that have secrets. Their secrets may be different but they are there never the less. How would you feel if so
Ashley Jasper
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had never heard of Elizabeth Hayley but after seeing a sneak peek, I was intrigued enough to want to read The One Night Stand. I really enjoyed the balance in Gabe and Rachel's story. There was plenty of humor and heat. But what I liked even more was that these characters were real. They had struggles both personally and professionally and they translated over into the other aspects of their lives.

I loved them together. There was laughter and sharing and friendship and a connection that time c
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the Players Club Series.  However, even though there are characters from previous books, and references to some events in the previous books, this story can totally be read as a stand alone.

Gabe is a retired baseball player, who has taken over the ownership of an exclusive club, made up of current and former sports figures.

Rachel is a sports reporter, who has gotten a tip about a secret sports club.....but hasn't been able to find anything concrete.

Rachel and Gabe went
Melissa
Dec 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
**ARC provided courtesy of InkSlinger PR**

This was my first book from Elizabeth Hayley. I always love a good sports romance and second chance romances so this definitely caught my eye. Overall, I liked the book.

Gabe and Rachel have a past-obviously since I said this was a second chance romance, right? So I liked seeing them rediscover each other, liked seeing realize the spark was still there and that it had the potential to be more. I truly liked them together. They had good chemistry, the sexy
Ariadna Basulto
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I've been on a sports romance kick lately and I was so happy that The One Night Stand continues my happy streak! Funny, deliciously sexy, and packed with all the feels, it's a book you definitely need to pick up.

Gabe and Rachel's story begins when they reconnect and it leads to a one night stand. Suddenly, they find themselves in more than either of them is ready for and engulfed in unexpected complications. The writing is great and I found myself experiencing Rachel's struggle to figure out wh
Amanda
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is my first read from Elizabeth Hayley and I quite enjoyed it. It was funny and emotional and sweet and sexy. A good balance that makes for a good story.

Gabe had me giggling throughout so much of this book. He’s so charming and swoony and then he’s vulnerable and it’s just so cute. Some of the interactions with his guy friends were hilarious. I really need to read the other books in this series.

Rachel is a strong, independent woman who is on a mission to uncover a huge secret in the sporti
Konny
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The One Night Stand by Elizabeth Hayley is the third book in The Players Series. The One Night Stand can be read as a standalone, for better understanding I recommend to read the books in order. Book one, The Bet is Jace and Alys story. Book teo, The Proposition is Ben and Ryans story.
What happens when a reporter investigates astory and a club owner wants nothing more than anonymity? Right, disaster is about to happen.
Gabe is a ex-pro baseball player and the new owner of a exclusive, secret club
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
4 stars

Let it be known that adults will do stupid shit for the 89% of a book and still be surprised how they managed to get there. Rachel is a journalist with a killer whiff and Gabe is one athlete with a hell of a lot to tell. They’ve known each other since college and as life drove them apart, Rachel moved on but Gabe never really did. When life gives them a chance to find each other again, their goals and end games are different and they manage to collide in the worse way. Children: this is w
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really like this series! The men are hot and funny and the women are sassy and call them on it.

Rachel is determined to get her big story. She knows there is some exclusive “players club” for professional athletes. But every time she thinks she has a lead, it’s a dead end.

Gabe, her old college friend, is conveniently running the players club. But obviously he cannot tell her that. Gabe really liked Rachel in college and he’s ready to show her what a relationship between them looks like.
Pelusa Rivera
Mar 06, 2018 rated it liked it
This is the third book in series and I liked Gabe but I was not crazy about Rachel. Rachel was looking for the story for her carrier and she knew she was going to get it. She gets a tip from a disgruntled player, come to find out that she would find the story from Gabe a one night stand that she had in college. I felt sorry for Gabe he was having a hard time and when he sees Rachel he was happy and thinking that they had something, but Rachel was using him, yes she changed her tune but too late ...more
Sharon
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great book about a reporter, Rachel, in search of the greatest sports story to boost her dead career. Enter Gabriel, they knew each other in college, and the electricity is there, oh well what the heck it's one night! Unfortunately she finds she needs him to help in her story but she's catching feelings, can she use him and still look at herself? Follow their story in this 4 star book!
Becky Fenner anderson
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another Home Run for Elizabeth Hayley! This whole series has been great and this one does NOT disappoint. Full of amazing humor that only E&H can do, steamy scenes and a surrounding cast. This book is a must read!!! You will be so very happy you did. Even the dedication will have you in stitches. Grab this book today!

Cece
Bill  Nickles
Dec 19, 2017
Sunnie Balderas
Dec 21, 2017
Elizabeth Hayley is actually "Elizabeth" and "Hayley," two friends who love reading romance novels to obsessive levels. This mutual love prompted them to put their English degrees to good use by penning their own. The product is Pieces of Perfect, their debut novel. They learned a ton about one another through the process, like how they clearly share a brain and have a persistent need to text each ...more

The Players (3 books)
  • The Bet (Players, #1)
  • The Proposition (Players, #2)