Start by marking “Bollywood Invasion” as Want to Read:
Bollywood Invasion

Bollywood Invasion

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  11 Ratings  ·  10 Reviews
A fantasy novel of a modern-day American boy's journey back in time as the reincarnation of John Lennon.

Sixteen-year-old John Palmieri is living an average life in Brooklyn until one day he wakes up as a prince in India, thirty-five years before he was born. Suddenly, he finds himself with riches and power beyond his wildest fantasies.

Brooklyn is readily forgotten. Life b
Published June 2018 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Bollywood Invasion, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bollywood Invasion

The Blabbing Bibliophile
The reason I said yes to reading this story was because it sounded so different from anything I've read recently. Romance, fiction, time travel, fantasy, and more is packed into a mere 295 pages.

John is a young sixteen year old teenager in modern-day Brooklyn, NY who winds up in an accident with a bus when he's running late for school one morning. It's when he wakes up that things are significantly... different.

People around him are calling him Raj and he notices everything has changed. From t
Mochalove
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
At once engaging and cleverly creative, Ricardo Alexanders’ Bollywood Invasion enrapts readers with a fun and fantastical coming of age story, set in a well posed merging of reality and fiction which surpasses the reaches of time and continents.

Instantly the story draws you in, as initially, we meet John Palmieri living in modern times in Brooklyn; he’s a nerd and Beatles lover in high school and unsatisfied with his lower middle class existence. Things start with him in the throes of a dream, o
Diane
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The opening pages of Bollywood Invasion present what first appears to be an ordinary story of John Palmieri, a Brooklyn boy who is leading an average life until he's hit by a bus and awakens in another body as Raj Scindia, a prince living in India in 1958. He's suddenly wealthy, privileged, and living quite a different life from modern-day Brooklyn. Only his intense love for The Beatles has survived his transformation as he adapts to an entirely new culture and timeline; and it's that love which ...more
Hasanthi
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thanking the author, Ricardo Alexander for sending me a copy of the ebook, in exchange for an honest review. I actually wanted to read this book, since it was completely different from what I have read before. It was actually like watching a Bollywood movie. A well written, wonderful and unique story, filled with love, passion and humour. It was such fun in reading the book. It can be simply put as where the past meets the future.

As I mentioned earlier, I am so glad that I got the opportunity to
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Sep 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
John is a typical teenager who loves listening to music and secretly lusts after a girl at school until his tardiness and lack of concentration lead him into the path of an oncoming bus. He wakes and everyone calls him Raj. He's now in India, it's 1958 and he's a prince!

This is probably the most adventurous book I've picked up this year from a reading perspective. It's an intriguing mix of time-travel, romance and history. Unlike anything I've read before, I enjoyed the inventiveness of the narr
Dawn Dawn
Oct 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I checked this out after reading the author's other book, The Last Resistance: Dragon Tomb.
This is a gripping read through the psyche of this young boy! There is an optimum balance between the reality and a much-desired punch of Bollywood through the book. Just when you start to think the storyline is getting predictable, you are hit with an unexpected plot-changing twist that leaves you wanting to read more. The storyline progresses interestingly with a highlighted authenticity to the Indian-n
Happy Booker
Sep 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Bollywood invasion is a fictional story about a boy going back in time and living his dream. John Palmieri finds himself as a prince named, Raj Scindia in India.

I particularly enjoyed where Raj starts his own band. His attempt at gaining the attention and love of his girl was also intriguing to read.

Being a prince is not so bad when he gets to do whatever he wants with an endless amount of money, opportunities, and fun.

The story time is set in 1958. John has some learning to do which causes him
Destiny Bridwell
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
 I received a copy of this book for a fair and honest review. I got a copy of this book from the author. I was so happy when it came in the mail. It is a retelling of a tale some of us already know. It follows the adventure of a teen who is late for school that he is hit by a bus and wakes not only in another body but another time. He is a prince in India in 1958. He does not understand it after first and he meets a girl and that changes everything for him. Her father does not approve him and se ...more
LGandT
Aug 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Well that was a whirlwind trip I must say. I loved it. This is a must have for any time travelling shelf.

See full review here
Don Pedicini Jr.
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I have read in the past 5 years. I honestly could not stop reading it.
Megan De Laloë
Nov 09, 2018
Matt McAvoy
May 26, 2018
Ricardo Alexanders
Jun 01, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
DJ Sakata
Diane Hernandez
Jenni
Jesse
Oct 10, 2018
Ricardo Alexanders is a descendant of the Great Yyu and an aspiring writer. He is passionate in time-travel fictions that blend fantasy, science, and real history together.