Start by marking “Liar Liar (Detective Harriet Blue, #3)” as Want to Read:
Liar Liar (Detective Harriet Blue, #3)

Liar Liar

(Detective Harriet Blue #3)

Detective Harriet Blue is clear about two things. Regan Banks deserves to die. And she’ll be the one to pull the trigger.

But Regan – the vicious serial killer responsible for destroying her brother’s life – has gone to ground.

Suddenly, her phone rings. It’s him. Regan.

‘Catch me if you can,’ he tells her.

Harriet needs to find this killing machine fast, even if the cost is
Published July 26th 2018 by Century

To ask other readers questions about Liar Liar, please sign up.
Juanita Kupka Not over! Seems there will be another book with Harriet Blue…moreNot over! Seems there will be another book with Harriet Blue (less)

Start your review of Liar Liar (Detective Harriet Blue, #3)
Tim
Feb 15, 2019 rated it did not like it
I disliked, "Never Never," passed on, "Fifty Fifty," and should have done the same with "Liar Liar." Gag Gag. 0 of 10 stars
Josh
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Pre-review warning - do not read any further unless you have read Never Never and Fifty Fifty...

Still with me?

Ok...

My Review:

The third installment in the Detective Harriet Blue series sees the former sex crimes detective living on the lam in pursuit of her brothers killer.

Regan Banks has taken everything from Harriet that she loved. Having grown up being bounced from foster home to foster home during her formative years; a result of being a difficult and somewhat dangerous child, the bond she
Matt
Aug 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
The collaborative efforts of James Patterson and Candice Fox have brought about another winner in this third instalment of the Harriet Blue series. Picking up the action when the previous novel ended, the reader is thrust into a fast-paced crime thriller that has as many twists as it does lingering questions. With the revelation that Regan Banks is the actual Georges River Killer, it is time to capture Australia’s most elusive serial killer in short order. While Harriet ‘Harry’ Blue has always ...more
Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
The dynamic writing duo of James Patterson and Candice Fox, return with the bold third addition to the Harriet (Harry) Blue series, titled Liar Liar. In this thrilling new chapter of Harriet Blue’s life, she transforms into quite the outlaw as she frantically works to ensnare a dangerous serial killer. This is also the same man she deems responsible for her brother’s death. It is a life and death fight to the bone for Detective Harry Blue in Liar Liar.

Suzanne
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love the Harriet Blue is one of my favorite Patterson characters because she is just bold and well, Australian (which is awesome in my book). I found this plot a great addition and continuous from Fifty Fifty and honestly very entertaining. The pages just fly by in this book. What an ending to this book. I can’t wait for Hush Hush to come out this year. Glad Pops is okay.

My quick and simple overall: entertaining and as bold as Harriet is!
Jenny
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"Liar Liar" is book three of the Harriet Blue series by James Patterson and Candice Fox. Detective Harriet Blue was defatted when her brother Sam died in prison. When Detective Harriet Blue was starting to receive phone calls from the person who framed her brother Regan Banks decided to follow his clues. The readers of "Liar Liar" will follow the twist and turns to see Harriet Blue achieve her aim of killing the person who destroyed her brother.

I enjoyed reading books in this series and "Liar
Sean Harding
Jan 18, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: patterson-james
Man this was horrific. It was so bad, there was barely anything decent in this whole disaster of a novel. The setting is Australia, but it has no feeling of Australia at all, it just feels like LA or New York with an Australian postcode. The characters are poorly drawn, the plot is stupid and the execution is fatally flawed. What an unmitigated disaster.
Julie Garner
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-thriller
Another excellent addition to the Harriet Blue series.
This one asks the question - how far would you go to take revenge on someone who has hurt you and your family? Is there an inherent evil somewhere inside just waiting to be exposed. That is what Regan is trying to prove and what Harriet is trying to discover about herself.
In this book we have a cop on the loose, a serial killer drawing her into a game of cat and mouse and a top cop looking to get his name in the lights, even if that means
Marc Bougharios
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: physical-arcs
My first Patterson book, and it was a great book to start the year with! I didn't think I'd like it because personally I'm not a huge fan of detective books but I really liked this novel.

Harriet Blue is a cop on the hunt for her brother's killer. She will not stop until she kills him herself. But this cat and mouse game is not what you think it is. Her brother's killer is also killing people who are close to Harriet and no one is safe.

The plot was so entertaining to read and because of this, I
Jason Damman
Dec 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well! I enjoyed this third instalment of the Detective Harriet Blue series the most. In this book for Harry things get very personal in her pursuit of the George’s River serial killer.

This time Harriet has gone rogue and has disappeared, her bosses fearing that Harriet is going to find Regan and kill him herself before the police can bring him in to face justice. I don’t want to give too much away but Harry is angry and doesn’t pull any punches in her cat and mouse game with Regan. She wants him
Mandy White
Love love love! Harriet Blue is such an awesome character and this book blew me away. After the last book I wasn't sure how this one would go. I am now very eagerly awaiting book 4!!!!
Tammy Adams
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
Reminder to self - I’m not a fan of this series.
Alison
Feb 02, 2019 rated it did not like it
I had a difficult time reading the first two books in this series, and this book followed suit. I don't mind that the series takes place in Australia, it can be a learning experience to read about crime solving in another country. However, with the exception of a few words (boot instead of trunk), and with the exception of referring to cities in Australia, the setting could have been any town in the US, Canada, Europe, etc. Difficult to tell why this series is even set in Australia.

The story
Laura Rash
Aug 13, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a tad slow until about 1/2 way thru & I really enjoyed the fast paced ending. I like where this series could be heading from the ending on this one. Eager for book 4!
Scott
Feb 11, 2019 rated it liked it
“Liar Liar” is the third book in new series co-written by Patterson and Fox, featuring Harriet (“Harry”) Blue, a volatile female detective in Australia. I read the first book and didn’t really care for it as much as I wanted to. The premise wasn’t bad, but the delivery was sub-par in my opinion. I read the second book last year and thought it was better than the first one, but it was still not one of Patterson's better books.

The third outing starts off five weeks following Harriet’s brother,
Carol -  Reading Writing and Riesling
My View:
A year or so ago I went to a local book launch and met, in person, Candice Fox. I really admire her tenacity, her “writing story”, her enthusiasm and the opportunity she was just beginning to work on – the joint writing efforts with James Patterson. Bravo Candice! What a fabulous opportunity for you.

Candice spoke a little about the process of writing a co-written book – it was intriguing. After I have now read an example of this process
(Harriet Blue #3) the writing, two as one is
Melani
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was ok
I gave this two stars instead of one, because some of the cop dialogue was dead on and hilarious. However, I would not recommend it. The characters are unknowable as is the setting. I felt like I was banging on a postcard, trying to be let into the world it promised. Even the meant-to-be-terrifying-yet-brilliant serial killer was flat.
Blue
Jul 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing

For those that don’t know anything about James Patterson, where have you been? This guy is honestly my life. I started reading his books when I was a young teenager and I have grown up reading them and I will die reading his books. I would always day dream that Alex Cross was my awesome cool uncle, but that is a story for another time! Patterson is an honest to god GENIUS! I love him. Does my love for him effect my review? Nope. I always review honestly and even if my favourite author is on the
Debbie Lamb
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
Another satisfactory episode in the Harriet Blue collection. I love the heroine and the narration is just fabulous. My only criticism is the Regan Banks character seemed a little too unbelievable in terms of his tactical capabilities but other than that, great plot and the ending suggests more to come from this feisty, flawed cop.
Donna Hanes
May 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
Fooled again by Patterson, his name in large print on the cover, then co-author in small print at the bottom....
Calzean
I will be writing to GR asking for the ability to provide negative stars. This one would be reaping a big five star negative rating.
Carrie Lynn Hayton
Such a great a book. Loved it.
Carol
Aug 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Detective Harriet Blue returns in her biggest thriller yet in the instant New York Times bestseller. With her life on the life, Harriet has to do unspeakable things and making her a very good cop...gone very bad.

It's all because of one man, Regan Banks. He viciously killed the only person in the world who matters to Harriet--and he plans to kill her next.

As she recklessly speeds toward he dark side--and finally crosses it--Harriet won't stop until Regan pays for the many lives he has taken.
When
Kevin
Feb 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-read
3.5* rounded up because of the atmosphere.

This is atmospheric, and I perfectly enjoyed the psychological aspect of the story.

This I found harder than the previous two installments of the book because of the psychological edge carried out. Also I like the idea that the storyline on this series hasn't fully been closed on the lead character. There are hints to what future stories may end up going although there maybe alternative stories not hinted at.
Lori
Apr 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Thrilling read. I like Blue so much and her strength because of her weaknesses. Yes it's a little far fetched at times but I find it so exciting. There will be a new phase for Harriet coming I hope, along with her few friends.
Suzy
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Urg!! It can't end like that! Dang you, James Patterson!! There better be a sequel to this book.
Paula Dembeck
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the third installment in the Harriet Blue Series, a collaborative effort of James Patterson and Candice Fox. It picks up quickly from the last book following the death of Harriet’s brother Sam after he was attacked and stabbed in prison. The dreaded serial killer Regan Banks has taken the only person in the world that Harry loved and she desperately wants revenge for what he has done to her. She has decided that she will be the one to take him down, knowing if she commits this ...more
Donna
Feb 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In the previous two books, Detective Harriet (Harry) Blue has been banished to the Australian outback while her brother Sam has faced trial as a serial killer. Harry and Blue have always been close and Harry is about the only one who believed in his innocence. The real serial killer, Regan Banks, was exposed but Sam was killed in prison. Now Harry has been on the run for several weeks in her quest to kill Regan. She has crossed the line by assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest, theft, ...more
Jennifer Brown
Mar 02, 2019 rated it liked it
***SLIGHT SPOILER***

So I think the ending actually saved this book. I was a little bored with the Harriet/Regan story-line. This book has her going rogue on the law to hunt down her brother's killer (Regan). I honestly couldn't wait for one of them to die! Then the ending came along and I was hoping it would be the last book. It possibly could have been continued with maybe a novella talking about what happens with her in prison but then no more. I did read the synopsis for the next book and I
Debrac2014
Not as good as the previous stories! Harry has gone rogue and the cops are hunting for her more than they're trying to capture Regan! (view spoiler)
Goodreads Librari...: Book cover 14 19 Feb 24, 2019 09:10AM

• Redemption (Amos Decker, #5)
  • The Wedding Guest (Alex Delaware, #34)
  • One Good Deed
  • A Delicate Touch (Stone Barrington, #48)
  • Wild Card (Stone Barrington, #49)
  • Skin Game (Teddy Fay, #3)
  • Long Road to Mercy (Atlee Pine, #1)
  • Neon Prey (Lucas Davenport, #29)
  • Dark Tribute (Eve Duncan, #24)
  • The Big Kahuna (Fox and O'Hare #6)
  • Never Tell (Detective D.D. Warren #10)
  • The A List (Ali Reynolds, #14)
  • The Last Second (A Brit in the FBI, #6)
  • Contraband (Stone Barringto,n #50)
  • Run Away
  • The Never Game (Colter Shaw, #1)
  • Someone Knows
  • A Minute to Midnight (Atlee Pine, #2)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books

Detective Harriet Blue (4 books)
  • Never Never (Detective Harriet Blue, #1)
  • Fifty Fifty (Detective Harriet Blue, #2)
  • Hush Hush (Detective Harriet Blue, #4)
“If!” Tox spat. “If, if, if. You know how many miserable fucking losers have driven themselves into the ground trying to chase down ifs?” 0 likes
“of him clearing, or even being allowed to attempt, a compulsory police fitness test were practically nil. “They gave me a list of things I’m not allowed to eat,” he said.” 0 likes