Start by marking “Just Like Honey (Queen City Boys, #3)” as Want to Read:
Just Like Honey  (Queen City Boys, #3)

Just Like Honey

(Queen City Boys #3)

Can He Paint His Muse into 36 Views of Seattle?

Artist Ryan Ikedas domestic bliss shatters after an invitation to join a career-launching gallery show in 1990s Seattle. His artistic uncertainty and secret desires, dangerous as turpentine and flame, threaten to torch his bond with Ben, his handsome boyfriend and muse.

Suddenly, instability rocks every aspect of Ryans life:
Published December 15th 2017 by Jugum Press (first published December 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Just Like Honey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Just Like Honey

Start your review of Just Like Honey (Queen City Boys, #3)
Rafa Brewster
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Updated to include my full review from https://justlovereviews.com/
4.5 Stars

Just Like Honey proved to be a lush and absorbing read that lived up to its title it left a sweet taste in my mouth and a smile on my lips. Im a big fan of the authors Queen City Boys series, an unapologetic and unabashed love letter to the city of Seattle but I must say Bell has outdone themselves with this release, which pays tribute to the citys Asian American community as well as its arts scene.

The story takes place
True Loveislovereview
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018, lgbtq
The difficulties of a relationship are the main story here but there is so much more.... art, culture, friends, and families.

Their relationship isn't going well... more of a nose dive. No space or time to spend together, desperately trying to stick together but more of a feeling that they were slowly drifting apart.
They always had an open relationship, room for a third but somehow Ryan wants Ben to be his submissive but hes so afraid to open up. Bad and traumatic memories stop him, and
there is
Gillian
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing

(please see Rafa's review if you want something comprehensive and intelligent; otherwise keep reading)

Full disclosure: I was fortunate enough to be a beta-reader for this book so you can take that into consideration when you read this.

I really enjoyed this book a lot. I think what Ajax Bell has done with this series as a whole is really lovely because they've given each book in the trilogy a different vibe, but still connected them through the characters and the setting.

Ryan Ikeda is a
Jude Sierra
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book from the publisher in return for an honest revie.

4.5 stars.

This is a new to me author: when Annie and I received an inquiry about this ARC, I was sold hook, line and sinker, by the blurb.

Somehow this book was not quite what I expected, but who even cares because it was so. much. more. I really, intensely loved this one. The prose is beautiful. Bells take on Ben and Ryans open relationship was sweet and sexy and hit all the right notes. The fact that the lack
Katie
Advance Review Copy generously provided by the author via IndiGo Marketing & Design.
Review originally posted on BackPorchReader.com

The books in this series, The Queen City Boys, are bittersweet and authentic glimpses into the days of a semi-recent yesteryear. A time, for me, that feels not so long ago. They span the 80s, into the 90s and the era of power ballads. Andthats kind of what they are, grunge-streaked love songs and heart-rending odes to a place and time when the last strands of
Terri Jones
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a great story. The five stars are for the author who created it, for her wisdom in seeking help writing about an artist, and about a ethnicity not her own (there's a bibliography at the end). I loved Ryan and I adored Ben and it was neat to see the other characters through Ryan's eyes - just the sort of mix you want in a series. This whole series has been great. But this one is my favorite; I am a sucker for artists.

That said... I'm distrustful of this publisher. The many typos are bad
Mainely Stories
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Do not be put off by what might seem like a slow start because you will soon be captured by the need to understand Ryan's needs and motivations. This is truly much more than a story about a man who seems to have lost his way both with his relationship and his career. Reading Just Like Honey caused me to have a whopper of a book hangover.
There is so much more than you anticipate and the journey the reader takes is both unexpected and beautiful.
Ryan knows that he is a talented artist but he is
Mari  Cardenas
4 Stars!

When I requested this book, I failed to read the part where it features an open relationship between the MCs, so even if it's not my cup of tea, I forged forward and read it, even if I don't really understand the concept, so I will not get into that and try not to let my thoughts on the matter color my review other than in this paragraph.

Ryan and Ben were very likable and relatable, for the most part. They had great chemistry and they seemed to fit well together, despite the fact that
Kim
Jan 31, 2018 rated it liked it

I really enjoyed the story and the characters. Both main characters were flawlessly sweet, and despite their obvious issues as a couple they seemed solid in their relationship. I loved the passion I felt from an artists point of view as I read this. In many ways it's described just as I imagine it to be. 5 stars on that aspect for me.

I am not sure why, but I had a hard time figuring out Ben. I read about Ben
Stacey Jo
ARC received from author via indigo marketing and design in exchange for an honest review.

I enjoyed this book, although at first I felt it dragged a bit and I had a hard time getting into the story. I persevered though and what I found was a colorful story full of diverse characters in a very interesting setting. The author did a great job at immersing the reader in the Seattle art scene. It was interesting reading about the art in the story too and seeing them in the studio. It added to the
Tori
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
Ajax Bell is definitely an author to watch for me. I was completely smitten with this trilogy, and this book didn't disappoint.

Just Like Honey proves you can tell a compelling romance story about two people who are already in a committed relationship. I really loved Ryan and Ben, and their open relationship. I thought the balance between communication and misunderstanding was handled really well. Some things may have been resolved if they could have talked sooner, but I really understood why it
Susan Anne
Jan 04, 2018 rated it liked it
I received a copy of Just Like Honey by Ajax Bell via IndiGo Marketing & Design in exchange for an honest review. There was much I liked about the book. I enjoyed the authors paeans to Seattle, the close look at the main character Ryans artistic thoughts and processes, and the sensitive rendering of the Asian experience in Seattle (with a bibliography at the end). What turned out to be a dealbreaker was an important plot line that was not mentioned in the synopsis, something with which I ...more
Rita
Nov 25, 2018 rated it liked it
As good as these books are, I was ready to move on.
terry stanford
rated it did not like it
Dec 27, 2017
Lisa Merlino
May 14, 2018
Xan West
Review to come.

Content Warnings: (view spoiler)
Jenny
Jan 04, 2018
M
Feb 04, 2018

• Boyfriend Material
  • Soul to Keep (Rented Heart, #2)
  • Hearsay (Bylaws, #1)
  • Enlightened (Enlightenment, #3)
  • Pictures of You  (‘90s Coming of Age, #1)
  • You Are Not Me ('90s Coming of Age, #2)
  • Înflori
  • Bonds of Earth
  • The Backup Boyfriend (The Boyfriend Chronicles, #1)
  • Two Natures
  • Strange Bedfellows
  • Perfect
  • Violence Begets...
  • Above All (Jasper Swinton, #1)
  • A Note in the Margin (A Note in the Margin, #1)
  • End of the Trail (End Of The Trail, #1)
  • Hunted
  • Tattoos & Teacups (Tattoos, #1)
A Seattle native, Ajax Bell writes queer fiction, including the Queen City Boys books, an interrelated series of standalone stories. Spanning four decades in Seattle, Queen City Boys tells the explicit adventures of an eclectic group of gay friends as they find their way through the ends and beginnings of their most important relationships.

According to Ajax the best thing in life is a perfect

Queen City Boys (3 books)
  • This Charming Man (Queen City Boys, #1)
  • Bad Reputation (Queen City Boys, #2)