Start by marking “Debunking the Bump: What the Data Really Says About Pregnancy's 165 Biggest Risks and Myths” as Want to Read:

Stay away from sushi! Cut out caffeine! Get rid of your cat! Step away from the microwave!

Pregnant women are bombarded with "risk factors" they must avoid from the moment the stick turns pink. Heroic mothers-to-be sacrifice their favorite foods and activities for the sake of their baby, but with such long lists of "don'ts" and conflicting information, it is easy to feel
Published April 1st 2018 by Familius

To ask other readers questions about Debunking the Bump, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Debunking the Bump

Start your review of Debunking the Bump: What the Data Really Says About Pregnancy's 165 Biggest Risks and Myths
Becca
May 25, 2019 rated it liked it
This is the same basic idea as Expecting Better, but Expecting Better is better written. I did find this book useful as sort of a second opinion, though - there were a few things where the authors reached different conclusions, which was slightly frustrating but encouraged me to do more research myself about those things.
Kate
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
True health lessons can be hard to find in an age when everyone can go online and post content and claim that they are the #1 experts in their field. How do you sort out trends from fact? Luckily, Daphne has done the research for anyone who wants to minimize uncertainty in their quest for a healthy pregnancy! Turns out, you may not have to give up your daily cup of coffee for a healthy baby... spread the word, and share this book with any soon-to-be-moms that you know to make their lives easier!
Debbie Vignovic
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I read the whole thing but I can imagine many pregnant women and new moms using this book as a go-to must-have reference book. It helped me to more completely understand various myths and beliefs that surround childbirth. I like to give up to accurate advice to women I teach and this book is at my side.
For the record my edition has a yellow cover but I can't find that edition on Goodreads.
Yiqian
Lostchick
Jun 07, 2019
Jessica Goodenough
Jul 18, 2019

• Expecting Better: Why the Conventional Pregnancy Wisdom is Wrong - and What You Really Need to Know
  • Bringing Up Bébé: One American Mother Discovers the Wisdom of French Parenting
  • Birth Without Fear: The Judgment-Free Guide to Taking Charge of Your Pregnancy, Birth, and Postpartum
  • The Happiest Baby on the Block: The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Newborn Baby Sleep Longer
  • Ina May's Guide to Childbirth
  • Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
  • We're Pregnant! The First Time Dad's Pregnancy Handbook
  • Like a Mother: A Feminist Journey Through the Science and Culture of Pregnancy
  • What to Expect When You're Expecting
  • Your Healthy Pregnancy with Thyroid Disease: A Guide to Fertility, Pregnancy, and Postpartum Wellness
  • Brain Health From Birth
  • The First-Time Mom's Pregnancy Handbook: A Week-By-Week Guide from Conception Through Baby's First 3 Months
  • The Panic-Free Pregnancy: An OB-GYN Separates Fact from Fiction on Food, Exercise, Travel, Pets, Coffee, Medications, and Concerns You Have When You Are Expecting
  • Breaking Free: How I Escaped My Father-Warren Jeffs-Polygamy, and the FLDS Cult
  • Cribsheet: A Data-Driven Guide to Better, More Relaxed Parenting, from Birth to Preschool
  • Devious Lies (Cruel Crown, #1)
  • The Fifth Trimester: The Working Mom's Guide to Style, Sanity, and Big Success After Baby
Daphne Adler holds an undergraduate degree in theoretical mathematics from Harvard College and an MBA from Harvard Business School, and has spent her professional career working in management consulting. She grew up in Norwich, Vermont, and now lives in London with her husband and three young children.