Start by marking “Marrying Mr Valentine” as Want to Read:
Marrying Mr Valentine

Marrying Mr Valentine

(One Month Til I Do #2)

Nadine Roberts smiles for everyone, but beneath it she hides a heartbreaking past that only a few know about. Throwing herself into her new career; wedding planner at The Duck & Goose, a property recently purchased by newlyweds Florence and Hugh, has helped distract her from her loneliness.

When a teary bride suddenly cancels her upcoming wedding Nadine look
199 pages

To ask other readers questions about Marrying Mr Valentine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marrying Mr Valentine

Start your review of Marrying Mr Valentine
Kim ~ It’s All About the Thrill
I can't tell you how much I loved this book!!! What a perfect book to read just before Valentine's Day. I literally could not put this down until I devoured the whole thing. This is such a fun, feel good read I got completely swept away with it.

Nadine is a wedding planner at The Duck and Goose and she is damn good at her job. So good in fact that there is two year wait to get married there. Nadine is the star of the book for sure. She reminds me a bit of a Bridgett Jones type of girl
DJ Sakata
My Rating:

4.5

Favorite Quotes:

Where the hell did she find him? He’s like a sexy Viking… He could be a model, but I doubt he is. He looks too manly to want to prance around in his underwear. What a shame for the UK population of women… he could be a lumberjack with a body like that. I’d watch him take down a tree any day.

It’s so different being in a high school compared to the old primary school I used to work in. I actually feel self-conscious. I walk past a g
Siobhan
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Marrying Mr Valentine is the second book in Laura Barnard’s One Month Til I Do series, and I enjoyed this one even more than the first. Book one was enjoyable, but this one seemed to have an extra spark.

Following one of the characters introduced to us in Adventurous Proposal, Marrying Mr Valentine gives us more of the characters we got to know and love in the first book. Although this one has just as many laugh out loud moments, it also has a more serious undertone to it. There’s a h
Chitra Iyer
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marrying Mr Valentine by Laura Barnard is a light and lovely tale of romance between two individuals under some demanding circumstances. This is my second time reading the author’s books and I have, once again, enjoyed the breeziness in her writing. A casual, yet tantalizing description of warm, romantic emotions that is always welcome!

Nadine Roberts is a wedding planner who always prioritizes other’s feelings while hiding away her own pain. Although, she has endured a lot, she puts
Brina (Brina and the Books)
3 Stars

Read full review here: Brina and the Books

I really enjoyed getting to know Nadine. Her job as a wedding planner sounds amazing and a dream come true for every girl. Who wouldn't like to plan and organize dream weddings - well, unless you have a client named Clara Blumenkrantz.
I really loved Nadine for her authenticity. She was real, honest, awkward, fun, sensible. She was someone to identify with. Even though she let the world believe she had her life figured out, she hadn't. And th
Claire - The Coffeeholic Bookworm
Nadine Roberts is a perfectionist. She plans and manages weddings of the century and has garnered countless recognition because of her and her team's expertise. When a last minute change opens a spot for Clara Blumenkrantz and Hartley Valentine's wedding, she's in for the biggest and most challenging wedding preparation in her life.

Hartley teaches drama in high school and he puts his heart and soul into it. I just love a man who knows drama and has passion with his work. I wasn't at
Diane (Books and Tequila Blog)
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romcom, bat, arc, 3-5-stars
Marrying Mr Valentine was my first book by this author. It is a RomCom that is cute and fun and funny. It is one of those that goes a bit OTT to be funny, with tons of “potty” humor. Several comic situations arise around ... periods, diarrhea, dog poop, barfing, etc.

The story is not just all about fun and games, though. Nadine, a highly regarded wedding planner, helps others make their wedding day special while she hides her own discontentment.

“What if you were happy enough before and then som
ItaPixie
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars

Look at that cover is so gorgeous I want to hug it.

I like to go into Laura Barnard's books blind.I never read her blurbs because I already know she will deliver a good story filled with humour and sweetness but with this story she succeded to surprise me.

I usually don't like this kind of trope,the heroine being interested to an engaged man, but I adored Nadine and reading about her past and present vicissitude made me wish the best for her.

Copy kindly provided by the

Erren
Jan 30, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn’t want to put this down! Really enjoyed it. Laura never fails to write books that suck you right in.

I absolutely loved Nadine and the relationships she built within the story. I enjoyed reading about how she supports Anna.

Overall a very good book! Definitely recommend for a nice easy read.
Amanda
Feb 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
[I received a digital arc for an honest review]

Marrying Mr. Valentine by Lauren Barnard is a great valentines' day romantic comedy!

Nadine is great at her job as a wedding planner. She puts all her focus into her job and caring for others to distract from her painful past and current sadness. When her newest clients include a charming handsome man and a cold rude woman she knows she has her work cut out for her. This is an important wedding but what is she to do when the groom isn't happy about the wedding, and she finds her self careview]
Marrying
Jade Simcox (3 Degrees Of Fiction)
So I read Adventours Proposal (the first book in the series) and really enjoyed it so when this one came along I jumped at the chance to read it.
This book is about Nadine, she's had some heart break in her past. Now she's wedding planning.
But the Hartley and his fiance Clara are the next couple to have their wedding planned. A wedding that's happening in a months time.
But Nadine and Hartley start to spend more time together and get to know each other. You can see that Hartley isn't thrilled a
Julissa
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was the perfect romance to get me in the Valentine's day mood. I absolutely loved the story line, I had never read anything like it. Our main character, Nadine, is a wedding planner with a traumatic past that still haunts her. She spends her days planning other peoples happily ever after, while dealing with anxiety and depression. When a bride calls to cancel her wedding Nadine has to call in the next couple on the waiting list. And so begins this beautiful romance that will jerk at yo ...more
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
Laura Barnard writes funny, light-hearted stories, well usually she does. This one is certainly funny at times, poignant at others and deals with some difficult subjects in a sensitive way.

Nadine is a wedding planner and has been told that her latest, quick turn around couple have to be treated with kid gloves. Which is fine, except the bride is a demanding bride from hell and the groom a hunk! Things don't go to plan.

Nadine is funny if a little gross at times, she hides
Sistersreviewingbooks
I had been looking for a rom-com book to read for one of our #febchallenge books being its Valentine’s Day and all. I’m so glad Laura Barnard contacted us to have us read and review her book, Marrying Mr. Valentine. In a few words, I really enjoyed reading this book. It was an easy, breezy read and if you are looking for something to get you in the mood for love or to believe in love (again), give this one a shot. It’s available free of charge on Kindle Unlimited. If you don’t subscribe, it’s a ...more
Messy Bun Book Blog
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! I am new to Laura Barnard, but I cannot wait to read the first book in this series! I really enjoyed this quirky Rom-Com! Great characters in a story that pulled me in from the first page!
Caroline
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book, funny, sexy and romantic. Have enjoyed all of Laura's books, she has a great style of writing. Can definitely recommend!
Nicole Emerald Book Reviews  McCurdy
Marrying Mr. Valentine by Laura Barnard

4.5* review by Nicole @ emerald book reviews

My reading habits have slowed down considerably in the past few weeks, I’m honestly not sure if it’s from being so busy or from having no desire to read as the last couple of books I’ve read have failed to make any sort of impression on me.  I tend to go through stages like this but this week I managed to get my grubby little mits on an early copy of Laura Barnard’s Marrying Mr.
Victoria Robinson
I would like to thank Laura for reaching out to me to ask if I would like to review a copy of her short story in time for Valentines day, I will be honest, when I first read the synopsis I was a little unsure- I'm sure you will understand why, but I am so glad I decided to take Laura up on the offer as this novel is about so much more than what we see in the synopsis- forget “never judge a book by its cover” I may start going by “never judge a book by its synopsis".

Nadine is a very r
Sole Dl
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marrying Mr. Valentine

I was given an ARC in Exchange of an honest opinion. This was my first book by Laura Bernard, and I’m honestly amazed at her wits. This book makes you laugh, cry and even get mad.

The story told is about a Nadine, an ex-teacher that dedicates her days to planning perfect weddings for strangers.

Through her job she met Hartley and Clara, who’s Hugh’s cousin. At first impression and because of the way Clara acts and treats everyone around her
Christie72
Wow!!! What a read from Laura Barnard! Even though this a part of a series, it can be read as a standalone. This is Nadine’s story. Oh my goodness, what a story she has to tell! Nadine is a top wedding planner, and she pours everything she has into her job. When she has a cancellation, she calls the next couple, Clara Blumenkrantz and Hartley Valentine. She has no idea what complications this couple will bring into her life, both professionally and personally.

Nadine is a perfectionis
Maria "Rosie" Poli
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marrying Mr Valentine Laura Barnard

Nadine is a teacher turned wedding planner. As a wedding planner Nadine is organized and she seems to have everything under control. But, deep down there is sadness and she wants more. She works with her best friend, Hugh, who owns the venue; which happens to have a very long waiting list.

The story starts with a bride canceling her wedding and Nadine makes a call to another bride from the list: Clara and her fiancée. Nadine’s description of Mr. (Hartley) V
Keren Hughes
Apr 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m sat here crying like a newborn baby, so excuse me while I go off in search of some tissues and an ounce of self control...I’ll be back...

What can I say about Marrying Mr Valentine?

It’s the first book I’ve read by Laura Barnard (and I feel kind of ashamed saying that, like I should have read her books sooner). I didn’t really know what to expect, but was extremely happy with what I found. It was funny, cleverly written, engaging... I connected to the characters (I think it would
Joanne
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2018
Nadine Roberts has worked tirelessly over the last year to put The Duck and Goose on the map as the place to get married for her best friends Hugh and Flo, winning the pub the converted award as one of the Best Wedding venues of 2017. Working hard to make every couples wedding perfect has been helping Nadine mask her own heartbreak, until now. Her latest couple to get ready to walk down the aisle are Hugh’s cousin Clara Blumenkrantz and Hartley Valentine. Clara can only be described as a “bitch” ...more
Claire Thake
Wow this book! I’m am seriously hooked on anything written by Laura Barnard! Her writing style flows so easily and I honestly feel as if I know her characters personally as friends, which makes her books so much more enjoyable than just a story. Laura has a way of making this story both heartfelt and funny at the same time.

In Adventurous Proposal we meet Flo and Hugh and their crazy plan to get married a month after they meet, and the story continues in Marrying Mr Valentine, only with Flo’s be
Nicola
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The lovely Laura sent me an e-copy of Marrying Mr Valentine just in time for Valentine’s Day and I can tell you it did not disappoint.

Nadine is a 32 year old wedding planner living back at her parents after suffering a terrible tragedy 3 years ago. She is dedicated to her job and loves helping prepare the dream wedding for the couples she meets. With a last minute cancellation at the prestigious Duck and Goose venue coming up she decides to make one couple extremely happy.

Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Feb 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love this book! It is a clever blend of romance and romcom, really making the book one that kept me completely captivated. I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know the main characters Better, after having met Nadine in the first book. She had such a brilliant personality and her flaws were so easy to connect with, making me love the book all the more.

I loved the overall story and found that Barnard put the perfect amount of giggles, flaws and building romance to really give
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Amusing Chaotic and heartbreaking

I enjoyed this story by Laura. It was funny, chaotic and heartbreaking all at the same time. It is the story of Nadine Roberts, a woman who has gone from teaching five year olds t being a successful wedding planner. Her ife isn't wasnt all a bed of roses though, she was still suffering from a tragic event that occurred three years prior.

Hartley Valentine, boy was that man frustrating, he was also very hot. There was just one problem though - he's th
S
Jan 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was such a delightful read. It was lighthearted, witty and so charming. I enjoyed this book to the bits. Ms Barnard has an impeccable witty sense of humor and epic timing.

“What if you were happy enough before and then something comes along to make you realise happy enough is not as happy as you want to be?”

Nadine Roberts is a kind hearted and detailed oriented wedding planner and she meets Hartley Valentine while planning his wedding to the tasteless and self centere
Mia
Feb 16, 2019 rated it liked it

ARC REVIEW

It hasn’t been long since San Valentine’s Day and I am sure you are still hungover from all the loves so here is a nice sweet treat for you.

‘Marrying Mr Valentine’ is a book from a ‘new to me author’ and I am not in the least disappointed.

This book is quick, full of laugh-out-loud-until-you-snort moments, moments you usually don’t find in the book and that are so hilarious you will have to read them over and over again just to wrap your head around i
Linda Barrett
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Marrying Mr Valentine is a wonderful 4.5 star book that will leave you with a massive book hangover.
I absolutely love Laura Barnard's books as she always gives me the witty banter and laugh out loud romantic comedy I crave.
This book gives you all the feels but it also touches some more delicate issues that I thought were very well written.
This book had me laughing out loud and shedding a few tears whilst reading it.
I binge read it in one afternoon as I needed to know what happ
« previous 1 3 next »

• Road Trip
  • Hold on to Hope
  • The Living Canvas (Master of Trickery Duet, #2)
  • Landon & Shay: Part One (L&S Duet, #1)
  • Gone for You (Sixth Street Bands, #1)
  • Just Exes (Blue Beech, #3)
  • Sexcation
  • Whiskey Lullaby
  • Confessions of a Klutz (Confessions, #1)
  • Only When It's Love
  • The (Half) Truth
  • Burning Up Flint (Cyborg Seduction, #1)
  • Try Me (One Night with Sole Regret, #1)
  • Malum: Part 1 (Elite Kings Club, #4)
  • Wicked (Rock Me, #1)
  • Whiskey Lullaby (Love Songs, #1)
  • The Road Leads Back (Stonehill #1)
  • Breathless With Her (Less Than, #1)
Laura Barnard lives in Hertfordshire, UK and writes romantic comedy or 'chick lit' as its so often described. In her spare time she enjoys drinking her body weight in tea, indulging in cupcakes the size of her face and drooling over hunks like Jamie Dornan, Ryan Gosling and Leo Dicaprio.

She enjoys wearing yoga pants and reading fitness magazines while sitting on the sofa eating chocolate. S

One Month Til I Do (2 books)
  • Adventurous Proposal