Start by marking “A Soft Kiss in Winter (Silver Falls, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Soft Kiss in Winter (Silver Falls, #1)

A Soft Kiss in Winter

(Silver Falls #1)

Running away from home to marry the man she thought was the love of her life should have been the happy ending Victoria Stanford expected it to be, but things rarely work out as one plans. When her husband suddenly dies and leaves her stranded in the middle of nowhere, alone and scared, she thinks she’s saved when she sees three men headed her way. Relief turns to fear whe ...more
Published November 16th 2017

To ask other readers questions about A Soft Kiss in Winter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Soft Kiss in Winter

Start your review of A Soft Kiss in Winter (Silver Falls, #1)
Lori D
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wounded souls bound to be together. A moment in time that changes the outcome of two lives. What a heartwarming and sometimes teary story that tugs at the heart. Victoria Stanford thought life would be wonderful when she married the man she loved. But as fate takes a hand her husband dies and leaves her stranded in the mountains of Montana. Looking for help she is accosted by men who try to harm her and screams for help. Her cry is heard by Gideon Hart, a man alone inside and out who has stayed ...more
Linda A. Harris
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great start to a new series

I have read all of this author's books in the Willow Creek series and all of them were terrific.

But I believe this book tops all of them.

Gideon saves a woman in the middle of nowhere, stranded in wagon in the winter. A woman who had no experience in wilderness survival.

He hears her screams and saves her. The longer he is with Victoria, the more he desires her.

But will she still want to be with him if she knew of his shameful
past? And can she love him enough to abandon
Clara E Hisaw
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved It

Once I started the book, couldn't put it down. Was so afraid Gideon was gonna let her get away. Enjoyed it to the very end.

Evelyn Amaral
Jul 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it!

First book I've read by the writer & I'm eager for more! The plot is exciting & has action enough to keep you reading. The H & h do go back & forth in their pursuit of each other's affections. The minor characters are interesting. The dastardly villains are hateful. There are a few steamy scenes appropriate to the plot. Well written.
Jun 26, 2020 rated it did not like it
The storyline may be fine eventually (sometimes boring and repetitive), but grammar is shamefully poor!!! You'll find you're father instead of your father, she's been beat instead of she's been beaten, and many many other unforgivable mistakes (too many!) ...more
Linda Hurley
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Yummy Romance

Victoria Stanford is stranded in snowy Montana when her husband dies. Luckily she is rescued by the sexy Gideon. Gideon has his own heart breaking story to keep you riveted .

Great book and I look forward to reading the next in the series.
Michele
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The libidos of two injured people defied reality. Within a few hours of a life threatening injury, the hero was only feeling turned on by the heroine. Give me a break. Add to that a weak semi hysterical flower suddenly becomes She-ra pulling the hero to safety while carrying two packs. Incredible. This caused me to abandon the book. Finally went back to read the ending thinking I might give this a chance. No spoilers but the end did not compensate.
S.C. Lehman
Characteristic Grayson

Having read Willow Creek, Silver Falls has all the same enjoyment & endearing characters Grayson has created. Only complaint is the grammatical errors. Many times a preposition was missing, the tense switched, and one paragraph was written in first POV instead of third. These really distracted from the plot. A good editorial cleanup would change this to a 4 star review (withholding the 5 because some of Willow Creek is better).
Lisa
Apr 05, 2018 rated it did not like it
This book started out exciting and captured you right away. The setting is in beautiful, rugged Montana during the rough winter time on the side of a mountain..... Then it started to become too explicit and ruined it for me - I quit reading it. That is unfortunate because it could have been a good read otherwise.

I did give it a 3 star only because I enjoyed the setting in Montana. It could have been so good if it was kept “cleaner” it’s to bad.
Marlene
Nov 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Victoria ran away to marry her Thomas; big mistake. She was young and seeking adventure, she made a bad choice. When Gideon Hart came into her life, she was a widow, being beaten by brutal men and needing help. I enjoyed this story and the way the author described the mountain, visualized the waterfalls and talked about life in an old cabin. Thanks for a wonderful tale.
Barbara
May 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stranded

Stranded on a mountain side, and nearly beaten, Gideon rescues Victoria. For days they walk to his secluded cabin and when disaster after disaster recalls them and his unwillingness to share his last gets in the way, it seems that all is forsaken.
Kathy Shatzer
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this book

Ms.Graison has a hit with this one she always tells the best stories! This one won’t disappoint either ! What a way to start a series of books! Be sure to get this one!! Silver falls is a great series can’t wait for more!
Mary M.
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Soft kiss in winter.

I really enjoyed the couple in this book. Can't wait for the next one. I like that it goes into the Willow creek series
Lesia Chambliss
This story will take you on an adventure you won't forget. You may shed some tears, but of course there is a happily ever after ending. I will keep this book on my to be read again shelf! ...more
L.A. Casey
Feb 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A Soft Kiss In Winter is a beautifully written gem.
A :)
really bad and really boring with pathetic conflict.
David J. Moss
Feb 22, 2022 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
very nice read

Loved the storyline, very fitting. Ended as anticipated but nice just the same. Looking forward to book two and more
Toni
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivating

I say here and read it in one sitting. I enjoyed the dynamic between them, and the suspense kept it just right. Nothing too far fetched, wonderfully written.
Michelle
Mar 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful, angsty.....loved it!
Cheryl
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First book I’ve read from this author. I really enjoyed it and plan to read more.
Barbara R. Cady
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my!!!!

Lily never fails to write a beautiful story!!!! The characters are marvelous and there is a lot of action and romance. Can't wait for the series to continue!!!!
Tatianna Bluel
Very cute.
But also how bad Gideon must have smelled good lawd. Like you do you, Victoria…but I could never.
Lori Martin
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good romance read.
Mysterious

A Soft Kiss In Winter is a beautiful written treasure. The landscape descriptions, and character development, was spot on. I cannot wait for the next instalment.
Pauline Metivier
Jan 02, 2018
Caj
Dec 17, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Beautiful Bad Man (Sutton Family, #1)
  • Moonshine
  • Cold Hearted (Tooth & Claw, #1)
  • Without Words
  • The Inheritance
  • In Want of a Wife (Bitter Springs #3)
  • Dylan's Memories: Epilogue for the Evans Family Saga
  • The Protector (Men of the North, #1)
  • The Milch Bride (Western Wives, #1)
  • Alwen's Dream: Book Six of the Evans Family Saga
  • Wicked Ugly Bad (A Kinda Fairytale, #1)
  • Demon Lover
  • How the Marquess Was Won (Pennyroyal Green, #6)
  • The Midwinter Mail-Order Bride (Mail-Order Brides, #4)
  • A Taste Of Heaven
  • Cap Tyler
  • Night in Eden
  • Receiver of Many (Hades & Persephone, #1)
Lily Graison is a USA TODAY bestselling author of historical western romances. She also writes a variety of genres under the name L. R. Grasion. Most all of her stories lean heavily to the spicy side with strong female leads and heroes who tend to always get what they want. On occasion, she can be found penning ‘sweet’ romances with chaste kisses and wholesome values. Ever a romantic, she believes ...more

Silver Falls (2 books)
  • A Soft Kiss in Spring (Silver Falls, #2)