Start by marking “Black & Blue” as Want to Read:
Black & Blue

Black & Blue

Trouble seems to follow me everywhere. No doubt accepting a ride from a sexy, fierce biker on a rainy night seems like another bad move. Except this one desperate leap of faith brings Declan into my life.

From unreadable machine to possessive lover, he challenges me to want more.

Can I finally throw off the shackles of my tough life and embrace the promise of a good man?

Blac
Published November 9th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Black & Blue, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black & Blue

Deborah
Nov 09, 2017 rated it liked it

3.5*

Adam found himself in an impossible situation his pimp Leto made sure he never made enough money to escape the life he was trapped in.
Adam is unskilled and uneducated and he’s drowning in his life with no way out and so he runs. By the time he meets Declan he’s homeless, starving and desperate and he must be desperate since he actually decides to rob the huge Biker.
Luckily for Adam it turns out that Declan is a huge softie with a heart of gold who’s attracted to the beaten and ragged youth w
Lyn
39% giving up. I was expecting raw, edgy, gritty read but that's not what I'm getting so I'm moving on.
Truuss
Nov 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, m-m
A big bearded biker Declan who saves the beaten up 20 year old Adam. Adam has nothing, is hungry, sad and very lonely. Declan owns a restaurant and has a whole biker family. There is one policy DADT. Adam has no one who cares about him. So when the biker says to step on behind him....
Declan takes him in. He can help at the restaurant after his body is healed. They fall for each other (a bit too fast for the story in my opinion)

Declan don't want Adam confusing his own feelings toward Declan with
Tristan
Sep 22, 2018 rated it liked it
3~3.5/5

It was a fine book. Not a lot of complexity, but it works for the plot I guess.
Cee Brown
*✫)
.•.•*)✯ .•*)
✮ (.•✶ (.•4.5 stars

"For the first time in my life, I'm chasing something I actually care about catching."~Declan

I hate calling a book sweet, but that is just what this was. A sweet, growth and development book. I adored Adam and loved the gruffy Declan. These two complimented each other. With age between them, this was really never a factor. Adam was a former rent boy down on his luck when he tried robbing Declan and his life changed. Declan was a bad boy biker who lived his life
Megan
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, mm-bi, sexy, romantic
Such a short story but filled with so much goodness. A good man, good sexual tension, good flow. Declan is a grouchy badass biker, Adam is essentially a starved, scraggly, drowned rat. How these two find a future? Well, an attempted mugging and a dry, warm place to sleep is what starts it.

After reading the synopsis I was just assuming that there would be Adam in need of a ride somewhere and then Declan would offer. Well, maybe not as simple and boring as that sounds, but that would be the basic
Bobo's Book Bank
BLACK AND BLUE is a M/M contemporary romance between a bad boy, MC member (Declan) and the down-on-his luck, younger man he rescues (Adam). This one was three stars for me and here's why. The blurb was intriguing enough to catch my attention and I definitely liked the premise of this story. I mean, I always enjoy reading about the big, bad possessive alpha falling like a tree for their "one true love"! And I realize that the book is more novella in length but I really, really wanted MORE! I kind ...more
Sarita Chapdelaine
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! It is beautifully written, engaging and the characters are so real. Everything about Black & Blue worked for me and I could not put it down. The best thing about this was that the considerable age difference between the characters was not a big deal. It was part of the story but it did not cause any angst. Adam had a horrible life until he met Declan and it takes him time to realize he is finally safe and cared for. Declan grew up in foster homes and was helped out by a bik ...more
Sara
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the premise of this book. Adam on the run and down on his luck is rescued by Declan. Declan is there to offer a helping hand. While he is attracted to Adam, he is cautious about Adam's feelings for him. He is concerned that Adam feels indebted and not truly in love with Declan. I enjoyed all of the characters interactions. I particularly enjoyed the scenes with Declan's ex-wife and how accepting she is of Declan's choice for a partner. Though something was missing for me in the chemistry ...more
Esther Alayeto
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this story. It's a beautiful and emotional love story. Awesome storyline that pulled me in right from the beginning and kept me glued to my kindle until the very end. I could not put it down. Adam and Declan are both incredible characters that I fell in love with instantly. I love how Declan is a rough and tough biker but so sweet and understanding with Adam. Adam is an emotional mess, always used to rejection but as Declan helps him, he also helps Declan "come out" to his kids and his bi ...more
Kevin
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Mix a burly biker and a sexy former rent boy and what do you get? Read this book and find out! When this unlikely pair manage to get together it is a slow simmering fire.... It takes a while but they do find out they desire and need one another to mend what is wrong with them both. It is a good read and the characters are really likeable.
Mary
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2018
This is a new author me. I loved the book; it was sweet but not nauseatingly sweet. I did not find it to be either an "insta-love". Nice plot line. I liked the dialogue between Adam and Declan. I the way the author writes the sentence structure, the word usage, and the imagination. I would recommend this book for an entertaining and enjoyable read.
Fujosan
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute story

I really liked the characters ... all of them. None of them seemed over the top. I would have expected a little more difficulty with the MC when coming out but other than that great story.
Kristy Maitz
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Surprisingly mostly for me of course, the chosen story plot was more pulling then expected. Both main characters Adam and Declan are more then interesting. So, my time spend on that book was satisfying.
John-Torleif  Harris
Ok

Declan and Adam ended up being a very sweet couple together, but I had a hard time suspending my disbelief at the decisions that almost every character in this book made. Nobody actually thinks like these people!
Lori
Dec 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Meggie
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: family, drama, romance
What a beautiful story. A story which has mix of sweet romance and hot sex. At the end we even got a realistic HEA. So in overall, great work by the author!
Grea Morgensohn
Cathy  Cartwright
Dec 14, 2017
Terri
Nov 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Adam was running from life as an abused rent boy, and Declan was enjoying finally making his own life decisions. They met in a crazy way, and Declan became Adam's unlikely hero, but they soon understood and supported each other better than anyone else. At different times, the story was sad, funny, humorous, frustrating, and - mostly - hopeful. I laughed at the aging MC members and Abbott the greyhound; and Declan's ex-wife and kids were great. I appreciated the epilogue. Overall, I just really l ...more
Samantha Kelling
Dec 02, 2017
gaynor chepta
Jun 04, 2018
Living in Indiana with my three sweet sons, three wacky cats, one super mom (and her ugly dog), I love cats, 1970s rock, Call of Duty, and sitcoms canceled before their time.

I also write M/F contemporary romance as Bijou Hunter.