Start by marking “Sky's the Limit (Doomsday Preppers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sky's the Limit (Doomsday Preppers, #1)

Sky's the Limit

(Doomsday Preppers #1)

Tired of waiting for her big break in the fashion industry, Sky Gonzalez, eternal part-time student and overworked retail drone, quits her job, sublets her New York apartment, and embarks on a semester abroad study program in Paris. Paris! Time to throw caution to the winds and jump-start her dreams. What’s the worst that could happen?

How about getting sent to the wrong P
Published January 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Sky's the Limit, please sign up.
Elle Aycart No, Alec and Megan are from an upcoming novella, Doomsday Preppers 0.5.
Kisses, Elle…more
No, Alec and Megan are from an upcoming novella, Doomsday Preppers 0.5.
Kisses, Elle(less)

Start your review of Sky's the Limit (Doomsday Preppers, #1)
Eve (Between The Bookends)
DNF at 50%

description

This book started off really great. It was funny. It had quirky side characters. The two main characters were very likable. I thought for sure I had 4 or 5 Star read in my hands. But after two solid hours of reading, I was ONLY at 27% and bored. NOTHING was happening. It was SO DAMN WORDY. I stuck it out for ANOTHER two hours, but it wasn't getting any better.

This had the potential to be so very good had the author done away with a lot of the unnecessary details. For instance, I didn'
Claire Robinson
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: shit-hot-series
5 - "You aren't from anywhere around here, are you..?" Stars!

One thing you can guarantee with a read from Elle Aycart is that it’s going to be nothing like you have ever read before, and once again she delivers that with Sky’s the Limit.

I cannot say enough positive things about Sky and Logan’s story, it is literally like nothing I have ever read before, from that start where Sky finds herself stranded in the town of no-name with a nasty case of the flu, which brings the neighbors calling dressed
Nicola
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
What a fabulous way to pop my Elle Aycart cherry! Beards, brains and bunkers—three words I never thought I’d say together but that’s just a smattering of what you can expect from a story that’s smart, hilarious and brings some verra sexy shenanigans between a couple who are seemingly complete opposites.

description

On the surface the scenario has been done before—naïve city girl, stranded in her heels in a snowstorm and rescued by a gruff brooding man. And you will never hear any complaints from me when it c
Catarina
4 Doomsday Stars

After realizing that her new job was not in Paris (France) but instead in snowy Paris (Minnesota), Sky finds herself in the middle of a snow blizzard with a non-cooperative car. Not the best day to be dressed in white, probably. Enters Logan, chemist and ex-CEO of a pharmaceutical company who left NY behind to open a biologically sustainable mushrooms farm, on a small town filled with Doomsday Preppers whose craziness it’s proportional to their preparation for the world’s collap
Gi's Spot Reviews
4.75 ‘All Prepped Up’ Stars

Hilarious, Steamy and absolutely brilliant! Elle Aycart in all her writing splendor!

Yep, that’s right, Elle Aycart did it again with this fantastic ‘Fashion Diva in Prepperland’ making me fall , hook, line and sinker for this quirky and amazing characters!

Sky, a true city-girl, like myself, ends up in the middle of No Name – that’s no typo, you guys – and nothing in the world could have prepared her for her rescuer, the very definition of mountain man, Logan. Even less
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
3.5 STARS
I knew you were kinky. Bearded men always are.”

Sky's The Limit was a quirky, cute and sweet romance with just the right amount of sizzle and plenty of laughs. It was nothing like I expected and a total step away from what I'm used to from this author, but an entertaining and satisfying read nonetheless.
Where had she gone wrong? She’d had a nice, comfortable city life. Friday meant cosmopolitans, sexy clothes, and a fancy date with dinner and dancing. Hot sex if s
Tracy  C
Jul 01, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars. Shades of Stars Hallow!! A quirky town, a neurotic dog, a city girl, a scruffy chemist and some super sexy times make for one enjoyable story.
Shayna
“Can’t wait to have you. There are so many things I want to do to you, so many ways I want to fuck you, you won’t be able to walk properly for a week after I get my hands on you.”

Well, if the cover to this book doesn’t suck you in, I don’t know what will!

SKY’S THE LIMIT, book #1 in Elle Aycart’s brand new Doomsday Preppers Series was absolutely DELIGHTFUL! That might just be too tame of a word for it, but it’s the first thing that came to mind once I turned the very last page. It was also ri
Elle Aycart
Jan 14, 2018 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Hello everyone!
Here you have the first two chapters.
Enjoy!

Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it

“Are you my safety net?”
“You bet I am.”

We love Elle Aycart’s writing, yet it’s been a while since we’ve read one of her books, so we were really looking forward to catching up with her emotional, cheeky, crazy hot sexy and amusing writing style with Sky’s the Limit, the first standalone in her new Doomsday Preppers series. What a quirky, odd, fun lot of characters we just encountered….and did we mention this book is hot?!

We will admit there were times we thought, ‘hmmm what are we reading?’
Ⓐlleskelle - teamSøren♗ ⊲I like big b00ks⊳
New Elle Aycart sounds all kinds of fun...! Can't wait for January!

More reviews and book talk at :

You can find me here too ☞
Miss Rail
Personal Review at hearts-of.mine.com
AWESOME BOOK!
I've found a new amazing author to stalk!
Bright witty writing, engaging story, relatable and well developed characters...
I'm in love.
Sky
So Sky, what brought you to our little town?” Ty asked, grabbing a slice of pizza.
“Presbyopia.”

A "city girl" meets a "mountain man" living in a small town filled with crazy Doomsday Preppers always ready for the world to go "BOOM" in a multitude of ways.

From natural catastrophes to epidemics they are ready to survive it all and when Sky arrives int
Ivy Deluca
Jan 18, 2018 rated it liked it
Sky Gonzalez, Brooklyn fashionista, is looking forward to her time in Paris. Until she realizes her sister signed her up for an internship in Paris...Minnesota. While she’s there she runs into Logan Nolting, lumbersexual/chemist, and sparks fly. And weird shit happens, along with romance.

description

The Good. I am always, always up for a Latina heroine. Always. #diversityrules. When I saw Sky Gonzalez, I bought the book. It’s not perfect (I think the compulsion to say Sky Gonzalez over and over, like remind
Julia
No rating.
You lost me as soon as the heroine complained about leaving her expensive shoes behind and then promptly passing out in a strangers truck because she was ‘tired.’ Author, give this girl at least a tiny bit of common sense for us cynics over here paaalease!!!
Mandy
This is my first Elle Aycart book and I can’t wait to read more by this author! Fantastic witty banter, unique and fun characters, a sweet rescue dog, and some super hot steamy scenes- I loved it all! I can’t wait for more books in this series!
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
“Are you my safety net?”
“You bet I am.”

We will admit there were times we thought, ‘hmmm what are we reading?’
BleuBelle
Spoilers:

The writing style was all right. But the story dragged a bit at the beginning. Nothing really happened until around 55%.

All these Prepper Things were going on my nerves. The suits, the evacuations, the talk about it, the "always in ones business thing", the interruptions. I couldn't take them seriously.

The heroine was, well, all over the pages. She was always perfectly styled, with make up, hair and nails done. Her cleavage was contoured and she had butt-cushions on. And always walking
Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
Feb 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have never (since I became interested in books) ever read a book as crazy and insane as this one, a book about doomsday preppers. I’ve heard about preppers but I never knew some went to the extremes like they do in this book. They go above and beyond with their believes and it’s absolutely insane and awesome.

Sky and Logan’s relationship was different, refreshing and fun. I absolutely enjoyed these characters and their story. I couldn’t help but laugh at the experiences she went through after
Book Snob Sue
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I absolutely adored this book, the characters and the quirky town. This was definitely one of the most fun books that I have had the extreme pleasure of reading. The loyalty of the towns people is unmatched and refreshing to see. I adore this town and everyone in it.

Sky aka Patient Zero aka Butterfly is one of my absolute favorite female characters....ever, she’s refreshingly honest and could truly find the bright side to anything. She just goes with the flow and makes the best out of it...inclu
Emily (Mrs B's Books)

If i could have rated this book any more than five stars, i would have.

This book is Elle Aycart at her best and certainly has you provided with all sorts of weird information, so much humour that sometimes you find yourself with a silly grin on your face and some completely wacky characters that you cannot help but fall in love with.

Sky has found herself in the wrong Paris. Instead of France, she is in Paris Minnes
Louise
Can you die from cuteness?
Specifically: can you die from literary-based cuteness involving a capable, quippy, self-deprecating, mental illness suffering, sunshine heroine and an alpha-mallow hero who treats his girlfriend like she hung not only the moon but the entire cosmos - even when she's inconsolably depressed. Even when her giant softie of a dog gasses him with bacon-scented farts. Even when she tricks him into grooming his unruly beard. Even then.
...
I'm so overloaded by how much I loved t
Jan 12, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars - I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

At the start of this story, Sky is one of the most aggravating characters I’ve ever encountered. She is high maintenance, fashion obsessed and completely lacking common sense. Wittering on about labels and shoes in a Minnesota blizzard, she is whiny and unapologetically useless. I’d like to say that she grew on me but by the time we got to her youtube hacks she just seemed like a teenage girl who had forgotten to gro
Rosa Sharon (iScream Books Blog)
"How to survive a fashion fiasco."

I've been a fan of Elle Aycart since I stumbled upon her Bowen Boys series back in 2013. I had no clue what I was getting into when I decided to give Sky's the Limit a try, but I didn't question the author's talent. Where she leads I will follow. And she led me to a #DoomsDayMart in Paris-frigging-Minnesota. I admit it was very different from anything I've ever read before, but very entertaining too. By the time I turned the last page I was feeling comfortab
Fiona
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites, alpha-male
4/4.5 stars
Rebecca
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I can honestly say that I never thought I would find myself surrounded by a community of Doomsday Preppers, and even though it’s only in a fictional sense, as big city girl, Sky Gonzalez, maneuvers her way through a crash course in survival and a pandemic squad whose unannounced drills and game plan don’t quite play into Sky’s fashion sense and beauty regiment, I found myself giggling at the absurdity of the situation but also understanding how the idiosyncrasies and crazy standards of the inhab ...more
Love N. Books
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pet’s $0.02

Oh fuck! I’ve found where I want to retire. NoName, Minnesota! It sounds perfect! And I already have a bug out bag…I’m set.

I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed this book. I can tell you that I had to stop, repeatedly, to catch Roy up on what I was reading. It was too good not to share!

I have so many favorite parts I can’t even name them all, but the pandemic squad, the bug out bags and surprise drills, Patient Zero and Arnie are at the top.

I was sure that Sky wasn’t that bright in the
Veronica
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

Sky thinks she is going to Paris France to teach English. Thanks to a mix up she ends up in Paris Minnesota instead. She is a total fashionista and not prepared for life in rural Minnesota in the dead of winter. Stranded in the middle of storm after her car breaks fown, Sky meets Logan when he almost runs her over. Logan takes her home to his town of No Name, which is full of Doomsday Preppers.

So that is the set up for the s
Shelby
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
* I received a free copy to read & review for Wicked Reads*

This story was fun, quirky, and different!
When city-girl, beauty blogger, Sky, finds herself stranded in the middle of a Minnesota blizzard she's completely unprepared. The social-media addict, Sky, has no idea where she is, she has no connection with the outside world (no cell signal), and she is totally miserable. Thankfully she's "spotted" by a local who offers to save her from freezing to death.
Logan if familiar with Sky's "type":
Michele A.
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: insta-love
Logan and Sky's book was a bit quirky but it worked for them. Sky finds herself stranded on her way to Paris, Minnesota because her sister (who needs glasses) booked her a trip there instead of Paris, France. She is not dressed for the elements (think blizzard) and has all white on. She almost gets run over by Logan, who can't believe his eyes. He is no stranger to a fashion diva (his ex-wife was a piece of work) and thinks Sky is shallow and dumb. Sky quickly shows him that she has more to her ...more
Mikki _At_A Bookish Escape
At the beginning of each year I set myself reading goals. They range from giving a new genre a try to reading 10 % more books that I did the previous year. The only goal that never changes and that I make sure I achieve every year is the one to discover new authors. I have never read anything by Elle Aycart so I was excited to discover her as an author.

Sky’s The Limit is the first installment in the Doomsday Preppers Series. I really enjoyed this story that was filled with many hilarious moment
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• After The Climb (River Rain, #1)
  • Midnight Kiss (Men of Midnight, #7)
  • Dream Maker (Dream Team, #1)
  • Man Card (Man Hands, #2)
  • Otterly Scorched (Hometown Love, #3)
  • Stone Princess (Tin Gypsy, #3)
  • Rough Ride (Chaos, #4.5)
  • At the Stroke of Midnight (The Naughty Princess Club, #1)
  • Baby Maker (It Takes Two, #1)
  • Until Harmony (Until Her/Him, #6)
  • The Bitterroot Inn (Jamison Valley, #5)
  • Joke's on You (SWAT Generation 2.0, #6)
  • Mathilda, SuperWitch (Mathilda's Book of Shadows #1)
  • Hot Mess
  • The Hookup (Moonlight and Motor Oil #1)
  • Somethin' About That Boy
  • Man Hands (Man Hands, #1)
  • Kiss My Putt (Summersweet Island, #1)
After a colorful array of jobs all over Europe ranging from translator to chocolatier to travel agent to sushi chef to flight dispatcher, Elle Aycart is certain of one thing and one thing only: aside from writing romances, she has abso-frigging-lutely no clue what she wants to do when she grows up. Not that it stops her from trying all sorts of crazy stuff. While she is probably now thinking of a ...more