Start by marking “Intrepid (A Vigilantes Spinoff)” as Want to Read:
Intrepid (A Vigilantes Spinoff)

Intrepid

(Vigilantes)

4.39  ·  Rating details ·  224 Ratings  ·  71 Reviews
STANDALONE CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE

In the corner house of an empty street, there is a boy inside a box. In that boy, there lives a secret, one so dark, it’s sealed with locks.

Nearly ten years have passed since the night I was captured. Tricked and betrayed, I suffered the hours of brutal torment with death’s cold whisper across my skin. And when the nameless faces that haunt
ebook, 1st Edition, 440 pages
Published April 10th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Intrepid, please sign up.
Keri Lake Ballistic is next :) Intrepid sets up where the first chapters of Ballistic will begin (though both books are standalones). I don't have an exact date…moreBallistic is next :) Intrepid sets up where the first chapters of Ballistic will begin (though both books are standalones). I don't have an exact date for publication, as I'm writing the book now, but I'm shooting for late August/early September.(less)

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Apr 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: dark

➦Ok, so FIRST OF ALL. I'm seriously obsessed with this cover. I'm a big sucker for a pretty face. And this guy is trying to look menacing but I'm not quite sure he's pulling it of. Either way, I am experiencing urges to lick the screen.

➦Secondly, I can't believe more people aren't reading Keri Lake's books because her stuff is amazing! So well written, with though-out characters. For the fans of dark romance, this one is a must. You will definitely enjoy the heck out of this mysterious, torture
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

Keri Lake is an incredible mastermind of plotting out books. The possibilities in her stories are vast and you never know where they will take you. Intrepid is set in the Vigilante world, a bleak Detroit, saturated with crime, underground and above. It's where we meet Sera, a Criminal Justice student who lost her mother at a young age.

What I love about Keri Lake's heroines is that they are never doormats. Ever. They aren't innocent, naive flowers. These heroines come w
Elizabeth
★4.5★
"Everything had to be perfect. One kill at a time."
description

Intrepid is a contemporary romance with heart-stopping action and suspense. With complex characters and smoking hot passion, this Vigilantes Spinoff certainly aims to please!

description
"Everything was coming together perfectly."
Ty is a man on a mission. After experiencing great loss in his life, the only way for him to find peace is to seek revenge. Sera Kutscher is a young student who is desperate to break away from her father and the criminal
warhawke
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Fans of kick ass story
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Type: Standalone (Vigilante Spin-Off)
POV: First Person Dual
Rating:

Serafina (Sera) Kutscher was finally free of the shackles that prevented her to live her life on her own rules. But a newfound freedom in a dangerous city could be short-lived especially if she didn't protect her heart.

For the past few years Ty's life had been fueled by revenge. Vowed to right the wrongs, he was willing to do anything to find closure. But fate had a way to throw in a wrench and he must de
Maida»-(¯`v´¯)-»

RATING: 4.5 'No Regrets' Hearts!! <3

description

Intrepid is another darkly intoxicating addition to the Vigilantes series, each chapter nonchalantly making way for fear and panic to sink their razor-sharp claws into our minds before giving us a tantalizing taste of romantic clemency.

Ty is an outstanding protagonist, his transformation from an innocent boy to an angry and hardened man with revenge as his primary calling card is impeccably depicted. As Ty narrates his past, the innumerable injustices and h
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
This read was part of my April Ultimate Reading Challenge: read books with one word title.

Oh and yes it was hyped so why not?

4 “I expected more but don’t know what” stars.

Warning: kind of odd sheep review here compared with all the 5 stars 😉

I’ve read Ricochet by Keri Lake and really loved it. So when Intrepid was advertised and surrounded by a big hype I was really excited to read it.

The cover was just beautiful in black and grey, focus on a man with piercing light eyes and cheeks so high t
Alex ♈
Apr 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 -4 stars

It was my 1st book by this author.
Fabulous writing. It’s always a pleasure to discover a really talented author.

Dark is not my preferred genre, but if it’s dark on a good side (where they don’t romanize abuse/rape etc), I can and do read it.
The darkness of this book was definitely on the good side – they killed 4 pedophiles. What can be better?! Only if the killed more/all of these disgusting fuckers!

I love vengeance trope!
Justice & law is good and all; but some crimes, especia
CC
4.5 Stars!

Ty is a man fueled by pain and vengeance. Vowing to uphold his promise, Ty begins to exact his carefully constructed plan and hopes to silence his inner demons. However, he is challenged in an unforeseen way and must balance the need for justice versus destruction.

“Because although that first kill was sloppy and terrifying, there was also something deeply satisfying about silencing the screams.”

Serafina “Sera” Kutscher is a college student trying to break away from her controlling fa
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS

Dark, gritty, unapologetic, and everything I've come to expect from the genius twisted mind that is Keri Lake. This latest installment in her Vigilantes series is one dark and thrilling ride and it's not for the faint of heart. With just the right touch of sexy, Intrepid was brimming with violence and overflowing with passion. I loved every deliciously depraved page of it.

beta read

Find me on:
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog
~ Stéphanie ~ Tied up in Romance ~
NOW LIVE!!! https://amzn.to/2qmwdox

Have you ever read a book written by Keri Lake ? If the answer is no and if you are a reader not only a romance reader but someone who loves reading in general, you should consider it right now.
Keri Lake is not only a wonderful storyteller, she’s a writer who will take you into her world, who will not only gives you characters but a whole journey, a whole new meaning to a story. She will go deep in details and you’ll feel every breath, every emotions. You’ll w
Kate's Corner
“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
― Friedrich Nietzsche

There are not enough words to describe this book. I feet tormented by the vividness of this book. Of the raw emotion that comes off the page that jumps out to you and of all the things you read and although you may want to stop you can’t help but continue reading.

The one thing that truly bothers me is that
FMABookReviews
4.5 Stars!

❝I found it ironic that the very thing I'd once sought to destroy was the only thing that could save me in the end.❞

Keri Lake you destroy me!

My mind is the steel to your welder. With your words, you burn images in my mind. You are a relentless and unforgiving storyteller and for that I thank you.

Of all the stories I've read from you, this was the most difficult to read.

My heart was in my throat and tears were in my eyes about 80% of the time. I had to take breaks because there we
Lo Bookfrantic
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-review-ng, f-br

4.5★★★★Stars

Genre:  Romantic Suspense
Type:  Standalone (Vigilante Spin-Off)
POV:  First Person - Dual

Intrepid #1_Fotor finished teaser 4-15-18

Serafina (Sera) Kutscher wanted nothing more than her freedom.   She grew up in a privileged home but that didn't mean her life was happy.  Sera defies her father by finally moving to a new city; a dangerous one which wasn't her greatest choices but it sure was something she wouldn't regret as long as she didn't follow her father's rules.

There was something oddly cathartic about im
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
YAyy :) review to come!!

Mimiorphee
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 2018
Woohoo what a ride! Hop onto that crazy train for a thrill that's going to leave you in a puddle on the floor!

I'm utterly in love (and love is putting it mildly)  with Keri Lake's work. Her characters, her storyline, her writing style and last but definitely not least the atmosphere of Interpid, once again blew my mind.

Sera and Ty are fantastic. So easy to relate to, although they have such complex and damaged personalities.
Sera, is endearing: innocent, strong and smart,  she is a resilient you
Ammie *Ammie's Book Obsession*
Review originally published on Ammie's Book Obsession

*Thanks to the author for an ARC in exchange of an honest review.*

"She made me reckless. Fearless. Intrepid."

So here is one more addition to Ker Lake's amazing broken yet deadly heroes and strong yet passionate heroines. And just Like Keri's other books, this one was damn intense too, it even gave me goosebumps at certain points along with some few unwilling tears.

But I liked it!!

Related image

Ty (Jameson Tyler) is out for vengeance against what was don
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing

What a fucking ride!

Until I finished reading Intrepid, I didn't realize how much I had missed Keri's beautifully depraved writing style. She needs to release a book every month to fix my addiction to her words.

Intrepid is EVERYTHING you'd expect from Keri Lake and more! Her words are the best kind of torture. Ty and Sera's story had my heart-pounding in more ways than one. For two nights, sleep was not an option. It was as if my life depended on every word, every sentence I read.

A highly enga
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 4 Stars *****

Can be read as a standalone.

Intrepid knocked my socks off. It's dark, suspenseful, and edgy. The main characters were imperfectly perfect.

Seriously... Keri Lake! Amazing!

If you haven't read her other books, this is a good place to start.

But if you have been following the Vigilantes series, the ending will leave you giddy for the next book!

description description description description description

Timitra
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rated 4.5 Stars

Intrepid was a wild ride that I couldn't get enough of. My heart was in my throat along with a ball of dread that sat in my stomach for a significant portion of the book. Neither of those things took away from the experience instead they enhanced it, keeping me on the edge of my seat in anticipation of what would happen next.

This book isn't for the faint hearted because of the nature of the topics it deals with but it's a great story, one that I highly recommend. I loved going on
Grace
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Dark and twisted, this spinoff series from the Vigilantes series, boldly carries the theme of justified payback.

This book starts off in a seemingly innocent way, with two strangers meeting at a party and relying on each other to escape danger. But nothing is as it seems, and perhaps, nothing is a coincidence.

From the get go, I was a little leery of Ty. His random run ins with Sera quickly didn't seem so random. Dare I say stalkerish? The question became, is he there to protect her, or
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
4.5 Revengeful Stars!

Keri Lake has once again delivered readers a tortured anti-hero and a heroine that is his kryptonite in Intrepid! A man filled with so much rage and gaping emotional wounds, his only focus in life is revenge. Revenge for all the pain and suffering his childhood friend, his family, and he, himself, endured. It’s a game of chess and each pawn will be eliminated.

Intrepid takes place where darkness is almost synonymous to its name- Detroit, Michigan. Crime-riddled, drugs, viole
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥4.25 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"Every minute of this is a piece of my destruction." His ragged voice sent a shiver down my spine. "You're going to destroy me, angel."

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

Ty is a man hardened by an event that ruined his life completely. At such a long age he lost his best friend and practically his brother, Eli, along with his father in such tragic ways. Now, Ty is ready to exact his vicious revenge that h
Leigh
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, 5-stars
Intrepid was an awesome read from beginning to end. It was dark, gritty and I spent most of my time reading it on edge, it's definitely not an easy read. What was done to Jameson and Eli was heartbreaking and sickening. I loved Ty and Sera together, they had amazing chemistry. They both have secrets and are full of pain and guilt. Sera to me is a lost soul searching for a place to have the love she once knew. Ty is full of hate and vengeance. He is definitely not stable but Sera makes him almost ...more
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
description

“Have you ever hated someone you were supposed to love, and loved someone you were supposed to hate?”

Keri Lake has a flair for delivering a dark, gritty, uncompromising story, and possesses a true talent for making us feel as though we’re experiencing her words from the very unsettling streets of Detroit she writes about. Her stories feel believable, exhilarating and completely engrossing. In fact, Keri Lake writes about these surroundings so well, we’re starting to fear for her safety! Haha

‘I
Amber- Leave Me Alone I'm Reading
I LOVE the Vigilantes series! Hot, broken heroes who are lethal killers? YES, PLEASE!! Guys, I love these twisted books! Keri Lake just has a magical way of doing these gruesome, amazing climaxes that will blow. you. away.
Intrepid had me on the edge of my seat and completely losing my shit for the entire book. If you like books that are HOT, smart, twisty, and brutal, this series is definitely for you!
Bookgasms Book Blog
Shelves: ratula
Gahh!!! I need a minute to catch my breath. No one does romantic suspense like Keri Lake. No one. Her Vigilantes series is THE BEST I have ever read in the genre. The way she has your heart race equally from the thrilling suspense and chills and then from all the feels, emotions and hot sexy times. I loved Ty and Sera. Lord this story completely owned me from the first page as I sat engrossed with chills running down my spine. I could not get enough!

I swear this author's talent is immeasurable a
Karen Mc
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing

”If it’s meant to be, it’s gonna happen.”

HOLY HELL!!! I’m shouting my EXCITEMENT and I can’t stop!!! What another WILD RIDE from the MASTERMIND and MASTERFUL STORYTELLER, Keri Lake!!! What a rush!!! What a read!!! Deliciously dark and passionately poignant, INTREPID is a rush of a read that engulfs you in its words, stealing every bit of your breath and every beat of your heart, as every word crashes into you like lightning: frenzied, forceful, and full of feels. Intrepid is EVERYTHING!!!

E
AJ
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Oh, Keri Lake, you have taken us on another dark and gritty ride that is shocking, exciting and dangerously sexy, with the story of a ruthless-yet-tormented man seeking vengeance, and the woman that he needs but shouldn’t want.

This book is a spin-off from the Vigilantes series. It is set in the same desperate, crime-riddled Detroit, giving us a gruesome and horrifying look at the criminal underground, but separate from other books in the series and can easily standalone.

Ty is a man driv
Diane
Apr 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story obliterated my heart, I have no idea how a person comes back from, let alone survives, the horrors Ty suffered.

Ty and his friend/brother Eli are stolen, imprisoned, abused, tormented and forced to endure and do the unspeakable and only one lives on to right the wrong. But there is corruption, and there is coercion and threats, and there is complete destruction and loss. A burden heavy enough to make a grown man crumble, let alone a boy, but now everyone he loves is gone. A decade of h
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Oct 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018

‘I
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Author of dark, edgy contemporary, paranormal and dystopian romance ~Vengeance dealer-Demon wrangler~Creator of badass, whip-wielding females-Sucker for brooding alphas.

I love connecting with readers, so feel free to join my reading group: http://bit.ly/2lWjOFg

Vigilantes (4 books)
  • Ricochet (Vigilantes, #1)
  • Backfire (Vigilantes, #2)
  • Ballistic (Vigilantes, #3)
“There is no other woman for me, Sera. It’s only you … Like a fucking addiction I can’t shake.”
I couldn’t see his eyes, but I could hear the quaver in his voice, the unstable sound of a man on the edge.
“I’ll never be good enough. Not for you. But tonight, I’m going to make you feel good.”
1 likes
“Wasn’t that the way of it, though? A person could spend their life searching for some shred of meaning, some reason to explain why they were still alive, only to find it in a woman they’d vowed to destroy. The very reason they were stuck riding a downward spiral into depravity.” 0 likes