Start by marking “Queen Takes King (Their Vampire Queen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Queen Takes King (Their Vampire Queen, #2)

Queen Takes King

(Their Vampire Queen #2)

4.31  ·  Rating details ·  1,405 Ratings  ·  142 Reviews
How many Blood will come to the vampire queen's call... and will they be able to protect her from the king?

For the first time in her adult life, Shara has plenty of money thanks to the Isador legacy--and she's not alone. Daire and Rik are devoted lovers, but they know other Blood are coming. Blood who may challenge Rik for the coveted alpha spot at her back.

As her power gr
Published December 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Queen Takes King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen Takes King

Sophia Triad
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampires, shifters
My queen, Shara Isador

Although young, in her earlier twenties, Shara already behaves like a poweful vampire queen. She will expand her court of Bloods in this book.

Besides her Alpha and her warcat, in this book 4 more males will dedicate their life and their blood to her: A medieval knight, a lone wolf, a dead raven and a ruthlessly dragon king.
Shara's secure nest is ready to be established and she is almost ready to meet the other queens.

If you like vampire novels AND if you enjoy reverse ha
♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Adjusting to a totally different lifestyle, Shara can not only afford to feed herself, but wear a dress worth more than her entire year's salary as a janitor. From janitor to legendary Queen, Shara's life is better. She should be set. With two loving men at her side, increasing to another two, what more could she need? What she really wants is to revel in the love and blood. She wants to finally be able to breathe and be safe in her own home. Is it too much to ask, to live a quiet life?

Instead,
Raj
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Normal body temperature can range from 97.8° F (36.5°C) to 99°F (37.2°C) for a healthy adult,however the characters in this book are neither normal nor human so their blood has the properties to level mountains as a young blood queen draws to her side all manner of powerful seductive monsters who hear her call to help consolidate her growing court as she prepares to defend herself and those she loves against an army of blood thirsty vampire queens.

It's a race against life and death as Shara seek
Just Josie
*happy sigh 👏

!! Ladies and gentlemen !!

This book is all about magic-wielding, shapeshifting vampires, crazy Greek gods, vampire courts, building a nest and also finding out who Shara really is- beyond being a badass vampire Queen.

Oh and did I mention her Bloods are growing in numbers ? HAWT! 🔥🔥

I do wish the author would cut down on the whole period thing. 😂 She writes about it A LOT. And I get it now. All blood from the Queen is precious & powerful 😂 But let’s move on, shall we? 🤷🏻♀

Anyway!
carol
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: adult bdsm, erotica and paranormal readers
This is the second in the Queen Takes series this being Queen Takes King by Joely Sue Burkhart and the story goes from strength to strength.
It has become addictive and I have the next book ready - Queen Takes Queen

The characters I'm finding fascinating, and in a way endearing. Sharah Isador the young, newly-realised Queen within the vampires world and last direct descendent to Isis, Egyptian goddess, is learning about and coming into her powers along with her Knight bloods, who continue to grow
Crystal B
I am lovvvingggg this series!! 4.5****
Jessica Robbins
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-kindle
Incredible

I thought book one was amazing but this one might be even better. Shera is really coming into her powers now as she builds her Blood. We get some new detail on his about every page mixed it with lots of drama, steamy scenes, and relationship building. If you are in the mood for a great vampire series that will blow your mind while being hot at the same time then you have to try this book/series. I loved every minute of it so I give it 5/5 stars.
Lily
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Go off Joely

Once again Joely Sue Burkhart has stabbed me and left my body in a ditch emotionally. It's so rare in a reverse harem that I don't just ignore half of the guys, but she has a way of introducing characters and making me believe in them six pages later. I also really love the way politics comes into play and how the worldbuilding is based off of that. The conflict doesnt seem like it's there to buffer a love story, it feels like both storylines are there out of necessity and couldn't
Amber Hamblin
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A-freaking-mazing

Wow! Just wow!!!! I love this book so freaking much!

I love how bad ass Our Queen is! And she has some amazing guys to support her. Talk about unexpected new comers also. I’m so glad this book isn’t slow paced. It’s got, dirty, and presses boundaries that I love see being pressed.

Queen takes queen is so worth the wait!
Erica Chilson
While I gave 5 Stars to the first in the series, I will not be continuing forth with the series. DNF @78% of book 2.

Automatic 3 stars.

My first issue with the series as a whole is the lack of emotional connection. The Blood pop up so quickly, filling the ranks, the queen and the reader don't have time to know them, to become attached to them. At the same time, it's literally been 3 days in total, with the queen banging the first two blood within minutes of meeting them... 24-hours later, anothe
Megan
May 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
GAH SO MUCH BLOOD! asdhl;fahsdgaosdj and if they said the word period one more time I was going to loose my mind. How many times do we need to hear that her period blood was more powerful? Zero times. That's how many. But I kept listening whY? because the story is interesting! (and also it's free ) I won't lie.. the RH sex stuff doesn't work for me here. I almost want to skip the sex parts. There is just too much blood.
❤Bibi's Book Blog❤
Their Vampire Queen reviews:
Queen Takes Knights ❤❤❤❤❤ here
Queen Takes King ❤❤❤❤❤ See below!
Queen Takes Queen ❤❤❤❤❤ here
Queen Takes Rook ❤❤❤❤❤ here

description

When I started to read this book, I was little nervous that the brilliantness of the first one wouldn’t hold up, that maybe this would be more of a filler towards the grand finale. Luckily, that couldn’t be further from the case! The progression and constant character growth is nothing short of fantastic and Joely does such an amazing job at writing th
Shannon
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love,love, love!! An amazing sequel! I love all the characters and their relationships. There wasn’t a single slow moment in this book. So great. I got an ARC of this book and am hoping I will get another one of the next book.
Calm Your Pits
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great

Loving this series so far. I am very glad she got Levi to submit and I really hope they don’t regret it later. I cannot wait to see what happens when they go visit the other queen.
Lady Elizabeth
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Writing the review for Queen Takes Knights was hard. No words felt like they described my emotions well enough. Writing this review is a little like having a dejavú, but not exactly, at the same time.

Joely Sue Burkhart writing is amazing, her characters have a depth that I truly enjoy and the interaction between them is always interesting. I never know where I’m going to end when I’m reading one of her books. Well… I do know that at some point my heart is going to melt but that’s about it *smile
Arys
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

Queen Takes King by Joely Sue Burkhart is book two in her paranormal erotic romance series. A reverse harem vampire series filled with world-building and characters that have strong and unique personalities which is great especially as Ms. Burkhart begins adding more characters.

Continuing where book one left off, this new installment focuses on Shara Isador and her two lovers, Alrik (alpha of her Blood) and Daire, as Shara continues to grow in her powers and her need to start increasi
 ♡ One Click Romance ♡
Dec 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This just keep getting better and better

I stumbled upon the first book (very likely due to the cover, because the cover is bloody stunning *pun intended*) and stood up until the ash crack of dawn reading, and again the same happen with this book, it's just that motherflipping good.

This story is just action, action, action. There isn't a slow moment in sight. The characters OHMAGAWD! And the COVER? I'm in love.

Shara has taken to who she is like a fish to water. The obstacles come and she faces th
Meagan
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing

The series is just phenomenal. I don’t know what else I cans say...the author sucks you in from the very beginning and takes you on a wild ride. Sexy times, danger and intrigue abound in the second book in the Their Vampire Queen series. This series is a tad darker, with a large amount of blood play and multi partner and M/M action, so if any or all of those things don’t do it for you, this series probably isn’t for you. However, if they do rev your engine, I cannot recommend
Keda
Dec 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Exactly What I Was Looking For

I finished the first book in the series and immediately checked the release date for this one. When it came out, I devoured it in one sitting! I cannot begin to explain how much I love this series. Shara is a strong, kick-butt, protective heroine. She loves fiercely and shows no mercy to those who threaten her and her Bloods’ happiness. Her men are just as outstanding. I can’t wait for Queen Takes Queen. I need it...like now!!
Toma
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
After reading this book I felt a hypocrite. Previous book I read (not this series) had a lot of sex, innuendoes etc. and I was really put off. Now Queen takes King also has a lot of sex scenes but I really enjoyed it. Go figure. I think it comes down to the writing style and whether sex is for sex or a step in relationship building. Intimacy (and sometimes simply f***ing) requires to open to another person and may help a lot in creating a bond. Ms. Burkhart did a great job here!
BJ
Jan 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
Fantastic continuation of series, this time the h has called her king, and he's a monster. She has all the skills and people ready to not only tame him, but to also teach him a lesson or two. Her knights are great, she gathers more in this book, they too are really interesting. The books push the boundaries, wonderfully entertaining, really well written and very, very bloody. Loved it.
Katerina
I enjoyed every single part of this book. Although Shara lacks ruthlessness which I'd like to see unleashed, there this romanticism that kind of bothers me. on the other hand it makes me thinking about how a volatile queen would keep in check the Bloods at her side, and I stop worrying about it. I like the book, the characters, the sex and the blood.
Sandra Wolfe
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great series!

This series is really good. I absolutely love the new way the blood is written in this one. It’s a little dark in a good way. Shara and the guys are fun too. I am looking forward to the next book.
Kewpified
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book but I hope the series slows down and lets us get to know the new character better before adding more. Too many too fast.
Clare
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Blood blood and more blood. Epic book. Can’t wait to see if there’s more bloods to come!
Soukyan Blackwood
Sep 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All Reviews in One Place: Night Mode Reading; LT

About: Somewhere out there in the dark beneath the mountain rages a dying leviathan. Dark, scaly, and dreadful he haunts Shara’s dreams. Her Bloods sense that, and urge her to take action, call more Bloods to her side. Especially now that the young, wild, and powerful new Queen has been noticed by others, and attacks already began. But more Bloods mean more troubles too, mostly in their own hierarchy among themselves. Thus Shara, convinced by visio
Jamielee
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 My Dragon Stars

Shara has embraced her power and others are starting to notice. She is the last of her line to walk the earth. She has enemies plotting her demise all around her and only her Blood to keep her safe. She is told to free a dangerous King who love nothing more then to kill her.
She was just a Human a mere 4 days ago... or so she had always assumed. Now she was a Queen and she would fight to keep everyone she loved safe.

Once again Shara kicked ass. There is a ton of sex but the
Tiera McMillian
Sep 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very good continuation of the story! Things are really coming together as Shara balances her wants and needs versus what path her patron goddess has put her on. I love the backstory and mythology that is slowly and carefully unfolding. Shara is learning more and more about this legacy she has been born into, and learning she isn’t up for the games and power plays.

Shara with the help of Gina and her 2 new blood, and visions from the goddess find the perfect nest. Already we have seen trouble from
Bubbles The Book Pimp
Second book in this epic vampire reverse harem series

Picking up directly where book one finished off, Shara, Rik, And Daire have returned to Sahara’s childhood home. The are expecting more ‘blood’ aka knights to arrive and soon they are joined by G ( whose name I am not even gonna attempt to spell ) Xin, Mehen and Navarre fortifying and strengthening Shara further. She has no choice but to adapt and learn her powers...FAST.

With the death of Greyson the master thrall in the first book and a head
Kelly
Nov 10, 2018 rated it liked it
This book is one big, giant orgy. There, I said it! Though I'm really interested in the plot. I don't know what it is about this book but I read it very quickly. It's just compelling to read, you know?

Anyway, in Queen Takes King we follow the same bunch of characters except we get to meet three new guys. One of them is the most risky and scary of them all.

I think I would love these books more if it was a little less centered on the sex and blood-feeding. I feel like it's all they do everyday.
I write books. Sometimes I even finish them!

Their Vampire Queen (6 books)
  • Queen Takes Knights (Their Vampire Queen, #1)
  • Queen Takes Queen (Their Vampire Queen, #3)
  • Queen Takes Rook (Their Vampire Queen, #4)
  • Queen Takes Checkmate (Their Vampire Queen, #5)
  • Queen Takes Triune (Their Vampire Queen, #6)