Start by marking “Queen Takes King (Their Vampire Queen, #2)” as Want to Read:
Queen Takes King (Their Vampire Queen, #2)

Queen Takes King

(Their Vampire Queen #2)

How many Blood will come to the vampire queen's call... and will they be able to protect her from the king?

For the first time in her adult life, Shara has plenty of money thanks to the Isador legacy--and she's not alone. Daire and Rik are devoted lovers, but they know other Blood are coming. Blood who may challenge Rik for the coveted alpha spot at her back.

As her power gr
Published December 18th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Queen Takes King, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Queen Takes King

Start your review of Queen Takes King (Their Vampire Queen, #2)
Sophia Triad
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
My queen, Shara Isador

Although young, in her earlier twenties, Shara already behaves like a poweful vampire queen. She will expand her court of Bloods in this book.

Besides her Alpha and her warcat, in this book 4 more males will dedicate their life and their blood to her: A medieval knight, a lone wolf, a dead raven and a ruthlessly dragon king.
Shara's secure nest is ready to be established and she is almost ready to meet the other queens.

If you like vampire novels AND if you enjoy reverse
Alaina
I cringed a lot while reading this book.
Blood will never turn me on.
I will never be near a guy while on my period.
This book/series is starting to worry me.
My poor eyes.

Queen Takes King was an interesting book BUT I'm just not into the whole blood thing. I never will be and if I ever start to think otherwise - murder me. The smut was amazing but I honestly was cringing so much due to the blood. I get that she's a vampire.. but they aren't all vampires and I'm just not digging the whole blood bu
BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme
Adjusting to a totally different lifestyle, Shara can not only afford to feed herself, but wear a dress worth more than her entire year's salary as a janitor. From janitor to legendary Queen, Shara's life is better. She should be set. With two loving men at her side, increasing to another two, what more could she need? What she really wants is to revel in the love and blood. She wants to finally be able to breathe and be safe in her own home. Is it too much to ask, to live a quiet life?

Instead,
☙ nemo ❧ (pagesandprozac)
this was surprising. and not in a good way.

i really liked the first one, so i thought i'd like this one too. but - and i can't believe i'm saying this - there was too much sex. yes!! i said that!! seriously though, i like my steamy scenes, but if there's such a huge saturation you just get desensitised to it and it loses all its power.

that and shara was on her period for the first 80% of the book so the first 80% of the book was filled with period sex.

carol
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: adult bdsm, erotica and paranormal readers
This is the second in the Queen Takes series this being Queen Takes King by Joely Sue Burkhart and the story goes from strength to strength.
It has become addictive and I have the next book ready - Queen Takes Queen

The characters I'm finding fascinating, and in a way endearing. Sharah Isador the young, newly-realised Queen within the vampires world and last direct descendent to Isis, Egyptian goddess, is learning about and coming into her powers along with her Knight bloods, who continue to grow
Just Josie
*happy sigh 👏

!! Ladies and gentlemen !!

This book is all about magic-wielding, shapeshifting vampires, crazy Greek gods, vampire courts, building a nest and also finding out who Shara really is- beyond being a badass vampire Queen.

Oh and did I mention her Bloods are growing in numbers ? HAWT! 🔥🔥

I do wish the author would cut down on the whole period thing. 😂 She writes about it A LOT. And I get it now. All blood from the Queen is precious & powerful 😂 But let’s move on, shall we? 🤷🏻‍♀️

Anyway! I
Raj
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Normal body temperature can range from 97.8° F (36.5°C) to 99°F (37.2°C) for a healthy adult,however the characters in this book are neither normal nor human so their blood has the properties to level mountains as a young blood queen draws to her side all manner of powerful seductive monsters who hear her call to help consolidate her growing court as she prepares to defend herself and those she loves against an army of blood thirsty vampire queens.

It's a race against life and death as Shara seek
Crystal B
I am lovvvingggg this series!! 4.5****
Princess J. Antoinette
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'm still so loving this series.. I just love a heroine that's a badass! ...more
❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS
Jessica Robbins
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-kindle
Incredible

I thought book one was amazing but this one might be even better. Shera is really coming into her powers now as she builds her Blood. We get some new detail on his about every page mixed it with lots of drama, steamy scenes, and relationship building. If you are in the mood for a great vampire series that will blow your mind while being hot at the same time then you have to try this book/series. I loved every minute of it so I give it 5/5 stars.
Jenn (The Book Refuge)
Sep 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ku-2020
Um... what is happening?! Why am I still here? And I can't wait for another. ...more
Lily
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Go off Joely

Once again Joely Sue Burkhart has stabbed me and left my body in a ditch emotionally. It's so rare in a reverse harem that I don't just ignore half of the guys, but she has a way of introducing characters and making me believe in them six pages later. I also really love the way politics comes into play and how the worldbuilding is based off of that. The conflict doesnt seem like it's there to buffer a love story, it feels like both storylines are there out of necessity and couldn't
Megan (BookWifeReviews)
GAH SO MUCH BLOOD! asdhl;fahsdgaosdj and if they said the word period one more time I was going to loose my mind. How many times do we need to hear that her period blood was more powerful? Zero times. That's how many. But I kept listening whY? because the story is interesting! (and also it's free ) I won't lie.. the RH sex stuff doesn't work for me here. I almost want to skip the sex parts. There is just too much blood. ...more
Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader)
Well this one was a bit better than the first one but it still wasn’t the best.

I like the story so far. Great concept. Still that giant plot hole was in this one for me.

Now the relationship between the Blood and their Queen is way different than what I have read from other reverse harems. Everyone is very open with everyone.

I will read the third book. I think this will put me out of my comfort zone the most since Shara is suppose to take a queen in this one. We’ll see how it goes…
Amber Hamblin
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
A-freaking-mazing

Wow! Just wow!!!! I love this book so freaking much!

I love how bad ass Our Queen is! And she has some amazing guys to support her. Talk about unexpected new comers also. I’m so glad this book isn’t slow paced. It’s got, dirty, and presses boundaries that I love see being pressed.

Queen takes queen is so worth the wait!
Mummy's Naughty Corner
Well the story is moving along. We have more guys and powers are blooming. I like the new bloods and their stories and I liked the way that we are finding out more about the other queens. I don't think she's going to make many friends with them. Can't wait to read about more of the story. ...more
❤ Bibi ❤
Their Vampire Queen reviews:
Queen Takes Knights ❤❤❤❤❤ here
Queen Takes King ❤❤❤❤❤ See below!
Queen Takes Queen ❤❤❤❤❤ here
Queen Takes Rook ❤❤❤❤❤ here

description

When I started to read this book, I was little nervous that the brilliantness of the first one wouldn’t hold up, that maybe this would be more of a filler towards the grand finale. Luckily, that couldn’t be further from the case! The progression and constant character growth is nothing short of fantastic and Joely does such an amazing job at writing th
Erica Chilson
While I gave 5 Stars to the first in the series, I will not be continuing forth with the series. DNF @78% of book 2.

Automatic 3 stars.

My first issue with the series as a whole is the lack of emotional connection. The Blood pop up so quickly, filling the ranks, the queen and the reader don't have time to know them, to become attached to them. At the same time, it's literally been 3 days in total, with the queen banging the first two blood within minutes of meeting them... 24-hours later, anothe
Coco.V
Apr 08, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (4/8/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

As her power grows, so does her hunger. But without fangs, she fears she'll never be the queen he
Shannon
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love,love, love!! An amazing sequel! I love all the characters and their relationships. There wasn’t a single slow moment in this book. So great. I got an ARC of this book and am hoping I will get another one of the next book.
Anonymous Girl

Joely Sue Burkhart
@joelysue
For the first time in years, I finally believe everything's going to be okay. I got the divorce decree 10/29 to put one nightmare away and Biden/Harris win to take care of the other.
12:16 PM · Nov 7, 2020·Twitter Web App

Joely Sue Burkhart
@joelysue
Pence's damned fly is buzzing around here driving me nuts. I need one of those Biden Harris fly swatters STAT.
10:50 PM · Oct 14, 2020·Twitter Web App

Guillaume
Xin
Mehen/Levi
Nevarre

Well, this series keeps getting more and more interesting. Still bloody as fuck in every sense of the word.

There is not a lot to say about this one really, Shara is just getting more Bloods, creating her nest, moving to a new location, learning more and more about her new life.

The last scene with Shara & Rik & Mehen & G was AMAZING! I really like that the males in this series are not afraid to touch each
Danielle (Danniegurl)
This one was a bit better in terms of plot. There’s still a lot of sex as this seems to be the way to make her harem larger. But the recap at the beginning was nice too. A reminder of all that has happened and the species we’ve found. So far the books aren’t huge in the big bad fight or anything but I suspect that is all coming to a head here in the next book.

I’m also interested in how large her harem will be and how it’ll function. I am not sure if I’m into what the next book implies. It says Q
Caitlin
Oct 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: top-favourites
Another million star read. The deeper I get into this world, the more I am starving for. I am distressed that each book isn't an 8-9 hour read. GIVE ME MOOOORRREEEEE! I just want to spend all my time reading this series. ...more
Jamie Campbell
So can't wait to start the next book.😍 This is such an awesome series ...more
Chiara Cro
Jul 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I love how this is progressing. Let's go read the next one! ...more
Calm Your Pits
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great

Loving this series so far. I am very glad she got Levi to submit and I really hope they don’t regret it later. I cannot wait to see what happens when they go visit the other queen.
Lady Elizabeth
Feb 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Writing the review for Queen Takes Knights was hard. No words felt like they described my emotions well enough. Writing this review is a little like having a dejavú, but not exactly, at the same time.

Joely Sue Burkhart writing is amazing, her characters have a depth that I truly enjoy and the interaction between them is always interesting. I never know where I’m going to end when I’m reading one of her books. Well… I do know that at some point my heart is going to melt but that’s about it *smile
Arys
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*4.5 stars*

Queen Takes King by Joely Sue Burkhart is book two in her paranormal erotic romance series. A reverse harem vampire series filled with world-building and characters that have strong and unique personalities which is great especially as Ms. Burkhart begins adding more characters.

Continuing where book one left off, this new installment focuses on Shara Isador and her two lovers, Alrik (alpha of her Blood) and Daire, as Shara continues to grow in her powers and her need to start increasi

• Triad Found (Claimed By The Goddess, #1)
  • Three Trials (The Dark Side, #2)
  • Baby & the Late Night Howlers (Sweet Omegaverse #1)
  • Two Kingdoms (The Dark Side #3)
  • Pentacle Bound (Claimed by the Goddess, #2)
  • Four Psychos (The Dark Side #1)
  • Elements Tamed (Claimed by the Goddess #3)
  • Lola & the Millionaires: Part One (Sweet Omegaverse #2)
  • A Torn Paige (Hidden Kingdom #1)
  • A Lost Paige (Hidden Kingdom Trilogy #2)
  • Lola & the Millionaires: Part Two (Sweet Omegaverse #3)
  • One Apocalypse (The Dark Side, #4)
  • Goddess Claimed (Claimed By The Goddess, #4)
  • A Final Paige (Hidden Kingdom Trilogy #3)
  • Magic Unleashed (Claimed by the Goddess, #5)
  • Pleasantly Undead in Dark River (Dark River Days, #3)
  • Pain (Curse of the Gods, #5)
  • Maiming (To Tame a Shifter #3)
I write books. Sometimes I even finish them!

Their Vampire Queen (9 books)
  • Queen Takes Knights (Their Vampire Queen, #1)
  • Queen Takes Queen (Their Vampire Queen, #3)
  • Queen Takes Rook (Their Vampire Queen, #4)
  • Queen Takes Checkmate (Their Vampire Queen, #5)
  • Queen Takes Triune (Their Vampire Queen #6)
  • Queen Takes More (Their Vampire Queen #7)
  • Queen Takes Sunfires Book 1 (Queen Takes Sunfires, #1)
  • Queen Takes Sunfires Book 2 (Queen Takes Sunfires, #2)

News & Interviews

Jordan Morris is a comedy writer and podcaster whose credits include @Midnight, Unikitty! and Earth to Ned.  The sci-fi comedy Bubble is his...
“What am I supposed to do?” “Be true to who you are. That is all. You are controlled chaos. You are She, Goddess incarnate. Live, love, and make magic in the world. Embrace your nature your father and I died to create. Loose the wild hunt. Revel in the blood of your enemies. Some will worship you. Others will fear you. And no one will be able to stop you.” 3 likes
“You. Are. Queen. My queen apologizes for nothing. Even if you hadn’t resurrected me, I would say the same thing. Kill me. Use me. Drain me dry. I’m yours, body and heart and soul and blood. If you killed me and left me dead, then I would know that I had died in your service and your need had been great.” 1 likes