Start by marking “Studmuffin Santa (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #1)” as Want to Read:
Studmuffin Santa (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #1)

Studmuffin Santa

(Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies #1)

Brandon Brown is the unlikeliest Santa ever to don a red velvet suit.

His abs are more cheese grater than bowl full of jelly, and deploying to Syria is the closest he’s come to the North Pole. But family drama sends the jaded Marine home for the holidays, and lands him an unexpected gig as a part-time Santa.

Jade King is hustling to get Jingle Bell Reindeer Ranch off the g
Published November 27th 2017 (first published November 22nd 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Studmuffin Santa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Studmuffin Santa

Start your review of Studmuffin Santa (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #1)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Studmuffin Santa is book #.05 in the Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies series by Tawna Fenske. I’ve been stalking this series for awhile now. I mean, just look at this cover. I thought it would be a fun, light hearted read. While it was fun, it was so much more. The characters were so easy to love, both with pasts that haunted them. And there was the bit of suspense added in as well. There was actually quite a lot in this little book, and I loved it.

reindeer

Jade King and her sister Amber are trying to
Kat
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
This was a cute novella I picked up as a freebie. It’s set on a reindeer rescue farm, totally a Christmas setting I haven’t seen yet! I loved the way reindeer-ranching life is made so Christmas-y and adorable! The romance is a cute set-up… guy and girl who knew each other in high school meet years later… when he’s hired to be the Santa Claus at the reindeer farm. The chemistry between the main characters works, and I liked how the backstories played in. There may be someone trying to hurt the ra ...more
Cristina
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First of all: the cover is not the right one! The characters were too sweet and good and sensible! So no! The cover doesn’t do justice to this story.
I loved this short story! It was so beautiful! Jade and Brandon were so perfect for each other. I’m so glad I decided to download this book from Amazon when it was free! Such a good decision. It was totally worth it. 👍
Jacob Proffitt
Dec 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
This is short. And not as over-the-top sex-centric as the cover suggests. It's a cute holiday romance with a straight emotional through-line and weird mystery that only barely works and I ended up liking it more than I expected. I liked Jade right off and the dynamic with her sister and their reindeer ranch was very engaging. Brandon coming in to play Security Santa was a fun way for them to get to know one another and it doesn't hurt that he's exactly my type. Ex-military hot-shot looking to se ...more
Leila
3 reindeer stars!

This was a quick, cute, funny, Christmas read.

I really love Tawna Fenske's sense of humour. Lines like this had me snickering and giggling through most of the story.

“That’s what they make fake beards for,” Amber says. “And strap-on bellies. I already ordered one for him.” I close my eyes and count to ten, but only make it to four. “Please tell me you read the product description instead of googling ‘Santa strap-on.’”

I really liked both MCs. Jade is a veterinarian and
Carmen Rae
Dec 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: xmas, cute-fluff, no-angst
This was a great, sweet, fun, quick Christmas novel that I got for free.

Absolutely adding the rest of the series to my TBR
Nicole P
The cover and title alone make this book intriguing. It was a quick read, with minimal drama. Jade King is a farmer. Not the regular kind. She "farms" reindeer (and I learnt quite a few things about reindeer) and obviously the Christmas season gets busy for her because she showcases her reindeer. Her sister helps with the marketing and hires the local town hero, Brandon Brown. He has recently returned home for family responsibilities and signs up to play Santa on Jade's farm. They share an insta ...more
Heather Silvio
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute, fun story with an interesting premise and characters. Well-written and engaging; read it in one day. Knocked a star off for a couple of story choices that were too convenient, but I'd definitely read more from this author.

A couple of sex scenes you can skim if that's not your thing (I mostly read (and write) sweet romance, so it's not my thing, lol).
Jana Brown
Jan 07, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, steamy
The rating here is somewhere between and 3 and a 4 for me, but I generally enjoyed myself thus a round up.

Studmuffin Santa takes place on a reindeer ranch in Central Oregon. I kinda love this set up because my brother and his family have a beef ranch in that same area so I can picture everything the author describes in great detail. I've stayed up there and visited and it's a beautiful area. I also grew up farming so I appreciated the attention to detail in presenting Jade as both caring and kno
Elizabeth Neal
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Brandon, a Marine, isn't anyone's idea of Santa, as evidenced by his chiseled and lack of a white beard. However, when a family emergency results in him going home for the holidays, he's enlisted to do just that, much to Jade's chagrin.

Jade is determined to get her ranch up and running, but when her sister hires a too sexy guy to play Santa, she's not happy at all. Yes, the kids seem to like him, but unfortunately, so do the moms...a little too much.

But when someone seems intent on creating havo
Heike
A reindeer farm run by sisters hires a former high school hottie as Santa. Even 15 years later Jade has not forgotten being bullied by the likes of him, and even though he was one of the good guys she is uncomfortably reminded of her "Miss Piggy" years.

This was so Tawna Fenske style: super funny first half, okay second half. However, I had some good laughs and the story went along with likeable characters and a good romance (even though the cries of "take me!" were more ridiculous - unless they
Mandy
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Funny, sweet, and sexy with a bit of holiday fun thrown in - I loved this book! I've been looking for the perfect holiday themed book this year and this is it! The characters were great and well developed and the story had a bit of mystery and emotion. Great holiday story!
Deborah Blake
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As always, Tawna Fenske's writing is smooth and fun and I found myself at the end of the book a lot sooner than I wanted to! Sexy, humorous, and clever, with characters you want to hang out with, this one is another winner.
Connie
This hilarious, cutie-pie story has everything: real reindeer, two hardworking sisters, bullies, betrayal, revenge and second chances! Brandon and Jade rediscover each other after a humiliating high school experience. Will the bad memories derail their future or is a second chance the perfect holiday gift?
Coco.V
Nov 25, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/25/2018)!💝
Jo-Anne
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, 5-plus-stars
What could be a better Christmas setting than a reindeer ranch?

Jade and her sister, Amber, were working to get their new business, Jingle Bell Reindeer Ranch, running. As a veterinarian, Jade took care of the animals while Amber handled the administrative side. So it was Amber who hired Brandon as Santa. But he was a marine and their age, so not your typical Santa. That turned out to be good for business, though. Thanks to Brandon's looks, there was a lineup of moms taking their kids to see Sant
Melissa
Dec 15, 2018 rated it liked it
It was ok

It was a sweet story. Very little sex so as not to really offend but it does have two scenes. Covers bullying and how some bullies never change.
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“I wasn’t exactly planning to cap off my snow day by banging Santa.”

So . . . this is not the kind of Christmas story I read to my kiddos at bedtime. Sure, there are some similarities—the chilly winter weather; the reindeer with classic names; the humorous moments that make you want to giggle just a little (or a lot); the presence of Santa.

But there end the similarities. And thank goodness. Because Studmuffin Santa is just the kind of bedtime story that *I* like. Which probably explains why I s
Karen
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Studmuffin Santa is a standout fantastic holiday read.

Brandon is a hot Marine whose mission in life is to do the right thing. Jade, is a badass take charge boss who is trying to reinvent her farm and her life. Thankfully, Jade's sister, Amber, hires Brandon to be the Farm's Santa.

There is a mystery, laughter, tears, and human emotion along the way. Tawna has a way of capturing it all in this rom-com feel good book.
Shannon
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
The idea of a Studmuffin Santa is intriguing as Santa should be jolly and fat. That’s not to say someone’s who’s not fat can’t be Santa, but he should be fluffy.

Anyway, where am I going with this review?

I really liked this book and how the crises were dealt with. Some of the problems were creative.

I can’t wait to find out what happens to the ranch(es) in the off season!
Linda Grimes
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stressed out by the frantic Christmas season? Feeling the need for a little quality Me Time? STUDMUFFIN SANTA is the perfect gift for yourself (or anyone on your personal Naughty List)! Do yourself a favor, and add a little "HO, HO, HO!" to your holidays. Come on, you deserve it!
Kimberly Sabatini
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult
This may be the cutest and sweetest book by Tawna Fenske yet. Loved the topic and of course, the humor.
Abby O’Shea
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Super cute, quick read! This story has the perfect balance of sweetness, heat, a little mystery, and humor. Everyone would enjoy it!
Tracy
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very cute, quick read. Brandon is great. I liked Jade fine and really liked Amber. Then next book is about Amber and Sean (Brandon’s cousin).
Cynthia D'Alba
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just what i needed

Clever. Funny. Sweet. Sexy. I needed a book that would make me laugh. This did. Looking forward to next book in the series.
Jask Afsh
Jan 09, 2020 rated it really liked it
This was a good book. It had strong h, sweet H, no cheating suspense and stupid villain. Worth the read.
D Call
Dec 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, sex, holiday
Jade and Brandon, learning to love each other, have to learn to forgive and let go of the negative in their pasts. There isn't anything religious in the story, but it captures Christmas beautifully. Learned some fun facts about reindeer; sure hope they're true. Not very much is included about his military experiences or the Oregon setting. We get little hints of the next story without it distracting from this one. Overall, a good read!

Sex: yes
Language: 16 F words, 48 Lord's name in vain, 21 S w
April
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was not that bad. Actually cute characters and plot. Obviously read it to see if it matches up with the cover and it didn’t disappoint. Don’t judge me. I don’t normally read this stuff and can’t believe I am posting this.
Susan Swiderski
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the perfect fast-reading Christmas tale. It has plenty of "nice" with enough "naughty" to keep things humming toward an inevitable happy ever after ending.

It has likable characters, a good story, and healthy doses of the author's inimitable laugh-out-loud humor. Oh, and it has enough "heat" to keep a reader warm on a cold winter evening, too. Bottom line, it's a quick and fun read.
Cary
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was ok
A little too much language for my liking. Other than that it was the typical...

• A Marvell Country Christmas (Men of the Marvell Ranch #2)
  • A Small Town Christmas (Four Irish Brothers Winery, #1)
  • A Hummingbird Christmas (Glacier Creek)
  • Driving Home for Christmas (Billionaire Holiday #1)
  • Mistletoe Kisses (Northstar Holidays, #1)
  • Christmas in Darling Bay
  • The Christmas Princess (Wedding, #4)
  • Wild for You (Riding Tall 2 Book 4)
  • A Christmas Wish (Sapphire Bay, #3)
  • Luke's Gift (The Harlow Brothers #2)
  • Decker and Joy (North Pole Unlimited, #1)
  • His Christmas Wish (Mountain Rescue Romance, #1)
  • The Lawson Brothers Bundle (The Lawson Brothers #1-3)
  • Falling for the Firefighter (The Summer Sisters, #5)
  • Unsolicited Advice (Between the Sheets, #3)
  • Christmas Light (Christmas in New York #2)
  • The Cowboy Next Door (Once Upon a Western, #3)
  • Forever Yours in Christmas Falls
When Tawna Fenske finished her English lit degree at 22, she celebrated by filling a giant trash bag full of romance novels and dragging it everywhere until she’d read them all. Now she’s a RITA Award finalist, USA Today bestselling author who writes humorous fiction, risqué romance, and heartwarming love stories with a quirky twist. Publishers Weekly has praised Tawna’s offbeat romances with mult ...more

Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies (9 books)
  • Chef Sugarlips (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #2)
  • Sergeant Sexypants (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #3)
  • Hottie Lumberjack (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #4)
  • Stiff Suit (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #5)
  • Mancandy Crush (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #6)
  • Captain Dreamboat (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #7)
  • Snowbound Squeeze (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #8)
  • Dr. Hot Stuff (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies #9)