Start by marking “Studmuffin Santa (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #1)” as Want to Read:
Studmuffin Santa (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #1)

Studmuffin Santa

(Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies #1)

Brandon Brown is the unlikeliest Santa ever to don a red velvet suit.
His abs are more cheese grater than bowl full of jelly, and deploying to Syria is the closest he’s come to the North Pole. But family drama sends the jaded Marine home for the holidays, and lands him an unexpected gig as a part-time Santa.
Jade King is hustling to get Jingle Bell Reindeer Ranch off the g
Published November 27th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Studmuffin Santa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Studmuffin Santa

Start your review of Studmuffin Santa (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #1)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]

reindeerStudmuffin Santa is book #.05 in the Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies series by Tawna Fenske. I’ve been stalking this series for awhile now. I mean, just look at this cover. I thought it would be a fun, light hearted read. While it was fun, it was so much more. The characters were so easy to love, both with pasts that haunted them. And there was the bit of suspense added in as well. There was actually quite a lot in this little book, and I loved it.

reindeer

Jade King and her sister Amber are trying to get their new business, Jingle Bell Reindeer Ranch, off the ground. Jade is a veterinarian and takes care of the reindeer while her sister is mostly dealing with the business side of things. They needed a santa for their Christmas season and Jade’s sister didn’t hire an older man with a beard and big belly. No, she hired a sexy man Jade remembers from high school, the football quarterback, the object of her teenage fantasies.

sexy male santa

Brandon Brown has spent the last thirteen years in the marines. But the failing health of his father has brought him home. It was time, though. Christmas does not hold good memories for Brandon. But when Amber tells him that little things have been going wrong on the ranch and that she would like him to both be their santa but also to try to figure out what is going on, he accepts the job. A santa/security guard job is perfect while he figures out what is next for him.

The first time Brandon saw Jade, he was taken in by her. Her eyes drew him in unlike anything he’d ever experienced before. He doesn’t remember her from high school at all but is anxious to get to know her now. Jade does remember Brandon. She was bullied in high school and still carries the scars from it. But she’s a different woman now. She had such a crush on the high school version of Brandon but this is a different man. The more she gets to know him, the more she wants him. But, so does every other female within a hundred mile radius. He does look good in that santa suit!

Grinch's big heart

While these two get to know each other, things continue to go wrong on the ranch. And then something happens that makes their past collide with the present. We also get to meet Brandon’s cousins who own the Ponderosa Resort. I’m already in love with this family.

This was fun, sexy, sweet and just wonderful. I couldn’t stop turning the pages. This is only my second book by Tawna Fenske which I need to quickly rectify. I am definitely going to continue this series. The next book is Brandon’s cousin, Sean and Jade’s sister, Amber’s story in Chef Sugarlips. I can’t wait to read it.

For more about this book and so many more, come and visit me at Carol's Crazy Bookish World.

Kat
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: christmas
This was a cute novella I picked up as a freebie. It’s set on a reindeer rescue farm, totally a Christmas setting I haven’t seen yet! I loved the way reindeer-ranching life is made so Christmas-y and adorable! The romance is a cute set-up… guy and girl who knew each other in high school meet years later… when he’s hired to be the Santa Claus at the reindeer farm. The chemistry between the main characters works, and I liked how the backstories played in. There may be someone trying to hurt the ra ...more
Cristina
Dec 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
First of all: the cover is not the right one! The characters were too sweet and good and sensible! So no! The cover doesn’t do justice to this story.
I loved this short story! It was so beautiful! Jade and Brandon were so perfect for each other. I’m so glad I decided to download this book from Amazon when it was free! Such a good decision. It was totally worth it. 👍
Nicole P
The cover and title alone make this book intriguing. It was a quick read, with minimal drama. Jade King is a farmer. Not the regular kind. She "farms" reindeer (and I learnt quite a few things about reindeer) and obviously the Christmas season gets busy for her because she showcases her reindeer. Her sister helps with the marketing and hires the local town hero, Brandon Brown. He has recently returned home for family responsibilities and signs up to play Santa on Jade's farm. They share an insta ...more
Elizabeth Neal
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Brandon, a Marine, isn't anyone's idea of Santa, as evidenced by his chiseled and lack of a white beard. However, when a family emergency results in him going home for the holidays, he's enlisted to do just that, much to Jade's chagrin.

Jade is determined to get her ranch up and running, but when her sister hires a too sexy guy to play Santa, she's not happy at all. Yes, the kids seem to like him, but unfortunately, so do the moms...a little too much.

But when someone seems
Jo-Anne
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own, 5-plus-stars
What could be a better Christmas setting than a reindeer ranch?

Jade and her sister, Amber, were working to get their new business, Jingle Bell Reindeer Ranch, running. As a veterinarian, Jade took care of the animals while Amber handled the administrative side. So it was Amber who hired Brandon as Santa. But he was a marine and their age, so not your typical Santa. That turned out to be good for business, though. Thanks to Brandon's looks, there was a lineup of moms taking their kids
Deborah Blake
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As always, Tawna Fenske's writing is smooth and fun and I found myself at the end of the book a lot sooner than I wanted to! Sexy, humorous, and clever, with characters you want to hang out with, this one is another winner.
Mandy
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Funny, sweet, and sexy with a bit of holiday fun thrown in - I loved this book! I've been looking for the perfect holiday themed book this year and this is it! The characters were great and well developed and the story had a bit of mystery and emotion. Great holiday story!
Coco.V
Nov 25, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (11/25/2018)!💝
Beth ~ Panda & Boodle
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“I wasn’t exactly planning to cap off my snow day by banging Santa.”

So . . . this is not the kind of Christmas story I read to my kiddos at bedtime. Sure, there are some similarities—the chilly winter weather; the reindeer with classic names; the humorous moments that make you want to giggle just a little (or a lot); the presence of Santa.

But there end the similarities. And thank goodness. Because Studmuffin Santa is just the kind of bedtime story that *I* like. Which probably explains why I started it right
Karen
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Studmuffin Santa is a standout fantastic holiday read.

Brandon is a hot Marine whose mission in life is to do the right thing. Jade, is a badass take charge boss who is trying to reinvent her farm and her life. Thankfully, Jade's sister, Amber, hires Brandon to be the Farm's Santa.

There is a mystery, laughter, tears, and human emotion along the way. Tawna has a way of capturing it all in this rom-com feel good book.
Heather Silvio
Dec 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cute, fun story with an interesting premise and characters. Well-written and engaging; read it in one day. Knocked a star off for a couple of story choices that were too convenient, but I'd definitely read more from this author.

A couple of sex scenes you can skim if that's not your thing (I mostly read (and write) sweet romance, so it's not my thing, lol).
Shannon
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
The idea of a Studmuffin Santa is intriguing as Santa should be jolly and fat. That’s not to say someone’s who’s not fat can’t be Santa, but he should be fluffy.

Anyway, where am I going with this review?

I really liked this book and how the crises were dealt with. Some of the problems were creative.

I can’t wait to find out what happens to the ranch(es) in the off season!
Kimberly Sabatini
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult
This may be the cutest and sweetest book by Tawna Fenske yet. Loved the topic and of course, the humor.
Linda Grimes
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Stressed out by the frantic Christmas season? Feeling the need for a little quality Me Time? STUDMUFFIN SANTA is the perfect gift for yourself (or anyone on your personal Naughty List)! Do yourself a favor, and add a little "HO, HO, HO!" to your holidays. Come on, you deserve it!
Abby O’Shea
Nov 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars
Super cute, quick read! This story has the perfect balance of sweetness, heat, a little mystery, and humor. Everyone would enjoy it!
Cynthia D'Alba
Dec 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Just what i needed

Clever. Funny. Sweet. Sexy. I needed a book that would make me laugh. This did. Looking forward to next book in the series.
Tracy
Nov 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very cute, quick read. Brandon is great. I liked Jade fine and really liked Amber. Then next book is about Amber and Sean (Brandon’s cousin).
Susan Swiderski
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the perfect fast-reading Christmas tale. It has plenty of "nice" with enough "naughty" to keep things humming toward an inevitable happy ever after ending.

It has likable characters, a good story, and healthy doses of the author's inimitable laugh-out-loud humor. Oh, and it has enough "heat" to keep a reader warm on a cold winter evening, too. Bottom line, it's a quick and fun read.
Diane
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rom-com with all the feels and more!

“...her holiday cheer more contagious than mumps.”

This book was enthused with all that cheer and cheeky humour as well! I LOVED this story. I loved the characters and the storyline. I loved the way it touched my heart over and over again. It was definitely funny – and hilariously risqué in places – but it was heartwarming with all the feels as well. In other words, it was the perfect book to put me in the Christmas spirit!

“Stop thinking about S/>/>
Nicole Westmoreland
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a funny, fun, and sexy read!!! I enjoyed this book! A great Christmastime read for sure! A little mystery, addressed bullying issues, and of course the attraction factor! YES! A for-sure read!
Susan
Good story of love, family, and letting go of the past. Jade and her sister Amber own a reindeer farm where they are currently gearing up for the Christmas season. The biggest thing they need is someone to play Santa for all the kiddies. Instead of a nice, jolly old man, Amber hires Brandon, ex-high school jock and current Marine, home on leave. Jade isn't too thrilled, but beggars can't be choosers.

Brandon is home on leave as he deals with some family issues. Not one to sit around,
Sandy S
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK:Release Date November 22, 2017

Brandon Brown is the unlikeliest Santa ever to don a red velvet suit. His abs are more cheese grater than bowl full of jelly, and deploying to Syria is the closest he's come to the North Pole. But family drama sends the jaded Marine home for the holidays, and lands him an unexpected gig as a part-time Santa. Jade King is hustling to get Jingle Bell Reindeer Ranch off the ground, and she's not thrilled her sister hir
Sandy S
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.75 stars--

ABOUT THE BOOK:Release Date November 22, 2017

Amber Daulton
Jul 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Book one in the Ponderosa Resort series is a blast. Jade King and her sister Amber are determined to get their new reindeer business off the ground, but mysterious things have been happening around the ranch. Jade refuses to believe anything is wrong, but Amber hires a man to keep an eye on the property. As part of the ruse, he’s also playing Santa Claus, which draws all the flirty moms in town to Jade’s ranch.
Hometown football hero and decorated Marine Brandon Brown is back home to visit
Limecello
Jul 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, library
Really cute story. I think I liked it more than ... the chef one, whatever.
Wavering between 3 and 4 stars. >.> But 4 stars seems "too much" despite my recent spate of 4 star reads which I might be amending if I think about it more. [So apparently authors should hope I rate/review their books at 4 AM but NOT get on GR again that day/soon to change...]

ANYWAY. Brandon and Jade are really cute - I think it's not 4 stars for me because there wasn't much relationship DEVELOPMENT. Li
Jan
Dec 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved this Christmas themed romance from Tawna Fenske.

I was expecting a cheesy, Cheeky, Christmas romance based on the cover but what I got was a sweet story with heartwarming and humorous moments and no cheese at all.

A little bit about the plot:
Brandon has served 13 years in the forces and is now home for Christmas he wants to do something with his time, he hasn't got good memories of Christmas and wants to change that. Brandon is interviewed by Jade's sister who does all the marketing for
Rosie
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you want a fun holiday read to get you in "the mood" PLEASE check out this book by Tawna Fenske!
I love a good holiday story. I love Tawna Fenske. When you put the two together you get an AMAZING good time.

Jade is trying to get her family's farm into new territory by opening up a Reindeer Ranch. When her sister hires the quintessential high school jock to be their new Santa Claus. Brandon has a past that no one really knows about. After serving several tours in the Middle East, he's decided
Nerdy Chic
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well hello Sexy Santa! Studmuffin Santa is a funny Christmas story with a yummy Santa as our hero who makes everyone want to get on the naughty list. This is the perfect Christmas romance to get you in the mood...for Christmas. *wink*

"I wasn't exactly planning to cap off my snow day by banging Santa."

Brandon Brown was the sexy, older football star in high school, now former Marine who has been asked to play Santa in order to help investigate some mysterious happenings at
Misty (Reds Romance Reviews)
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brandon Brown wouldn't be Jade's first choice for Santa, he's everything Santa is not, he's gorgeous, has a finely tuned body, and has some serious sex appeal... but her sister seems to think he is just what they need to get their business off the ground and running. With him around there is sure to be trouble, men like him seem to attract attention, attention that she is sure won't help her new business... not to mention he is a constant reminder of her hurtful past. But, after a few weeks at t ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Getting Naughty...and Nice Boxed Set (Sapphire Falls, #3.5, #3.6, #3.75)
  • Christmas Quickie
  • Hosed (Happy Cat, #1)
  • Stay A Little Longer (The Misfit Inn Book 3)
  • Dear Santa
  • A Lot Like Christmas: A Small Town Southern Romance (Wishful, #11)
  • Exes & Ho Ho Hos
  • Hammered (Happy Cat, #2)
  • All He Wants For Christmas (Yours for Christmas Book, #1)
  • Last Chance Christmas (Road to Romance, #1)
  • Work in Progress (Cook County, #1)
  • You for Christmas
  • Bad Boy Santa
  • Blow Me Away (Mile High Matched, #2)
  • Easy Going (Boys of the Big Easy, #0.5)
  • Whipped (A Second Helpings Story)
  • Mistletoe Mountain (The Mountain Man, #3.5)
  • Holiday Heat
When Tawna Fenske finished her English lit degree at 22, she celebrated by filling a giant trash bag full of romance novels and dragging it everywhere until she’d read them all. Now she’s a RITA Award finalist, USA Today bestselling author who writes humorous fiction, risqué romance, and heartwarming love stories with a quirky twist. Publishers Weekly has praised Tawna’s offbeat romances with mult ...more

Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies (6 books)
  • Chef Sugarlips (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #2)
  • Sergeant Sexypants (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #3)
  • Hottie Lumberjack (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #4)
  • Stiff Suit (Ponderosa Resort Romantic Comedies, #5)
  • Captain Dreamboat