Start by marking “White Rabbit (Alice #0.5)” as Want to Read:
White Rabbit (Alice #0.5)

White Rabbit (Alice #0.5)

Wonderland has changed. Once it was happy and shiny. Now, it's dark and gritty. That's because the drugs poisoning the drinking supply are gone and now the denizens of the city live in harsh reality. Alice is a detective with the Narco unit, who is tasked with keeping the Queen's hallucinogenic drug, White Rabbit, off the street. When a drug bust goes wrong and she gets su ...more

To ask other readers questions about White Rabbit, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about White Rabbit

Rita
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is an extremely engrossing book which will grab your attention and won't let it go again!
The Red Queen's goofy juice, White Rabbit is more potent than normal drugs. One dose gives you a perfect high, however, if you buy the wrong stuff - a cheap knock off of White Rabbit from a competitor - then you die.

There are also other ways to feel happy, to escape the dull life that people in this world have. They can get cheap or expensive body modifications which are all the rage. This gives them t
Bonnie Dale Keck
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not kindle unlimited, not sure any of his are, but I have gotten quite a few freebies so trying to clear them off my computer, kindle, whatever, after reading of course. List at end of what the writer listed in email for his books, not sure if have all of them but will read and review any do. Do NOT see this one on amazon.

okay definitely different take on things a bit, and I've read alternate universe sherlock holmes with Good Queen Mary of Scots..and Houdini...and Doyle...and Challenger...and..
Rosemary
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: fans of classic tales with a twist and fantasy
Shelves: fantasy
White Rabbit - a review by Rosemary Kenny

'Fings ain't wot they used ter be...', says the song and that's certainly true of Wonderland nowadays!
The place's rep has gone right down the pan, with everyone hooked like a fish on White Rabbit -a drug so powerful and popular, the Red Queen had it developed and put in the water supply!
People waste what money they can get on transforming themselves into a rainbow variety of animals from Caterpillars to Dormice, Flamingoes to Walruses - even Rabbits, like
James Frederick
Nov 13, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a very short "grown up" version of Alice in Wonderland. I tend to like reimaginings of old fairy tales, so I was looking forward to reading this. It was my second recent excursion into an updated Alice. It certainly kept my interest, but it was quite a bit darker than what I normally like to read.

It is definitely adult reading material, only. I would not want my kids anywhere around this. It is apparently going to be part of a series of books in the Alice world.

This was not long enough
Marsha
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
White Rabbit by Russell Nohelty

When I picked Up White Rabbit (as a gift from the author for joining his mailing list) I thought it was a short story. Spoiler, it isn't. It is longer than I expected and ends in a cliff hanger. I did enjoy where Nohelty seems to be going with this, so I will probably read more episodes. Basically he twists Through the Looking Glass into something really sinister. Alice is a narcotics police officer, white rabbit is a drug, and The Looking Glass is a place. All of
Ann O'Nymos
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: bookvisor
If you want to read a fairytale or a re-telling classic children's story – don't read this book. If you want to read a weird twisted adult story with characters resembling Alice in Wonderland - this is for you.
It's dark, there are drugs, underdog characters, a detective going rogue, a bit like Dark Knight/Batman. Unfortunately, it is quite short and doesn't start off enough to make me want to read more of the Alice series (is there even more?). It was interesting to imaging what has become of th
Brandon
Apr 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dark, dirty, grimy. That's the Wonderland Nohelty shows, a place skidding donhill after the fall of the Red Queen. Alice, working as a detective in Wonderland's Nacro Squad gives the reader a guided tour of Wonderland and its dark alleys and history. Then she loses her footing and falls from grace by accidentally shooting a kid while pursuing a drug dealer.
The books is wonderfully twisted, delivering all the darkness, corruption, and sleaze of noir detective films and pulp novels, mashed up with
Donna
Sep 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This short story is very dark, weaving the Alice in Wonderland story elements into an underworld of drugs and violence. An interesting read, and I'm intrigued to see where the author takes it next.
NB I received a complimentary copy of this book, but I always give an HONEST review based wholly on my own opinions
Lillian Cummings
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
One of the strangest books I have read in a long time. Who knew that Alice in Wonderland could be a mean ass narco cop that just wants justice. But after chasing the bunny is kills a kid not that she can remember as she was as high as a kite not her fault though. Will she find the bunny and get the answers that she is looking for? A good read.
Rachel McKitterick
Ok.....
That was weird. And not in a good 'Alice in Wonderland' way. I dont know what to make of it. I didnt understand half of it but the other half that I did get, was good. If this was longer, as an actual novel and not just a novella, It may have been better. Still, I did like the real Wonderland references.
Regina
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ooooo.... I hate this. It's a teaser short story. And like Rabbit, one taste of the addictive elixir, all you want, all you need is more.

I hope RN doesn't disappoint with the series because this promises a twisted tale of noirish grit with the madness of Wonderland.
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks-i-own
2.5/5

An interesting take on the setting and characters of Alice and Wonderland. I'm somewhat inclined to read more.

I thought some of the swearing and language was excessive or unnecessary, but it could have been worse.
Saundra Wright
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Whether you love detective fiction with a bit of whimsy or just love the memory of Wonderland, this is the book for you. It's a look at Wonderland as you've never imagined it before!
Aaron  Polish
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I got from Book Bub, and it ended at chapter 7 or 8, but very good, I thought that was the whole story but its not.
Garth Mailman
Jan 05, 2018 rated it liked it
Short. Drugs and Violence in a dystopian future world. Profanity. If there is a demand for hallucinogenic drugs, someone is bound to fill it if the market is profitable whether or not it’s legal.
Debbie Lawrie
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I love twisted slants on Alice and nursery rhymes - this is right up my alley. I was getting into it only to have it abruptly finish (hence a star deduction.)
Sherry Ramsey
Melissa Beardsley
Dec 05, 2018
Dawn Brockett
Dec 05, 2018
Join my mailing list and receive FREE stories!

Russell Nohelty is a USA TODAY bestselling author of science fiction and fantasy books that are both entertaining and thought-provoking. He fills his books with action, adventure, mystery, and thrills.

Russell was born in northern New Jersey, grew up in Northern Virginia, went to college in Maryland, and now lives in