Start by marking “Rescuing Prince Charming” as Want to Read:
Rescuing Prince Charming

Rescuing Prince Charming

(Alien Contact for Idiots #4)

Dusty Johnson, a self-styled ordinary, everyday woman, responds with extraordinary heroism to saboteurs trying to bomb the prototype of Earth's first starship. She wants to return to anonymity, but her moment of courage propels her ever deeper into danger that tears the scabs off her dark past—and thrusts her into the arms of the unattainable man of her dreams.

Reese Eagles
ebook
Published December 4th 2017 by Edward Hoornaert

Start your review of Rescuing Prince Charming
Lisabet Sarai
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Desdemona Johnson, or Dusty as she prefers, is no heroine. She’s a mere tech writer, just one of the hundreds of humans and Kwadrans laboring in the caverns of the Wiki, with the dream of creating Earth’s first interstellar spacecraft. So what’s she doing searching the evacuated underground corridors for a saboteur’s bomb? And who is the mysterious, gorgeous Kwadran who turns up to help? The rush of emotion from their near-fatal adventure pushes them into one another’s arms, a very uncharacteris ...more
Donna
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was a pleasant surprise for me!! It was a lot of fun! It covers a number of genres. It is action packed, full of adventure, suspense, mystery, romance, sci-fi, humor and so much more! Like I said, it was a lot of fun!

The beginning starts out with a bang, I couldn’t put it down! And even though there were times that the book wasn’t as adventurous or action packed, it kept my interest throughout. I’m telling you...I COULDN’T PUT IT DOWN!!!

The characters were really well written. I loved
Diane Burton
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cinderella Meets the Prince. Dusty is an ordinary girl with an ordinary job in a super-secret facility. While she's hunting for a bomb (ticking clock), a guy tells her to pull off his pants. Now if that isn't a cute meet, I don't know what is. Seems he crawled into a tunnel and his pants are hooked on a jagged piece of metal. BTW, he's found the bomb. She has no idea who this guy is but, whew, he is hot. And, btw, he's a prince.

Reese is the second son, the playboy, who's put in charge of getting
Bry
Jan 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
I must admit, I did not finish this book. I got about 56% through, but that's it for me. These characters are supposed to be the smartest of the smart, working on a top-secret, underground, highly professional project, but instead they talk and act like damned high schoolers. The gossip, bullying, and unprofessional behavior is ridiculous.

The science part of the book is wonky, hole filled, and not well thought through. The "alien race", which are actually humans from a parallel dimension, are s
Sadie Forsythe
DNF 20%

I just got tired of the info-dumps and hand-wavy science. Plus, the actual writing style grated on my nerves. Despite the fact that I generally enjoy sci-fi romances, even cheesy ones (though I love them for entirely different reasons), this isn't the book for me.
Anthonia
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
A wonderfully well written story that i enjoyed reading. Talk about not your typical meeting and this. is so Cinderella meets her Prince. The story was action packed, clever, funny, nice romance, and issues. A must read for any and all book lovers everywhere.
C.J. Shane
Jul 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I’ve been curious about a trend in current publishing that I read about - romantic sci-fi. I knew the author Edward Hoornaert has had a successful career writing romance so I wanted to see what he would do in the sci-fi genre. The book is easy to read, and Hoornaert writes great action scenes. It’s easy to like the characters, too. Dusty is an Arizona girl who doesn’t think of herself as a hero, but she’s a stand-up gal who steps up when she sees a problem that needs solving. The charming prince ...more
Cassey
Dec 04, 2017 rated it liked it
A tricky book to review.

On the surface of it this story should have everything going for it, but it didn't quite hit the sweet spot to get four stars. I liked Dusty, especially the ways in which she battled with being a heroine...yet there were parts of her characterisation that rung hollow. No way did she not pick up on some of the things she missed.

Another reason why this didn't get to four stars - the overplayed trope of younger sibling needing to atone for something, with the atonement mean
Joyce
Desdemona Johnson or Dusty is trying to find a bomb when she encounters Reese who is also doing the same. It turns out Reese is the new person in charge and a prince as well. They fight their attraction for each other. Reese is from an alternate earth that brought a whole island with them. Together they are working to build a spaceship to explore the universe. There are some that are trying to stop them and Dusty and Reese try to figure it all out before one of them gets killed.

Even though I ha
Frances Law
Jan 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this as an arc reader. I hadn’t read any of Ed Hoornaert’s books before and I was very pleasantly impressed. Dusty Johnson is working on the first inter dimensional space ship as an engineer. Prince Eaglesbrood has been sent in to replace his aunt who is falling down on the job of getting it completed by the date decided upon.
Dusty can’t understand why the work she does has no faults but others are obviously falling down on the job. She starts to get suspicious and determines to speak to
Tammy
Feb 01, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
At the beginning I was like "whoa", then it dropped off a bit. Dusty was a great character and I enjoyed her techie thinking. Reese was a good character but I didn't get as much from him. The relationship between the two of them put me off. Too much sex without any other interactions before the love word was thrown about not to mention a weird timed sex romp near the end. The concept was very interesting and the plot was steady. I will pick up more by this author even though this one lost some o ...more
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
This has one of the best opening scenes every. What a way for two people to meet. The rest of the book had to work very hard to live up to the opening. Prince Charming has not been successful in life, in fact he just kept messing up. This time he wants to succeed but events and things are working against him. Dusty Johnson just wants to be left alone to work on humans first space ship. She does not trust and he is afraid he will mess up again. The two are on an interesting course that kept the s ...more
Rebecca
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love to read! I love reading certain types of books and when I started this particular book I wasn't sure if it was up my alley or not but it was amazing! This book spans a plethora of reading genres. It is packed full of action, adventure, suspense, romance, murder and so much more. It's an absolute must read! Don't discount the book just because it is a little different than what you normally read. It is so worth it! ...more
InD'tale Magazine
4.5/5.0

The world-building in “Rescuing Prince Charming” is phenomenal, and the science-fiction aspect works very well.

Read full review in the 2018 March issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Janet Stead
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I would normally not even pick up a book that had anything to do with other planets and aliens. But I'm glad I did - this was an EXCELLENT book. I found myself, when I had to put it down, looking forward to seeing what was coming next. I would gladly try more of Edward Hoornaert's books - and I highly recommend this one. ...more
Patricia
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I received this free from NetGalley and the publisher for an honest review.
One little thing that really bothered me is that the "alien" is really a human from an alternate universe. Other than that really enjoyable read. Interesting storyline. In fact, so interesting that I am going to read the first in the series.
Zuzana899
Jan 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, dnf, romance
DNF at 39 %.

Unfortunately, this book was not for me. It was not bad, but there was no tension or chemistry between main characters. They jumped right to the intimate level so there was really no room for a relationship developmend or sexual tension, what is a pity, otherwise I would like the book a bit more, I guess.

Thanks to Netgalley for this arc.
Dee
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What fun! Loved it!!

I enjoyed this book from beginning to end. Mr. Hoornaert brings his great writing, humorous writing style to both characters and storyline. If you like sci-fi romance, this is a book for you! Recommended!!
Tena
Feb 04, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2-goodread_wins
I won a kindle version #GoodreadsGiveaway
Sandy
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Not so good

I really didn't like it very much, just didn't seem like much of a story to me and it was boring.
Mary Ortiz
Nov 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved reading this book can’t wait to read more of the series.
Sandra Eggleston
Mar 03, 2018
Feb 12, 2018
Debee Sue
Feb 04, 2018

• Unraveled (Untangled #1)
  • Traceless (Stateless, #2)
  • The Arrangement 3: The Ferro Family (The Arrangement, #3)
  • Rogue (SEAL Team: Disavowed #1)
  • Fateless  (Stateless #3)
  • Into The Never Never
  • Land of Falling Stars
  • How to Date Your Brother's Best Friend
  • Snowbound with Mr. Wrong
  • Southwest of Love and Murder (Love and Murder #2)
  • Hollywood Player (Hollywood Name Game Book 3)
  • Dirty Talk (Get Dirty, #1)
  • The Turkish Affair
  • The Paladin (Mariposa, #3)
  • Secrets of The Ravine (MacKenzie Chronicles, #1)
  • IOU
  • Veiled Heat (The Heat Chronicles Book 2)
  • A Turkish Affair

Alien Contact for Idiots (5 books)
  • Alien Contact for Idiots: A Native American scifi romance
  • Alien Contact for Kid Sisters (Alien Contact for Idiots #2)
  • Newborn (Alien Contact for Idiots #3)
  • Alien Contact for Runaway Moms