Start by marking “Pirate's Curse: Division 1 (The Berkano Vampire Collection)” as Want to Read:
Pirate's Curse: Division 1 (The Berkano Vampire Collection)

Pirate's Curse: Division 1 (The Berkano Vampire Collection)

Once upon a time, a vampire and a witch fell in love, and that love fractured the world. Now divided into sixteen isolated Divisions, the world is an unstable and dangerous place.

In the Division of NOLA, Catheryn Beauregard fears her burgeoning magical powers. Hiding as just another slave in the home of the Hoodoo Queen, Catheryn hopes her simplistic powers will simply
Published October 22nd 2017 by Fallen Sorcery

To ask other readers questions about Pirate's Curse, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pirate's Curse

Start your review of Pirate's Curse: Division 1 (The Berkano Vampire Collection)
Kimberly
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Vampire Pirates was something I never thought I'd read about, but this was pure fun from start to finish.
Ronnie
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it

When Leigh Anderson agreed to send me an e-copy of the Pirate's Curse I was over the moon. I'm positive that vampire stories will never stop attracting me and this book seemed special because there aren't only vampires in it, there are vampire PIRATES and that fact just doubled the level of my excitement.

With Pirate's Curse I received a nicely packed bundle of adventure with twists and turns at every co
Katherine Bogle
Mar 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Real rating: 3.5 stars

I have very mixed feelings about this book... Though I liked how it ended, wrapping up in a nice HEA (which I strongly appreciate as it IS a standalone), there were a lot of problems I had with it, especially around the middle.

Let me start off by saying the world is intriguing, though could definitely have been expanded upon more in this book alone. The setting itself wasn't very vivid most of the time and I felt frustrated by the lack of details which had me c
Chantay
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
A delightful read

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and read it all in one night. It’s a story about a young woman who sold herself into slavery to save her sister and was captured by a vampire with whom she fell in love.

I loved how we get to see Cateryn’s development and bolster in confidence as the book progresses and it wasn’t just an immediate thing. She grew into herself and her acceptance of her responsibilities with her newfound powers. Rainier, I loved him. I loved how the a
Simone Bhalla
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
3.7 stars!!!

It was a nice - quite unique read, haven't read anything about pirates from ages then as bonus you get vampires and witches.

I was into this book from the beginning at first it put me off how the main hero treated humans as they were nothing to him...

I get vampires need to drink blood but to drink them dry till they were dry husks not nice but then slowly he redeemed himself.

Both characters were a bit annoying with their feelings they confessed to themselves that the ot
Caroline Doig
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the 1st book I’ve read and reviewed for Leigh Anderson and it was absolutely fantastic. This is the story of Catheryn who sells herself into slavery to take care of her sister, she is also a witch but she tries to hide that part of her. Rainier is the captain of his own ship and is a vampire and he captures Catheryn. I loved this story and I also had a laugh as well, Catheryn isnt just your typical slave and the banter between Rainier and Catheryn is absolutely hilarious. Fantastic read, ...more
Christinaraven
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a crazy and fun book to read. It had action, pirates, vampires, magic, crazy powerful "people" and random stuff that made me say what? I was hooked from the first chapter and loved it. Made me laugh a few times too. It started out with attacking pirates and got better. I loved how Catheryn and Captain Rainier Dulocke interacted. They made me laugh. Catheryn is not the typical slave and made the story just that little bit better. I thought the story was good and had many funny scenes to ente ...more
Linda Levine
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the story. The characters and romance are different from what you typically see and I wasn't sure how it would all end.

I really liked that you got the story from both her and her point of view. It made it easy to connect to them and the story.

I enjoyed the fact while the characters are paranormals that they have the same insecurities and desire to protect and love as anyone else. They are not superheros that can solve everything and have faced great losses.

I am voluntaril
Sandy
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
First, let me say that I received an adance copy of this book from booksprout to leave a review. Second, I only leave a truthful review of my reading.

So, with that said, on to the review. This story was gr8. It's been many years since I read about pirates, they were my favorite genre about 35 years ago. Even though this story of pirates is a little more futeritic\sci-fi. I can't wait to read more about the Berkano Vampire collection. I recommend this read. 5 Thumbs up
Jennifer Soppe
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it

Set in a magical cataclysmic earth dimension, Pirate's Curse is a good start to the Berkano Vampire Collection. Different from other urban fantasy type books, PC gives the reader with a chilling thrill ride as we follow Catheryn, a slave with special abilities, and Rainier, a vampire pirate, on their adventure.

Unique paranormal read
Hanna
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a complicated paranormal romance that will get you sucked in and hold on to you until you have read every word! How will she choose between the three different divisions that she has connections to and will she share the secret of her powers? Who will she trust??? THis story had so many questions you couldn't wait for the answers.

Ashley
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
A different kind of pirate novel. These are vampire pirates, and in this world are witches as well. A witch and a vampire are falling for each other, but will it work? I enjoyed the characters and their differences described by Anderson. I thought the book had a great plot and overall flow. There were some grammar issues, but nothing to really hinder the reading experience.

I received an arc of this book and am voluntarily reviewing.
Christina Luberts
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wow, this story was so different than any of the other books I have read on vampires and witches. You have Pirate Vampires, witches with humans as slaves. Can a Vampire and witch really be together? Can they fight the Queen Witch? Can Catheryn find her sister? Can they all stop fighting each other? I received an arc copy for my honest review.
Sydney Isaac
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fantastic concept for a PNR, I love the combination of genres. The characters are interesting and likeable; some of the dialogue between the MCs is hilarious! I'm really looking forward to seeing where this series goes.

Tanya
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
a love affair between a vampire and a witch had doomed the world which has now split into 16 areas, she finds she has powers which she hopes will disappear so she hides out as a slave but will her powers become more and will she even be able to live and maybe even find love. a wonderful read which will keep you guessing until the end
Tera Comer
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Interesting concept

This is the first book I have read by Leigh Anderson but I have read many by Rebecca Hamilton. I loved several different concepts that were put into place in the story line. The world building fits perfectly with other books from the collection that I have read.
Lady The Owls
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! what a ride through the Pirates life and a bit beyond in fantasy. I so enjoyed the story and was wanting more once i finished. You like vampires and sea life and witches all rolled in to one. So much action betrayal and so much more a must not miss story!
Sharon
Feb 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Pirate's Curse

Good characters and an interesting story with plenty of action and some twists and turns throughout to keep you intrigued

Shonese Scott Brown
A little skeptical.....

I was a little skeptical about reading this book but I will say it was pretty good. The book was about vampires and witches but also about courage and believing in yourself. Very good book with a great storyline.
Stacey
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just started this series and all I can say is it kept my attention from the very beginning . I am a fast reader but this book was so good i read it in a day and half. I dont leave spoilers so you will have to trust me its well worth buying the bool
Richard Goodrum
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A short epic: humans, witches, and vampires. :-) Great story. Well written.
Right from the beginning, Catheryn captured my heart.
I was provided this book as an ARC by the author; however, the review is my honest opinion.
Hollie-Mystery Girl 27
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is awesome. The story is filled with action right from the beginning. Plus it has it all pirates witches magic and suspense. Can't wait for another book in the series.
Nancy  L Thompson
Bravo 👏👏👏

This book was grrrreat!!! I didn't want to out it down. I wish the H didn't have to change. If this author writes more IR stories I'll be one of the first to read tjem
Scherrie
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable and entertaining read. Interesting storyline that you just can’t put down. Great characters.

Allan
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a fun read. Vampires, Witches, Pirates, and a Lady Pirate, what could be more fun. A well written adventure. We have land battles, sea battles, storms.
Carol
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very enjoyable book! I really enjoyed all the characters and the plot. The ending kind of left you high and dry but the story was very good.
I would recommend it to other readers.
Hector
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wha is there to say about pirates curse this book was well written anth the main character was out of htis world loved this story get asap
Nadea Angel
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Decisions to be made by catheryn will have an impact as her life changes from one scene to the next in a race to the conclusion.

Smile 2 Day
rated it it was ok
Mar 08, 2018

• Smolder (Underground Encounters, #1)
Leigh Anderson is an American author and editor living and traveling in Asia. She has a master’s degree in English and her thesis was on Gothic imagery in vampire literature. You can learn more about her at her website LeighAndersonRomance.com.