Start by marking “Free to Dream” as Want to Read:
Free to Dream

Free to Dream

(Amaryllis #1)

Cassidy Freeman doesn’t believe dreams come true because every night her dreams trap her in a nightmare she barely escaped as a child. She maintains rigid control over all aspects of her life, giving the illusion she's strong and confident. Allowing very few close enough to see the brave heart buried beneath, she’s convinced she’ll carry her burdens alone.

From the minute t
Published August 9th 2018 by Tracey Jerald

To ask other readers questions about Free to Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Free to Dream

Dilek VT
There are a lot of abuse survivors in this book. I must warn you that there are some details about child abuse, as well.

I find stories of abuse survivors worth reading so I wanted to read this book.

Our heroine has made her own family and there are lots of side characters in the book. The guy who saved her from her abusers, and four more girls they have picked up some time in their lives have managed through the hardships of life and created their own family under the name of Freeman. A made-up
Bookphenomena (Micky)
2.5 - 3 stars

I liked the story concept and I found it easy if a bit ‘dropped straight into the fire’ to get into. The heroine was likeable and admirable but I didn’t always gel with the writing style. I found some of the description clunky and the family in general didn’t grab me. I didn’t enjoy the food scene (if you’ve read this, you’ll understand me).

There was a compelling story to be told here and there was a clever twist that I didn’t see coming. A solid debut but it didn’t wow me. I would
Dora Koutsoukou
Aug 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
4,5 ❤💔❤💔🌹🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣❣❣

“Her strength brings me to my knees.
Her honour is like a sword to my gut, slowly bleeding me.
She’s the other half of me.
The dream I didn’t know I was chasing.
The quiet to the storm in my soul. “ Caleb
Alissa
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is one of those rare debuts where you just can’t believe this was the author’s first book!! I absolutely loved this story and the entire cast of characters. Normally the hero is what makes a story for me, but in this case I fell in love with Cassidy. She’s so fierce, strong and independent, especially after everything she’s been through. She and Caleb have a unique story and I enjoyed the ride. I would’ve liked just a little more of an in depth look in the situation with Keene towards the e ...more
Soulla Georgiou
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This debut novel totally blew me away! One of my top reads of 2018. Free To Dream was recommended to me and I couldn't resist picking it up. And I'm so happy I did.

This story stands out in a market that it saturated with the same old romance books. Romance books that you feel like you've read a million times before.

But Cassidy and Caleb's story is unique, suspenseful and full of heartache and swoon. The secondary characters are a delight too.

This book had me hooked from the first line and I sa
Milica's Bookshelf
It's hard for me to believe this is Tracey's first book! It's awesome! Loved every single page of it! Caleb & Cassidy are so such wonderful couple, perfect for each other.
Can't wait to read Ali's & Keene's story!

Three Chicks
Sep 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Review by Lisa Kane

This one just didn't do it for me. The main character was so abused that she had never been on an actual date. The insta love between Cassidy and Caleb felt forced. There were so many characters in her adopted family (all abuse survivors) that their personalities just become too jumbled and mixed up. And every single one of them was so talented and successful...

The stories from the family members themselves and their histories would have been enough but then there was
Sue
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by Tracey Jerald and certainly won’t be my last! I loved it!!!! Couldn’t put it down!
Coco.V
Mar 19, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/19/2019)! 🎁

Blurb:

From the minute they met, Caleb Lockwood disrupted everything by destroying her sense of order. Hi
Tiffany
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this story!!! So many twists and turns, angst, love, lust it was just amazing.

Cassidy has a very dark past but keeps it hidden very well or so she thought. In walks Caleb to help plan his brother's wedding. Sparks FLY! This book is so much more than your average love story. It touches on some very deep subjects and the author portrays them so well. I can't wait to read the next book!

"Just because something is a difficult mess, doesn't mean you won't find something beautiful i
Lorelei Frank
May 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Must read!

I don't think I have ever read a more dramatic story ever! The lives torn apart and slowly out back together again. You will cry reading this story but you will also laugh!
Ri
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My heart

Sweet lord. I had no idea going into this new to me author that she was going to gut me. This story. Holy hell. Cassidy and Caleb are truly what love should be about.

The horrors, and the subsequent aftermath, Cassidy went through was enough to give even the heartless a heart. She truly is the epitome of, "she believed she could, so she she did." What she endeared was handled with grace by the author which I greatly appreciate. The relationships she had with her family was beautiful. I l
Sassy Southern
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing! I was truly on the edge of my seat while reading this. With the amount of twists and turns it had it was anything but surprising that I was eat and sleeping this book. It had so many emotions. Fantastic plot. I was obsessed with this book. So much so I picked it up every chance I had. Even taking it to the bathroom with me. The way this book flowed was amazing. There were things in this book not many authors would delve into. This was done in such a way that it made you fa ...more
Lourdes Acosta
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Addicting 10 shinning stars!!!
This book consumed me from prologue to end its because of the way this author wrote it was beautiful even the angst was worth my tears.
The darkness Cassidy suffered had me filled with emotions and hurt for her. What a strong woman.
Cassidy & Caleb's chemistry was off the charts and how Caleb was her 1st in so many ways still has my heart beating.
I also loved all the secondary characters.
I still cannot believe this is a debut novel for this author.
Cannot wait for
Iman
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
The whole story is over the top : abuse survivors with crazy personalities create their own family and wedding planning business, strong h, caring alpha H, weddings, secrets, twists every 10pages...

I am on vacation so it fit the « I don’t care if it is believable, I am on vacation » bill perfectly!

Full disclosure : I skipped all pages describing her abuse, it was too horrific for me.
Susan W
Jan 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019, pov-both
It was a good read but the h’s past abuse was hard to read. To the extent author wrote about it, I would have liked more closure as to the punishment of the abusers. The way the author ended up linking the characters at end was completely unbelievable. Also, the epilogue wasn’t belieavable to the extent they had kids, hard to believe given her past abuse.
Kim Carter
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: series, suspense
Very good debut novel, does not end in cliffy, next book is about 2 characters we meet in Free to Dream. Looking forward to it!
Amanda Dubuque
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great book. This is my first book by Tracey Jerald and I will be reading more. If you haven't tried any of her books, give them you a try you will like them.
Amber Gragg
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
OMG the feels!! This book made me laugh, smile and cry the whole way thru!! I was absolutely not disappointed!! There is some very heart wrenching times.. but it all comes together so well great!
Passionpages50
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: angsty-reads
If I could write a debut novel as well as Tracey Jerald just did, I'd quit my job tomorrow.

What a great book! Fascinating plot, full of twists and turns that kept me glued to the pages. I love a well written romantic suspense, and this book delivered.

CEO wedding planner Cassidy Freeman knows how important maintaining focus and control is when trying to pull off every bride's dream wedding. She and her siblings have been the masterminds behind too many successful weddings and events to count. So,
Kelly
Aug 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-2-blog
It was the relationships that hooked me--a great debut

Caleb and Cassidy are well-matched, both care deeply for their siblings and both are workaholics who are cynical about love. Plus Caleb loves a challenge, and with Cassidy's background (and the hole Caleb dug for himself at their initial meeting), Cassidy certainly is that. Caleb was a bit of an a-hole but he won me over--I loved how protective and caring he could be. I loved Cassidy's strength and spirit; her background was very intense and
Amy M. (Amy Loves Reading Blog)
Oh my goodness. I’m in tears crying so badly at work. What a great way to be introduced to an author!! I can’t wait to keep reading this series and fall in love with each character!

Cassidy is one hell of a woman and beyond inspiring. Honestly, the beginning was a bit slow for me but I could feel something was going to happen that would change that and boy did that ever!! The things this entire family has endured and then to still be a representation of putting families together as event planners
Tracie Simister
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Author: Tracey Jerald
Format: Kindle Edition
Published on: Aug 4, 2018

I voluntarily received a Courtesy Copy of this book from Foreword PR & Marketing and am choosing to leave a review.
>-< >-< >-< >-< >-<>-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-< >-<
What I liked/Didn’t Like: Amazing writing, and storyline. The characters came to life
Lorrie Dezzutti
Aug 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Captivated

Completely captivated by the characters and the story they tell. Getting lost in a book for hours both crying and laughing tells me this is a story well told. Keep writing and dreaming. We all need more of your stories!
Reese
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was ok
**2.3 stars**
Jane Ashley Converse
Aug 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A deep emotional story that rips your heart apart before healing back together. Loved Free to Dream! Can’t wait for more from this author! Highly recommended!
Carma
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-kindle
Ineffable Book Blog
Aug 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
From the very start of this book, you can read between the lines and know that these characters have a pretty dark past and some things that they definitely hadn't gotten over and is still affecting their day-to-day lives. And through a not-so-chance meeting but still kind of, Cassidy and Caleb meet and seem to help each other alleviate some of their demons.

I really enjoyed a lot of the relationships that occurred in this book, and not just those between Cassidy and Caleb. Cassidy has this whol
Sandra
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This debut novel by Tracy Jerald was an amazing find! I felt so many emotions that at times it was very hard to continue. The horrific abuse a child can go through is definitely very difficult to read but seeing the inner strength and resilience, love from family and love from a strong man is just as beautiful to read.

Cassidy Freeman is definitely a survivor, she still has nightmares and have issues of intimacy but from what she’s endured as a child, one can not blame her. But with the help of
Lisa
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just read this book in one sitting, not coming up for air until I had devoured ever last word and this...this was an incredible read. It was powerful, emotional, fast paced and had me on the edge of my seat. My heart is still racing.

Cassidy is an incredible woman. She is a survivor after being subjected to years of torment and abuse. With her family, she has created a life for herself planning events. She is grace and hope and courage in one package. Although she has closed herself off from ev
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Like a Boss (Double Trouble Duet Book 1)
  • ForePlay (Checkmate, Inc., #1)
  • Mend Your Heart (Bounty Bay, #4)
  • Binary Law (Boston, #1)
  • Hot Daddy (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
  • Heading East (True North, #2)
  • Best Laid Plans (Desire Resort, #2)
  • Chasing Stars (Crossing Stars, #1)
  • Red Hot Rival
  • Hitched (Promise Harbor Wedding, #4)
  • Busted (Promise Harbor Wedding, #3)
  • Lumbersexual
  • Luck on the Line (On the Verge #1)
  • Welcome to the Cameo Hotel
  • Train Wreck (Collision Series, #1)
  • The Winner Takes It All (Something New, #2)
  • Happy Hour (Charity Case, #3)
  • The Kingmaker (Powerplay #2)
Please direct all inquiries to my personal email - authortraceyjerald@gmail.com for a faster response

To sign up for her newsletter, go to: smarturl.it/TraceyJerald_News

Tracey Jerald knew she was meant to be a writer when she would re-write the ending of books in her head on her bike when she was a young girl growing up in southern Connecticut. It wasn’t long before she was typing alternate ending

Amaryllis (4 books)