Start by marking “No Less Days” as Want to Read:
No Less Days

No Less Days

David Galloway can’t die.

How many lifetimes can God expect one man to live? Over a century old, David Galloway isolates himself from the mortal humans who die or desert him by making a quiet life as a used bookstore owner in Northern Michigan. But then he spots a news article about a man who, like him, should be dead.

Daredevil celebrity Zachary Wilson walked away unsca
Published May 1st 2018 by Shiloh Run Press

Hannah
Well, to be perfectly honest, I must say that I wasn't even considering reading this until I saw the cover. Speculative isn't my thing, and I wasn't going to risk reading a book I was pretty sure I wouldn't like. But then it popped up on NetGalley, and I grabbed it on impulse.

In the very first chapter, I was hooked. I had too much to do to read it in one sitting, but I did read it in under 24 hours. The writing style is so thoughtful and flows so well, with a cadence that has a trifle of nostalg
Amanda G. Stevens
Nov 15, 2017 marked it as wrote  ·  (Review from the author)
Meet David Galloway. Lived a century and a half, hasn't aged past thirty-five. Lover of books, soldier and defender. Man of God, man who makes mistakes. Solitary soul by choice, nevertheless desperately lonely. About to discover a community he never knew existed, but there will be a cost.

Here's hoping you will grow to love this young/old man.
Jerry
Aug 03, 2018 rated it liked it
The plot of this book is bizarre, like a SyFy Channel telefilm. It works as a literary parable of sorts; parts of it weirded me out, though.
Staci
Aug 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Love the cover! And what’s not to love about a bookstore owner as the main character?

I enjoyed aspects of the novel. I do not read much speculative fiction. My rating may be more a reflection of my reading taste than the novel itself.
Rachel McMillan
Feb 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is unlike anything I have ever read before. Alluring and timeless, it is punctured with bittersweet nostalgia and a rumination on eternity as well as the ripples we cast into the fabric of the world. A hero that captures from page one, a universe that never once breaks its own rules, a fantastical look at questions of faith and time and the vastness of eternity.

There are deeper theological tenets than may initially be seen as a reader falls into the engaging and accessible prose. It is
Loraine
I have to begin by saying that speculative fiction is not one of my favorite genres, but Amanda Steven's writing pulls me in every single time. The premise for this particular book is immortality. David, the main character, is a longevite or immortal. He was 165 years old but his aging process had stopped at 35.

Steven's writing style, word choice, and sentence flow carried the story from chapter to chapter and kept drawing me deeper into the story. I loved the setting of David's bookshop and ho
Sheila Goicea
See my FULL review of this book on my blog along with others at: shesgoingbookcrazy.com

description

All included quotes have been taken from an ARC and may not match the finished publication.

description

Content Warning: Violence, Domestic Violence/Abuse, Death
“He was one hundred sixty-seven years old. And he would always be thirty-five.”

It’s been a while since I’ve read a Christian Fiction. Young Adult continues to become staler, so I welcomed the change in genre.

My desire to like this book ended up outweighing how muc
Fiction Aficionado
Have you ever met a character you desperately wanted to hug? Not in a book-boyfriend kind of way, but in an ‘I see your burdens and I want to help you carry them’ kind of way? David Galloway is that character. He might look like he’s only thirty-five, but he’s been alive for more than 150 years. And those years weigh on his soul. We often think of immortality as something to be prized. David Galloway will challenge you to rethink that idea in a profound way.

I’ve actually read this book twice now
Emilie Hendryx
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Enigmatic and imaginative, No Less Days holds readers hostage to a beautifully written story that boldly touches on the real--and hard--things of this life. Amanda delivers truth and creativity in equal measure, balancing the speculative with the contemporary in a way that will keep you turning pages until the end.

My rating: 4.5*

—-
Thank you to the author and Barbour for letting me read an advanced copy of this! My thoughts are entirely my own.
Kav
Sep 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Honestly, though I was intrigued by this back blurb, No Less Days languished on my TBR pile until just before it was due back at the library. Probably because I didn't know exactly what to expect. I'm such a cautious reader sometimes! And guess what? I was hooked by page two and settled into a serious reading fest since the book was due the next day! Bwahahaha!! I'm such a doofus!

The whole immortality concept fascinates me -- especially the unexpected burdens associated with living and loving am
Elizabeth Dragina
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*stares at book* Ahhh! That did not just happen!! When will the next book come out? This is crazy! Amanda can NOT just end the book this way!! *takes deep breath* Alright I can be patient.... for now...

This is a fantasy story set in our world as it is. The characters have unnatural abilities....

David : Is a thirty-five year old man searching for the reason God created him different from other human beings. Hiding from a past that haunts him and a burden he doesn't understand, David comes face t
Megan Besing
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I liked David—a lot.
I’m not entirely sure what I expected this story to be about…but it surprised me. Wonderful points: The story in no way drags, and the conflict/struggles of the characters kept building, keeping me turning the pages.
The spiritual thread was one that hasn’t been over done and worked well with bringing out the compassion the reader will have for the main character. (Making me like David even more.)
I’m a fan of this author. (Read her other series) And what I like best about thi
Charlotte
Apr 25, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a BookishFirst book.
I have mixed feelings about this one. I struggled a lot in the beginning to get interested. I kept reading hoping for something to happen because when I read the synopsis it sound like it would be a great book. I was disappointed. Nothing happened until David found more of his kind and even then it only became slightly more interesting for me. The only reason I have this one 3 stars instead of 2 is because of the exceptionally well developed characters. I think the au
Yvette (bookworlder)
No Less Days is difficult to define by genre. The publisher lists it as Suspense, and it is that; the author's bio states that she writes Speculative Fiction, and it is that too, though it is also Contemporary (small town) Fantasy. But at the heart it is the story of a man who feels alone but for his faith in God, a man who finally learns that he is not the only one of his kind after a century of living and losing those he loves.

It is that discovery, and a new openness to relationship, that enge
Nadine Keels
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I had something of an up and down relationship with this book. I was so drawn in by the title and the first line of the blurb, I didn't read past that before diving into the novel. I found the first quarter of it or so to be intriguing as all get out.

Yet, most of the read was slow for me, and I didn't get a sense of a focused, driving point or purpose in the plot. It was almost as if stuff was just...happening, and I couldn't tell how much a particular subplot was even necessary. The novel stops
Sarah Monzon
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I read a lot and so I’m always looking for books that are unique and out of the box. This book ticks both those boxes in a thought provoking way. I loved the characters, especially David, and the depth of their emotions and struggles. I loved the range of diversity in this book which was handled on so many levels. This is a story that will stick with the you. One you’ll be pondering long after 5e last page.
Lisa Johnson
May 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Title: No Less Days
Author: Amanda G. Stevens
Pages: 320
Year: 2018
Publisher: Shiloh Run Press
My rating is 5 out of 5 stars.
Amanda has written a unique story that begs the question, “Would anyone want to live forever”? Her main character, David Galloway, has lived many lifetimes with many memories both good and bad. He wonders if he is the only one to have done so. David is a former soldier and thinks like one, but his faith is deep including the seasons of wrestling with God. David owns a bookstor
Andrea
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed watching Stevens’ writing craft advance with each book she has written. Her proses, which were already good in her first series, seem even better in this new one. As always, her characters are very well developed with intricacies that bring them to life. The thought patterns of her main character (David) are so rich, I am left feeling as though I know his heart very well, but I still want to know him more. I am also left with hints about the secondary characters that make me excit ...more
Iola
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No Less Days is Forever with a dash of Highlander. It’s part science fiction and part urban fantasy. David Galloway is 167 years old, but looks thirty-five, thanks to a doctor who saved his life over 130 years ago. He’s survived five major wars, and now makes a living selling second-hand and antique books. He thinks he’s the only one of his kind until he sees a news story about a daredevil who falls to his death crossing the Grand Canyon, yet miraculously survives.

David is curious. There is no w
Elyse
Won E-Book ARC from BookishFirst.com.

Nowhere does this book say it's Christian fiction. EDIT: Ok on the Amazon page it does but as I got an ARC, I didn't know it was. I don't mind reading Christian fiction but I do like to be warned beforehand. This is considered speculative fiction and that's all I've seen for genre. So I will warn other people outright.

Going into this I liked it. I liked the concept a lot and thought it was pretty interesting. Then we got too religious for my taste but I'm ac
Karis
No Less Days is not my typical read. Yet now within six months, I’ve read it twice and parts of it more than that. Why? Why has this book with its unique premise captured my imagination and heart so?

Quite possibly it has something to do with the setting—a quaint little bookstore in my very own beloved home state or the captivating writing, the intense emotions churning in the book, the gentle and beautiful romance, the believable oldness and history of the main characters, or the themes of fait
Amy
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No Less Days was a book that was so out of the box for an inspirational read and I enjoyed it immensely. I do not know if I would call it a paranormal story or not but whatever category it fits in, it was an exciting and a very different read.

One of my favorite shows on TV was a drama called Forever (which sadly only lasted one season, but that season is worth a watch), and it dealt with a man who could not die. He was a few hundred years old and life continued on with him whether he liked it o
Karin
David Galloway was a drummer in the Civil War and now in 2018 looks 35 years old. He was treated with a special serum developed from a species found in a pond near his home when he was motally injured by a doctor who was experimenting with a new cure. He has always thought he was the only one, but when a stuntman survives a fatal fall, he is off to see if there are more people like him. In the meantime, he is fighting the attraction he feels for the woman who works in his store because he can't ...more
Gracelyn Buckner
3 Stars

This book had a lot of potential, but I really didn't enjoy it. It was confusing, and I didn't like the unrealistic aspect of it. I did like how the main character owned a bookshop, and how many of the books were older books. This books wasn't my cup of tea, but I think there's definitely an audience out there for it.
Helen
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No Less Days, written by Amanda G. Stevens is a story of 5 people who were treated with a specific drug following an injury or illness, to save their lives. Each are now over a hundred years old and cannot die. David feels he is all alone. When he reads about a stunt man, Zachary Wilson, who fell to what should have been his death but lived, he goes to talk to him. This is when he meets others like himself and finds out how this all came about. He has had to keep his secret all these years and i ...more
Suzie Waltner
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
David Galloway is a character you can’t help but sympathize. Years (decades and centuries) of living a solitary life while closely guarding his secret haven’t deterred him from living as a man of integrity. A man who is willing to do the right thing, to seek justice, no matter the difficulty.

Even when David finds others like him, he continues to stand on the fringes, often alone in the crowd.

I read Amanda G. Steven’s Haven Seekers series and enjoyed it, but this book has so much more depth to it
Rick
May 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoy finding a new author that I haven’t read before. Especially when this new author has older books that I may have to discover as well. This new novel by Amanda Stevens is one such new to me author and I think you’ll enjoy her as well.

This book, in my opinion, read like a movie. The kind where it’s a little slow to get into until you’ve been introduced to all of the characters and learn their backstories and how they figure into the story. The plot/story was intriguing and caused me to pau
Anthony Jackson
Jun 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I was excited to read No Less Days when I received it because I heard a lot of good things about it. The characters were strong and the plot was strong. I did have trouble staying interested. To me the book was extremely slow. At times it seemed that the book was going to pick up but it slowed back down. If you can hold on until around the middle of the book it gets better. I just don't care to read half a book before the stories gets really interesting.
Kelly Bridgewater
May 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
enjoyed Amanda G. Stevens Haven Seekers series. With each consecutive edition to the series, I was more involved with each individual character and I couldn't wait to see where the series ended. Stevens grabbed my attention with the concept and delivered what she promised. So of course, when I heard she was writing a new novel No Less Days, I really couldn't wait to get my hand on a copy. Boy, am I glad that I did.

Stevens does a good job at creating stories of what if? What if Christianity had
Lori Quick
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
No Less Days by Amanda G Stevens is my first. I thought the book was well written and had me captivated from the start.

I can't even begin to imagine living forever. The author does a brilliant job of showing us her vision. This is a well written story and I highly recommend it.

Thanks NetGalley for ARC. I am voluntarily reviewing the book
Goodreads Librari...: missing first pub year 3 15 Jul 29, 2018 05:59PM
  • Beyond Justice (Hidden Justice, #1)
  • Rule of Law
  • Lone Witness (Atlanta Justice, #2)
  • The Judgment Stone  (Immortal Files #2)
  • The Story Peddler (The Weaver Trilogy #1)
  • The End of All Things (The Kinsman Chronicles, #1c)
  • Embers (Abiassa's Fire, #1)
  • Murder on Tyneside
  • Frantic
  • Among the Poppies
  • The Call (Time Masters, #1)
  • Friend Me
  • Ours for a Season
  • The Resurrection
  • Ghost Heart
  • The Promises She Keeps
  • The Man He Never Was
  • Crisis Shot (Line of Duty, #1)
As a child Amanda G. Stevens disparaged Mary Poppins and Stuart Little because they could never happen. Now she writes speculative fiction. She is the author of the Haven Seekers series, and her debut Seek and Hide was a 2015 INSPY Award finalist. She lives in Michigan and loves trade paperbacks, folk music, the Golden Era of Hollywood, and white cheddar popcorn.
“The days pass," he said. "Yet ahead of me I see no less than there were before.” 0 likes
“The death of the body is a mercy of God, Tiana. The soul can't bear endless years in this realm. In this evil." His body rocked, and his soul seemed to do the same.” 0 likes