Start by marking “Silverback Bear (Return to Bear Creek #10)” as Want to Read:
Silverback Bear (Return to Bear Creek #10)

Silverback Bear

(Return to Bear Creek #10)

Bear shifter, Dean, has almost given up on finding a mate. Instead, he’s carved out a fulfilling role as a foster parent to older kids. Then she walks into his life, the most beautiful woman he’s ever seen. His mate. His life will never be the same again.

A birthmark on her face has haunted Elizabeth her whole life. She has always struggled to meet new people and visit ne
Published October 21st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Silverback Bear, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Silverback Bear

Start your review of Silverback Bear (Return to Bear Creek #10)
Abra
I like this book the best of the Bear Creek and Bear Bluff series'. The characters are older and the heroine isn't a virgin. I identified with some of the struggles the heroine had in this book. Much to my surprise, this book resonated for me a bit. ...more
Cheri
Nov 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
This book was Excruciatingly boring. Elizabeth was a 30 something woman with a grown daughter, she had no self-esteem, she was super shy and had severe anxiety when meeting new people .. all due to a birthmark on her face. I get the anxiety part, but really every page mentioned this .. and the author should hire someone to proof her stories, Elizabeth and Dean had the exact same conversation which was 2 pages with of words .. in 2 different chapters.
Denise H.
*** This is an especially sweet tale as we return to Bear Creek for Elizabeth's daughter's wedding. Elizabeth, about 40, is shy and has a birthmark on her cheek, and always fears people's reactions. Dean is a foster Dad, has waited his whole life, 40 years, for his fated mate. Elizabeth stuns him, she is it, and he wastes no time telling her. Elizabeth's fears are mulled over, as the festivities move along. She is warming to the idea of sudden "love" in her life.

Marvelous characters, a smooth fl
MaryD
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
I guess I'm used to more conflict/ angst/ plot. This was an OK story about a very shy, self-conscious woman and a bear shifter who discovers that she is his "fated mate". No drama, no misunderstandings, just how she comes to accept him. ...more
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Shifter Haven

We first met Elizabeth back in Doctor Daddy Bear when her daughter, Suzie met her mate, Kit. Now there’s a wedding in Bear Creek and Elizabeth is determined to make her daughter proud of her by being engaged in the pre-wedding craziness, creating a beautiful garden for Suzie and Kit to marry in and open herself up to friendships offered by Suzie’s circle of friends. That may sound like any Mother of the Bride activities but Elizabeth is a very quiet, shy woman who in so
LaBlue
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was ok
I can’t say I hated it but it is very close...

I didn’t like this book for 2 reasons. The first being the strongest was I disliked the female lead Elizabeth. Her character was a wilting flower over everything. I felt her issues were minor and therefore over exaggerated to fill a lack of substance for her part of the book. So what that she had a mole on her face and 4(!) people in her early years treated her like crap. She made a good life for herself and her daughter for 20 some odd years and yet
JodyL
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dean finally gets his mate and HEA!

Eventhough this is Dean and Elizabeth's story, we got Susie and Kit's wedding. Dean came over to Kit's parents house to help in the garden that was to be where the wedding would take place. As soon as he saw Elizabeth he stopped and stared because his bear was telling him that after all of these years, his mate stood in front of him. Becsuse Elizabeth has a red birthmark on her cheek she doesn't go out in public often. So when Dean stopped and stared she though
Kym
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
Nice characters in a boring story

Setting: Bear Creek
Genre: Shifter Romance
Elizabeth is a human. She is painfully shy because she has a strawberry birth mark on her face. She is in Bear Creek to help with her daughter Suzie’s wedding when she meets Dean. He is a bear Shifter who fosters teens so he knows Susie who is a social worker (Susie & Kit’s story is Doctor Daddy Bear book 8 in the series). He has been waiting a long time to meet his fated mate. Both characters are nice, but not terribly co
Jamoz23
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lovely entertaining and enjoyable read.
A wonderful feel good story about a mature couple we met in previous books, who find each other at long last.
I was ticketed pink to find out this was about wonderful foster father Dean and Elizabeth, who is Louise’s very introverted and anxiety ridden mother.
Dean is a bear shifter who thought fate had missed him when it came to a mate.
Elizabeth has a birth mark on her face that has caused her untold suffering due to bullying. She suffers anxiety attacks an
Busybeth76
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Love Springs Eternally

This is a lovely, love filled romance. Young love, mature love, unexpected love runs rampant through this story. Dean is a bear shifter, he's sensitive, acts as a foster parent, loves his gardening and Madonna. What's not to love? He's been waiting a long time for his Mate and now he's found her. Elizabeth is Suzie's Mom. And Suzie's marrying Kit. Elizabeth is reclusive, shy and unsure of herself. But she's sweet, caring and a master gardener. When she's learns Dean believe
Zee Williams
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
About time

I'm so happy!!!! If anybody deserved this it was dean and Elizabeth. They are both really sweet people I'm glad Elizabeth found her confidence and joy. Dean has taken in so many kids and taken care of people it was time for him to get a mate and have a family. I was screaming halfway though the book I HOPE SHE'S PREGNANT!!!!! I can't wait to read the next book maybe we will find out if Elizabeth and Suzie are both pregnant. I recommend this book but start at the beginning of the series
Janet Hendricks
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A Happy Series

This is one of the happiest stories I've read. Destiny at its best with three bear shifters making their mates very happy. I think I even shed a couple of sentimental tears. :) This series is one love story after another. The characters are respectful, loyal, likable and protective. I so look forward to reading more stories about Bear Creek bears. Thank you, Harmony, for filling your readers lives with such joyful books.
Jane Elizabeth
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I...

I just throughly enjoy Harmony's stories, and Silverback Bear is one more to add to the growing list!
I just deleted my whole review...I found myself writing a dreaded "BOOK REPORT!" 😲 If I tell you everything that happens, it spoils your reading pleasure!
All I will say is Harmony touches on some extremely real human issues in each story in this series, and I am completely hooked!
Pamelia Grady
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Over Coming Fear

While Elizabeth was planning and recreating her backyard over for her daughter's wedding met Dean a single foster parent and a friend of her daughter's who was going to give her a hand getting her yard finished. Elizabeth was somewhat of a hermit cause of a red birthmark on her cheek but she always managed to be there for her daughter. Can Dean draw Elizabeth out of her comfort zone and get her to feel better about herself?
Elizabeth
Feb 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Dean and Elizabeth

What a lovely feel good story. Dean is a mature bear shifter that has lost hope to ecer finding his mate but forged a good life for himself, fostering children. So is with shock that when meeting the mother of the bride, he comes face to face with his mate . Elizabeth is the mother of the bride, a prospect that terrify her. Born with a mark covering part of her face, Elizabeth struggles in public until she meets Dean....Lovely read. Highly recommended
Jan
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A new mating in Bear Creek! This is one series where you can start with any book and not feel left out. But you will probably become curious about others named in this one and want to read some of the others. There is no need for a recap because the publisher's blurb is fairly extensive, and no spoilers here. Just read and enjoy this feel good story, it will make your day! ...more
Sue
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this series. I was so waiting for Dean's book. He thought he'd never find his mate, so he was a foster parent for shifter children mostly and is kind and caring. Susie's (social worker) mother is a single mom with a birthmark on her face and she was shy and ashamed to be around people in public. She meets Dean when he shows up at wedding site and that's when sparks fly. A gread read. ...more
Angela
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Living beyond Fear

Elisabeth is struggling to overcome her fears as her daughter plans her wedding. Dean is a man who she has heard about but never met. Fate had them meet and suddenly she wants to move beyond her fears and start a live with Dean. Dean’s understanding and love as she grows and their relationship develops is very romantic.
Angie7
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A LOVE for Elizabeth

Awesome! What an incredible story! Loved it!
My heart fell for Dean and Elizabeth, and how silverback is now my new word for the year when talking about a mature group of folks😉. Love this series.
Who will be next? Hummmm?
Always easy to follow the storyline and the characters feel real .
Jan Janus
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bear
Another great book. Last book 9, we met Elizabeth and she has a bit of a complex issue due to her birthmark on her face. Well things just a got a whole lot more interesting as Dean meets her for the first time when he brings a rosebush to the house to plant for Susie's wedding. Looking forward to the next book. ...more
Charlotte Shea
Dec 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome read

From book 1 to book 10, are so wonderful to read and lose myself in these awesome books. I'm so happy you've written another book to add to this series and I can't wait to sink my teeth into that one too. I really hope more are to to come, not only to Bear Creek, but Bear Bluff as well.
Cherie A Harlow
Paul L. Seyler-Schmidt
Dec 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Nervous Love

How sweet this story starts is exactly what I would expect from the ending. A nervous, anxious woman falls in love with the sweetest, most deserving bear shifter. I loved this story. The only true conflict was found in self doubt.

Raines creates such love between her characters. I feel like I know them.
Tymecia Hixon
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This Silverback will get his bai

This was a touching story of Elizabeth a self imposed recluse due to a birthmark on her face and Dean foster parent extraordinary. Dean with his easygoing,loving personality slowly works his way into Elizabeth's heart showing her that she is loved and beautiful inside and out.
Rosemarie Grainer
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Nice to see an older couple again

Elizabeth is so nice and has been through so much. Dean has waited a long time and is so good for her. Once again we have a gentle storyline, a relaxed pace and wonderful loving characters. We met them both in previous stories. Read in order Bear Creek, then Bear Bluff and possibly Return to Bear Bluff and then these in order. Enjoy!
Lisa Griffin
Nov 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A Love Like No Other

This book was very sweet and romantic. About a woman beginning to believe in her own self worth. It contained some suspense and a bit of drama but it was tastefully done in a compassionate way that the reader would barely notice. I especially loved this book because it was an older couple.Excellent!
Dawn
Wonderful

I love all the bear books but this is by far My favorite. This book is so
sweet and loving with an ending that made me cry. Elizabeth and Dean are an older couple who thought that they would never find love but finally got their HEA.
Melvena Asa
Silverback Bear

So glad Dean finally got his story and what a beautiful story he got. Excellent way it worked out for him with all the great things that he did for everyone that needed him . Just Awesome.
Ernestine Webb
OMG Loved Dean & Elizabeth

I’ve wanted Dean to find his mate for so long and he has. This book proves you’re never to old for love. This book gives hope to those who think their to old to fall in love. Just like Fiona and Harlen age is a non factor when it come to love.
Frances  Dunning
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just the best love story

Absolutely loved this story. I could hardly wait for Deans story and secretly wanted happiness for Suzies Mom Elizabeth so this was just the best story. Such an emotional happy romantic read. I couldn't be happier with this book.
Julie
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Oh so good

I jumped on this as soon as I read the blurb.
Real life issues were handled. I have friends with physical issues, and yes, it can be hard not to let my gaze focus on them sometimes. It’s good to have older ones too, finding an HEA.
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Midnight Dragon's Mate (Shifter Dads, #2)
  • The Red Dragon's Baby (Shifter Dads, #1)
  • Dancing Bearfoot (Green Valley Shifters, #1)
  • The Tiger Next Door (Green Valley Shifters, #2)
  • Bear Guard (Enforcer Bears, #5)
  • The Golden Griffin's Baby (Shifter Dads #3)
  • The Dragon Marshal's Treasure (U.S. Marshal Shifters #1)
  • Frankie (Hope Valley BBW Dating App Romance, #13)
  • Dandelion Season (Green Valley Shifters, #3)
  • Billionaire Dragon's Nanny (Irish Dragon Shifter Brothers #1)
  • Doctor Dragon's Fake Bride (Irish Dragon Shifter Brothers #2)
  • Ultimate Bear Christmas Magic Boxed Set: BBW Holiday Paranormal Bear Shifter Romances Collection
  • Bad Boy Biker Bear (Bears of Pinerock County, #2)
  • Tourmaline (Awakened Sea Dragons, #2)
  • Bearista (Bodyguard Shifters, #1)
  • The Snow Leopard's Heart (Glacier Leopards, #4)
  • Lawyer Dragon's Surrogate (Irish Dragon Shifter Brothers #3)
  • Rancher Bear (Black Oak Bears, #2)
Harmony Raines loves to write romance filled with magic and love. Her men are usually not so alpha, but they know how to treat their fated mates, or alien lovers well.

Email: harmony@harmonyraines.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/harmonyraine...

-----------------------------------------------------
From the author:
If you love shifter romances, sign up to my newsletter at http://www.harmonyraines

Return to Bear Creek (1 - 10 of 24 books)
  • Daddy Bear (Return to Bear Creek, #1)
  • Mountain Bear (Return to Bear Creek, #2)
  • Honey Bear (Return to Bear Creek, #3)
  • Forever Bear (Return to Bear Creek #4)
  • Storm Bear (Return to Bear Creek #5)
  • Silverback Dragon (Return to Bear Creek #6)
  • P.I. Bear (Return to Bear Creek #7)
  • Doctor Daddy Bear (Return to Bear Creek #8)
  • Bad Boy Bear (Return to Bear Creek #9)
  • Ranger Bear (Return to Bear Creek #11)

News & Interviews