Start by marking “Five (Count to Ten #5)” as Want to Read:
Five (Count to Ten #5)

Five

(Count to Ten #5)

Innocent victim or crazy liar?

At the hospital Laura Xander bumps into a teenager who claims that she and three other girls were kidnapped five years ago. The man whom she alleges abducted her maintains that he is her father and that his daughter is mentally unbalanced. A race against time ensues to prove the girls are kidnap victims before the man who says he’s their fathe
Published January 24th 2018 by Bear Spots Publications

To ask other readers questions about Five, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Five

Dianne
Jane Blythe is back with another raw and gritty tale of twisted evil and trauma. In a terrifying game of physical, mental and emotional survival one woman ventures from the safety of her home to support a friend in need only to find herself caught up in a deadly nightmare that is reminiscent of the torturous days that stole her life.

FIVE is a chilling tale of abduction, control and abuse as a young and terrified teen risks everything in telling Laura a nightmarish tale that has spanned five yea
Sherry Fundin
I opened my Kindle and immediately fell into a world of hurt and terror.

The fabulous cover tells me there is some badness inside and I know Jane and her writing, so I am very eager to begin.

What does the bogeyman look like? Your neighbor? That good looking guy with two kids? Eliza found out and it was all torture and despair from there…Until

I am so happy to be back with all the familiar characters of the series. The women are damaged, struggling to put their lives together after tragic events. T
Minx -The Genre Minx Book Reviews
Five might be my favorite book in the Count to Ten series thus far, it was that good! The start of this book takes place in the past and wow it was a memorable scene! Chilling, spine-tingling, and horrifying! I was immediately sucked into this book. I just couldn’t believe what was happening! From there the story moved on to the present where characters from previous stories were introduced and as a reader I was updated to what had taken place since their story for the previous characters had en ...more
Catherine ♡
Nov 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
*Thank you to the author for a free e-copy in exchange for an honest review.*

Actual Rating: 4

Ohohoho. So I've basically been in the worst (and the longest) reading slump of my entire life. It's about to hit the four-month mark. And still, I finished this book in one sitting. Jane, HOW DO YOU DO IT???

But anyways, as you can tell, this book was amazing. If you've read the first four books of this series, then you'll remember Laura. During a trip to the hospital, she runs into a teenager who has a
Sassy Southern
Jul 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
When Eliza was 18 years old she was kidnapped by a man named Malachi who all together kidnapped four girls and changed their names. Now she lives in fear and she fears what will happen to her “sisters” as they get older. Eliza knows the only chance they have is for her to injure herself enough to go to the hospital so her sisters, Alice, Angela, Abby and Arianna, can escape or get help.
Sofia Xander is running herself to the point of exhaustion and finally her body gives out and she finds herself
TDCbookreviews
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the fifth book in the series and I received the book in exchange for an honest review. This author never fails to surprise me, once I knew where the story is going, it went somewhere else. I love how all these characters connect and are in this little universe. It definitely shows you what a small world we live in.
One of the new characters is a girl that was kidnapped and by chance stumbles on to Laura. I think Laura was the perfect choice to connect with this girl, Laura still has a lot
Jenni Bishop
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Five by Jane Blythe is the fifth book in the Count to Ten series. Jane is one of my favourite authors and this is definitely one of my favourite series. You could read as a standalone but I suggest reading these books in order as you learn so much about the inter connecting characters. Jane is talented for showing us what it could look like inside of a mind of someone so depraved and sick that you just can’t stop reading because you want to know what is going to happen next.

Laura is finally try
Rebecca Austin
Jul 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-sassy
This was such a great book with some great twists and turns that had me wondering what was going to happen next.

The premise of this one is a little different than the others as our main characters have all moved on with their respective lives but are brought to the hospital to help out Sofia.

I thought Laura was great in this one as her personality and past experiences allowed Alice to trust her and open up about what she was going through. I was a little mad at the men, especially Detective Xav
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
I have been so behind getting through my TBR, I wished I would have read Five a lot sooner! Holy Sh*% what did I just read? Five blew me away and had me on the edge the whole time. Jane Blythe's Count to Ten series are eerily intense and I love every story she brings with these series. I have been following this series and I feel that we are at the midpoint of where it needs to be.

The men are back with their significant others and are living a nightmare all over again. One of my favorite couple
ci
While each of the books in the count to ten series are standalone, in my opinion, you really need to read them in order as some of the characters stories happened in the previous books.

If you've read any of my reviews, than you know that I will NOT give any details of the book because I truly believe every reader needs to take the journey for themselves.

I can, however, say that the characters are awesome, but some of them (in my opinion) are way too over protective, but with good reason. You ca
LisaMarie
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jane Blythe has quickly become one of my favorite authors. I started reading the Count to Ten series and haven't been able to stop; Five is no exception.
A gripping, raw, emotionally taxing, suspenseful story continues as we are introduced to five girls who were abducted and being held against their will by a psychotic man bent on replacing the family that he lost. After five long years he's losing his control and will stop at nothing for his "family".

Paiges' stalker is back and has vowed that s
Melissa
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Better and better with each book I have read. Wow! The twists I did not see coming- OMG!! Loved that little twist! I can not wait to see how Ms Blythe plays it out in the next book, Six.

I can not wait to read Six, but I looked up when Seven is out and I have to wait until February 2019. I am not sure I can wait to read Seven to Ten!! Great series that will have you on the edge of your seat!!!

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author? Yes!
Read more from this author?
Nancy
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All I can say about this book is OMG! This book kept me on the edge of my seat. I couldn't put it down. I had to know what would happen next. Ryan takes Sophia to the hospital because she has the flu. Jack and Laura go with them. While at the hospital Laura meets a young girl who needs her help. The police get involved and all the characters from the previous books are all there. Then the stalker is back. The story is riveting and you just don't know what will happen next. I just love this serie ...more
Barbara Lack
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is unbelievably great. The suspense in this book is never ending. There is something going on with 4 of the detectives and their loved ones. The book ends on the most dramatic cliffhanger. I couldn’t put this book down. Jane Blythe’s writing of this series just keeps getting better and better!
Samantha Patience
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jane your books are fantastic, consuming that i don't want to put them down. I am getting told off by my husband and oldest daughter for constantly being on the kindle - reading number Four and now just finished Five.
These books have the perfect amount of romance and the perfect about of suspense that keeps me on my toes, wanting to read more.
Chantal Baxendale
Oct 14, 2018 rated it liked it
I love the way the series interlinks with each other. The story is intense and action packed, however at times I felt like the story dragged on a bit and there was a lot of repetition to get to the end. The ending....well...that was not quite what I expected....need to know what happens next!
Spunky N Sassy
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Each book has a more suspenseful storyline than the book before it. I’m definitely going to read the next book.
Paula Genereau
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
holy crap. I love Jane's books. She's amazing. this book was amazing and I couldn't stop reading it
Tricia
May 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic number five

Wow, wow, wow. The storylines keep getting better. The characters are well built and you become invested in their lives. A fantastic read.
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this the 5th book in this series we are at the hospital where Sofia is getting IV fluids and Laura is trying to help a little girl who says she and 3 other girls were kidnapped five years earlier , with the help of Jack, Xavier and Ryan they try to get the girls to safety, but Paige has a stalker and he is out for her blood thinking she is a home wrecker.

So much goes on in this book and we are left wondering if Paige will survive or not .

Please let the next one get here soon!!
Patricia
Jul 18, 2018
Alicia Harrietha
is currently reading it
Jul 24, 2018
description description description description description description description description

Jane has loved reading and writing since she can remember. She writes dark and disturbing crime/mystery/suspense with some romance thrown in because, well, who doesn’t love romance?! She has several series including the complete Detective Parker Bell series, the Count to Ten series, the Christmas Romantic Suspense series, and the Flashes of Fate series of novelettes.

When she’s not writing

Count to Ten (8 books)
  • One (Count to Ten #1)
  • Two (Count to Ten #2)
  • Three (Count to Ten #3)
  • Four (Count to Ten #4)
  • Six (Count to Ten #6)
  • Seven (Count to Ten #7)
  • Eight (Count to Ten #8)