Start by marking “Reign of Ash (The Chosen #2)” as Want to Read:
Reign of Ash (The Chosen #2)

Reign of Ash

(The Chosen #2)

4.25  ·  Rating details ·  550 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews
“You will damn us all.”

Kiri Helena Solene thought her trial was over. She was wrong. Prophesied to be the strongest of her kind, Helena is still coming to terms with the depth of her power and what it means to rule.

Unfortunately, there’s little time to learn.

“Without the tether you will fracture.”

As her soul mate, Von is Helena’s balance. Too bad he’s missing. When he di
ebook
Published January 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Reign of Ash, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reign of Ash

Ashlee » Library In The Country
4.25 Stars! View review on my blog, Libary in the Country

"Have you ever had a night where you had to stay awake to greet the dawn? A night where you could no longer be certain about the promise of a rising sun?"

Advance copy generously provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Meg!

If you've followed my reviews for any short time, you'll know that Meg Anne's first book in her Chosen series, Mother of Shadows, was one of my favorite reads of 2017. Imagine my excitement wh
Alaina Meserole
I'm in love with this series!

Reign of Ash is the second book in The Chosen series and it definitely doesn't fall into the cursed sequel book category. I absolutely loved this book and Helena even more. This was like her complete revenge book, but like the prequel to her revenge. Especially after that cliffhanger, I feel like the next book will basically be her entire revenge. She's going to be a complete queen/savage and slay all day and every day. Everyone needs to watch out for her at this poi
R. Murray
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If only there were more stars I would add more. This book was one of my most anticipated books and I was not disappointed.

One of my top authors of 2017 and by far one of my favourite authors ever Meg Ann has hit point yet again with the second book of 'The Chosen' Series!

The first book blow me away and made me fall in love with the author and her world, but the second just took it to the next level not to mention the insane ending!

I just hope that we do not have to wait to long for the next ins
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
5 stars

In book one we enter a fantastical world of magic. The good and the bad. It's up to Helena and her chosen to protect her people against the bad plaguing them.

But evil has taken her mate Von. Now it's personal. Now she has to balance the rage boiling inside so she doesn't fracture. She has to cling to the tiny thread of their bond or risk being lost forever.

This series had me on the edge of my seat. I absolutely love that the hero is a bad ass woman with an axe to grind. The author took m
Samantha Jayne Grubey (ABookHaven)
Ah this one was so much better than the first one! I managed to get to grips with the writing and it didn't really bother me as much this time which is always a plus! I really did like the world that Meg Anne has created but that being said it's a sequel so some of my problems with description still arose. It was very fast paced and had great action a lot of humour and romance. I liked this so much better than the first one but I still struggled at times to keep my attention. This book was also ...more
Selene Kallan
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a sequel I was looking forward to, and I was definitely not disappointed. Reign of Ash is as good, if not beer than Mother of Shadows.
The character development was on point, Helena is no longer a scared girl, she is a powerful queen. And Von has to learn to trust in the vast power of his more than capable Mate.
I liked the new characters, especially Nial, Von's brother. Bright and charismatic despite his difficult situation.
The plot was fast paced and griping, with good amounts off all t
Jessica Bronder
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Helena is balancing on a knives edge. Von has disappeared and she is ready to go kick some serious butt. But she can’t. Without Von she is fractured and having a hard time keeping control of her power. So she meets Von’s family and help improve relations with them. But Von is truly in trouble and Helena can feel it. She is bound and determined to rescue him because without him how can she be the prophesied ruler.

There was so much happening in this story. I know, my little blurb makes it sound li
A
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
added after my first re-read

I loved this book even more the second time around :) looking forward to catching up with the third installment before the epic conclusion is out in a few weeks :) keep reading to know more about my thoughts and feelings about this gem :)

original review :)

ARC received from the author in exchange for an honest review :)

fantastic sequel in an amazing series :) full of action and additional knowledge about the world :) not to mention a few very interesting new characters
Amanda Gillespie Shock N Awe Book Blog
The cliff-hanger of Mother of Shadows made me excited that I already had Reign of Ashes in my library so I wouldn't have to wait and I was disappointed when I read through it. It took about a day and a half, and I hated having to put it down to do the whole daily responsibility living thing. I loved reading about Helena and her bond with Von and the lengths that bond could be stretched and the new relationships she created with her circle and Ronan. There were plenty of twists to keep you turnin ...more
Laura LoveMuffin
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mind blowing follow up!! There are no sufficient words for how quickly this book became one of my new favorites. So much depth was added to the characters throughout book 2 and I love them all the more for it. And with that epic clif-hanger I have no idea how I'm supposed to survive until book 3 releases lol!
Cynthia Carpenter
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book takes on another part of Kiri and Von and the rest of her circle continuing their journey to Von's homeland even tho he has been taken hostage. When they come to his homeland she is in a depressed state and finally she kinda comes out of it when she heals his brother and finds out who has taken him. She must travel to another place and confront her and her mother. Kiri has a lot of power and little time to learn how to use. Will they be able to find Von in time before other things.will ...more
Polly Barreto
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn’t think Meg Anne could top Mother of Shadows –but boy was I wrong! This book was even better! It is so well written that I felt like I was there, standing next to Timmins, Kragen, Ronan, Darrin and Joquil ready to battle for my Kiri and join in the quest to find Von (her mate).

We learn the story about the Vessel and Corruptor, and the importance of Helena finding Von before their bond gets severed. Once again evil is lurking all around and they must come together in order to defeat it. H
Atlanta Whitlock
Dec 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The cliff-hanger that Meg Anne left The Mother Of Shadows on was pretty incredible, I was so gutted to have gotten to the end, but when I picked up then next book, Reign Of Ash, I had a feeling that we was going to be in for a treat and yet again Meg managed to do this story justice. She was able to continue on from where she left off and it didn’t even feel like I had put the first book down, she managed to capture each of the characters perfectly and I was just anxious to see how else the rest ...more
Kelly
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book left me wanting more.
Jessica McCrory
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I wish there were more stars because Reign Of Ash deserves a 10 out of 10. Meg Ash is a phenomenal world building author who has a gift for telling a story that will draw you in and keep you enthralled to the very end.
And then even longer as you (not so patiently if you're like me) await the next book. Von and Helena's chemistry is off the charts during this book, even though they spend some of it apart (not going to elaborate as to avoid spoilers).
This book is one of those rare sequels that is
Paula
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Meg Anne takes as back to the land of magic where we rejoin our heroine, Helena, as she and her Circle search for her lost mate, Von. Once again I found myself carried away to a time and place so richly detailed that I felt like I was right there with the Chosen. We learn that even distance cannot come between two people who share one soul.
Jenna
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy shit balls. What a epic adventure book 2 takes us on. Helena is struggling to find herself after the disappearance of Von. We follow her with her mission to finding him again. But that ending….BOMB SHELL. Meg Anne you can ‘drop the mic’ right now. You’re a star.
sonya
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read it

When's the next one??? And what was in the box? Smooth continuation from the first book. You won't be disappointed. Those looking for a very intricate fantasy novel might not like this but those looking a good simple read will
Amy M. (Amy Loves Reading Blog)
I dove right into this one after reading Mother of Shadows and I am so glad I had the opportunity to read both at the same time because its FREAKIN AWESOME!

I love a great cliff hanger just like any other paranormal fan but damn was I on edge until I could actually start the book!! So much going on that I needed to know the answers to and I needed them soon!

My love for this author is growing because the way she writes builds up so much momentum and I feel like she's afraid to disappoint us, but i
Teri
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This author just exploded into my life with the first book and I thought it couldn't be topped. I was so wrong. We get to see a strong woman standing up for the mate and people she loves. As Helena steps into her role yet is torn by the separation from her mate, we see both sides as the story progresses. This author takes the time to build tension, relay pertinent information in the form of prophecy. It is just an awesome story with plenty reasons to continue the series. Yes it is a series no it ...more
BCD Book Review - Rachel & Jen
Amount of sex 2 / 5
How explicit 2 / 5
Story 4.5 / 5
Overall: 4.5 / 5 (Rounded to 5 /5)

Fabulous!

Reign of Ash is the exciting second book in the Chosen Series by author Meg Anne. This story is full of drama, adventure, angst, and love.  I was fully engrossed in this epic suspenseful fantasy story that I read late into the night!  FYI, this is not a standalone romance, so you will need to read Mother of Shadows before beginning this one.

Reign on Ash begins where we were left off with Helena and her c
Hailey Stalter
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I can't believe it, but the second book in this series WAS JUST AS GOOD AS THE FIRST!!!! For a second book in a multiple book series that's really good. Meg manages to blend history with present tense action and intrigue and I love it. In most second books authors will overload the reader with history and overwhelm the story as it is.
I was also very happy to see both Von and Helena were just as loving and dedicated to one another as in the first series. I love that Helena's interaction and rela
Angie
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my first read of 2018! After placing book one in my top 10 all time favorite paranormal reads, this book will be following suit in that top 10.
In the continuation of Mother of Shadows, Reign of Ashes follows the new Kiri and The Vessel, Helena and her battle against the Mother of Shadows.
This is an exciting tale of battles and wits. Not only that but of love and loyalty. This story gets your heart beating from the many obstacles faced. Love, deception, heartache and revenge.
When the K
Hanleigh Bradley
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Last year when I read Mother of Shadows I was in awe. A brand new author had written what was by far the best book written by an independent author, I had ever read and at least the best book I had read in 2017 period. Then just as the year came to a close, Meg Anne did it again with the second book in the Chosen Series, Reign of Ash. She drew me back into the world that she had created with vivid descriptions and cracking jokes. When I wasn't laughing, I was crying. The plot was fast paced and ...more
Eirlys
Magical Prose

I loved following this story in the second book of the series. It was just as enthralling as the first book and kept the excitement up. The Kira is growing in power and learning how to harness it in a more controlled way. There is humour as well as the drama with new friends and enemies emerging around her. The title of the book is very apt, because there was certainly a lot of ash being created!
I can't wait for book number three to be on sale so that I can return to that fantastic
Lillian Kerr
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
love love loved this book

The second book in The Chosen series was as equally well executed if not better than the first. I could not put this book down until I finished it! Cannot wait for the third book in the series to come out!!
Linda
Battle

The names are known. The battle is about to begin. Not as simple as Good vs evil or Love vs hate. This battle will be deeper and deadlier. After all, it began with betrayal.
Angela
Jan 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Meg Anne has done it again! To say I was anticipate the follow up novel to Mother of Shadows in an understatement. Helena is in a desperate search for her other half, Von. The one person who she thought she could trust the most if the one who has taken her from him. Now she has discovered the very well being of all those she loves, including Von, is dependant on these two being reunited as soon as possible.

Again Meg Anne has turned what we want to be a love story into a story packed with advent
N.....
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series!

The second book is just as good as the first! Definitely found another great author!! I can't wait to read the next book. Love that the main characters flow perfectly together and keep you guessing what will happen next.
Jeanny
Cliffhanger
3 stars
Meg Anne has always had stories running on a loop in her head. They started off as daydreams about how the evil queen (aka Mom) had her slaving away doing chores; and more recently shifted into creating backgrounds about the people stuck beside her during rush hour. The stories have been there, they were just waiting for her to tell them.

Like any true SoCal native, Meg enjoys staying inside curled

The Chosen (4 books)
  • Mother of Shadows (The Chosen, #1)
  • Crown of Embers (The Chosen #3)
  • Queen of Light (The Chosen #4)
“You have a choice before you.” “Loyalty or love?” “Mercy or vengeance?” “Life or death?” “The path you choose will decide our fate.” “The fate of all the Chosen.” 1 likes