Start by marking “Back to Bayou Sabine (Bayou Sabine #2)” as Want to Read:
Back to Bayou Sabine (Bayou Sabine #2)

Read Book* *Different edition

Back to Bayou Sabine

(Bayou Sabine #2)

Some secrets were never meant to be revealed.

After her mother’s disappearance and her grandmother’s death, thirty-year-old Enza Parker returns to the town where she spent her childhood summers in the hopes of closing the door on her troubling past.

While there, she meets a handsome stranger who only adds to the mystery and makes her question why she made herself stay away f
Paperback, 2, 108 pages
Published September 27th 2017 by Blue Crow Books (first published November 23rd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Back to Bayou Sabine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Back to Bayou Sabine

Start your review of Back to Bayou Sabine (Bayou Sabine #2)
Mary Eve
Back to the Bayou

Back to Bayou Sabine is a short introductory novella. We meet Enza, a woman living in Durham, North Carolina, and working for her demanding father. Abandoned by her mother at sixteen, Enza gets news that her estranged maternal grandmother has passed away. Deciding to attend the funeral and face her past, and possibly her mother, Enza and her friend, Kate, head down to Bayou Sabine, a small town in Louisiana.

Being only seventy pages, possibly less, not much transpires other than
Aug 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Back to Bayou Sabine” is the prequel to Lauren Faulkenberry’s debut novel, “Bayou My Love,” and this novella definitely gets you excited about the follow-up novel. Enza is a thirty-one-year-old woman living in North Carolina, working for her father flipping houses. Her relationship with her father is strained at best, as he is always second-guessing her and not trusting her to take the lead on projects. Fifteen years earlier, Enza returned from school one day and discovered that her mother had ...more
Nicole
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My first time reading anything by this author was Bayou my Love which I did indeed love. This story is a prequel to that book. It was wonderful to go back and read about the first time the main characters actually crossed paths. I realized how much I missed these two and now am feeling the urge to reread Bayou my Love just to get reacquainted!

This was a short but very sweet read.
R
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This 'novella' is oddly placed between the first and (?) 3rd books ~ the story continues directly from Book 1 to Book 3, with this tossed in the middle. I guess I'm rating it down because the second half of this "Book 2" is full/complete chapters of Book 3! That's a rip off!

And I don't believe *any* of this 'prequel' furthered the story: it could have easily been inserted anywhere ~ as a memory ~ in Book 3, but it seems as though someone (author?) saw a chance to make (whoooi!!!) $2 on a few par
Liza
Jul 06, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A nice breather.

I like the author's dreamy pace throughout this story. The ending was a bit abrupt but it is a novella to launch a series though. Will I continue on with this series? Probably.
Elizabeth
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Finished I one sitting .

Really good read. Captivated me enough to read in one sitting.I'll be looking for the other books that go with this one.
Noreen Bennett
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
A quick very enjoyable read about a girl who looses her grandmother and returns to the town she spent her summers at as a child
Melinda
Dec 16, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
My interest is piqued, I want to know what's in store for Enza. She has a lot of loose threads in her life and from this delicious teaser plenty is in store for this young woman from resolving issues over her mother's abrupt departure, to smoothing out the rough edges between her and her father, to a potential romance with or without the suited hunk at Vergie's funeral who she's already lustfully dreamed of, even Donita's palm reading insight, most of all Enza coming to terms with her late grand ...more
Shyla Colt
Jun 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An interesting read that paints a picture and leaves me wanting more. Enza is a woman in a man's world. Working for her dad's house flipping business, she's always had to prove herself to her crew. Constantly longing for her Father's approval, she's stuck in a rut. After her mother left her at sixteen her life's path changed. Now that her grandmother is passed. She may finally get the answers she's sought after. ...more
Vicki Lesage
Mar 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fun prequel novella that takes you to the steamy bayous, introduces you to some interesting characters, and creates just the right amount of intrigue to be a fun read on its own while leaving you wanting more!
Ronda
Apr 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Mesmerizing

I am really into this book. Between the small bit of flipping old houses, and the flashback of memories of a bayou I can't wait to see where this story goes as the small details I can tell are aiming for a more bigger picture. So no complaints thus far...
Karen
Oct 13, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Short prequel

This KU library selection is the prequel for the series, providing background and introducing the main characters for books one and three. It doesn't have to be read in order.
Gina Schwartz
This was a short prequel to "Bayou My Love". I liked it. It really set the scene and answered some burning questions about the novel. Read the novel first though. ...more
Bess Stineman
Robert Martin
Feb 02, 2017
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Mar 21, 2016

• Restraining Order (Alexis Fields #1)
  • Proceed with Caution (Ford Brothers #1)
  • Even Odds (FBI Joint Task Force #3)
  • To Die For
  • Torn
  • The Restless Sands of Neel (Legends of Cirena, #3)
  • The Sasha McCandless Series: Volume 2 (Sasha McCandless #4-5.5)
  • Glitter (Blackwood Security #7.5)
  • Drained (Agent Hank Rawlings, #1)
  • Love Story on Canal
  • The Sasha McCandless Series: Volume 3 (Sasha McCandless #6-7.5)
  • Boston Billionaire (Boston Boys #1)
  • Riley Thorn and the Dead Guy Next Door
  • The Sasha McCandless Series: Volume 4 (Sasha McCandless #8-10.5)
  • The Moments Between
  • The Duck Springs Affair
Lauren Faulkenberry is author of the novels TROUBLE IN BAYOU SABINE and BAYOU WHISPERS, the novellas BACK TO BAYOU SABINE and JUST THE TROUBLE I NEEDED (all from Blue Crow Books), and the children's book WHAT DO ANIMALS DO ON THE WEEKEND (Novello Festival Press). She is a contributor to the anthology HUNGRY FOR HOME: Stories of Food from Across the Carolinas With More Than 200 Favorite Recipes.

La

Bayou Sabine (5 books)
  • Bayou My Love (Bayou Sabine #1)
  • Bayou Whispers (Bayou Sabine #3)
  • Just the Trouble I Needed (Bayou Sabine #4)
  • Trouble Will Follow (Bayou Sabine #5)

News & Interviews