Start by marking “Bayou Whispers (The Bayou Sabine Series #3)” as Want to Read:
Bayou Whispers (The Bayou Sabine Series #3)

Bayou Whispers

(Bayou #2)

A small town buried her mother’s darkest secret. How far will she go to dig it up?

Return to the sultry bayou with award-winning author Lauren Faulkenberry in this addictive story of romance, friendship, and confronting your deepest fears.

Years after her mother’s haunting disappearance, Enza has finally moved on—she knows that some secrets will never be revealed. With a n
Paperback, 2, 314 pages
Published September 27th 2017 by Blue Crow Books

To ask other readers questions about Bayou Whispers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bayou Whispers

Start your review of Bayou Whispers (The Bayou Sabine Series #3)
Vicki Lesage
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved Bayou My Love and so I was excited to read this to see what happens next with Jack and Enza, and to find out more about what happened to Enza's mother. This book delivers on both counts, and also introduces interesting new characters that I found myself loving (and hating!) just as much as the original characters. I thoroughly enjoyed this novel and now can't wait to read the next one! Lauren Faulkenberry knows how to draw you in, keep you there, and then have you wanting more!
Oct 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again, Lauren Faulkenberry has mesmerized me with one of her Bayou novels. “Bayou, Whispers from the Past,” continues Enza and Jack’s story as they have restored Vergie’s house and started their own house flipping business. This time, we learn more about Enza’s mother Martine and get to know more of Jack’s family. Kate is also more prominent in this novel, visiting Enza and Jack in Bayou Sabine for Christmas, which results in more of Andre also! Jack and Enza are still in love as much as ev ...more
Courtney Payne
This is one of those books where, being second in a series, you didn't necessarily have to read the first one but it may have been more beneficial if you had. I had not, and a lot of the time during this book I felt as though there was a bigger picture that I was missing out on. Something that may or may not have been more clear had I read the first novel in the series. Regardless, it was still a good read and I understood everything that was going on, there was just slight undertone that someth ...more
R
Apr 19, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Better than most, but I didn't get the 'wow' factor with this one. I will continue reading the series since I like the characters. . . .
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Although this wasn't my normal type of book, I was immediately intrigued by the title and description. I was immediately drawn into the story, and couldn't put it down. I highly recommend this book, along with a nice cup of cocoa. It's been rainy here, and I've been curled up lost in the beautiful world of Louisiana.

Advanced Review Copy
Marilyn
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good

This book is on that continues the story about a young woman who move to bayou after inherited her grandmothers house.
Geri
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Very good read. Enza had it all and nearly gave it away.
Dayna Cheser
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review of ‘Bayou, Whispers From the Past’ by Lauren Faulkenberry
When Enza was a young girl, her mother, Martine, suddenly left her family. Missing her mother, Enza fretted when other people left her, whatever the circumstances. Why? Was their leaving somehow her fault?-
When her maternal grandmother, Vergie, died, she willed her home in Bayou Sabine, Louisiana to Enza, who decides to fix it up and flip it. Instead, she meets Jack, a local fireman who helped her work on the old house. Soon after,
Robin
Dec 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyable weekend read. Well formed, likable characters. Good story line. I received an advanced readers copy.
Karen
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Unanswered questions

This KU library selection is the continuation of Enza and Jack's story, which began in Bayou My Love. They have settled in as business partners and lovers after she decided to stay in Bayou Sabine and quit working for her father. Now, she's making plans for a family dinner on Christmas day and trying to get answers to what happened to her mother. But there is trouble brewing in Jack's family as well, the kind of trouble that will test their new relationship.
Irene Adam
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this ebook free from the publisher through LibraryThing in exchange for an honest review. Secrets and an extremely complicated family history. This is a well-written story that held my interest right up until the ending. The characters are well developed and the plot has a few interesting twists and turns. The ending left me wanting more. Hopefully the author will write another book in this series. Well worth the read.
Mary
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. This has a good storyline to it, but it feels incomplete. It can be read without having read the previous books, but it would be a better story if all current books are read first and there was more of wrap up to it. It was interesting and entertaining, I like the characters and the storyline, it captured my attention and intrigued me and I did enjoy it.
Susan Walker
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book has it all... Love, Family, Friendships and lots of drama. The Author keeps the Reader engaged until that last page.
Gina Schwartz
A nice, easy continuation of the story of Jack and Enza.
Sarah Ann
May 23, 2020
Lataine Thomas
Aug 06, 2020
Blue Crow Publishing
Oct 28, 2017
Noreen Gillham
rated it did not like it
Oct 15, 2016
Angela  P McLeod
Jul 20, 2017
Katie
Nov 30, 2017
Goodreads Librari...: Book listing needs to be merged 5 192 Oct 13, 2016 02:49AM
Goodreads Librari...: Book Cover to Add 3 181 Oct 07, 2016 02:17AM

• In the Heart of the Fire (Nameless #1)
  • Sweet Like a Psycho (Secrets of Suburbia Book 2)
  • What Means the Most (Box Set) (Island, #1-4)
  • Beloved (Salvation, #1; The Belonging Duet, #1)
  • Christmas in Silver Springs (Silver Springs, #6)
  • Haunted Honeymoon
  • Hidden Cove (Solace Island #3)
  • An Unexpected Bride for the Betrayed Duke
  • Healing Touch (A Place to Call Home, #1)
  • Moving On (Ghost of the Past, #1)
  • Closing Books (Ghost of the Past, #2)
  • Summer Pleasures (Celebrity Magazine #1 & 2)
  • Growing Up (Ghost of the Past #3)
  • Santa and the Snow Witch (Mystic Springs Book 2)
  • Breaking Free (Ghost of the Past #5)
  • Believing Again (Ghost Of The Past #4)
  • Comfort & Joy
  • Christmas in Silver Bell Falls (Silver Bell Falls, #1)
Lauren Faulkenberry is author of the novels TROUBLE IN BAYOU SABINE and BAYOU WHISPERS, the novellas BACK TO BAYOU SABINE and JUST THE TROUBLE I NEEDED (all from Blue Crow Books), and the children's book WHAT DO ANIMALS DO ON THE WEEKEND (Novello Festival Press). She is a contributor to the anthology HUNGRY FOR HOME: Stories of Food from Across the Carolinas With More Than 200 Favorite Recipes.

La