Start by marking “The Traitor's Ruin (Traitor's Trilogy Book 2)” as Want to Read:
The Traitor's Ruin (Traitor's Trilogy Book 2)

The Traitor's Ruin

(The Traitor's Circle #2)

In Erin Beaty's The Traitor's Ruin, war breaks out between nations and Sage Fowler must infiltrate enemy territory to reconnect with her first love, Captain Alex Quinn.

A captain with a secret.
A spy with a mission.
A kingdom on the verge of ruin.

After proving her worth as a deft spy and strategic matchmaker, Sage Fowler is now comfortably positioned in high society as the r

Published July 10th 2018 by Imprint

To ask other readers questions about The Traitor's Ruin, please sign up.
Erin It will be the same characters, as will the third one. Some new cool people will also be introduced.
Erin I wish. But as of mid-September, I'm still revising it. Books take for.ev.er. to write/edit. At least for me.

Candace Robinson
I loved this book! Sage and Alex are one of my favorite book couples ever. They make me happy, they make me mad, they make me want to yell at them while shaking them, and they make me swoon.

What I like most about this series is the setting. It's similar to The Winner's Curse trilogy where there isn't magic but the setting is historical fantasy. I think that is the right term, but don't take my word for it. Also the chapters are short which is the freaking best!

There are things that happen in the
Joshee Kun (조수아)
RTC

I have great news: I am officially a part of the publication of this book! I am going to review the author's manuscript before ARCs are distributed this November. In light of the unwarranted hate toward The Traitor's Kiss, I was tasked to pay special attention to the sequel's representation of diverse characters. I really admire Erin Beaty's humility, as well as her resolve to make her work excellent. If you're hesitating to read TTK because of all the negative reviews, please take a leap of
Maggie ☘ (Wonderland-Reader)
I many ways, this book was a big improvement to the author's first book (which I did like as well, but it had a few ups and downs when it came to the storytelling). Especially the writing and construction of the storyline seemed so much better here! I also really enjoyed the change of setting and a few new friendships along the way.

(view spoiler)
Wing (bibliomeds)
okay but *screams in alien language*

brb

i can't right now

full review to come once i am back to my senses :)
~Bellegirl91~
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-books
So my last update said this book was banished for the night.... BUT I decided to keep going and now that it's past 230am... IT WAS WORTH IT OH MY HECK!

So short review for this one:

I LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOVE Alex Quinn and Sage Fowler oh my heck! These two are actually special characters and such a great OTP and this book with their story had some pretty intense moments and the twists and turns and the foreshadow and knowing things some of the characters didn't know (especially these two) AAAAAAAAHH
 Amelia
ahhhh I'm loving this even more than The Traitor's Kiss ♥

Sage is one kickass woman. I absolutely LOVE her character. She is smart, capable, knows exactly what she wants and how to get it, her plans are brilliant and she always puts other before herself. And I love how she knows she's smart, but instead of bragging about it, she uses it to do something important.

And Quinn, my boy..how can I not love him? These 2 are really the OTP. And I'm so glad there were never any hints of love triangles or a
Joanna (joreadsalot)
RTC. Omg this book was incredible. I love this series.
♠️ TABI ♠️
I'm just . . . I . . . I'm quietly in love with that cover . . . it's just so soothingly pretty for some reason. I blame the peach tones.
Scrill
May 04, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
how did I not know this was a thing? gimme this asap.
Lulai
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I like it, it was a quick read but the author didn't manage to suprise me, I expect a bot more of novelty from this.
Ashley
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This book went a little off the rails from the first book. I loved the first book. I’m not entirely sure what happened here. These characters were nothing like they were in the first book in the first half or so. Sage sucked and for some reason Alex’s character totally changed.

The second half was so much better but I was already so bummed about the beginning that it was hard to get over it. This book was an easy 5++++ stars if the beginning was normal. The political intrigue is great. I really
These Violent Delights (Robin)
This was a pretty good sequel. I enjoyed being back in this world.

The plot was interesting enough.

I am excited to read the third and final novel in this trilogy when it finally releases.
Valquiria
3,75
I really really like these books!
*mk*
Mar 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay this book was kind of boring but I’m still going to read the next one. I like Sage but I don’t really like that much else from this book (and honestly how did I even finish it). The first book had kind of a good twist so I had hoped with a second book some of the issues would have been improved upon but honestly some even got worse. World building is confusing, side characters all blend together in sameness. It all feels very done before. No one really grows? Idk. I got an ARC of book 3 so ...more
Vina Le
So I loved Traitors Kiss, it was a twist on Mulan in a way and that made me happy. Then I got to the end and was like “whoa”...need the next one now!

This was me reading Traitors Ruin: 😀😍🤨🤨🤨🤨🤬🤬😱🤔🤨🤨🤨

Translation: what the heck happened?!!!? It’s lost it’s magic. I wanted to scream at them the whole time. Sage was whiny and stupid. Alex was a mess and the plot made me sit there going ....”JUST BE OVER ALREADY!”

I don’t know if I’ll read the third book but I feel like I want the last 24 hours of my
Kat
Jul 19, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I’m still stuck on how much I liked the first book... since I listened to it the first time I put it on my iPad and kept going back and reading my favorite parts. The first book had strong character development, funny/smart dialogue and a reasonably engaging plot.

The second installment of this series kind of dampens my enjoyment of the first book. It’s to the point I wish the first book was a one-off instead of a series.

Plot-wise, I kept asking myself... what is the point of all this? It kind o
TheEuphoricZat
The book did slow down a bit in the middle which really frustrated me but all round it was a good book
Got to say that it was more intense and action packed compared to the first book and I enjoyed it so much and now I can wait for the next book
I need to know what becomes of sage and Alex and their love for each other.
Honestly with all the things going on in this book it is hard to keep up with other characters
And there was one part in the book that messed me up, the part where she order the exe
Lexi
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Listen. I’ll sell my soul to get my hands on the final book just to see Alex and Sage have their happy ending. I mean both books ended with them knowing they’d be separated once more.

I loved this story possibly more than book one. If only because throughout the entire middle i was begging sage to figure it out. To see Alex and know what we knew. Ugh it was just too good.

Cannot wait for book three!
Anne Z.
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5/5
This was as lovely as The Traitor's Kiss. If you liked the first book you will like this one just as much. It had a beautiful romance, it was full of the same witty and clever scenes, the same beloved characters, and it had some new ones you won't be able not to fall in love with.
Just like The Traitor's Kiss this is not the kind of book that will pull at your heartstrings and make
you cry, but it is a book that will make you smile. Sage and Alex are an amazing couple and I am so very happy t
Pat
Jun 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I know a lot of people did not like the first book but I actually really enjoyed it. This book was equally as enjoyable. I really don’t know why but I love the characters even though they are not perfect. I am really looking forward for the third book in this series.
Cait - GoodeyReads
Y’ALL I AM SMITTEN BY THIS SERIES.

BLOG || INSTA

Some books hit you at the right time, causing you to love them on an even grander scale than you thought you originally thought you might. This has been that case and I can NOT stop gushing about it.

Alex & Sage ARE LIFE. THEY ARE SO PRECIOUS AND I LOVE THEM. And I can’t stop using capitals. Bear with me. They’re so many emotions to express.

Oh how miscommunication wears on me in books. I didn’t hate the way this was done though. Alex was struggli
Cassie
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
Hmm. That was. Well. A book, for sure.

I liked the first book well enough—enough that I wanted to read the sequel, anyway. Unfortunately, it seems the author should have probably stuck with a one-off.

This book was just rather...bland. First off, Alex and Sage, the main characters and love interests, really should not have gotten together in the first book. Half of the reason why I found this book so mind numbingly boring was that they were already together, and the plot points the author used to
Autumn
Jul 28, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I rather enjoyed the traitors kiss and quickly dove into the traitors ruin. And I liked it well enough but goodness gracious all the missunderstandings legit all the conflicts would've been resolved if people just opened their mouths once in awhile.
laura
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites-2019
This was one of the first books I read in 2019 and I was looking forward to reading it for so long that I was afraid all this built-up excitement would set my expections too high for anything too reach.

However, - as you might see by my rating - I loved this book. For me it is one for those books you cannot put away until you have inhaled every last page of it, after you know what happens to every last character - because you fall in love with all the main characters, you fiercly hate those who
Alex
First of all, there is no rational universe in which a book that has less than 400 pages requires 112 chapters... and an epilogue... Just no.

Aside from that, I deeply enjoyed everything about it. The pacing was great, continuously ramping up the tension, while still lingering just enough on the angst and emotional drama that sets this one on the romance side of things.

I deeply appreciated the details regarding the army, and how it was large enough to feel like a functional military - a thing tha
Grace
Dec 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was curious as to how you could follow up on the ending of traitors kiss, particularly with the same characters, but Erin Beaty is a master of her craft. Although the titles of her books are pretty lame.

I think some people will have real problems with sage in this book, she annoyed me at times, but a flawed MC is actually a good thing (on reflection).

Erin Beaty has created an amazing universe and even when this trilogy ends, I’m hopeful she’ll revisit this universe. For now, the waiting for b
Jessica H
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a really good book (4.5 not just 4) . Firstly, the author does a great job reminding the reader of the events of the first book. I admit I remembered very little but there was enough information given for me to dive right back in without feeling like I was reading a recap. I was frustrated by some of the things that Sage and Alex did but I was always cheering for them. It is not all cupcakes and rainbows at the end and there were many interesting twists. I am a big fan of the short chap ...more
Katie
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ugh. Almost the first 25% of this book is just a couple not talking to each other and bickering back and fourth. I'm sorry, but that was so boring. Sage and Alex should just have opened their mouths and talked to each other. It was beyond infurating to see them screwing up when it was so easy to fix. The plot was a bit predictable too. I also didn't like the voice the narator chose for Kas; it was incredibly childish. I also felt like Nicolai was a stand-in for Charlie. In general, the story was ...more
Alexandria
Aug 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And now the torturous waiting game begins! I need the next book!! Sage and Alex are by far one of my top favorite book couples. I hate that it always ends the way it does for them! Agh!! Random thought but I really really really hope we get to see their wedding!!! Some parts of this book had me on edge! The sneaking, the not knowing!! I had no one to vent to without spoiling it, it was so hard. I wanted to mention that Osthiza sounds like a beautiful place! I was getting major GOT Dorne Sunspear ...more
Stacy Kersteter
What a flop! I loved the first book. It was pretty good! But this...? Sage becomes so whiny, hateful and outright ridiculous! The first half the book was painful to get through with Sage complaining about being a woman, and unfairness, and wa wa wa.... then she changes to whining about how she can't do any of it without a man. Ugh! The ONLY reason I stuck with this book was because I received the 3rd as an ARC. Now I'm hesitant on reading it....
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Krait's Redemption (The Cat's Eye Chronicles, #5)
  • Basara, Vol. 24
  • Die Stunde der Lilie (Lilien-Reihe, #1)
  • Diplomats and Fugitives (The Emperor's Edge, #9)
  • Waters of Salt and Sin (Uncommon World, #1)
  • The Evolution of Thomas Hall
  • Edenbrooke / Heir to Edenbrooke
***Hello Readers! I just want to pop in here and explain that I do not accept friend requests on social media (Goodreads included) unless I know you in real life for several reasons, foremost being the nature of my husband's military job. I promise it isn't personal, and I appreciate everyone who wants to know more about me!***

Erin Beaty was born and raised in Indianapolis, Indiana, which means sh

The Traitor's Circle (3 books)
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
  • The Traitor's Kingdom (The Traitor's Circle, #3)
“In 812 days I will hold you to your promise to be mine. In most cases you are the stubborn one, but on this I refuse to negotiate, for nothing is more vital to my survival, you must understand. And when I say over and over how I want you to be mine, it is only because I am already completely yours.” 4 likes
“I'm not sure love is enough to fix this.” 3 likes