Start by marking “Our Reason (Sizzling Miami #8)” as Want to Read:
Our Reason (Sizzling Miami #8)

Our Reason (Sizzling Miami #8)

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  113 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Published October 21st 2017 by Jessie G Books

To ask other readers questions about Our Reason, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Reason

Tanu Gill
Jun 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was a sweet ride, with us getting a chance to meet Bull and Red face to face yet again for most probably the last time. Dillon’s story pulled at my heartstrings, and I am so glad he found his safe, happy place in the Connor family.

And now I can’t wait to read “the fishing lawyers’s” story. ;-)
Cadiva
Oct 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Another catch up with the Sizzling Miami boys, this one sees Red and Bull pulled in to the drama of a 16-year-old who reminds them so much of a younger Ian it's scary.

But, because this is the Connors, there's far more than just interest and the whole gang is involved in finding out just what has Dillon Young so scared he hides behind his hair and disappears for days on end.

As this is a novella, there's not much room for development but as Jessie G is an expert at this type of snippet, everything
Chris
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm
Everyone loves a feel good story and this was one for me. Red meets a kindred spirt in Dillon, the young teenager who was clearly a victim of abuse and violence. As he tried to reach out he realized Dillon was continuing to back away. This broke Reds heart as he saw himself in this young teen. Of course Bull steps in to support Red and they work on building a relationship with Dillon based on love and trust. Bull is brilliant and not only reinforces his love for Red he also proves he can be a so ...more
Joyfully Jay
Dec 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Our Reason is the eight book in Jessie G’s Sizzling Miami series and the third book focused on Bull and Ian, following For a Reason and Their Reason. I have really enjoyed this series, and this couple in particular. While the series is very ensemble driven, Bull and Ian have always felt like a cornerstone to the group. Bull, in particular, sort of helps lead this found family and is a steady presence in all their lives. Bull and Ian have always been so deeply com
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
I’m going to start my review with a tiny confession. My opinion of this book, and my review of it, will not be unbiased. Red and Bull are my favorite couple. Every time I even read the word Red my heart breaks all over again. I have read For a Reason (FaR) 7 times. I will probably read it 7 more times (realistically probably more than that). In fact, when I first read FaR I had never heard of Jessie G…but you can rest assured I reached out to her after I read it.

If you haven’t read FaR and Thei
Natalie
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Red and Bull’s story, For A Reason, is a story I will always cherish as a comfort read I’ve returned to time and again. They are one of the best romance couples I’ve ever read and I’m not the only one who thinks that way. Once they married, I thought that would be the last story they starred in, but fortunately Jessie caved to fans entreaties. Red/Ian sees himself in Dillon, who he meets at Davin’s youth center, even though their actual experiences differed. But the impact for both is similar an ...more
Jenn's Book Obsession
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ok so confession: I haven’t read this series or any other books from this author. With that being said, even though I don’t have the back story on Red and Bull I simply couldn’t love them more. I absolutely adored these characters and I most definitely now need to go back to the beginning and read this series from the start.

I love how this author gave Dillon a voice and we got to get inside this sixteen year old’s head and know his thoughts and emotions. Jessie G did a great job expressing and
Mandie Foxylutely
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the third catch up with Red and Bull and the eighth book in the Sizzling Miami series. Not a standalone read.

Now that Bull and Red are firmly established in their marital bliss, Red has become more confident in his own skin. Seeking to support Bennett House by delivering an art class to the students, he comes across the one boy who stands out from all the others and one he finds an instant affinity with – Dillon.

The story then evolves how Bull and the family of friends along with Red see
Tracy
Shelves: m-m, jessie-g
5 so sad it's over stars!!!

Another amazing addition to this already wonderful series of books! Red and Bull are one of my all time favourite couples and I was beyond excited when I found out they would get another chapter in their beautiful relationship. Ian and Jon are so perfect and breath taking together and have so much love to give that it only makes sense that they would open their home and their hearts to someone who truly needs it. Dillon makes a wonderful addition to the ever growing C
Chris
4.5 out of 5 stars

Description ~

Married life is everything Bull and Red could have hoped for. It’s not something they’d ever take for granted and the need to pay it forward is a trait the husbands happily share. When the new director of the Bennett House asks Red to teach an art class, he isn’t entirely sure how it will help, but he’s more than willing to try. Before Bull, he used his art to purge his demons and sharing that with those in need of an outlet for their own pain was a gift he never
Les Joseph
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
*4.5 stars*

For anyone who is a fan of Jessie G's Sizzling Miami series (and I'm a huge one!) I think it's fair to say that Bull and Red--aka Jon and Ian--are among the favorite couples, if not THE favorite. Of course each couple has different things that we love about them from Saul's growliness to Owen's somewhat awkwardness to Chris's strength, they all have a certain thing that makes them unique. But for Bull and Red, while they do have traits that make them extremely likable, it's also the
Deanna
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Red and Bull have settled in to married life and it's everything they were hoping for. Red is still working in the garage but at Davin's request he has started teaching art classes at The Bennett House. There Red meets Dillon, and Red can't help but drawn comparisons to himself at that age.

Dillon is standoffish and shy, hiding behind his overgrown hair. Red is drawn to Dillon and in turn so is Bull. Bull offers Dillon a job in the garage and just as they get to know one another something from D
Mari Cardenas ~ Bayou Book Junkie
5 Stars!!!

Our Reason is book 8 in the Sizzling Miami series, I suggest you read at least For a Reason and Their Reason before reading this one, or you'll be thoroughly lost. But truly, the series is great and you'll be missing out if you don't read it all.

Bull and Red are living their happily ever after and enjoying their married life. However, after Red connects with one of the kids at his art class, they'll have to decide if they are ready to expand their little family.

While I'll be the fi
JenMcJ
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really love this series. This was a great introduction to the series, not too long yet readers still get a good introduction to the patriarch of the group, Bull and his everything, Red. Additionally, readers get to meet the other couples with just enough tease to know that their stories are going to be fascinating. Even with all of that, there is still enough added to grasp that the Conner world is big enough for every reader to slide in and belong too.

*Binge Warning* If you are new to this s
Carolyn Elias
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heartbreaking teams with hope

The book “For A Reason” is a must read before this story because it’s the story of Bull and Red which will leave you limp with damp cheeks. Bull and Red have gone on in their lives until Dillon enters in one of the art classes that Red now teaches. Red sees in Dillon everything he was before Bull came into his life and Red is so afraid for him. This story made me fear for Dillon and once again Jessie G has written a story that I couldn’t put down.
Wendy-Book Lovers 4Ever
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
With eight books into this series, and Our Reason being the third book about this couple, I can honestly say they only get better and better. I have loved them ever since Bull pulled over on the interstate to tow Red's broken down car. I can't explain how Jessie writes such deep, "OMG the feels" feelings of love between these two characters but she does. She brings it each and every time with Bull and Red. Don't get me wrong, I adore all of her guys, Bull and Red are not even my top guys in her ...more
Anera Shell
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great Installment

This series is and continues to be all about family. The ones you are born into and the ones you create. This book is less romance and more emotion, while bull and red expand their definition of family. Some nice teasers about the fishing lawyer. I would have liked more scenes with our favorites from past books but I'm greedy that way. Looking forward to the next books.
Nicole
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a heart warming story. A great addition to the series. Loved being able to catch up with the guys again. A catch up with Red and Bull the third installment and bk 5.7 in the Sizzling Miami series. Red and Bull help a teenager, who Red sees himself in. I must admit I did cry a few times. So worth the read, not just this book but the whole series and the other series connected Devils Pride MC. Great Read.
C. Ledlum
Nov 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
CAL

This was a lovely story overall. I have enjoyed every one of the Sizzling Miami books. I have one complaint with this one, it did not feel as if it were finished. I would have liked at least one more chapter to state what finally happened to the boy's previous family, for me that would have been a truly happy ending. Even though I wished for more i still would not hesitate to recommend this story to others as a good read!
Linda J
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Phenomenal

Jessie G books and the word phenomenal just go hand in hand. Every book she writes never disappoints you. It grabs you on the first page and never lets go! Red and Bull are favorites to many of her fans and I love how they have grown as a couple. Every story of hers is a stand alone however all characters are mentioned in all the stories.. so trust me... you’ll want to read them all!
Sue
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
ANOTHER SIZZLING MASTERPIECE!!!

This is yet another MASTERPIECE in the SIZZLING MIAMI SERIES. This story revolves around the love and lives of our beloved Red and Bull. Red is determined to help a troubled teen. Once Bull and all their friends get involved, Dillon and his Nan, see a better future. This was a moving story. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK AND THIS FANTASTIC SERIES!!!
Becky
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been hooked on this series from book 1 and I still love it! How can you not love Bull?!?!?!? Your heart aches for Dillon and his grandmother but reading how Bull and Red plus the whole family come together for them is a great read. Bull and Red make an amazing couple. But I definitely need more about the Fishing Lawyer!!!
Julie
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
👍JESSIE G CONTINUES TO BE FABULOUS!😀

👏OUR REASON is the eighth book in the SIZZLING MIAMI series written by Jessie G.
This book is more proof that Jessie G. is a truly talented writer.
This book is worth your time and money.
Christie
Oct 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A great short story!

Cute, heartbreaking and full of love! Totally worth reading!!! Can’t wait to read more from this crew. Red and Bull are in the top of my list for favorite couple. Happy reading!
Tiffany
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Never enough!

More Red and Bull? Yes please! Now we need the lawyers story which will hopefully reveal this plan we were left hanging not knowing about?
Colette
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, contemporary, m-m, series
3.5
Lindsay Crook
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Awwwwwww!!!

Bull and Red are just as cute and in love and I love them even more now they've saved poor 16 year old Dillon..Another great book by Jessie can't wait for the next.
Holly Shelley
May 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love this whole series and enjoy all the characters. I wish we could have a story with Clay and the boys and there backstory.
K
Shelves: 5, fav, kid, must-reread
Can’t rave about this series enough - loved this addition from the very first page and can’t wait for my reread when the next one in the series comes out.
Miranda
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yay new book

I love this series and this was a great addition. I love seeing our favorite characters again. I can't wait for the next full length book.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Wrong # in the series 4 202 Oct 24, 2017 10:41AM
Goodreads Librari...: Add to my author profile 3 14 Oct 22, 2017 08:01AM
Like many readers, the dream of being a writer has been with me a long time. After three decades of trying, I'd begun to doubt. Thanks to social media, I followed my favorite authors hoping to glean some words of wisdom as I pounded out half-formed ideas with alarming regularity. Two repetitive themes emerged: To be a great writer you must read a lot and your butt must be in the chair every day li ...more

Sizzling Miami (6 books)
  • Past Hurts (Sizzling Miami #1)
  • For A Reason (Sizzling Miami #2)
  • The Protector (Sizzling Miami #3)
  • Safety In Numbers (Sizzling Miami #5)
  • His Premier (Sizzling Miami #6)
  • A Home for the Holidays (Sizzling Miami, #9)