Start by marking “Mask Beneath Her Face” as Want to Read:
Mask Beneath Her Face

Mask Beneath Her Face

During the 1980s, slashers terrorized America. With machetes and masks, these unstoppable killers stalked college campuses, quiet suburbs, and lakeside cabins.

Thirty years ago, Bobbi Metzger survived a massacre at her 16th birthday party. She spent decades putting her life back together.

Published October 14th 2017 by Neoplastic Press

To ask other readers questions about Mask Beneath Her Face, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mask Beneath Her Face

Carrie
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
Back in the 1980s serial killers were terrorizing America slashing their way through college campuses, quiet suburbs, and lakeside cabins. Bobbi Metzger was sixteen at the time when a killer slashed their way through Bobbi's birthday party leaving her the lone survivor on that fateful night.

Now, thirty years later, Bobbi has spent decades trying to pull her life together and recover from that horrific night. Always on the lookout Bobbi just knows that the horror is still out there and will come
☆Dani☆ ☆Touch My Spine Book Reviews☆
Omg, this brought a new face to the horror genre! Yes it’s filled with guts and blood but the plot was AMAZING! I was hesitant to read this book at first. I mean look at that COVER!!!

Yes it scared the crapola out of me and had me awake through the night with nightmares but it also had me turning pages as fast as possible needing to know how things turned out! Rafael Chandler truly created a work of art when he wrote Mask Beneath Her Face. If you love a good slasher film and something so intense
Robyn
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Bobbi Metzger is a survivor. She was the only one left alive after a slasher invaded her sixteenth birthday party butchering all of her friends and leaving Bobbi with a scars in remembrance of that horrible night. Thirty years later, Bobbi is still trying to piece her life back together. Starting over in a new city with a new job, everything seems to be going well for Bobbi, until the nightmares invade her mind again. Fearful that a slasher is going to slaughter the only people she loves, Bobbi ...more
Didi Oviatt
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh my hell, this horror book is an IN YOUR FACE THRILL RIDE! Hands down the best slasher book I've read. The gore is nasty, the supernatural is terrifying, and the entire premise of the story is like a whirlwind of the worst of the worst killers combine. I usually do my reading at night while trying to either fall asleep or put my kids to sleep. After one night's attempt at Mask Beneath Her Face, I had to switch up my entire routine.

I didn't get a wink of sleep, I was scared out of my damn mind
Nicole (TheBookWormDrinketh)

I haven’t read a good horror book in a while, and I will admit, I had my doubts about this one. I found it a little hard to get into at first and there were SO MANY ERRORS!! Apparently, the L key on Rafael’s computer was not working in the draft that I started reading.

I had almost called it quits when I realized that, for some reason, I had TWO copies of the book (I must have been accidentally sent the wrong one, and then was sent the correct copy.)

This copy was SO MUCH BETTER!! (There
Liz
Feb 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Revenge was a mouthful of ashes, nails driven into one’s own palms.

On the scale of innocent to holy batshit crazy, I think I tip the scales towards the ‘lock me up‘ for loving this slasher horror book so wholeheartedly. It was a non-stop thrilling read- seriously– I just couldn’t stop turning the pages! It’s a whole lot of death, yes, but it’s done packaged so that chapter to chapter I was offered more and more intrigue. The story has paranormal slashers, but they felt so real. There’s no frea
Autumn
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017

WHAT did I just read? Oh man this book was freaking perfect for me. I loved all the gore and killings and how nothing was held back. We are introduced to different characters but they all have something in common. You see Bobbi thirty years ago came across a serial killer yet this serial killer was not alive. Bobbi has spent her life running and trying to find a way to finally kill the serial killer who killed her friends so long ago.
Jessie he has had his
Elizabeth
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Tonight, Bobbi will face a new killer: a high-tech slasher hell-bent on opening the doorway to an abyss of unimaginable horror.

How long can Bobbi survive this nightmare? What will she do to protect the people she
Yesha
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
*** Note: I received review copy of this book as a part of blog tour organized by R&RBookTours, in exchange for an honest review.  Many thanks to Shannon and author. ***

4.5 Stars

Mask Beneath Her Face was a story of four main characters- Sam, Bobbi, Jesse, and Chris. All had the dreadful gory bloodstained past that was told in third person narrative. It was mind blowing brilliantly written thriller horror story of revenge, survivors, and some terrifying slashers.

If you love 80’s slasher flick
Noelle Kelly
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m a massive fan of the slasher genre, so when I read the book blurb for Mask Beneath Her Face, I couldn’t wait to get stuck in! This is like a great slasher movie but in written form! Mask Beneath Her Face is the most fun horror I’ve read since I was a teenager!

Best Read

Before a binge watch of your favourite slasher movies! This book will leave you wanting more slasher action.

Mask Beneath Her Face starts off with a nostalgic 80’s vibe at Bobbi’s 16th birthday party, which descends into a blood
LJ (On The Shelf Reviews)
Mar 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bobbi, Jesse and Sam all have something in common, they all survived. Back in the 80’s slashers terrorised America, no matter how many times you killed them they kept coming back again and again. Now thirty years later the slashers are coming back, even more terrifying than ever.

As the blurb says this book is not for the faint of heart! There is plenty of violence and gore but I liked the fact that it wasn’t too graphic, which is problem I’ve encountered with the horror genre before. I mean I do
Allan
Mar 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received this as a Good reads Giveaway and I have to say i am extremely pleased with this book. Not only is the story well written it uses a bit of history as a back story. I found myself googling the old civilization mentioned and was intrigued by the details of how they worshipped. I was also drawn into the story where the heroes if they can be called that are extremely flawed. All in all a great read that I would have gladly paid full price for. I recommend this highly to anyone that wants ...more
Debbie Littley
Mar 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This may well be the beat horror book i have read in a long time.
The action starts straight away and doesn't let up. Maybe not one for anyone squeamish as there is a fair amount of blood and gore through out but i absolutely loved it and it will be a book i will read again.
Rafael Chandler is an author to keep an eye out for.
If you enjoy good old fashioned slasher films then this book is a million percent for you!
Highly highly recommended :-)
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Let me start by saying that Mask Beneath Her Face reminded me of several different slasher type movies like Halloween, Friday the 13th, Candyman, A Nightmare on Elm Street plus a whole lot more. I have loved these types of movies for as long as I can remember so when I read the summary and went to Amazon to check out the free preview it didn't take me long to figure out I had to read this book.

Mask Beneath Her Face started off with a girl swinging a machete and you couldn't figure out if she was
Mahathi Ramya
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it

This is the story of psycho killers, their behavior and feelings and the impact of their torture and continuous fear on their victims. North America was terrorized by people called Slashers in 1980's who used to kill their victims without mercy behind the masks. The story starts with the birthday party of Bobby going wrong because of a serial killer intruding the party and killing all her friends. Though Bobby could escape, the incident scars her life. There is a fear that someday the killer wil
Jessica Bronder
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Thirty years ago Bobbi Metzger survived a serial killer that slaughtered those at her birthday party. She has spent the last thirty years putting her life back together. She is not alone. Jesse Counsel is another survivor of a serial killer. And then there is Cristina Vargas who dreams of becoming one of the elite killers herself. Together along with several others we will follow along as Bobbi and Jesse try to stay alive.

I love the slasher movies from the 80’s. There is nothing like blood, guts
C. Gonzales
Jan 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
This was a horror novel that really made me think on a deeper level than most novels of its same genre.

There is a lot going on and a lot to understand since you are diving into a new world. I think that Rafael Chandler really managed to keep his readers up to speed by giving them just enough along the way without making them feel lost or bogged down with information.

I loved the grittiness of the novel. Definitely a thrilling horror.
Bailey Ember
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
This novel had a powerful main character and a powerful underlying perserverance. I liked the way the author set up the novel and the history he made sure to give the reader so that they came to understand the situation. One of my favorite things was the pacing. I felt like everything really flowed smoothly and led to an easy read. There are definitely some darker moments throughout, so not for the faint of heart. A wonderful Horror!
Cyrene Olson
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Uncaged Review: What if the monster hiding under your bed was real? I took the journey along with a group of friends proving monsters are real and revenge is a dish best served cold.

The book is filled with a lot of blood and gruesome action. A mixture of entertaining reading awaits you.. Reviewed by Jennifer
Truly
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mask Beneath Her Face is a fast-paced thriller that is full of suspense. Chandler has written a novel that is sure to keep you up at night wondering if there really is monsters in the closet. You will question everything that goes bump in the night has you read page after page of this nail biting novel. If you love a good mystery thriller than Mask Beneath Her Face is the book for you!
Louisa
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was so awesome! I've never really read a horror book of the slasher variety, maybe Stephanie Perkins, There's Someone Inside Your House? I always get the title mixed up. But I've see the 4 Scream movies and enjoyed them, and I enjoyed this book! It was dark and supernatural, and really enjoyable! And that ending, that was totally unexpected!
Vnunez-Ms_luv2read
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley
OMG!!!!! This book is something else. I loved it! The story involves past and present friends. I loved the way the storyline came together. This book has it all. Gore, suspense, thrills, it is all here. This book grabs you from page one and does not let go. Thanks to NetGalley, the author and the publisher for the ARC of this book in return for my honest review. Get this book now!!!!!
Clipinchick
Apr 02, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I received this book for free from the author/publisher in response for an honest review of the book. I have not had the opportunity to read this book at this time. I will add my
review of this book once I have read the book. Thank k you for allowing me the optometrist review your work. I look forward to reading this book.
Samantha Turley
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror
What a great addition to the Horror Genre and this series. I loved the fact that the author was able to transport his reader to the exact setting with the characters. It made the danger and mystery that more believable.
This novel will keep you in suspense and trying to figure out each and every twist and turn as you read. You wont be able to put it down.
Giselle
Mar 22, 2018 marked it as to-read
Request your free review copy here: [closed - other review opportunities found here]
Erica Robyn
Jun 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mask Beneath Her Face by Rafael Chandler is an intense slasher novel filled with mayhem, gore, revenge, and characters straight out of nightmares!

Be warned: once you start this one, you won't want to put it down!

Full disclosure: I was given a free copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review. This did not affect my rating in any way.

Right from the acknowledgements, I knew this was going to be a great book. I mean "Now: let us travel to the 1980s and see what horrors we find
Jasmine
Oct 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review coming soon
Kim Lo
Apr 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Mask Beneath Her Face is a well-written novel. Being a fan of the slasher movie genre, this book hit all the right chords. The pacing was a little bit slow in the beginning but it picks up really quickly as the characters become established and we learn about each of these four characters and the past that haunts them along with the slasher they are avoiding. The characters are unique in personality making them each have their value in the survival. By the time we reach halfway, its a thrilling ...more
Lavender
Mar 02, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own, giveaways, kindle
Placeholder

I won this book via Goodreads Giveaways.
Cranky - The Book Curmudgeon
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 Cranky Stars

The way this book started let me know that it was going to be different from any other book that I have read. This is a nod to the horror/slasher films that were done in the late 80s. You know the movies that would scare you half to death. That is the opening chapter of this book. I really like how it’s told in different points of view.

I really felt a connection to Bobbi, Jesse, and Cris. Each had their own backstory, and each played a crucial role in the story. The author did a f

• Parasite Life
  • Omega
  • In the Beginning
  • Wakening the Crow
  • A Spell of Murder (Witch Cats of Cambridge #1)
  • A Dark and Sure Descent: Being a True Account of the Long Island Outbreak
  • The Llama of Death: A Gunn Zoo Mystery (A Gunn Zoo Mystery, #3)
  • Eden Chip
  • The Fractured: Elena (Fractured, #1; Blemished, #2.5)
  • Body of Christ
  • Sleep State Interrupt
  • The Beauty of Horror II: Ghouliana's Creepatorium: Another Goregeous Coloring Book
  • Full Brutal
  • Infinite Time (Infinite Time, #1)
  • Dark Pleasures (Pure/ Dark Ones #4)
  • Secrets and Lies (Cassie Scot, #2)
  • Location Unknown 1 & 2
  • Switchblade (The Rockwood Trilogy #1)
Rafael Chandler writes novels (The Astounding Antagonists, Hexcommunicated), video games (SOCOM 4, Rainbow Six: Lockdown), and tabletop role-playing games (ViewScream, Pandemonio). He's a metalhead, kaijuphile, gamer, and gorehound.