Start by marking “Crafting a Patterned Home: Painting, Printing, and Stitching Projects to Enliven Every Room” as Want to Read:

Published April 10th 2018 by Roost Books

To ask other readers questions about Crafting a Patterned Home, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crafting a Patterned Home

Janet
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an Advance Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
From the publisher -

Create a unique space that’s all your own–bold and colorful handmade projects to fill your home with pattern from color expert crafter extraordinaire Kristin Nicholas. Jump into the world of pattern–get a crash course on the types of patterns and how they are made; learn how to gain inspiration and ideas from a variety of sources; explore ways of pairing different patterns togethe
penny shima glanz
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Pattern is everywhere. No matter where you are on the pattern-mixing comfort scale, you can learn from Kristen Nicholas' newest book, Crafting a Patterned Home. Perhaps best known at Knitty for her colorful knitting [Felted Tea Cozy, Macarons], Kristin Nicholas is a multi-talented artist and experienced author. In this title, she invites you into her home to see how you can craft projects that will brighten your abode.

Crafting a Patterned Home begins with an introduction to pattern.
June Jacobs
Dec 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a beautiful volume of home decor projects from a versatile and talented designer.

I particularly loved the textile {sewing & hand-embroidery} and knitting projects because those are skills I possess. However, there are numerous painting, stenciling, and ceramic projects which will appeal to individuals who work in those mediums.

Highly recommended!

------------
I borrowed this book from the local public library.

###############
Rebecca
Flipped through. I am a fan of pattern mixing and bright colors, but I don't see myself creating my own. This book includes instructions on many different techniques, so it's a good primer if you're looking to try stitching, printing, etc, or see some visual inspiration for your space.
Cynthia
Apr 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another beautiful book from the creative mind that is Kristin Nicholas!!! I want to do all the projects never enough time in the day. Inspiration on every page!
Mckinley
Apr 12, 2018 rated it did not like it
Nothing for me.
Darla
Mar 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not quite as good as the first book
Stephanie Arnold
Jul 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Some interesting projects, I like the can-do attitude of the author!
Sharon
Jul 21, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-2018
The rooms are much too bold and colorful for my everyday living space, but I enjoyed looking at the pictures.
Jenny
2 stars for the projects (just not my style); upgraded to 3 stars for the comprehensiveness of the book overall as a resource for those whose style will match the projects.
Emily Ark
rated it it was ok
Jun 09, 2018
Ronda Canary
May 26, 2018
Nissa
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Stunning, full color photography captures the beautiful patterned projects featured in this book. I downloaded this galley thinking it would be a decorating book, but it is so much more. Color theory, pattern design, and techniques for creating patterns on walls, textiles, and hard goods are included. The stunning projects are all featured within the context of Nicholas' home, which is a lovely example of what a home looks like when decorated without fear of color or patterns. This is an approac ...more
Kim
Jessica
Sep 12, 2018
Amber
Sep 18, 2018
KRISTIN NICHOLAS is a knitwear and stitchery designer who lives in western Massachusetts on a working sheep farm with her husband and daughter and 400 sheep, three border collies, two great pyrenees guard dogs, ten cats, thirty chickens, one guard donkey, and one guard llama.

Kristin learned to knit and sew when she was nine years old. Following her passion for creating, she received a BS from Uni