Start by marking “Sisters of Gold (Sisters of Gold #1)” as Want to Read:
Sisters of Gold (Sisters of Gold #1)

Sisters of Gold

(Sisters of Gold #1)

Sisters Margaret and Annie lost their mother years ago, they long for her every day. Their protective and devout father keeps the girls close. But he can’t protect them all the time . . . When a scandal rocks this family unit to their core, the girls are forced to leave their home under a shadow of secrecy.

The girls arrive in the Birmingham’s famous jewellery quarter one

Published February 8th 2018 by Pan

To ask other readers questions about Sisters of Gold, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sisters of Gold

Start your review of Sisters of Gold (Sisters of Gold #1)
Mary Wood
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
More than a read - a wonderful experience

This novel is beautifully written, and enthralling.

The research undertaken by the author into the jewellery business at the time of the turn of the nineteenth to the twentieth century gives a depth to the storyline

The pace of the events have you not wanting to put the book down as you need to know the outcome of each.

A book that I found to have every element needed - a thoroughly good and engrossing read, which I highly recommend to lovers of historical
booklover BEV
Apr 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
an amazing book i did really enjoy it
brenda young
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant

Another great book by this author , loved getting to know the characters and although the book went back to what had happened then back to the present time in the book it doesn't distract you, would really recommend it .
Lou Nixon
Jan 22, 2020 rated it really liked it
Sally
Feb 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As usual, Annie Murray's prose sank into my mind like rain into parched turf. It takes great skill to produce something so easily read and which makes you turn 'just one more page'. I hadn't read fiction for a while - too busy with other matters. I've missed this feeling!

The plot did leave resolution quite late; I was beginning to wonder if it would be a case of 'continued in next book' - happily not. This story was more gripping near the end than I'd expected, and I fairly raced through the se
Katie Carr
Apr 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
I chose this book because of a family connection with the Jewellery Quarter in Birmingham, but I knew that it would be a well-written saga regardless of the setting. Annie Murray's books achieve a real sense of place - and of time, in this case the turn of the century when Birmingham was still very much the 'workshop of the world' but was also, like any big city of that era, a place of extreme poverty and deprivation. The characters were engaging, and the presence of two heroines rather than one ...more
Apr 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. You can’t help but empathise with the characters of Margaret and Annie. A great story that you can’t put down. Lovely that it’s set so close to home and mentions local places Worcester and Alcester.
Sharon
Jun 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Annie does not disappoint. She had me captured with this story. A real virtual page turner. Two sisters,a rigid father, a bad man, a deceased mother,a destitute family,a loving aunt and uncle and in the end a good ending.
c m bolton
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sisters of gold

This book rates more than five stars. I loved it from the first page to the last. Even learning new things to make. The girls are delightful and the story takes you in and has you sitting on the edge of your chair. A must read.
Layla Ashby
Jan 23, 2020 rated it it was ok
Just couldn’t get into this, really wanted to but no.
Trudie
Oct 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Normally I love Annie's books but I struggled to get into this for some reason. I did enjoy the 2nd half of the book though
Michelle
Sep 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lovely book and enjoyed the setting in Birmingham. My only concern was an English author using American spellings!
Barbara Neal
Feb 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: annie-murray
Annie Murray never disappoints. Look forward to reading her second book.
Penny Little
Mar 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Slow to start but got better. Usual family saga.
Rachel Muumbo
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A really good story with great characters that really pull you in.
Rachel
Leslie Holmes
Jan 15, 2019
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Children from Gin Barrel Lane
  • A Daughter's Journey (Birch End #1)
  • Far From Home
  • The Shop Girls of Harpers (Harpers Emporium #1)
  • Christmas with the Shipyard Girls (Shipyard Girls #7)
  • The Bobby Girls (The Bobby Girls #1)
  • Rainy Days for the Harpers Girls (Harpers Emporium #3)
  • The Cobbler's Kids
  • Love Is Blind
  • The Velvet Ribbon (Tarabeg #3)
  • The District Nurses of Victory Walk (The District Nurse #1)
  • The Women of Mulberry Lane (Mulberry Lane #5)
  • A Village Scandal (The Village Secrets, Book 2)
  • Secrets of the Homefront Girls
  • The Dover Cafe at War (The Dover Cafe #1)
  • This Time For Keeps
  • Victory for the Bluebird Girls (Bluebird Girls #4)
  • Every Mother's Son: As the Liverpool Blitz Rages, War Touches Every Family...
Annie Murray was a ‘childhood writer.’ Her career was helped a great deal by belonging to Tindal Street Fiction Group in Birmingham and by winning the SHE/Granada TV Short Story Competition in 1991. She has published short stories in a number of anthologies as well as SHE magazine. Her first regional saga, Birmingham Rose appeared in 1995 and reached the Times bestseller list. She has since publis ...more

Sisters of Gold (2 books)
  • The Silversmith's Daughter (Sisters of Gold #2)

News & Interviews