Start by marking “Rescued From Paradise” as Want to Read:
Rescued From Paradise

Rescued From Paradise

Two hot men. One deserted tropical island.

Carefree Adam Bennet comes from a long line of earthy people— gardeners, herbalists, hippies, and farmers. His grandmother taught him and his brothers to live off the land, to heal themselves, and above all, to trust their intuition about a person or situation.

Mr. Don’t-Touch-Me Wade O’Rourke wouldn’t dream of something so pede
Kindle Edition, 1 edition, 216 pages
Published October 20th 2017 by LoveLight Press

To ask other readers questions about Rescued From Paradise, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rescued From Paradise

Start your review of Rescued From Paradise
Bárbara
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
*ARC provided by Gay Book Promotions on behalf of the author*

This is a quick, entertaining read. The premise interested me as soon as I read the blurb, and the excecution was nicely developed!

I didn't expect to get involved so quickly with these characters; however, at one point I did find myself even tearing up a bit when tension was getting too dramatic. It was just so good!

I honestly couldn't stop reading. It had lots of things to keep me interested at all times: not only the pace of the stor
JoAnn
Jul 02, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
2.5 Stars

Blah... I don’t even know why I grabbed this book. Damn BookBub....

Maybe a review later.
Amber
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved Rescued From Paradise by H.J. Perry. It has become my new favorite book of hers. Like all of H.J. Perry's books, there was a great balance between sexy hot scenes and drama. It's a great opposites-attract book. Adam comes from a longline of earthy people and has just finished an apprenticeship with an herbalist and is on his way back to the states when his plane goes down. He is out and proud and comes from a loving family and has been taught to listen to his intuition and believe in fat ...more
Ed Davis
Jul 13, 2019 rated it liked it
It was ok. Pretty slow moving.
Earlyn
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
one guy knows what he wants and who he is, the other living his life as his parents and uncle see fit.
The meet of a flight back to America from a Caribbean island. Unfortunately the plane crashes, the only survivors are Adam and Wade.
The forge a friendship through necessity. For the first time in his life Wade could feel the things he was neglecting in his life. He found someone who he could relate too. Even though it took baby This part made me sad, when they were rescued and Wade's reality cam
Denise GremoryKohta
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
H.J. Perry has done it again. This story has so much. I love the characters, not just Adam and Wade. Irene, Benjamin, Cade, and grannie were big parts in it as well. I cried, laughed, and seriously wanted to shake someone while reading but I was smiling when it was done.This may be a stand alone but there is so much that can be done with it. I’d love to know how Tommy is doing. Plus, what about all the other guys and their happy endings? I have loved every book by this author and can’t wait to s ...more
Linda
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
Meet Adam and Wade two completely different men from the same small won who never knew the other existed until they were plane wrecked together on a deserted island. This story has unexpected depths and touches on some very strong emotional and dark upbringing issues.
It was patient and strong, simple and steamy (in an understated way. Absolutely worth reading. H.J. Perry has nailed a strong issue and made it seem like any other love story.
Give this book a read for the opposites attracts and ge
Suzanne Ellis
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Paradise.....we all want it, whatever vision that word conjures in our minds when we think of it. Most of us have wished, once or twice, aloud or in our heads, that we were were on a deserted island for whatever reason we wished it at the time. So this book, Rescued From Paradise by H J Perry, is kind of like vicariously living out our dreams or wishes for as long as it takes to read this wonderfully emotional story.
Adam and Wade are both on the small, tropical Caribbean island of Maona at the s
Mari  Cardenas
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, adventure, angsty, hot
4 Stars!

Adam is going back home after a 6-month stay at an island studying herbs and alternative medicine with his grandma's friend. He's down to earth, out and proud, mellow and sweet.

Wade was at the same island doing some research to buy some land there. He's high strung and so far in the closet, he's convinced himself he's straight.

Adam and Wade meet up on the plane taking them back to the States, but they don't exactly hit it off. What will happen when the plane crashes and they end up bei
ButtonsMom2003
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-from-author
I really loved this book.

I've been reading books by H J Perry for a while now and I've really enjoyed them. Rescued from Paradise is a bit different from her other books as it features a U.S. location and characters rather than English characters. Her Sky High Scaffolders are among my favorite English characters in all of the books I've read. Having said all of that, I think she has really outdone herself with Rescued from Paradise; I loved every single word of it.

Adam and Wade couldn't be more
Violet  Marshall
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Yes
An enthralling book with great writing. The plot was entertaining and it was steady throughout the book. I found the story and characters captivating. The characters were well developed and thought out. Wade and Adam are the MC’s of this book. I loved how these two ended up working together and supporting each other. There was humor, herb guy, boy scout gut, bear wrestling?, lean-to, fire, plane crash, sand, waterfall, stashes of white cheddar popcorn, a shell and so much more in this book.

Here
Barbara
Oct 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a very interesting book that takes us on a ride with Adam and Wade as they have to survive on a deserted island after their plane crashes. Finding food and shelter along with water takes up their time. While there Wade faces life changing events, including discovering his true sexuality. As their relationship grows, Adam uses his skills as a maker and herbalist to help them survive, even as Wade is the hunter and designer. One can almost feel being on the island with the two men. How th ...more
Sarita Chapdelaine
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a fun and entertaining read with enough angst to keep it interesting. It is well written and the secondary characters are great. Adam is an absolute sweetheart and he grabbed my heart immediately. It took me a while to warm up to Wade but once they had been on the island for a few days his personality came out. I do think it ended too soon though, I wanted a lot more of Adam and Wade together and more of how Wade's family dealt with their relationship. I hope there will be another book t ...more
Rebecca
Nov 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I didn’t think I’d care for it too much because of adams too optimistic view on everything especially considering when you’ve been in a traumatic event where everyone except you and another person survive a plane crash. That’s a #1 reason I don’t give this a full five; the aftermath of the plane crash events were unrealistic or the others on the plane are hardly mentioned or mourned and just not realistic. All in all the love story was very good and I liked Adam even though from the beginning he ...more
Pat
Jul 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wonderful, may contain spoilers.

A wonderful read. Adam and Wade stranded on a small deserted island. Wade has many issues from past and with his family regarding his sexuality and intimacy. But he cannot deny the growing attraction between him and Adam. All of their closeness comes to a shattering halt once they are rescued, with Wade returning to the closet and pushing Adam away. Can he find the courage to be his true self? Can he find the damage done?
Esther Alayeto
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A wonderful story of two strangers who survive a plane crash and find themselves on a deserted island. Great storyline that kept me hooked to its pages all throughout. Adam and Wade live in the same small town but had never met until stranded together and are total opposites. The pull between them is undeniable and they are perfect together.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy of this book.
Diane

I loved the characters and the plot. These two artists think outside the box and the work they do demonstrates this perfectly. Their true friends are loyal and they have a couple 'false starts' before they figure out how to be a couple and what they want their future together to look like. Since one character has to look at himself through a new 'mirror' it takes him awhile to see who he really is...but once he does he's completely on board.
Kelsey
It was cheap (or free?)

I wasn't expecting a lot from the description but I was hoping it would be a bit more than this. Despite finding the writing very uninspiring, I liked the MCs enough to stick with it. Unfortunately the plot advanced quickly, there was very little drama and SO many erections.

It read a bit like fan fic with your OTP. It wasn't that good but it was still enjoyable. 2.5 stars.
Valerie
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful story! Although I liked Wade as the story progressed, I loved Adam from the beginning. He is such a calm influence that you want to know him in real life. Although Adam keeps his feelings for Wade inside and let Wade figure out his feelings, he’s a kind soul that you root for from the beginning. It almost ripped my heart out when they get rescued, but the ending is wonderful! A great read!!!
Ann
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable read. Ward has some serious hangups having been effectively brainwashed by his family and Adam brings him back to earth.
I assumed we would see more of the book being about the rescue and their life afterwards as implied by the title rather than only a third. However it was an enjoyable read.
Kk
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
A light contemporary m/m story..There is some predictable low angst 2/3s the way through as Wade comes from a homophobic/pseudo-religious family. (Its funny how JC was all about love thy neighbors but Christians are so judgmental of their neighbors.)

I'd recommend this as a palate cleanser after something heavy like TJ Klune.
Read-A-Book Everyday Reviews!!!
I could not like this book. And believe me, I tried. My favorite trope is Island romance after all, especially mm. These men didn’t have chemistry in my opinion. It was very forced and fake to me. Cheesy at times and the things they said and way they talked were not realistic to me.
Dnf.
tammy rufo
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
i really liked Adam and Wade as a couple, but Wade took some time for me to warm up to him. Adam was just the sweetest ever. Loved all the secondary characters. this book made me laugh and cry, hope there is more would like to know what happened to Tommy and the rest of the guys!
DeWanda
Jan 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kultd
Shonda Franks
Oct 20, 2018 rated it did not like it
Not my cup of tea.
Taid Stone
Oct 24, 2017 rated it liked it
A casually enjoyable story, a bit fantastic, about two completed different men who survive a plane crash and are stranded on an island--the stuff of dreams.
Julia
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• The Experiment
  • Roommate
  • No Good Mitchell
  • Just a Bit Wrecked (Straight Guys, #11)
  • Inside Affair (Prime Time, #1)
  • Griff's Place (Havenwood #4)
  • Liars (Licking Thicket, #2)
  • We Have Till Dawn
  • Sea Kissed
  • Two Best Men, Only One Bed! (Heroes of Port Dale, #6)
  • Forgotten: Luca (The Four, #1)
  • King Me (Forever Wilde, #7)
  • Unnatural (The Wrong Alpha, #1)
  • Just Friends (Never Just Friends, #1)
  • Secret Admirer (Love Notes, #1)
  • May the Best Man Win
  • Hopeless Bromantics (Love & Luck #4)
  • Tic-Tac-Mistletoe
Almost 50 and English. Lives in the UK.
Identified as part of the LGBT crowd since before those letters came together. A lifelong campaigner around those issues that affect us.

An avid wide-ranging reader. Mostly reads:
* YA
* SF
* M/M romance.
* Books with LGBT themes and characters.

Latest book ~ Home Goal ~ published end of May 2016. ASIN: B01G5C9GG0