Start by marking “At the Christmas Lodge (Christmas Collection)” as Want to Read:
At the Christmas Lodge (Christmas Collection)

At the Christmas Lodge

(Christmas Collection)

When Desirae Richey agrees to go home with some college friends for Christmas, she expects a small family gathering. Instead she is taken to the Christmas Lodge in the snowy mountains of Canada to a noisy, fun loving, adventurous group of family and friends who welcome her as one of their own. Everything seems to be going as planned until an unexpected snowfall occurs.
Published November 13th 2017 by Read Another Page Publishing (first published October 13th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about At the Christmas Lodge, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about At the Christmas Lodge

Kate Willis
I read this short story in about half an hour and thoroughly enjoyed the adorable storyline and Christmas-y setting. It included quite a few fun traditions but definitely didn't miss the true meaning of Christmas. I'm looking forward to re-reading it this season. ;) Just a note that there is a slight element of romance. (Which was really cute. *sighs happily*)
Age Appropriate For: All Ages
Best for Ages: All Ages

My sister, Mikayla, read this book first and told me about it. I agree with her that it is one of the sweetest and best Christmas stories I have ever read.

They style and the feel of the story made me think of Louisa May Alcott or Grace Livingston Hill. The story didn’t try to be anything other than a sweet Christmas story. So many stories today try to be super romantic, or very deep, or add an unexpected plot twist. It was nice to read a nostal
Sarah Grace Grzy
Such a cute story! I love it! And Dunny and Des . . . <3 <3 <3 Love it! Maybe I will read this aloud to my siblings as it gets closer to Christmas . . . :)
Liz F.
Oh my goodness, I loved this story so, so, so much!!

It was super Christmasy and snowy and fun!! Dunny and Des are very sweet!! I loved all the descriptions and the writing style!
This might be one of my new favorite Christmas stories!

5 stars! :D
Serethiel ☽ ✨
Set in the cold, winter-y land of Canada, At the Christmas Lodge is a sweet, Christmas short story with just a touch of romance.

I enjoyed this story, and was content with the ending. The writing style was charming, and though there didn't seem to be much plot or character development, it still made for a fun and refreshing read. ☺

You may want to know: There is the slight mention of an inattentive father.
Angie Thompson
Eeeep! This was adorable! I didn't grow up with cousins, but there are some close family friends I can imagine having a get-together like this with. And I could totally understand Des being a bit overwhelmed at first. :)

(view spoiler)

100% winter fun smothered in sweetness with just a dash of adventure = a perfect Christmas st
Amanda Tero
Nov 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This has a slight hint of romance, and is a sweet story yet completely clean and chaste. I did have a hard time following along the characters because there were a lot of them for such a short story. A lot of things were mentioned but just didn’t feel complete to me. But if you want a quick, satisfactory read, this one fits.

*I received this book from the author and happily provided my honest review*
Mikayla
This was a super sweet, really short book. One of the things I always appreciate about Morris is that her books are always realistic. I really can't dive into much of the book without telling you spoilers, but it was really cute. I loved the tie between modern and old times. I have never liked that set up before, but it made sense in this book and I found myself enjoying it a lot.
This is a perfect Christmas book to read in a free half hour or so.
Faith
This was a cute, short, Christmas-y tale. I enjoyed it. :) I loved the scenes with all the college kids' snowy day fun. The only reason I gave this story a lower rating was because there wasn't much plot to it.
Dunny was my favorite character. Definitely a gentleman, and I loved all the parts with him and Des. :)
Hannah
I loved the retro feel of this little story. The tale is well told and is full of all sorts of Christmas feels. If you’re looking for something to get you into the Christmas spirit, look no farther than this short tale of a family Christmas in Canada.
E.F.B.
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm giving this 4 stars instead of five simply because it took a little bit for me to become invested in the story, but once I was I really enjoyed it. This is sweet, simple Christmas story perfect for reading by the fireside with your favorite warm drink.
R.A.
I LOVED THIS!

I've loved every one of Rebekah's books that I've read so far... they are just so lovely and wonderful! This one particularly was really good - I knew from my friends' reviews of it it would be really good! I love the idea of a Christmas lodge and going to one would be so much fun!

Des and Dustin were so sweet! <3 I love how Des is telling her niece the story about the Christmas lodge. :)

As I read this, I kept telling my sister that it reminded me of when I was doing Camp Nano in
Erika Mathews
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-cover
At the Christmas Lodge is a whimsical story of a Christmas adventure - snow, fun and games, laughter and new friends, dangers and excitement, and perhaps even a hint of romance. I enjoyed the vivid personalities, the lively games invented by the young people during the Christmas celebration, and the deep, realistic emotions portrayed. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for a light Christmas read. Four of five stars
Dec 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-kindle, own
Christmas stocking stuffer

Got this free online. It was a short but sweet story. I would have liked to learn more about young Des’s history.

Kaitlyn Krispense
Bethany C.
Jan 05, 2018
Karli
Apr 19, 2018
Rebekah A. Morris has lived her entire life (as of now) in Missouri. Being home educated during her school years was great, except for writing. That was the worst subject (along with math) that she had to do. It wasn't until after she graduated that she discovered the joys and wonder of writing. Now she can't write enough. After spending six years in research and writing, she completed her first b ...more

Christmas Collection (8 books)
  • The Christmas She Wanted (Christmas Collection)
  • Christmas Smiles (Christmas Collection)
  • Christmas Eve at the Backdoor (Christmas Collection)
  • Home for Christmas (Christmas Collection)
  • Christmas Delays and Other Short Stories (Christmas Collection)
  • First Christmas in America (Christmas Collection)
  • A Christmas Disaster (Christmas Collection)