Start by marking “Pizza With Jesus (No Black Olives): Finding Hope and Grace Amid Hardship and Grief” as Want to Read:

Pizza With Jesus (No Black Olives) chronicles one couple’s faith journey through the cumulative effects of compound losses, suffering and grief. One found his reward. The other found her way back to God. Their journey is a lesson in obedience, patience and trust in the Lord. It spans all types of loss and grief, not only grief in response to death. It is a testimony to the ...more
Published November 1st 2017 by Pamela Jean Frick

To ask other readers questions about Pizza With Jesus (No Black Olives), please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pizza With Jesus (No Black Olives)

Start your review of Pizza With Jesus (No Black Olives): Finding Hope and Grace Amid Hardship and Grief
Kayo
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Inspiring, hopeful, and also a bit sad. BUT, so worth it. Author needs to write a book in a few years to show us how her life has progressed. Loved this book.

Thank you to author, Smith Publishing, and Netgalley for the chance to read this book.
While I got the book for free, it had no bearing on the rating I gave it.
Becky
First sentence: God sends his angels and love in many forms. One of my favorites is the dog. Always I learn from dogs--my own and every single stray.

Premise/plot: P.J. Frick shares her story, her testimony, with readers in Pizza With Jesus (No Black Olives). The book is about her many losses, the grieving process, and walking with Jesus through it all. She writes, "Loss is as varied as a fingerprint--as are the many responses to it."

My thoughts: Throughout the book of Psalms, believers are calle
David McClendon, Sr
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Pizza With Jesus (No Black Olives) by P. J. Frick is the rather sad story of one woman’s journey through grief. It would seem that she is blasted at every turn with some new challenge.

If you want to read a book that will hit you like a ton of bricks, this is it. We see God in every page. We see Jesus with arms wide open.

This book is well-written and impactful. We see how when the author, P. J. Frick, was at her lowest points, God sent furry little angels to rescue her.

When you sit down to read
Bonnie
Oct 21, 2017
Bonnie
This is a beautifully written book about a woman's journey through loss and grief. This is not a self-help guide for those who have lost. Rather it's a memoir and a sharing of intimate discovery along the way. The author holds nothing back in discussing the raw emotions and challenges she has faced throughout these times in her life. She openly share of her faith and growth. This book is a gift to anyone who reads it.
Courtney
Nov 18, 2017
P.J. Frick
Oct 21, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Christabelle