Start by marking “Leave Tomorrow: My Ride to the Bottom of the World” as Want to Read:
Leave Tomorrow: My Ride to the Bottom of the World

Leave Tomorrow: My Ride to the Bottom of the World

"For everyone thinking of a new adventure, a new life, or even a new venture: DO IT." - Jim Rogers, bestselling author of Investment Biker.

After building a successful business, Dirk Weisiger was ready for something new. But he wasn’t sure what. Maybe a motorcycle adventure, I’ve never done that!

What followed was a fourteen-month, solo motorcycle journey from Austin, Te
Published October 20th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Leave Tomorrow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Leave Tomorrow

Start your review of Leave Tomorrow: My Ride to the Bottom of the World
Ruthie Jones
I'm a seasoned traveler, but after reading about Dirk Weisiger's journey to the Bottom of the World on a motorcycle, I am in complete awe of his courage, audacity, and adventurous spirit.

Leave Tomorrow has a couple of vibes. First and foremost, this story is a chronicle of one man's journey from Texas to Argentina on a motorcycle, the Iron Horse (the relationship Dirk has with his motorcycle is fabulous). This adventure is filled with friendly people, tests of patience, danger, uncertainty, exci
Lorilei Gonzales
Feb 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I'm not too proud to admit that I sort of begged to review this book. My husband owns the DVD boxset of The Long Round and The Long Way Down, and I was hooked right away. When I saw that Weisiger's book was of a similar nature, I had to get my hands on it. I was ecstatic to see that he covered a different part of the world and completed the journey ALL BY HIMSELF! No camera crews to back him up if something went wrong or a translator was needed. And as I set the book down and got my notebook rea ...more
Mike
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: texas-authors
Leave Tomorrow

Leave Tomorrow is more of an adventure story than just a travel book. The writing is so descriptive that while reading it, I sometimes felt the need to stand up and brush off some of the road dust!

I felt this book was about one man’s need to conquer: conquer the road, conquer fear, conquer an idea. The author never actually says that, but it’s one of those “read between the lines” things. But that’s not bad. I was quite intrigued, and I applauded the author’s determination to finis
Bobby
Dec 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I enjoy travelogues and I liked this book despite certain weaknesses. It is self-published book by a guy who is not a professional writer but who has traveled several continents, climbed many mountains and has an enthusiasm for the road. He loves the adventure of new people and places, and he contrived a way to convert a conventional lifestyle into an epic journey. His authenticity and freshness counterbalance deficiencies in elegance and depth.
LL
May 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Not as good as others

It's his story so it's what he felt. Abundant opinions on most everything, Written like a magazine article, bare minimum of emotion.

Giuseppe
rated it it was ok
May 09, 2020
Lone Star Literary Life
Average rating 4.3 for the Lone Star Book Blog Tours team.
stan zedek
Dec 17, 2017
Terry Murphy
Oct 28, 2018
Ken T Kurtenbach
rated it did not like it
Nov 26, 2017
Anne
Feb 20, 2018

• Bearback: The World Overland
  • Cowboys and Indian: A Doctor's First Year In Texas
  • Bucking Bearback (Bear Ranchers, #5)
  • Lost in France
  • Pilgrim Spokes: Cycling East Across America (Cycling Reflections Book 2)
  • Random Too (Random #2)
  • Coyote Alibi (Naomi Manymules mysteries Book 1)
  • The Swiftcurrent Cafe (Bud Shumway Mystery Series Book 13)
  • The Yellow Cat Cafe
  • Naked (in Italy): A Memoir About the Pitfalls of La Dolce Vita
  • RV There Yet?
  • Falafels and Bedouins: A tour of Israel and Jordan
  • Bucket To Greece Volume 6
  • All the Gear No Idea: A Woman's Solo Motorbike Journey Around the Indian Subcontinent
  • Travelling Lite: How to do everything right and still get everything wrong
  • Three men on motorcycles: The Amigos ride to Ladakh
  • Ride of Your Life: A Coast-to-Coast Guide to Finding Inner Peace
  • Tuk-Tuk for Two: Two strangers, one unforgettable tuk-tuk race romantic comedy through India (Weird Travel Book 3)
Dirk Weisiger is a travel trekker, trick roper and storyteller. As a teenager, and through years of building a successful business, Dirk has always enjoyed speaking to groups, spinning tales, ropes and offering lessons he has learned in adventures of life and business. He has travelled to five continents and climbed Mount Kilimanjaro and is a true adventurer.

After reaching his goal as a successful

News & Interviews