Start by marking “Farryn” as Want to Read:
Farryn

Farryn

Because of her red hair, Farryn has been sheltered her whole life, but after slipping past the guards one day and playing in the woods, she ends up a captive. For eight years she’s blamed Emerson, The one who deserted her. When an opportunity to escape appears, she grabs hold, not expecting an encounter with the very one who abandoned her.

Farryn struggles to tr
Published August 10th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Farryn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Farryn

Erin Forbes
... ACTUAL RATING: 3.5 stars ...

Joy Chappell is a talented teen author, and I really enjoyed reading her debut novel. The plot is unique and very engaging! Although the story takes place in a different world, it isn't difficult to relate to the characters.

description

Also, can we take a moment to acknowledge the GORGEOUS cover?

Over the past few months, I have read a lot of books by fellow teen authors. I appreciate the courage that it takes for every writer to publish their work. It's always exciting to find a kin
Olivia J
Apr 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Farryn was actually pretty enjoyable - the prose was clean, and any errors didn’t bother me at all for some reason. The best thing about Farryn though, was it’s worldbuilding. I adored the aesthetic of the medieval, almost historical fiction-esque setting. Although Farryn herself annoyed me a bit in the beginning, seeing her arc develop was nice. Some of the dialogue and character development fell a bit flat, but at times the story pulled at my heartstrings. My favorite character by far is Carve ...more
Millie Florence
Jul 05, 2018 rated it liked it
To write a book is a very hard thing to do, and I must give Joy Chappell congratulations for completing such a task.
The concept of Farryn is very interesting as well as the emotional and physical challenges that the characters face.
The main problem is that the prose itself is a little 'lumpy' so to speak. Making pacing, time hops, and the general flow of scenes difficult to read, and draws from the enjoyment of the story itself.
In general though, the book has good potential, as
Anna McAuley
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Farryn is such a well-written and excellently-paced adventure story! My interest was held the whole way through (the first time I read it... and the second...and the third!). The characters are very real and believable, as well as being unique and well-developed (I love the development that we get to see in Carter and Farryn as the storyline progresses!).
I definitely recommend this book to anyone who enjoys an exciting and fantastic adventure story!
Bonnie Synclaire
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fantastic novel by a fantastic teen author! One of the things I loved was the first chapter; the dialogue and the detailed events made me feel like I was in that time period and in the story — which is what I want in a book. Chappell’s writing is unique and definitely delivers in her debut. I can’t wait to read her other publications!
Jade Maiden
Jul 26, 2018
Gabriella Slade
Mar 07, 2019
Joy Chappell
Oct 20, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Joy Chappell is a college student who has been writing ever since she could pen a sentence together starting with markers and tying the papers together with yarn. In second grade, before transitioning to home school, she entered a writing contest and won first prize. Visit her on Instagram @ joychappellauthor, Facebook @ joychappellauthor, and on her website @ joychappellauthor.com