Start by marking “Shattered Pieces (Heathens Ink, #4)” as Want to Read:
Shattered Pieces (Heathens Ink, #4)

Shattered Pieces

(Heathens Ink #4)

4.33  ·  Rating details ·  856 Ratings  ·  111 Reviews
“I was sure my heart had withered away years ago, but then you smiled at me, and I felt it beat again.” ~Gage
Years ago, I fell in love with my best friend’s little brother. Then, he took his own life, leaving me shattered and unable to piece my heart back together. I’ve been a zombie for nine long years. Until a crazy, gorgeous man walked into Heathens Ink and injected co
Published October 31st 2017

To ask other readers questions about Shattered Pieces, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered Pieces

Cadiva
Oct 29, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked this one the best out of all in this series as there's nothing sweeter than someone getting a second chance at love.

However, I think there was a touch too much introspection on Gage's part as he repeatedly weighed up whether he could love Beck because of Johnny.

I mean I totally get that you don't ever get over the death of a loved one and the particular circumstances here were heart breaking tragic, but still it was heading slightly into masochistic tendencies the amount of times he ment
BWT (Belen)
Jan 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, mm-fiction
3.5 Stars

K.M. Neuhold does such a great job with Hurt / Comfort stories. There's angst but it's not a lot and it's not overwhelming...it just ribbons through to really make the story pop.

I was really interested in reading Gage's story because of the glimpses from Adam's story and wanted to see how Neuhold would put the pieces together because Gage is such a broken guy, and I wasn't disappointed. I loved the fact that Beck found himself and also helped Gage find himself again.

Shattered Pieces has
Natalie
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I had only read the first book of this series, which was good, but this book was even better! It’s a very touching hurt/comfort story, told in 1st person with alternating POV’s. 1st person can often put me off of a story but it was a smooth narrative and kept me engaged with the characters. Gage is still mourning 10 years after losing his young boyfriend and carries a lot of guilt. I often have trouble with that concept, a young man closing himself off for long periods of time, but the context h ...more
AussieMum
*ARC reviewer grimaces*

Um...Ok. After four days of not wanting to write this review I'm just gonna rip the band-aid right off. I just could not get into this one. And it wasn't the story, it was the writing style.

I thought there was way too many cliches and flowery paragraphs that had me rolling my eyes. I also thought the first-person POV was a little clunky and there was a lot of awkward transitions and confused tenses. Honestly, this book felt a little rushed.

One thing I will say
namericanwordcat
Beck and is light is worth reading this romance for. He is funny and charming and his grief is explored in interesting ways.

I can't say I like Gage as much. I think the problem is in the writing and also in needing to develop him beyond this one event. I am not sure I ever buy that the cause of all his behavior is Jonny's death.

So, I like where where this books gets but a bit too much walking over the say road for me.
Annika
Nov 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Finally! I kind of want to chant hallelujah here, so indulge me. Not only do we get Gage's story, but my hallelujah moment was when I realised that this book don't rehash all the previous ones. There's only a very short overlap and one which doesn't make the story to feel repetitive.

So I got that out of my system, this has really bugged me while reading the past couple of books. I mean some overlap is ok, but repeating most of the storyline in book after book, that's not for me.

The t
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie

4 Stars

It’s been almost 10 years, but Gage still hasn’t gotten past the loss of his boyfriend and love of his life, Johnny. When Beck meets Gage, he finds in him kindred spirit, someone who understands loss. It’s been a year since Beck lost his sister, but it still hurts each and every day. Can these two men help put the shattered pieces of their hearts back together and maybe find love along the way?

Stories like this scare me. When a loved one dies you tend to forget all the bad things about t
Happily Ever Chapter
✩ ✩ ✩ ✩ FOUR & 1/2 - STAR ✩ REVIEW ✩ ✩ ✩ ✩

> > Judging a Book by it's Cover < <
Decent pieced-together DIY cover. Strong title, week author font. I've read the other books in the series, so I did not worry about the synopsis here, I knew it was Gage's story and that was enough.

> > Looking Deeper < <
POV ~> Alternating first-person, clearly defined and easy to follow.

Nearly a decade had passed since Gage's younger boyfriend took his own life. Nearly a decade of gu
Dara Nelson
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book checked off every ‘Here’s how to write a perfect story’ box.
It was smokin hot: His tongue drags against mine in a slow dance with no particular destination on the horizon
Funny as heck: “why do you have a canvas bag with a sparkly dick on it?”
“I went through a bedazzling phase,” I explain with a shrug
“I’m sorry but that’s a major deal breaker for me. I don’t think we can be friends anymore, let alone fool around. “
“Shut your mouth or I’m going to dig out my bedazzler and bedazzle ever
Nora Phoenix
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romances
This was not an easy, happy read, but it was a deeply satisfying one. If you've read the other books in this series, you know Gage's background, and you know he's still grieving deeply over his first love who died. That sadness doesn't disappear magically when he meets Beck, and it takes time for Beck's infectious happiness and 'life' to make gage realize it's okay to move on. I found this book moving without resorting to easy answers and fixes, or without becoming too sad. And Beck was a wonder ...more
*~*~*Hyperion*~*~*
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Still thinking about the rating but for now I’ll say it’s a 3.5 star rating :-)!! I enjoyed this but there were a few elements missing that kept me from liking it enough to rate it higher. I am intrigued to know what’s next in the series though :-)!
Amanda
Nov 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Low angst story about healing and acceptance. Can’t wait for Cory and Max.
Jennie
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh Gage, he truly broke my heart. He's so sad & broken. I really felt his pain & his guilt. I fell right into their world.
I loved Beck right from the start. He's so bright & light but also dealing with pain. They were so perfect together if only Gage could let go & try...
I put in so many highlights whilst reading this book. It had all the feels.
I loved seeing the rest of the guys too. There is always such a great family feel between the whole Heathens crew. I loved Dani's idea of
Stacy
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audio-owned
Sweet book about a Second Chance at Love.
Gage lost his first love when he was 20, and 10yrs later, He's still not sure he could even try to find love again until Beck walks into his life. Beck loves Makeup, Lace and Heels. He meets Gage and instantly wants to bring him back to life, the life he should have. They are pretty perfect for each other but it takes a lot to get them where they need to be emotionally for the relationship to work.
Audio - Kenneth does a good job, I really enjoyed his voi
Jenn's Book Obsession
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a new-to-me author and the first book in this series that I’ve read. It can be read as a standalone although now I’m intrigued by the other couples and need to back track. I really enjoyed this story and these characters. Gage and Beck couldn’t be more perfect for each other. I like how the author paced their friendship/relationship. I think it was exactly what Gage needed.

Although I did enjoy the story, I’m not sure how I felt about the whole grieving for ten years. I mean I know every
Kathryn  CLiK Book Blog
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shattered Pieces - Heathens Ink Book K M Neuhold

A stunning piece of writing, touching every sensitive emotion in me.

The Heathens Ink Series continues with this story exploring the new found relationship between Gage and Becket.

Gage lost the love of his life, Johnny, when they were only just young men but he’s older now and has suffered with his guilt and loss for almost ten years with no reprise from his turmoil in sight.

Becket loves to dress up and that doesn’t include his designer suit whic
Caroline Brand
REVIEWED FOR LOVE BYTES

4.5 Stars

I have been quietly waiting for Gage to get his own book and for a chance to hear his story and after reading Shattered Pieces I was not left disappointed. This is a real hurt/comfort story but there is a whole lot more hurt initially as you learn just how raw Gage is and how much guilt he places on himself for past events. If anyone has even an inkling of what Gage’s grief feels like it is Beck, who lives with his own sadness, but who is determined to carry on li
Jenn
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I have to admit, I am new to this series but after reading this book I definitely want to check out the rest of the books as well! Gage and Beck are two men who have experienced loss and know grief. When they meet, Gage is a shell of the person he used to be, just going through the motions and Beck well he’s struggling with who he is and who he wants to be. This is definitely an emotional story that’s not always easy on the heart but it was a touching and healing journey for both of these men.

Ga
Vicki Easom Johnson
Jul 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh the feels

How do I write my feelings and emotions? I wasn't thinking of how much Gage had lost, only what he was finding. Then...my heart exploded, the tears came and then I sobbed.

Gage held on to the memories of Johnny for so long. Can Beck fix him? He feels like he's broken.

This book is my favorite in the series. I love them all, but this one has captured me. Great job K.M.!
Angie
Dec 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read a copy via Kindle Unlimited

I have read every book in the series and I think this is my favorite so far. Beck and Gage are both broken they have each lost someone very dear to them. I was afraid I would be sad and depressed the entire book and I wasn't. The author dealt with the character's loss so eloquently. I felt Beck and Gage's loss but I also felt their hope, fear and love. I also love how Johnny came in the dreams, I hope that happens in real life. I think that brings such peace to
Deanna
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of this series so I was equal parts super excited and hesitant about this book. Don't get me wrong, I fell in love with Gage in the first book but I was so afraid this book was going to break me. It totally did, but my god was it worth it. Kyleen was able to shatter my heart and knit it back together. I did cry reading it, but she didn't leave me a sobbing mess.

Gage runs Heathen's Ink with his best friend Adam. Gage is in love with Adam's brother Johnny, who they lost to suicide
Karen Wilson
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gage is my one in this series. I loved his character with every appearance in the Hunter’s Ink series. All the characters move through all the books effortlessly. Gage is a broken, lonely, tender man. He lost the love of his life at such a young age in such a tragic way that while he survived it physically he did not survive it in any other way. His life simply stopped when Johnny died. His friends have stayed by his side and loved him as much as he would allow. But, he held so much of himself b ...more
Chris Kottner-Kirschner
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Vor fast zehn Jahren hat sich Gages große Liebe das Leben genommen und ihn voller Trauer und Schuldgefühle zurückgelassen. Gage kann sich selbst nicht verzeihen und oft hat es den Anschein, dass er einfach nur existiert, aber keine Freude oder Glück empfinden kann. Als dann auch noch sein bester Freund die Liebe seines Lebens findet, zieht Gage sich weiter zurück und auch aus dem gemeinsamen Haushalt aus.

Genau zu dieser Zeit schlägt Beck bei Gage auf und lässt sich im Andenken an seine Schwester
Heather Martin
Oct 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.*

Shattered Pieces is book 4 in K.M. Neuhold's Heathens Ink series. This book probably could be read as a standalone, but the whole series ties together and characters are reoccurring throughout the series so I think more enjoyment will be found in reading the whole series in the appropriate order. Gage is a character we met in the first book, and his story is very tied into
Romatic Confessions
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
We have been anxious waiting for book #4 in the Heathens Ink Series, and Shattered Pieces does not rest of the fantastic-ness of the previous books. It delivers another stunning story of mending broken souls. Shattered Pieces is not a light fluffy story, if you know anything of Gage’s story he is a shattered shell of a man, grieving 10 years after the loss of a loved one, there are times that we grieved, raged and hurt with Gage. It is not easy, but so rewarding.

What did we love? (so so so many
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy and voluntarily left a review

Having read ALL of KM Neuhold's books, I knew what to expect and I was so looking forward to Gage's happily ever after having gotten to know him throughout the Heathen's Ink series. What I didn't expect was for him to fall hopelessly in love with such a flamboyant character compared to his introspective self. Gage and Beck soon had me entranced into their world and wanting to be a part of every moment of their romance!

Gage Vaus is a solemn man who
Kirk
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-romance, lgbtq
I've loved every book in this series and was really looking forward to Beck and Gage's story. I knew Gage would need someone very special to make him see that there is life after Johnny, and Beck fit that role perfectly. He's confident, sassy and full of heart which was exactly what Gage needed. This wasn't an easy journey for Gage though, how could he enjoy himself and fall a little deeper for Beck when Johnny is everywhere he looks and the memories just swamp him? With time, patience and a hel ...more
Rachel
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kat
Sep 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh I am so thankful for this story

I had been fearful that Gage would never “engage” with another man after Johnny took his life. When Beck flounced into the picture I was hopeful but still tried to reserve my heart just like Beck. It was a bit torturous at points to watch Gage war within himself. His love for Johnny had been pure and sweet but it was never meant to last. Johnny was just too damaged. As I watched Beck try to smooth out some of the “shards” in Gage’s shattered heart I worried that
Jacey Jeffrey
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved loved this latest installment in the Heathens Ink series!!!! This is the story of Gage and Beck. Gage hasn't had the easiest life. He fell in love with his best friend's brother and he ends up losing the love of his life in his early 20's. He is so broken and is barely existing in life when he meets Beck by chance. Beck came into the shop where Gage works to get a tattoo in memory of his sister. Beck is instantly intrigued by Gage but Gage is hesitant. Beck decides that Gage n ...more
K.M.Neuhold has long since been a romance junkie. When she’s not writing she’s reading or spending time snuggling with her husky or her husband. She fell in love with M/M romance last year and hasn’t been able to turn back. There’s nothing she loves more than love in all its forms.

Heathens Ink (7 books)
  • Rescue Me (Heathens Ink #1)
  • Going Commando (Heathens Ink, #2)
  • From Ashes (Heathens Ink #3)
  • Unraveled (Heathens Ink #5)
  • Inked in Vegas (Heathens Ink #6)
  • Flash Me (Heathens Ink #7)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99