Start by marking “London Hat Hunting Mission” as Want to Read:
London Hat Hunting Mission

London Hat Hunting Mission

Four little Londoners, Hope, Jun, Lea and Parth, come from a different cultural background, are good friends living in London. They are travelling to the iconic places around the city in search of magic hats to cure Mr Globe’s headache. The book is illustrated with a mix of real life photographs of iconic places in London and digital illustration so children can have a viv ...more
Published November 18th 2017 by One Dear World

To ask other readers questions about London Hat Hunting Mission, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about London Hat Hunting Mission

Dash fan
5☆ A Beautiful Children's Book with an important role!

London Hat Hunting Mission is a gorgeous children's book that is so important, helping parent's and children discuss race, religion, inclusion and working together as one.

This gorgeous book follows children from different cultures working together to help mend the sun by buying several hats to make the sun better.

The children visit different landmarks, learning new languages, and gorgeous facts and information.

This book is absolutely beautif
Whispering Stories
May 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book Reviewed by Stacey on www.whisperingstories.com

London Hat Hunting Mission is a superb young children’s book that follows four friends, Hope, Lea, Parth, and Jun, as they travel around London looking for magical hats. The reason they are looking for them is that their friend Globe (an actual talking, walking globe) has a very bad headache. To cure his sore head they must find magical hats that are placed throughout London.

The four friends visit lots of landmarks and famous streets on their m
Jessica
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All my reviews can be found at: http://jessicasreadingroom.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
London Hat Hunting Mission is a fun and charming learning experience for children and adults! Being an American I don’t know anything about London and I had no idea of the extreme diversity that is in the city! This book was an enjoyable learning experience for me!

Our main characters are dolls of different ethnic backgrounds. They are Hope, Jun, Lea, and Parth and they end up going on a journey to help their fri
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
I have read this a few times to my friends four year old daughter Ava. I also found my teenage son reading it to Ava who after reading it a few times was able to chat and describe the photos wonderfully to my son.

Each page had me reading and then us pausing to chat about what Ava could see in the pictures. Each page had numerous topics to discuss.

The storyline to this book is very good. I found that Ava wanted to chat about the story even when we weren’t reading it.

A wonderful book that can b
Bethany M. Edwards
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: picture-books
One Dear World started with a beautiful set of multicultural dolls designed for girls AND boys to enjoy. They have been featured in Huffington Post, Juno Magazine, as well as The Toy Insider. Now author Winnie Mak Tselikas has expertly designed a book where her dolls are the main characters. Her four characters: Jun from Hong Kong, China, Hope from Accra, Ghana, Lea from Oslo, Norway, and Parth, from Mumbai, India. They encourage learning about geography as well as different cultures through tra ...more
Clair
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
London Hat Hunting Mission is centred around four young children as they explore the capital city searching out hats for Mr. Globe who has fallen ill. Hope, Jun, Lea and Parth come from different cultural backgrounds and are good friends so they work together in order to help Mr. Globe.

The London Hat Hunting Mission is a wonderfully colourful book for younger children using both real photos of various London places and digital illustrations of the children. I read this with my five-year-old daug
Louise
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a unique way to teach your children about other cultures and get them acquainted with some famous London landmarks at the same time.

The book uses the characters of four dolls called Hope, Jun, Parth, and Lea. The dolls have different coloured skin and hair and they each have something they are particularly interested in. I loved this very subtle way to show children that we are all different and have diverse interests. It not only educates children about different cultures but gives the mes
Bookread2day
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Highly recommend. An excellent illustrated children's book.
Christina Reid
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
I hadn't come across the dolls used in this book before, but will be looking out for them and looking forward to more books like this. I love how this book introduces children to famous places around London, while acknowledging and celebrating all of the different cultures and languages you can find in this vibrant city. Excellent, inclusive and multilingual book!
See the full review (with pictures!) here: https://chrikarublog.wordpress.com/20...
Linda Hill
Jun 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Four culturally diverse children set out on an adventure in London to try to cure Mr Globe’s terrible headache.

What a charming and delightful book London Hat Hunting Mission is. Firstly, I must comment on the quality of the production. There’s a smashing mix of images of the four children alongside photographs of London so that children can really get to see the places in the story. It would appeal to children living in the capital, but also enable others to travel there vicariously too so that
Stepj Gear
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
On receiving this book, my boys were very excited to get stuck in. They took the book and read it amongst themselves (My 7 year old reading to my 3 year old) long before I had a chance to look through the pages. I heard my eldest son explaining the areas of London that were pictured on the pages and heard my youngest repeating the many different words for hats that were spoken by his brother. They pawed over the pages and enjoyed the rich imagery.

This was a fantastic family book; full of colours
Nicola Smith
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read The London Hat Hunting Mission with my four year old son. He had already read a book previously in which some London landmarks were featured and so I thought this was an ideal follow-up to that. He did recognise some of the landmarks, such as the Tower of London, the London Eye and Big Ben.

It's quite an unusual book in that the characters are dolls. The very first page talks about diversity in London and each of the five characters are introduced. There are four of the dolls, all of diffe
Emma Smith
May 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Hope, Jun, Parth and Lea come from a variety of backgrounds and live in the same town. Mr Globe has a headache, so the four friends set off on a mission across London to find the right hat to make him feel better.

They explore major landmarks and areas of London meeting a wide range of people along the way. They collect lots of different types of hat to help Mr Globe feel better.

This story helps to gently introduce young ones to our multicultural society. The friends are dolls which make them in
Anne
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This is a children's book that celebrates the diversity of London. The doll characters visit the different areas such as Edgware Road and China Town and learn about London. A fantastic idea and hopefully an idea that could be developed for other areas or cities.
Dawn
May 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I chose to read this book after receiving a free e-copy. All opinions in this review are my own and completely unbiased.

What a great children's book! When Hope, Jun, Lea and Parth go on an adventure to find magic hats for Mr. Globe's headache, they go to many historic places in London. At each stop there's a picture of the place they're at and the name of the place is in bold letters. And every time they find a hat, there's a picture of the hat on one of their heads and the name of the hat is in
Laura Reading
Apr 28, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a fun book and Mr. Globe is adorable. I enjoyed the kids working together and that each has different interests and skills. I wish their skills and talents would have been used more prominently in each task. The names of and descriptions of each hat are a good jumping off point for discussion and more research.
The book colors really POP. I can see this being even more fun if read and acted out with the dolls.
Jasmine
Apr 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Review coming soon!
Kirsty
Jul 29, 2018 rated it liked it
This is a story book about 4 friends who go on a journey around some of London’s famous places and landmarks to find hats to help their friend Mr Globe.
I have two children, a 2 year old daughter and a 6 year old son, we had a lovely time sharing this book together. I loved the way the 4 characters are introduced and given little personalities, my daughter enjoyed the fact the characters were dolls and my son liked the fact that the illustrations were photos – it made it more real for him.
My son
Simon Leonard
Jun 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a great little book aimed at teaching children about diversity and different cultures by having four dolls going round different parts of London and talking about what they can see.

I read this with this book with my daughter and she loved all of the photos, especially the ones around the Houses of Parliament and the London Eye as it is next to the Hospital we go to when she has check ups with her heart so she knew them from there.

The premise of the book is that the four dolls have to fin
Sc
Nov 07, 2017
Pratiik
Dec 11, 2017
Mon Chung
Dec 01, 2017
T J
rated it did not like it
Dec 15, 2017
Andra
V
Amy
Dec 05, 2017

• The Secret Astoria Scavenger Hunt (Morgan Carey, #3)
  • Reveries of the Dreamking
  • Winter at the Cosy Cottage Cafe (The Cosy Cottage Cafe, #3)
  • Daisy and the Pirates (Daisy Tannenbaum #1)
  • Snowed in at The Little Duck Pond Cafe (The Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 4)
  • Orang-Orang Tanah
  • Before She Falls (Detective Anna Gwynne, #3)
  • A Winter Beneath the Stars
  • The Songbird Girls (Detective Tom Fabian #2)
  • Caitlin Star and the Hand of God
  • The Second Cup (The Butterfly Effect, #1)
  • Claus and Claws: A Christmas Tale
  • One Fate Befalls
  • Dan Knew
  • Fish Bowl (Fish Bowl #1)
  • My Friend Twigs
  • Mr. Biddle and the Squirrel's Tale
  • The Shop Girls of Lark Lane (Lark Lane, #2)
Winnie Mak Tselikas is a believer in diversity. Born and raised in Hong Kong, she studied engineering, worked in commercial sales and in 2011 switched to education upon moving to London. There, she met her half-French, half-Greek husband and they had a son, who now has family in China, France, Greece, HK, the UK and the US. Winnie considers her son to be a world citizen rather than of a particular ...more