Start by marking “In Your Arms” as Want to Read:
In Your Arms

In Your Arms

(The Malone Brothers)

Hope

Ever feel like you've lost your way and everything is falling apart?

As my husband prepares to leave for a business trip a single, secretive text comes across his phone. I didn't plan to take a trip down memory lane on the eve of our anniversary. But taking this trip down memory lane leaves me in tears, sharing a story of deceit, lies, ...and misunderstandings. The man
ebook
Published February 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about In Your Arms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Your Arms

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

description
I initially chose this book because I quite like books where the couple is already married. Mainly because 95% of the time it means there won't be any OW scenes or OW drama. Just couple angst. Leave it me to get a book that fell into that 5%...sigh. There was WAY too much OW stuff for me in this one. I get the author wanted to give us some background into what happened with them before they married, but I so didn't need to hear details about Carter's multiple OW. Almost every past chapter had so
Mandie
Feb 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a beautiful, emotional read. I couldn’t put it down!

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own
Treasa
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIC!
A breathtaking emotionally rollercoaster ride! A heartrendering storyline that kept me on edge to the very end. Engrossing twists and nail-biting suspense with passionate chemistry. An amazing must read!
ashley Miller
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
hope and Carter met back in school before he left for college and their relationship ended and both were heart broken. The story jumps back and forth between the future to the past. flash forward to 13 years later and hope feels like somethings gone wrong in her marriage and she immediately sees a name pop up on her husbands phone from his past and immediately thinks the worse but it may not even be what she thinks and may just be a huge miss understanding. its her anniversary and her husband Ca ...more
Jillian Kerr
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
In Your Arms is a quick, sweet read with a great storyline and well developed characters. I was immediately drawn to this book from the blurb. Carter and Hope's story goes back and forth between past amd present. Their story is one big emotional rollercoaster ride! While I was very happy with the detection and outcome of their story I wish there was more of their past after things started moving in the right direction for them. I would have loved to of known more about how they built their relat ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an intriguing romance between Carter and Hope. They grew up together but because he was not in the same social class as her parents they looked down on Carter. Hope always was fond of him but when her father pushed Trent into her life it caused problems between her and Carter. When all the drama unfolds, Hope will have a new outlook on her father and Carter will once again be the number one person of her life. But there are others working in the background to place a wedge between them. ...more
Jennifer  Kress
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This one sucked me in quickly. All the way to the end. We first meet Hope and Carter in book #1 A Kiss Beneath The Stars. (Hunter's book) . After reading that I knew I wanted.to know about them. I was NOT disappointed lol. while I can't say much without giving up the story, I can say that I loved how this was written. It tells the story of how they came to be a couple. From beginning to where they are now. And all of the inbetweens.lol. I always love the inbetweens. The how's when's and wha ...more
Petra Gašparič
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hope and Carter had quite a journey behind them. I loved both stories. The story evolving thirteen years ago and the story in the present time. Both were very intense and heartfelt. And the truth that is behind the stories eventually comes out.
This book is very beautifully written and it sucks you in. You want to know the story behind their thoughts, insecurities in their intense love. I recommend it highly and can't wait to read the next one.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout a
Brenda Moser
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written book with strong characters in Carter and Hope. The author does a great job building the story ,past and present and pulls you in , taking you on an emotional roller coaster ride. The chemistry and love is still strong but misunderstandings get in their way. It's a beautifully written love story , moves quickly and fluidly and I loved reading. I highly recommend this book.

Karina Giblin
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
* I received an ARC but am leaving a voluntary and honest review *

Firstly, I want to take a moment to appreciate the cover, it is so so pretty 😍

Having never read S.L. Sterling's work before I had no idea what to expect. But, I was so impressed.

I absolutely loved this story, it was sweet, romantic, dramatic and steamy. It seems I have a few books to catch up on because I am already in love with the Malone brothers.

An easy and quick read that left me wanting to know more about their family.

Becca
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. It was a trifecta of misunderstandings that created the right amount of drama and angst for a quick resolution and story of overwhelming love between Hope and Carter. I liked how the story jumped between past and present because it kept the story moving while giving back story. It was a quick and enjoyable read. I look forward to reading A Kiss Beneath the Stars because I wanted to know more about Hunter and Autumn and it is nice that being a standalone I can read them out ...more
Cassie Ashford
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marriage is hard. As time progresses there are times as a couple that you forget to communicate being it either emotionally or physically.

Hope and Carter haven’t been communicating these past couple of months outside of arguing. Due to that fact things get misconstrued and leave Hope wondering if she has lost her husband to an ex.

This book is a journey of love and forgiveness. I very much enjoyed my first book from this author and look to reading many more from her in the future.
Sheila Moss
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book. It has everything you could want in a romance. I took to Carter and Hope immediately although there were times were I wanted to smack them both around their heads. I really enjoyed reading their struggle to overcome all the obstacles put it their way by others trying to stop them having a happy ending. Well worth reading.

Nicole Westmoreland
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ooohhhh…what a great story!

This story of Hope and Carter is one of many misunderstandings, miscommunications, and deceit.
Carter is keeping information from Hope, and Hope knows something is going on and fears it is an affair…

This was an emotional, heart-wrenching, and frustrating story…which I really enjoyed. The author, S.L. Sterling does a wonderful job with the storyline and the flashbacks to give a history of all the relationships. Plus, I loved the resolution in the ending!
Leisa Cook
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Married for 10 years, career, kids, feel like you and spouse are drifting apart....this is Carter and Hope and this could be any number of people in real life. The story hooks me from the beginning. Carter and Hope’s story of how they met and fall in love is told in a series of flashbacks and I loved getting to know them in this way. I’m loving the Malone brothers and can’t wait to read more!
Angelica Larsson
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is yet another superb book from. S.L Sterling. The book is wellwritten, fastpaced and a real pageturner. The storyline is intriguing and the characters wonderful. Can not wait to see what the next book will be about.

poppy
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book it is a really good romance that pulled me in quickly I think it was a good realistic look at marriage and what can happen when you dont talk to one another. This was a good book with a great plot and really good characters I really enjoyed it.
Kimberly
Feb 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
The book is a good romance read. The story has a good story line. The characters are good, and they have good chemistry. The story is an emotional read.

Lauren Hutchinson
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A very well written and enjoyable quick story.
I loved how this book showed the past and the obstacles the characters had to overcome to be together. And also how relatable it was. I think it was well written and had a good storyline.
I read this in one go start to finish and really enjoyed it.
Donna
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my first book by S. L. Sterling and it was AH-MAZING!! I don’t even know how to give it all the credit it deserves. It was so good that as soon as I finished In Your Arms, I purchased the first book in the series - A Kiss Beneath The Stars! They can be read as stand alone.
I freaking loved Carter and Hope. This book was a roller coaster ride of emotions. I can not tell you how many times S. L. Sterling broke my heart and stomped on it. Thankfully she put it back together. My blood pressu
Jamie
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book takes you on an emotional roller coaster. You feel like you are living the turmoil between Hope and Cater. The writing really allows you to connect to the characters, which really makes it hard to put down.
Louise Scholl
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Really good book. Great characters. Good storyline.
C Mac
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I bloody loved this book! I was engrossed from the start until end. So sad it's over
CS
Feb 02, 2019 rated it liked it
3 1/2 Stars

I had such high hopes going in to this story because I just love marriage romances! That being said, I hated the way Carter kept allowing Felice to manipulate his relationship with Hope. I didn’t enjoy the past scenes as I felt it took way to long before all the misunderstandings were cleared. In the meanwhile, Carter turns to Felice again and again and has very intimate scenes with her that bothered me. He was so close to having sex with her (a couple times!) even though he wanted Ho
A.BookNerd.Bookseller&Bibliophile.Blog
I really, really wanted this to be a great story, one that would stay with me. I love stories that incorporate couples/marriage that has obstacles that represent real life.

From the blurb, I felt that this was going to be one of those books. Sadly, for me, it was not. I felt the prologue was setting the stage because it was following the blurb; however, as the book went on, it’ just lost me. The couple the story is about, Hope and Carter, just didn’t seem as if their connection was developed eno
Dana
Feb 14, 2019 rated it liked it

Samantha
Feb 14, 2019
Haizel Arcillas
Jan 09, 2019
Lucinda
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a beautiful book with amazing characters. The author draws out emotions from the reader with a power very few possess. It was really well written and truly enjoyable. I would recommend this to all!

Ashley
Rebecca
Jun 03, 2018
Alison
Jul 06, 2018
S.L. Sterling was born and raised in southern Ontario. She now lives in Northern Ontario Canada and is married to her best friend and soul mate and their two dogs.

An avid reader all her life, S.L. Sterling dreamt of becoming an author. She decided to give writing a try after one of her favorite authors launched a course on how to write your novel. This course gave her the push she needed to put p

The Malone Brothers (4 books)
  • A Kiss Beneath the Stars
  • His to Hold
  • Finding Solace in You (Subject to Change)