Start by marking “In Your Arms” as Want to Read:
In Your Arms

In Your Arms

(The Malone Brothers)

Hope

Ever feel like you've lost your way and everything is falling apart?

As my husband prepares to leave for a business trip a single, secretive text comes across his phone. I didn't plan to take a trip down memory lane on the eve of our anniversary. But taking this trip down memory lane leaves me in tears, sharing a story of deceit, lies, ...and misunderstandings. The man
ebook
Published February 22nd 2019

To ask other readers questions about In Your Arms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Your Arms

Start your review of In Your Arms
Eve (Between The Bookends)
description

description
I initially chose this book because I quite like books where the couple is already married. Mainly because 95% of the time it means there won't be any OW scenes or OW drama. Just couple angst. Leave it me to get a book that fell into that 5%...sigh. There was WAY too much OW stuff for me in this one. I get the author wanted to give us some background into what happened with them before they married, but I so didn't need to hear details about Carter's multiple OW. Almost every past chapter had s
Mojo_Mama
Wow. Once again I’ve read a completely different book than the one star reviews. There’s NO CHEATING in thought or deed by the H. Marital or otherwise...ESPECIALLY none after they are married.

Sixteen years before present, H/h are sweethearts, her father lies to her and she thinks the H dumped her. The H thinks she’s dumped him and for 3 years she dates another guy who manipulates her into it and she doesn’t put out, but remains a virgin. I hate this trope...The Great Misunderstanding...where ONE
Paula
This is a zero star review but because I wanted it counted, 1 is all this author will get from me!

Warning: The blurb is misleading! This is NOT about a married couple working out their issues or a husband fighting for his wife & marriage! It is about a Manho & cheater of a husband told in mostly the past of all his previous conquests & some in the present whom he "almost" cheats on said wife with OW. I say "almost" because according to reviews, he doesn't actually do the deed but does come close
Valeen Robertson (Live Thru Books Blog)

Carter and Hope's marriage is in trouble. She wonders if he's cheating on her because he's been distant lately. And then there are the disturbing, damning texts from his ex that she sees on his phone. Can their marriage be saved or has Carter just put the final nail in the coffin that is their marriage when he bails on their anniversary weekend to go to see his "client"?

I want to clarify first that the three stars is not because this is a horrible story, it's just not my style. I disliked the fa
✴ Cindy ✴
This is not a true love story and I don't want to read about a man whore making a marriage work with his doormat wife. Not my cuppa.
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
First I am going to say that I RARELY and I mean RARELY give a book no rating. I hate rating books because if you don't like it doesn't mean someone else wouldn't like it but this book was over the top and I hated how the main character Carter treated his wife and the things he said and did in the beginning of their relationship.

This book has a BIG TRIGGER for me and that is a serial manwhore who is married. I mean give me a break. If you don't want to be with your wife then you effing divorce h
Julie Reveles (Juls ~ ILST BLOG)
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc

It’s nice to read about a couple that’s over the age of 30! Lol. These days it seems that most of my books are about younger couples, so it was nice to read something different. It was also nice to read about a married couple that has struggled in their marriage just like everyone else. It helps to know things aren’t always hearts and flowers, even when it comes to the book world. It was cute to see their relationship while growing up and then seeing their marriage now. I could feel how much the
Treasa
Feb 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
FANTASTIC!
A breathtaking emotionally rollercoaster ride! A heartrendering storyline that kept me on edge to the very end. Engrossing twists and nail-biting suspense with passionate chemistry. An amazing must read!
*~Alicia~*
Mar 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I thought this was a very good read. It kept my interest throughout the story, also loved the romance in the book.

A.L. Miller
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
hope and Carter met back in school before he left for college and their relationship ended and both were heart broken. The story jumps back and forth between the future to the past. flash forward to 13 years later and hope feels like somethings gone wrong in her marriage and she immediately sees a name pop up on her husbands phone from his past and immediately thinks the worse but it may not even be what she thinks and may just be a huge miss understanding. its her anniversary and her husband Ca ...more
Brandy Roberts
Mar 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really loved In your Arms once it hit my kindle I devoured it this story just drew me in to were there was no putting my kindle down . Enjoyed the fact that we get past and present chapters of the couple and seeing how they found one another after being torn apart then seeing what happens after they find a happy ending . This would be the second book that I've read by the author and I'm excited to see what's to come of this series and the other oh and I need to read book one the couple is ment ...more
Ashleigh
May 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me start by saying that I am such a voracious reader that I doubt 60 full seconds go by between the end of one book and the start of my next.
With that said, after reading this book, I sat with my emotions, raw and open, for an hour just processing and reliving the words of their story.

I am not sure that I even know where to begin writing a review for this because it is truly an awesome experience.
The author did such a great job developing the characters, that I feel like I really know them,
Jillian Kerr
Feb 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
In Your Arms is a quick, sweet read with a great storyline and well developed characters. I was immediately drawn to this book from the blurb. Carter and Hope's story goes back and forth between past amd present. Their story is one big emotional rollercoaster ride! While I was very happy with the detection and outcome of their story I wish there was more of their past after things started moving in the right direction for them. I would have loved to of known more about how they built their relat ...more
Merry Jelks-Emmanuel
Feb 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is an intriguing romance between Carter and Hope. They grew up together but because he was not in the same social class as her parents they looked down on Carter. Hope always was fond of him but when her father pushed Trent into her life it caused problems between her and Carter. When all the drama unfolds, Hope will have a new outlook on her father and Carter will once again be the number one person of her life. But there are others working in the background to place a wedge between them. ...more
AnneKR
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hope & Carter have been married for years. With Carter’s busy career, Hope feels the spark between them has fizzled. While Carter is getting ready to leave on a business trip, she sees an incoming text from Carter’s phone, it’s the last person she would ever expect Carter to be talking to. This person nearly destroyed them, so why is he getting texts from her? Hope feels that he is slipping away & those feelings bring up memories of the past.

An emotional read full of misunderstandings & miscommu
Feb 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This one sucked me in quickly. All the way to the end. We first meet Hope and Carter in book #1 A Kiss Beneath The Stars. (Hunter's book) . After reading that I knew I wanted.to know about them. I was NOT disappointed lol. while I can't say much without giving up the story, I can say that I loved how this was written. It tells the story of how they came to be a couple. From beginning to where they are now. And all of the inbetweens.lol. I always love the inbetweens. The how's when's and wha ...more
Petra Kralj
Feb 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hope and Carter had quite a journey behind them. I loved both stories. The story evolving thirteen years ago and the story in the present time. Both were very intense and heartfelt. And the truth that is behind the stories eventually comes out.
This book is very beautifully written and it sucks you in. You want to know the story behind their thoughts, insecurities in their intense love. I recommend it highly and can't wait to read the next one.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout a
Becca
Feb 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this story. It was a trifecta of misunderstandings that created the right amount of drama and angst for a quick resolution and story of overwhelming love between Hope and Carter. I liked how the story jumped between past and present because it kept the story moving while giving back story. It was a quick and enjoyable read. I look forward to reading A Kiss Beneath the Stars because I wanted to know more about Hunter and Autumn and it is nice that being a standalone I can read them out ...more
Rina's Reads
Feb 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
* I received an ARC but am leaving a voluntary and honest review *

Firstly, I want to take a moment to appreciate the cover, it is so so pretty 😍

Having never read S.L. Sterling's work before I had no idea what to expect. But, I was so impressed.

I absolutely loved this story, it was sweet, romantic, dramatic and steamy. It seems I have a few books to catch up on because I am already in love with the Malone brothers.

An easy and quick read that left me wanting to know more about their family.

Brenda Moser
Feb 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a well written book with strong characters in Carter and Hope. The author does a great job building the story ,past and present and pulls you in , taking you on an emotional roller coaster ride. The chemistry and love is still strong but misunderstandings get in their way. It's a beautifully written love story , moves quickly and fluidly and I loved reading. I highly recommend this book.

KL Cassanello
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a love story this is! Hope tells Autumn about her history with Carter, while he remembers the same history. They went through so much to finally be together. I spent most of the book hating her father for how he acted and what he did to her. And what a snake Felice is - she just wouldn't leave Carter alone, all the way to the end. Never fear - there's a terrific happy ending. This is my first book by this author, and it won't be the last.

I received a free copy of this book via Booksprout an
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
4.5 Stars

Carter and Hope could be a couple that lives in your neighborhood. They are a happy family of 4 but finding out how they got where they are today, through flashbacks, will take you on a rollercoaster ride. They are also a couple that is like many today in that, after years together, insecurities, life and work can cause a distance that no couple wants. I loved seeing the history of this loving couple and finding out how they would be able to keep their happily ever after on the present.
Cassie Ashford
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Marriage is hard. As time progresses there are times as a couple that you forget to communicate being it either emotionally or physically.

Hope and Carter haven’t been communicating these past couple of months outside of arguing. Due to that fact things get misconstrued and leave Hope wondering if she has lost her husband to an ex.

This book is a journey of love and forgiveness. I very much enjoyed my first book from this author and look to reading many more from her in the future.
Nicole ReadingBetweenTheSheets
Feb 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ooohhhh…what a great story!

This story of Hope and Carter is one of many misunderstandings, miscommunications, and deceit.
Carter is keeping information from Hope, and Hope knows something is going on and fears it is an affair…

This was an emotional, heart-wrenching, and frustrating story…which I really enjoyed. The author, S.L. Sterling does a wonderful job with the storyline and the flashbacks to give a history of all the relationships. Plus, I loved the resolution in the ending!
Sheila Moss
Feb 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the book. It has everything you could want in a romance. I took to Carter and Hope immediately although there were times were I wanted to smack them both around their heads. I really enjoyed reading their struggle to overcome all the obstacles put it their way by others trying to stop them having a happy ending. Well worth reading.

Sheila
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is about Hope and Carter and the rocky start to their relationship and years later finally coming together to realize that that relationship is more important than anyone else or anything else. There are those who would interfere and family that would demand too much but in the end they were totally in love. Great story with great characters but I did want to kick someone butt a few times.

Karlyn Weldon
Feb 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I knew that I was going to love this book after reading only the blurb. I read this book in one sitting! Carter and Hope's story had me hooked from the very first chapter. Their story is told from both past and present experiences and it was VERY well-written! The story is sweet, real, had plenty of twists and turns and Carter and Hope had amazing chemistry! This is definitely a book that I would recommend!! It is also one that I will be reading again.....soon!
Jeanne Richardson
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book I've read written S.L. Sterling; she has done a great job at writing a good book; I will definitely be reading more of her books.

I loved the chemistry between the characters.

Ewa
Feb 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
In Your Arms is a sweet read with a great storyline . Characters are well developed.
Carter and Hope’s story goes back and forth between past and present. Actually to much into the past. I would like to have more into present. How their fight for love develop ?because it was one big emotional rollercoaster ride!

Angelica Larsson
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is yet another superb book from. S.L Sterling. The book is wellwritten, fastpaced and a real pageturner. The storyline is intriguing and the characters wonderful. Can not wait to see what the next book will be about.

« previous 1 3 next »

• The Setup
  • Bliss (Entangled Hearts Duet, #2)
  • Forever and All the Afters
  • Inhale, Exhale. (Hollow Ridge #1)
  • Lucky Bastard  (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • Sexy Suit (A Cocky Hero Club Novel)
  • Southern Sunrise (Southern Series, #4)
  • Heartbreaker
  • Corrode (Surface Rust, #2)
  • Lass
  • All I Ask
  • Bad Alibi (Redemption #1)
  • Cocky Carpenter (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Contemptuous CEO  (Cocky Hero Club)
  • Forgiving You
  • Wrecking Ball (Wrecked, #1)
  • Our Way
  • Three Loving Words
USA Today Bestselling Author S.L. Sterling was born and raised in southern Ontario. She now lives in Northern Ontario Canada and is married to her best friend and soul mate and their two dogs.

An avid reader all her life, S.L. Sterling dreamt of becoming an author. She decided to give writing a try after one of her favorite authors launched a course on how to write your novel. This course gave her

The Malone Brothers (4 books)
  • A Kiss Beneath the Stars