Start by marking “Hannah's War” as Want to Read:
Hannah's War

Hannah's War

Hannah Mason has spent the last two years of her life with an emotionally abusive husband. When the Yankees burn the plantation nearby, she runs away. Her destination is Nashville, but when she arrives dirty and with torn clothing, she is swept up with the other women in the purge of Smokey Row.
Loaded onto a steamboat, then rejected from various ports, the women are sent

To ask other readers questions about Hannah's War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hannah's War

Susannah Carleton
Interesting idea, but regrettably the characters are two- or one-dimensional. The main female character, Hannah, is the only one with a bit of depth (i.e., the two-dimensional one).

Mostly, the story is a series of sex scenes with a bit of plot in between. Hannah’s backstory is bizarre and borders on unbelievable, but her past experiences, as well as the time the author took to at least partially develop her character, make her the most realistic character.

I won’t be reading any more books by the
Paula
Aug 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great love story

The love story between Hannah and Lucas is not an easy road. Takes place during the Civil War. He is a doctor and after running away from abusive husband. Hannah ends up as a nurse for the Union. Her sworn enemy, since she is from and for the south. This book has several twist and turns. I highly recommend this book. I hope the author has more stories about the characters in this story.
c Strickland
Apr 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
excellent book.
Elisabeth Lauren
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was ok
Didn’t all add up

My goal is always to finish even if I do not like it. This was one of them. The story was unbelievable to me in some parts which made it hard to finish.
Deb Nichols
Jan 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hannah is a true heroine

Leslie did a great job with this story, keeping it fast-paced yet full of surprises and keep love woven throughout!
Beth Winters
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
More than one type of war

This is my fourth book that I have read by Leslie Hachtel, and I believe that it is my favorite of them. Set during the Civil War, the story of Hannah's war takes us on a journey with Hannah Mason. This woman who grew up with no comfort at home because of a spiteful mother and missing father. No wonder she jumps headlong at the first man that shows her any attention or affection. Unfortunately for her Daniel Mason was not all that he seemed. Finding out that your husband
GrnEyed
Oct 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical, romance
Leslie Hachtel has a gift for transporting her readers back to another time. In Hannah’s War she achieved that goal once again by transporting us back to the South during the time of the Civil War.

Hannah is a woman desperate to leave her abusive husband and her less than loving mother. Thanks to the war, Hannah is able to sneak away unnoticed. Just when she thought she had reached her goal, Nashville, she is taken into custody along with other women of ill repute. She ends up on a steamboat dea
Susan Bissell
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Here is a good book for women who like to read about the Civil War and/or period books. Hannah who is the main character has spent two years of her life in an abusive marriage Hannah was always looking for a way to escape when one night a nearby plantation is burned causing chaos on her plantation that gave Hannah her chance to flee. Hannah escapes to Nashville which took her several days to her to arrive because she had to walked and she would hide during the day and walk at night to keep from ...more
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Hannah’s War by Leslie Hatchel is a fantastic historical fiction read that transports you to another time. A time where the north and south were at war.
A woman’s place was in the home and people of color were slaves.

You meet Hannah. She escapes her abusive husband and finds herself alone in a world she doesn’t know anymore. A chance encounter with an old friend sets her off on a journey. Hannah meets people from all walks of life.
Bianca Eksteen
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hannah's War is a fantastic historical fiction that is absolutely amazing to read. Leslie Hachtel has a gift for transporting readers back in time. This time we find ourselves in the South during the Civil War. Hannah is desperate to leave her abusive husband and her nasty mother.
As we follow Hannah's journey I was glad that, for the most part, things work out for her. There are definitely some dramatic twists and turns, but it always ends positively. It was a light, easy read with just the rig
Heather Tassler
Victor Berube
Dec 16, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Reckoning: Saga of a Civil War Blockade Runner
  • Shadows of Magnolia (Southern Legacy #2)
  • Night of the Candles (Classic Gothics Collection, #6)
  • The Bride Star (Civil War Brides, #6)
  • Iron Branch: A Civil War Tale of a Woman In-Between
  • Look Away, Beulah Land (Beulah Land, #2)
  • Montana Woman
  • Widow, Spy, & Lover
  • The Vacant Chair
  • The Widow's War
  • The Rebel's Angel
  • Master of Paradise
  • The Soldier's Secret
  • Sleigh of Hope (Grayson Brothers #5)
  • Dangerous Obsession
  • A Scarlet Bride
  • My Dearest Cecelia: A Novel of the Southern Belle Who Stole General Sherman's Heart
  • Victoria
Leslie Hachtel was born in Ohio, raised in New York and has been a gypsy most of her adult life. Her various jobs, including licensed veterinary technician, caterer, horseback riding instructor for the disabled and advertising media buyer have given her a wealth of experiences.
However, it has been writing that has consistently been her passion.

Leslie lives in Florida with a fabulously supportive