Start by marking “Fast-Track Triathlete: Balancing a Big Life with Big Performance in Long-Course Triathlon” as Want to Read:

In Fast-Track Triathlete, elite triathlon coach Matt Dixon offers his plan of attack for high performance in long-course triathlon—without sacrificing work or life. Developed for busy professionals with demanding schedules, the Fast-Track Triathlete program makes your PR possible in Ironman®, Ironman 70.3®, Rev3, and Challenge triathlon in about 10 hours a week.

Training for long-course triath

Published January 31st 2018 by VeloPress

To ask other readers questions about Fast-Track Triathlete, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fast-Track Triathlete

Start your review of Fast-Track Triathlete: Balancing a Big Life with Big Performance in Long-Course Triathlon
Christian Faller
Oct 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This is a GREAT book if you are a self-trained individual pursuing the Ironman dream or trying to shave off some minutes of your personal record. It is very detailed and in-depth and Matt puts a lot of focus on helping you understand the purpose of the sessions and what each element of training is meant to provide. I can't stress this enough because it is a key part of his approach. Other books that I've read pretty much only subscriped a training plan and I would follow it along as smoothly as ...more
Lisa Feria
Jun 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
GREAT TIPS, EVEN FOR EXPERIENCED TRIATHLETES

Enjoyed the tips, ideas, advice and plans. I’ve read countless triathlon books but the focus on being a time-starved (frequently-traveling) triathlete is a new approach. I enjoyed the pragmatic approach to fitting triathlon into your regular life. How to manage when life gets in the way with illness or travel, for example.
Matthew Beyerle
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Dixon's pragmatic approach to training within your life. His emphasis on training, sleep, fueling, and strength make for sensible and attainable training plans. While I have some running specific goals I hope to accomplish before taking on an Ironman or 70.3, I'd use this book as a resource for those events.
Joseph Worcester
Aug 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Balanced Perspectives and approach

Recently I have been primarily a marathon runner who is preparing for my first IRONMAN 70.3. I was concerned about squeezing the additional training time but this book presents some helpful advice and encouragement to keep the most important things in life as priorities over training. I now have more confidence that I can get more value out of each workout and be prepared my race.
Jay Waghray
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Basic, repetitive, but probably the best book on triathlon training available.
Ahmed Salama
Mar 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Love this book, a lot of new ideas and way to long distance races, its also help you mange your time as well
Sara
linda e manzer
Jul 10, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Merge two copies of same book 2 9 May 20, 2019 10:42PM

• 80/20 Triathlon: Discover the Breakthrough Elite-Training Formula for Ultimate Fitness and Performance at All Levels
  • MIKE REILLY Finding My Voice: Tales From IRONMAN, the World's Greatest Endurance Event
  • Peak Performance: Elevate Your Game, Avoid Burnout, and Thrive with the New Science of Success
  • Finding Ultra, Revised and Updated Edition: Rejecting Middle Age, Becoming One of the World's Fittest Men, and Discovering Myself
  • Endure: Mind, Body, and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance
  • Life of a Triathlete: Race Preparation
  • How Bad Do You Want It?: Mastering the Psychology of Mind Over Muscle
  • The Triathlete's Training Bible
  • Cause of Death (Kay Scarpetta, #7)
  • Operation Ironman: One Man's Four Month Journey from Hospital Bed to Ironman Triathlon
  • Triathlon Swimming Foundations: A Straightforward System for Making Beginner Triathletes Comfortable and Confident in the Water (Triathlon Foundations Book 1)
  • Triathlon For Beginners
  • Развитие лидеров: Как понять свой стиль управления и эффективно общаться с носителями иных стилей
  • Fear No Distance: A Journey to Life without Limits